• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy πšπšŽπšŒπš›πšžπš’πšπš’πš—πš ➡ Present Day Deities

mikayre

I will do whatever it takes to protect you. β™‘

Present Day Deities

――――― β˜† ―――――

The deities of old have fallen, remaining but a gold tinted memory of those who knew of them.

Thirteen individuals are chosen to rise to the top, to govern the people they once knew with an otherworldly power.

• Plot
    ――――― ❦ ―――――
    Thirteen individuals from all walks of life have been chosen by fate to replace the once mighty Greek gods. Upon reaching Olympus, they discover their new home is in ruins - they'll have to restore it themselves. As they restore it, they find bits and pieces of the old gods, learning of their fate. Each previous Olympian died of a tragic cause relating to the force they governed.

Olympus is comprised of a few main areas.

The Obsitus Garden
    ――――― ❦ ―――――
    Originally a beautiful, flourishing garden filled with flowers native only to Olympus as well as earthly ones. The climate within the garden was always a comfortable, warm temperature, with occasional rain showers when the garden was unoccupied. The garden was circled by twelve large pillars, with a small pond in the middle. Shimmering fish darted across the pond while lily pads floated on the surface. Now, the pillars have nearly crumbled, and the garden is unkempt - some areas having grown too much while others not growing enough. Any plant life has wilted or is barely clinging onto life.

The Amphitheatre
    ――――― ❦ ―――――
    A semicircle of a large amount of seats surrounding an open marble floor. Many events happened here, such as live poetry and musical performances. It never rained here, and the sun would create a warm and comfortable atmosphere where anyone could remain. Currently, the amphitheatre is eerily silent, faint echoes of what used to happen here bouncing off the seats. Clouds loom over the area, causing it to feel dark and unwelcoming.

The Abandoned Abodes
    ――――― ❦ ―――――
    Twelve buildings stood in a square, three buildings on each side. Standing in the center, to the north lay the cabins of Poseidon, Zeus, and Hera. Zeus' cabin was the largest, towering above Poseidon and Hades' cabins. To the east lay the cabins of Athena, Apollo, and Demeter. To the west: Ares, Artemis, and Dionysus. Finally, the southernmost cabins belong to Hephaestus, Hermes, and Aphrodite. In the middle of the square of cabins sits Hestia's hearth. Hades home is absent, for he lived in the underworld - and when he visited Olympus, he resided in the cabin of the Olympian he favored the most. Now, the majority of these homes lay in ruins, though some buildings are still intact and can easily be rebuilt.

The Council Room
    ――――― ❦ ―――――
    A circle of seats surround a large marble table, each seat previously adorned with one of the symbols of each of the gods. Hades had a seat at this table, despite not frequently appearing at meetings. He was at the last meeting before the gods dropped like flies. The room currently sits with a similar eerie emptiness to the amphitheatre, though this emptiness harbors a sense of impending doom.

If you're interested, say so below & share some ideas for the character you'd like to play! This includes (but is not limited to), ideas for how their predecessor died or their personality/mannerisms! Also, let me know what to call you, your pronouns, and whether you'd prefer OOC chatter to happen on Discord, in a thread, or a group private message!

This is in part inspired by Percy Jackson, but I hope the ideas are original enough that even those not in the fandom will enjoy!

Ask any questions you may have, this is obviously a WIP idea because I'd like to develop this with the group I select!

Character Thread

Last edited:
Little update since I poked into the similar threads - treat this as another opportunity to do something similar to the one thread I did see. πŸ˜…

Hmmm, prefer them to be homosexual.
I was thinking more ideas for their personality, how their predecessors died, etc.! There's a bit more to the plot than them just being replacements of the old gods. ;)

I was thinking more ideas for their personality, how their predecessors died, etc.! There's a bit more to the plot than them just being replacements of the old gods. ;)
Ah, of course!
Well, they'd be flirtatious and bold, and I believe that their predecessor, Poseidon, would die by attacks from humans.

interested in apollo for sure and maybe hestia? my apollo baby is gonna be a big show man for sure,, and poor hestia child is just a ball of anxiety and sunshine. i’m trying to think of ways their predecessors died… i may need some help with that shjdjd

also, i generally prefer discord for oocβ€”it’s faster and easier to navigate imoβ€”but im totally down for an ooc thread or pms as well!

interested in apollo for sure and maybe hestia? my apollo baby is gonna be a big show man for sure,, and poor hestia child is just a ball of anxiety and sunshine. i’m trying to think of ways their predecessors died… i may need some help with that shjdjd

also, i generally prefer discord for oocβ€”it’s faster and easier to navigate imoβ€”but im totally down for an ooc thread or pms as well!
good choices :csmile:!!
all i could think of for hestia was she burned to death HELP DSJKKJD
we can obviously talk more once the group gets brainstorming

I don't see why not! Got any ideas for them? :0

A chill dude, the sort who wears jackets and uses sunglasses less to try and be cool and more out of comfort- someone who's 'to the point' like 'toto-tata', yet not necessarily uncharismatic. Someone who's often seen taking the most obvious route first but isn't beyond thinking other ways out of an issue or making allies or 'coworkers' to help 'im out.

