• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Recruiting for SOCO (Mafia-esque RP) (Need "Rookies") OPEN

Danoram

probaly...
“We don’t pick sides--We just take the money and adhere to our agreements. He who pays more buys the priority.”

In this world, amidst all that is your norm, there exist those known as variants. Variants are men and women who possess abnormal qualities--powers, some might call them--but they appear all the same as anyone else.

-----How to tell a variant from a non-variant: a variant’s eyes do not reflect.

-----Variant/Non-variant Ratio: 1 out of 1’000 men and women are born variant.

Standing Ovation, a massively organized underground criminal corporation, has provided refuge to these variants from all over the world for years, offering their illegal business to clients seeking protection while also dabbling with gambling, loan sharking, drug trafficking, and fraud. With the help of the powerful variants, they are a deadly force to be reckoned with.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the organization, the rankings look like this:
-----1 Chief (taken)
-----3 Elders (taken)
-----2 Lieutenants (1 taken, 1 seeking)
-----Unlimited Juniors
-----Unlimited Rookies

But for the RP to start, we're looking for:
-----3 Elders (done Danoram Danoram Tetro Tetro D U H D U H )
-----3 Rookies (still seeking 2 more)

Once these roles have been filled, we can focus on creating second characters and bringing in more members to join the fun. The RP will be starting with the ELDERS recruiting/interviewing the three ROOKIES while, if they're established, the lieutenants and other members--the juniors--are hearing from the CHIEF the details of an upcoming assignment.

Last edited:
Our characters are outcasts from society be them a Variant or not.

They will face many hardships. They will kill and we'll see some die.
Some of them can still show their faces in public--perhaps they joined Standing Ovation simply because they had nowhere else to go. The point is that the organization is now their home.
They are given assignments, orders to carry out for a wide range of reasons. Some of these jobs involve stealing goods from clothes to weapons to dog foods even. Some require the members to don disguises and infiltrate major industries for important documents, etc.

Come join and find out! It'll be fun :)

Come check this out! Be you looking for action, adventure, and even romance--you'll find it in this RP!
I intend to fully incorporate every character's personal background elements into the story so that we can watch them grow and develop!

(Work from 12p to 8p EST. Expect replies around then.)

Still looking for characters! Trying to fill in the remaining rookie roles! Once that's been done and everyone's characters are up, we will begin the RP!

(Work 10/13/19 from 12p to 12a, so expect replies around 1am or later in the day after sleep.)

I’m interested! I need to check my schedule to make sure that I have the confidence I can keep up with the RP but this def peaked my interest. I would like to reserve a spot for Junior?

Also, some questions. Are variants looked down upon by the society? Can a variant possibly be born from a wealthy family or undergo normal education? Do they occur randomly (two nonvariants suddenly gave birth to a variants) or is gene related? Lastly, as part of the organization, do their missions sometimes include killing off completely innocent people/civilians? (Let’s say if my OC has a moral code where she does not kill any innocent people or people undeserving of death, is she still possible to be a junior?) Thank you!

Last edited:
I’m interested! I need to check my schedule to make sure that I have the confidence I can keep up with the RP but this def peaked my interest. I would like to reserve a spot for Junior?

Also, some questions. Are variants looked down upon by the society? Can a variant possibly be born from a wealthy family or undergo normal education? Do they occur randomly (two nonvariants suddenly gave birth to a variants) or is gene related? Lastly, as part of the organization, do their missions sometimes include killing off completely innocent people/civilians? (Let’s say if my OC has a moral code where she does not kill any innocent people or people undeserving of death, is she still possible to be a junior?) Thank you!
It's random because the RPs for fun so I'm not gonna waste time getting into genes and heredity lmao. Variants are still seen as normal people, but they also experience a lot of discrimination because the public fears them to a degree so you're most likely to find a Variant losing a court case of sorts. Variants stand out if they're known of. People avoid them, and they can undergo normal education, yes. They can have jobs and shit.

You probably wouldn't know you're child is a Variant until sixteen or so, sometimes after puberty--idfk.

And the organization only kills people involved in their matters. They don't target innocents but if it happens by accident, they take certain measurements to atone for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back