• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Recruiting for a Autocthonian setting of Exalted.

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Greetings all. I have a Exalted game that is in danger of fizzling out from some players going inactive. I am hoping to be able to draw in some fresh players. Any Caste is allowed except for Adamant. Below is a link to the IC portion of the game.

Inside the Great Maker - IC Thread

Always interested in Exalted. I'm just reluctant to join another game and risk slowing it because my posting schedule can be decidedly less often than daily...

We are not posting at any rapid pace, so it is not likely that you would be slowing it down. It is a very new game, with only 8 xp having been awarded so far, so there is not much to catch up on. I did make a few changes to the character creation rules, so you'll need to look them over before just jumping into making a new Exalt.

Hi there. I've never really done a dice roleplay before, so please tell me if you don't want to rp with a newbie or if this is the wrong sort of rp for a beginner, but I'm interested in starting dice rps, and this seems pretty interesting.

Hi there. I've never really done a dice roleplay before, so please tell me if you don't want to rp with a newbie or if this is the wrong sort of rp for a beginner, but I'm interested in starting dice rps, and this seems pretty interesting.
I have had a long tradition of helping new people to the site and to the game get to know the system, so being new is not a deal breaker. I just require that everyone have fun and enjoy themselves, and to be the best role-player you can and let me worry about the game crunch.

A couple of quick questions. Have you ever played Exalted at all? If not, I would be willing to help you make up a character, but I need to know just how much knowledge of the system you have.

I have had a long tradition of helping new people to the site and to the game get to know the system, so being new is not a deal breaker. I just require that everyone have fun and enjoy themselves, and to be the best role-player you can and let me worry about the game crunch.

A couple of quick questions. Have you ever played Exalted at all? If not, I would be willing to help you make up a character, but I need to know just how much knowledge of the system you have.
I've never played Exalted or any other dice based rpg before, so my knowledge is zilch, unfortunately.

That's ok. No bad habits to unlearn.

The basic setting is this: Many thousands of years ago, the Primordials made Creation from the chaos of the Wyld as a bastion of stability. The tedious act of running the day to day business of managing Creation was boring, so the great Primordials made lesser beings to handle the work for them while they sat back and partied all day. These beings are the great gods: The Unconquered Sun, Luna, and the five Maidens of Fate: Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and Neptune. The Primordials put into the gods the prohibition that they were not able to raise their hands against their creators as a safety measure.

As time went by, the gods turned to Autochthon, the Great Maker, and asked Him to make a race of beings to worship them. Thus, humanity was made. More time has gone by, and the gods are getting pissed off at the Primordials, having to clean up the messes left behind by their masters. But, they could not do anything against the Primordials, due to the powerful geas inside them.

Autochthon could see that the other Primordials were causing trouble, and he was not happy with them, either. So, made the Shards of Exalted Power and gave them to the gods to raise up a select number of humans with the power to be able to lay low the other Primordials. A massive war took place between the Exalted and the Primordials, and the Exalted won thanks to the aid of Autochthon. The other Primordials were either killed and sent to the Underworld, or locked away in the prison of Malfias (hell).

At this point, the very presence of Autochthon made the gods and Exalted uneasy. He could see the writing on the wall, and He decided to make a run for it into the outer Void of space, leaving Creation behind. Before He left, He gathered up several thousands of humans and took them into His massive planet-sized body to help him maintain His bodily functions while He would slumber deep in space.

Before Autochthon slept, He introduced to the humans inside His body the secrets of how to make a new kind of Exalted, the Alchemicals. They would act as Champions of the people, using their powers to help the humans survive and live inside the Great Maker's body, locked away from Creation forever.

That was five thousand years ago, and things inside the Great Maker is not going well. Supplies are starting to run out, systems are breaking down, and it is whispered in the halls of power in the Eight Nations of Autochthon that if things don't change soon, all of Autochthon may fall into the Underworld and die.

The characters are one of the various types of Exalted made in the nation of Kamak. Think of it as a Steampunk world, with a very old Soviet Union mentality that everything belongs to the State and there is no personal property.

Pardon me if this is a tedious question, but what exactly is an Alchemical? How are they different from regular Exalted? Are they kind of just hu,ans with special powers or regular humans who are really good at fighting or what?

The Alchemicals are kind of like magical constructs, not being truly alive like a human, but still self aware and able to interact with people as one of them. They look like they are made from a mix of metal and clay (unless they use some of their powers to conceal their identity), and have clockwork and Essence powered Charms that give them great power.

Thanks for that, Pips! Hopefully that will answer the questions better than I can.

Thanks for both explanations! It makes more sense now. Also, at the risk of sounding silly, how do you go about making a character sheet here?

Here is a link to the Character thread of the game. What everyone has done so far is to just type in their info with some formatting to make their sheets look good.

Since you are a newcomer to the system, I would prefer to get some guidance from you as to what kind of character you'd like to run, and I would then build it for you so you don't get overwhelmed by the rules.

If it's not too much trouble, then that sounds good to me! Do you want to keep discussing this here or in the ooc thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back