Literature Recommend Me Some Webcomics

Saccharine Cyanide

One part sweet, two parts poison
What could be better than comics on the interwebs? Free comics on the interwebs. I want to hear about your favorite webcomics, so go ahead and recommend me your favorites from any genre, finished or still being updated.

Some of my favorites for starters: Mare Internum (content warning for child abuse) and Kill Six Billion Demons (cw: violence). Okay, go.

I read a lot from Line Webtoons. So here a a few of my favorites (and they are free :D):

Girls of the Wild's
Flow
Witch Hunt
Tower of God (haven't caught up)
unOrdinary (haven't caught up)

Then there's some others of the same site but under a section called Discover. It's just about the same as the actual Line Webtoons except there isn't a set schedule for releases of new issues.

Some favorites of Discover:
Scarce Clover
FOUR QUARTERS
OVERDRIVE

Idea Idea
LFG is okay, although I haven't checked it in a while. TwoKinds dips into too weird of fetish territory for my tastes.

AVagrant AVagrant
I love Hark! A Vagrant. : D
Though I'll admit I'm not enough of a history buff to get all the jokes.
My favorite strip:
poevernesm.png

Yo, my dude, have you hear the wondrous news of Homestuck?
And if you want all the awesome characters to have voices, which I very highly recommend, watch this.

But if its a good art style you are after, you should read the Property of Hate (it is ongoing but pretty long)

Romantically Apocalyptic is a wonderful comic about a company that's own basic human needs and a man that works there as a tour guide, that man after the apocalypse, and his many, many, absolutely insane friends.

And if you want all the awesome characters to have voices, which I very highly recommend, watch this.

But if its a good art style you are after, you should read the Property of Hate (it is ongoing but pretty long)

I kinda gave up on Homestuck when I stopped checking it for a while, came back, and couldn't find the page I ended on. OTL
I've heard of Property of Hate, but I haven't read it yet. I'll have to give it a look.

The Adventures of Dr. McNinja

It is about the adventures of a doctor who is also a ninja.

It just ended too.

I almost forgot about that one. I'll add it to the queue of the ridiculous amount of comics I'll be bingeing this weekend. : P

I literally only clicked on this thread to see how long it would take for somebody to mention Homestuck. But while I'm here, there's a comic called Heartstopper on tumblr and it's really simple but I like it. Not much has been written yet but it's still good!!

I've no idea exactly what you enjoy, but I'll list the ones I follow in the hope that they may check a box or two. Chances are they're over-popular anyway, but hey.

Ava's Demon (page 1)- It's recently started updating regularly again, so I'll recommend it. It's a cute art style, digitally painted, done in a kind of storyboard style (so a panel a page). At first glance it looks like a generic school comic, but it rather violently veers away into things ranging from aliens and cyborgs to demons, mental anguish and supernatural powers. The usual range. It gets quite dark at times, which is pleasantly jarring with how it's drawn.

Stand Still, Stay Silent (page 1)- Post-apocalyptic science fiction (or is it?), with heavy themes of Nordic mythology. Starts with a prologue before the apocalypse, which means it builds up over time, interspersed with in-universe informational posters. Lovely art style, again, this time done more like a traditional comic book. Some lovely designs of the "monsters", without giving too much away, or at least in my opinion. I enjoy the body horror. Also, cats are important.

Rice Boy (page 1) and Vattu (page 1)- Done by the same author, and all in the same universe ("Overside"). Vattu is the one currently being updated: all of the others have been finished. However, Rice Boy was the first, so I may as well link to that one (Plus, it's interesting seeing the art style develop), although not essential to read, nor are any of the others linked to on the site. Again, done in a traditional comic style. It tends to show rather than tell, which means that a lot may be left open for interpretation. If you like in-depth fantasy and enigmatic worldbuilding, then it's worth giving any of the Overside comics a try.

I've just started reading Prague Race, so I really can't say much about it so far... but I'll link it anyway in case anyone wants to have a look. I read quite slowly, but will probably in time check out what's been linked here! Although I did read Homestuck (and of course Problem Sleuth) back in the day!

Quick non-story comedy webcomics I check up on every now and then include The Perry Bible Fellowship (dark humour) and Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal (...nerd).

Always Human is a really good free webcomic. It's science fiction set in a futuristic Australia. It also has an amazing art style and very lovable characters.

Lmao Lunar xD but yes I agree with the video for starters. People who enjoys podcast will enjoy this, i say.

Paranatural is a comedy/action comic about a group of superpowered middle schoolers fighting evil spirits and investigating paranormal activity in their hometown.

This webcomic has some cute and quirky characters and after a couple of pages in, the comic is very colourful and pleasing to the eyes.

Wilde Life is a supernatural adventure/horror series set in a small town in rural Oklahoma. It focuses on stories about creatures from Native American mythology as witnessed and documented by a journalist from Chicago, Illinois.

Not too sure what to say about this webcomic other than this is a easy read with a heartwarming characters, relationships, character crisis, and such.

Luicidstuck survival adventure which surrounds the protagonist Derrick Willford, and his friends. While being paranoid and cautious of the events in reality, Derrick also must pay close attention to details in his dreams, as dark and mysterious creatures appear in his dreams in hopes of a new body to claim as their own.

You might have caught onto the trend with my recommendation, hahaha. This one is inspired by homestuck, but this one is a real freak of art. If you are into creepy and horror-esk stuff, this is recommended.

I like magical girl comics, so I'm a pretty big fan of Agents of the Realm, and Sleepless Domain. I also really like Flaky Pastry, Power Nap, and Earthsong.

Blemmigan Blemmigan

I tend to enjoy webcomics with darker themes, but I know people like to troll these sort of threads to find new stuff too, so anything goes.

The only thing bad about the Perry Bible Fellowship is that it never updates. D<

I like magical girl comics, so I'm a pretty big fan of Agents of the Realm, and Sleepless Domain. I also really like Flaky Pastry, Power Nap, and Earthsong.

Oh my gosh. Thank you for reminding me about Power Nap. <3
I started reading it literally years ago, never finished it, and forgot about it.

i'm a big fan of webcomics so i understand getting stuck sometomes. some of the really good ones i know are monsterkind, lackadaisy, and bastard. hope you have fun c;

Hm, i see that twokinds has already been mentioned, so that ones off the table lmao

Slightly Damned has been one ive enjoyed for years now, despite the fact that i find the demon boy and angel girl romance an obnoxious cliche. Still, it's a neat comic.

Carribean Blue has nekos taking a vacation and then a whole lot of shit ensues. One girl is kind of an anthro.

Cucumber Quest is something two of my friends like, but i havent read much. It seems funny, i just dont have time to catch up. Its about a rabbit boy who doesnt want to adventure while everybody else keeps finding ways to force him to go on the adventure.

Paranatural has been mentioned and is quite nice. Most of the pages have alt-text on them to make jokes about the comic itself.

A neat webcomic called Carciphona is on its 6th volume. The older pages have some very anime-ish art but as you keep reading it gets a lot better. Definitely goes into the fantasy genre, since it has different races and systems of magic.

looking for group and twokinds are a couple of webcomics I keep myself updated on. The one punch man webcomic has an excellent and funny story too, but it´s a bit bad on the art department. And if you know wow, dark legacy comics is also an excellent route.

There was one more I could recommend, but I can´t remember it´s name...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back