Much like the way Hades is often depicted in media, he's the sort who rarely holds grudges, but when he does, with someone invoking the wrath of a calm man? Yeesh.

A chill dude, the sort who wears jackets and uses sunglasses less to try and be cool and more out of comfort- someone who's 'to the point' like 'toto-tata', yet not necessarily uncharismatic. Someone who's often seen taking the most obvious route first but isn't beyond thinking other ways out of an issue or making allies or 'coworkers' to help 'im out.

Much like the way Hades is often depicted in media, he's the sort who rarely holds grudges, but when he does, with someone invoking the wrath of a calm man? Yeesh.
LOVE IT!!

Thanks much! Fun fact: the idea mostly came how in history, the Greeks didn't do many stories involving Hades because they thought it'd be bad Juju. Which is how he became depicted as a chill and misunderstood god in modern media.
I didn't know that! I was hoping someone would definitely play with the idea that he isn't included in a lot of things :D

Righto, here's the idea I had. Hades committed divine suicide. Pretty fucking big deal, yeah? Basically a final fuck you to his siblings, for whatever reason. Maybe it was spite, maybe he wanted to break free from the cycle, the monotony, and took himself who knows, really. Point is, the underworld was thrown into disarray. When the God of the Dead dies? Not a good thing. Some souls probably escaped here and there, maybe some hellfire escaped, and it maybe reached my character.

The idea is, he got burned badly and uses the jacket to cover it up. He's over it, though. Doesn't matter that much to him (unless ya try and make it matter) memory's blocked off. But it ties into why he decided to replace Hades. Both spite and a sense of responsibility, of wanting to 'do better' and 'put this shit show in order.' he ain't no leader, he ain't no Zeus. He is, however, the new owner of the Underworld. And he's gonna bring make so everything is pristine, so no kiddie is burned again, and nobody else has to die to quit their job.

And maybe, pet Cerberus as a bonus.

Righto, here's the idea I had. Hades committed divine suicide. Pretty fucking big deal, yeah? Basically a final fuck you to his siblings, for whatever reason. Maybe it was spite, maybe he wanted to break free from the cycle, the monotony, and took himself who knows, really. Point is, the underworld was thrown into disarray. When the God of the Dead dies? Not a good thing. Some souls probably escaped here and there, maybe some hellfire escaped, and it maybe reached my character.

The idea is, he got burned badly and uses the jacket to cover it up. He's over it, though. Doesn't matter that much to him (unless ya try and make it matter) memory's blocked off. But it ties into why he decided to replace Hades. Both spite and a sense of responsibility, of wanting to 'do better' and 'put this shit show in order.' he ain't no leader, he ain't no Zeus. He is, however, the new owner of the Underworld. And he's gonna bring make so everything is pristine, so no kiddie is burned again, and nobody else has to die to quit their job.

And maybe, pet Cerberus as a bonus.
OKAY I got busy before I could read this
I LOVE your idea of how the original hades died + your idea for the new god of death! Only thing I want to point out is your character doesn't really get a choice in the fact that they're now the god of death :] however I love your idea of him wanting to make everything right
As for cerberus, I'll think about it, but I don't see why not :0

OKAY I got busy before I could read this
I LOVE your idea of how the original hades died + your idea for the new god of death! Only thing I want to point out is your character doesn't really get a choice in the fact that they're now the god of death :] however I love your idea of him wanting to make everything right
As for cerberus, I'll think about it, but I don't see why not :0

Lol nah, that's good. I got the feeling it was the case. I meant more it in a 'I have the opportunity, so I might as well take it because I'm pissed' sort of way. It's sorta doing your damn best at something outta spite.

Also, for Cerberus, it was mostly a joke. But I do think he'll try and get a few assistants. Maybe a few old contacts from Hades and all. Ruling the Underworld by yourself ain't easy.

Lol nah, that's good. I got the feeling it was the case. I meant more it in a 'I have the opportunity, so I might as well take it because I'm pissed' sort of way. It's sorta doing your damn best at something outta spite.

Also, for Cerberus, it was mostly a joke. But I do think he'll try and get a few assistants. Maybe a few old contacts from Hades and all. Ruling the Underworld by yourself ain't easy.
Sounds good!!!

For my character, I'll have him be a swimmer who already distinctively had Poseidons abilities, but just thought they were odd quirks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back