• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Reclaiming Humanity (OOC)

LetsGoGuy LetsGoGuy
So me and frogmilk frogmilk are ready to post a post that will bring our characters to the town, but it would require a time skip of about two days for them to get there. Though it doesn't really fit with the current posts on your side in the hotel. Do we wait to post or something so the time fits better?

Reecie Reecie

Hey, really sorry if you didn't get the notif yet, but I replied a week ago and still haven't gotten a response. Wanted to make sure u knu. I thought you were busy or somethin since it was Thanksgiving.

Yeah, I was busy over thanksgiving and have busy weeks to come, but the plan is to get everyone together soon, and to start introducing a mechanic to the game that I planned from the beginning. I can explain it now if you all want or I can save it before I put up the next post. I plan to include it in my next post or two. Let me all know what you think.

Apologies for the shorter post as well. Next one will be fairly lengthy.

No rush. This group of three with @Tjek Songbird500 Songbird500 and myself needs time to discuss and such. Plenty of time for your group to come on the scene!

Apologies, for some reason I didn't get any notification? But yeah, I assume we're gonna go through your plan and ill probably stick around for a while and try to get you guys to help me out as well?

Sounds reasonable. Their missions coincide, as him clearing out the island makes it a safer place to look for her family. And her support adds one more to the team that is slowly growing.

Also, in the next few posts, I want to introduce a new mechanic. I figure it is best to mention it now, rather than later.

My plan is essentially to have a "Danger Generator." The plan is that, during any proposed mission or event, I will want to random generate a level of difficulty or success. For example, if a character wants to try and perform some sort of crazy action, like solo clearing a building or sneaking up and assassinating 127312382372193 zombies, then they'll have to random generate a number between 1-20, 20 being a crazy awesome success, 1 being a total failure. I just thought it would add an element of mystery to things. If this sounds too complicated or uninteresting, let me know. I'd be happy to ditch the idea.

Sounds reasonable. Their missions coincide, as him clearing out the island makes it a safer place to look for her family. And her support adds one more to the team that is slowly growing.

Also, in the next few posts, I want to introduce a new mechanic. I figure it is best to mention it now, rather than later.

My plan is essentially to have a "Danger Generator." The plan is that, during any proposed mission or event, I will want to random generate a level of difficulty or success. For example, if a character wants to try and perform some sort of crazy action, like solo clearing a building or sneaking up and assassinating 127312382372193 zombies, then they'll have to random generate a number between 1-20, 20 being a crazy awesome success, 1 being a total failure. I just thought it would add an element of mystery to things. If this sounds too complicated or uninteresting, let me know. I'd be happy to ditch the idea.
ohhh i love that!

I'm just waiting for Songbird500 Songbird500 to post a reply to adam before I write a big time skip. That should bring most of the groups together who are still active, and other people can join in as is reasonable.

Perfect. So, in the coming post, I'm going to do the time skip. I'll also be using the RDG (Random Danger Generator) once or twice, just to show how it's used. Basically, for the coming post, it will be used to show how successful the party is in doing some of the things I want to more or less gloss over so that the party can meet up and get bigger. If anyone has any questions for using the RDG, let me know. Post should be up by the end of the day that allows any and all groups that so wish to join in.

Also, just to give an example of how I expect you guys to use the RDG, let's say my character wants to try and patch up a gunshot wound on someone. Now, if it's in good conditions, we're protected, and I have good supplies, those all are +1's to the action. But if I'm in the middle of a firefight and all I have is a moldy t shirt, well, then this might not work so well. I just use a random number generator, take the number given, and add any relevant bonuses before seeing the results. I do it on a 1-20 scale. 20 is a masterful success, 1 is a terrible failure. I hope to better flush this out as we go along, but note, the RDG is only for big things. So if you try to clear a building, better be using a RDG. But if you are making your character some toast, well, you can assume they know what they are doing.

That moment where you want to highlight the RDG system and you get an 18 and a 20. Lol. Fantastic luck off the bat though.

That moment where you want to highlight the RDG system and you get an 18 and a 20. Lol. Fantastic luck off the bat though.

I like the idea of the RDG system. I get the feeling that since its only gonna be used for major tasks (and considering the pace that the story's been going at so far) it might not come up as much for a while. It would be kind of interesting to add in the element of chance.

Just so I'm getting this straight, is it basically like D&D, where you have to roll to see if you succeed or fail? And will there be room for maneuvering / manipulating the roll as to better fit the character? (Not to outright turn a success into a failure, but like if a character is an experienced gunman will lots of training and they roll a one, how could that be worked with?)

Edit: Are you going to be the only one allowed to roll?

Last edited:
I like the idea of the RDG system. I get the feeling that since its only gonna be used for major tasks (and considering the pace that the story's been going at so far) it might not come up as much for a while. It would be kind of interesting to add in the element of chance.

Just so I'm getting this straight, is it basically like D&D, where you have to roll to see if you succeed or fail? And will there be room for maneuvering / manipulating the roll as to better fit the character? (Not to outright turn a success into a failure, but like if a character is an experienced gunman will lots of training and they roll a one, how could that be worked with?)

Edit: Are you going to be the only one allowed to roll?

So basically, I want you to take into account your character's skills in the roll. For example, if my character tries to do something like, say, jerry a car with no experience, then maybe the worst that happens on a 1 is that he sets off the car alarm, alerting the infected. However, if Adam had some sort of history or past experience doing something similar, a 1 might be something like the car having a busted battery, so nothing happens.

In your case, if non experienced gunman tries to hit a shot and rolls a 1, perhaps they just miss or the gun jams. If an unexperienced person has a problem though, it would be more like the gun goes off as they are aiming, hitting the floor/ceiling/bystandar, or maybe even the gun explodes.

And I would like everyone to do rolls. Assess the situation. If it's big enough, then I'd expect a roll for it. If it's just day to day life or there is enough people to make any complications minimal, then no need to roll and auto assume you succeed.

So basically, I want you to take into account your character's skills in the roll. For example, if my character tries to do something like, say, jerry a car with no experience, then maybe the worst that happens on a 1 is that he sets off the car alarm, alerting the infected. However, if Adam had some sort of history or past experience doing something similar, a 1 might be something like the car having a busted battery, so nothing happens.

In your case, if non experienced gunman tries to hit a shot and rolls a 1, perhaps they just miss or the gun jams. If an unexperienced person has a problem though, it would be more like the gun goes off as they are aiming, hitting the floor/ceiling/bystandar, or maybe even the gun explodes.

And I would like everyone to do rolls. Assess the situation. If it's big enough, then I'd expect a roll for it. If it's just day to day life or there is enough people to make any complications minimal, then no need to roll and auto assume you succeed.

Thanks! :D

Lol.

In other news, I plan to merge the parties with my post sometime today. Or at least to create an opportunity for that to happen.

LetsGoGuy LetsGoGuy I'm still waiting on a confirmation-of-aliveness from Reecie, though if you want to proclaim her AFK (which she has actually been for a week now) and just continue w/out her I guess we can do that. It would make me sad tho :( She was nice, I hope everything is aight for her irl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back