• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Reclamation of Tyrium

Here's my two cents on the dice thing. When it comes to armies clashing, dice. Higher roll wins and casualties I'd think would be easier to come up with, and not every fight will be a massive one where it's a close won fight, there will be stomps. For individuals, I'd say have the two write it out and call bs on things that are suspicious. Like dodging practically every hit and gaining only a couple scratches in the process without even losing their breath.

We have opposite ideas in that regard, Soviet Panda Soviet Panda You see in my opinion, the individuals should dice because you can roll dice for them individually. With armies, you're rolling dice for thousands of people. Although a few soldiers may completely fail in their efforts, since there are so many people fighting it would even out to a more normal performance of an army. Therefore dice should be used on individuals. You might completely mess up a few times while fighting, because that's how chance works, and you might completely wreck the other guy. That's where the modifiers come in. Maybe you've been practicing with the sword a lot, then you get a higher proficiency as opposed to a person who has a lower proficiency who doesn't use the sword often.

Now then, FireMaiden FireMaiden
Shucks! That's really too bad, is there any way I could convince you on that point. I mean not over all, but for this RP at least? I'm adamant about at least talking this out before we just come to a conclusion on our opinions. So would you mind proposing your position on this so I can better understand?

We have opposite ideas in that regard, Soviet Panda Soviet Panda You see in my opinion, the individuals should dice because you can roll dice for them individually. With armies, you're rolling dice for thousands of people. Although a few soldiers may completely fail in their efforts, since there are so many people fighting it would even out to a more normal performance of an army. Therefore dice should be used on individuals. You might completely mess up a few times while fighting, because that's how chance works, and you might completely wreck the other guy. That's where the modifiers come in. Maybe you've been practicing with the sword a lot, then you get a higher proficiency as opposed to a person who has a lower proficiency who doesn't use the sword often.

Now then, FireMaiden FireMaiden
Shucks! That's really too bad, is there any way I could convince you on that point. I mean not over all, but for this RP at least? I'm adamant about at least talking this out before we just come to a conclusion on our opinions. So would you mind proposing your position on this so I can better understand?

Well, it's more I have no idea how it works.

FireMaiden FireMaiden Aha! Well that's easily rectified! I know that BunnyQueen also has the same problem, so it will be a fun learning experience. It's very easy to learn and whenever you have time to spare i'd love to teach whoever doesn't know how dice works.

By the way, I have more ideas for classes to encompass characters who are not focused on combat. I mainly thought of this because the character I have in mind is neither a mage, any sort of warrior or ranger, or a thief or rogue. So here are my suggestions:

Journeyman: (what I intended by character to be) An individual wandering the high roads in search of fortune, fame, or a better place to call home. Not particularly good with a sword or bow, and typically not magically inclined, Journeymen (or women) are hardy travelers well-suited to the rigors of long overland treks. (I don't know what their bonuses should go to, perhaps Wisdom and Endurance or whatever trait determines Endurance).

Caravanner/Peddler: A travelling merchant who always knows how to get a good deal or make a sale. These types of characters can typically be found hawking their wares, although it is not uncommon to find bankrupt merchants wandering the highways. Bonuses to Charisma (to signify their ability to barter and negotiate).

Question. When it comes to weapons, would at least cannons exist? Muskets and the like I don't much care about, and the in the end the decision is up to you. But when it comes to naval combat, controlled explosions are much more exciting then a hand full of arrows flying back and forth.

Question. When it comes to weapons, would at least cannons exist? Muskets and the like I don't much care about, and the in the end the decision is up to you. But when it comes to naval combat, controlled explosions are much more exciting then a hand full of arrows flying back and forth.
Actually, naval combat in the Middle Ages also relied heavily on ramming tactics similar to the Greco-Roman naval tactics back in their day. Similarly, a lot of battles revolved around bloody boarding actions where cogs full of footsoldiers would board each other and engage in melee combat. They even had ships that were designed like little floating castles to better defend against boarders.

Overall, naval combat in the Middle Ages was extremely personal and bloody. I would rather be shot at with a cannon.

Actually, naval combat in the Middle Ages also relied heavily on ramming tactics similar to the Greco-Roman naval tactics back in their day. Similarly, a lot of battles revolved around bloody boarding actions where cogs full of footsoldiers would board each other and engage in melee combat. They even had ships that were designed like little floating castles to better defend against boarders.

Overall, naval combat in the Middle Ages was extremely personal and bloody. I would rather be shot at with a cannon.
but can't we also use magic?

but can't we also use magic?
I suppose you could have mages up on the masts firing balls of flame at enemy vessels. That would be interesting. Since this is fantasy, less magically-inclined factions might have devices like Archimedes' Mirror to burn enemy ships. That would only work in sunlight though, of course. Another way magicians might influence naval combat in the setting is perhaps warding mages defending ships from magical attack. They might be inscribed with runes as well for fire resistance or speed or something, although that would be more for the Dwarves that are seafarers.

Wow alright there's a lot of things here. So Soviet Panda Soviet Panda and Shireling saw some very interesting points brought up about naval combat. So I'm sorry, but there will not be cannons. But the idea about the mage combat and boarding boats sounds very good Vali Ulfr Vali Ulfr

And Shireling Shireling regarding the Journeyman, sounds like a good class. I'll add it in and give you credit. Thanks for the input.

Regarding character level FireMaiden FireMaiden that is indeed a good point. But character level is more based on how experienced your character is. Like if you're an old man whose been through many adventures already, you might be a higher level than a young soldier who has just been drafted. So it depends on the character, is she going to be a very experienced commander?

Vali Ulfr Vali Ulfr Info like how to make the CS and how dice works? Whatever i'll just do that and hope that's what you meant.

Oh and hey i'm holding you responsible for this section now. Tell me what needs adding. And remind me to finish it, right now i'm lazy. It's a lot, idk if people will actually use it... :closedeyescryingfrown:

Last edited:
SecondBreaking SecondBreaking

Grissenholt is mostly finished. I will be adding character vignettes for the Empress and other leaders soon. I was hoping you could help me with the stats for the wildlife section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back