Viewpoint Recognising Faceclaims as actual characters.

Ooh Rinmaru.com... that takes me back. I'm a veteran of using that site lol. I'll definitely look into using them more often. Now that you've reminded me I'm more inclined to check up on them. Picrew, however, is not very diverse and a lot of the avatar creators are very... exclusive. A lot don't have any skin shade range, any curly hair types, freckles, unique eye colors, etc.. Of course there are some gems on the site but I always forget them... I remember one time I literally scrolled through every single avatar creator they had on there. The good ones were few and far between. Maybe it's different now that its been awhile!

Thank you for the suggestions!

There are definately a lot of picrews with a wide variety of skin colors. There are blogs dedicated to the ones with good bipolar skin colors (I mostly roleplay black or brown characters so I looked into them when I was trying to make dolls of my own characters). So they d exist, both male and female versions.

I would definately save the ones you like though. Cuz it can be a pain to try to find them again.

ps - heading to bed but I can DM you the link to the blogs if you want. Save you some of the hassle of scrolling through on your own.

Personally I only use Pinterest for settings or animal images. Because a lot of the art is Uploaded without permission from the original artist. So it seems like a good way to go against someone’s express wishes involving their work.

Why in your opinion is it OK to use it for settings and animal images but not OK for characters? It's still using someone else's work for something they didn't intend. Or am I missing something here?

Why in your opinion is it OK to use it for settings and animal images but not OK for characters? It's still using someone else's work for something they didn't intend. Or am I missing something here?

1. There are no generators for animal or settings. So short of drawing it yourself you are going to HAVE to use someone else’s art. That’s not the case with people where you have multiple options to use that aren’t stealing someone else’s art.

2. Pinterest doesn’t guarantee credit to the original artist. But in general the settings/animal art DO actually link to the original artist so you can give credit. You can’t necessarily do that with people.

3. The ideas are more general. I’m not taking a character someone else made from scratch for whatever reason. I’m just linking their interpretation of say a dragon (with credit).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back