• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Ulyee

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey there, thanks for stopping by hope you’re doing well,
I’m Ulyee nice to meet you,

Given I'm always looking for roleplayers, and always throwing new ideas out into the rpnation ether, I decided to condense it all down into one thread.
I’ve got information about me, my style, and my wants here at the top, and the ever growing list of pairings and ideas at the bottom.
Take a look, let me know what catches your eye, and lets talk about it.​

General bits about me,
I wear funny hats and say ‘hun’ too often,

I’m sat at the ripe baby age of twenty-four, I'm from the West, I wear cowboy hats, and talk in the deep version of the funny accent (He/They). And my life is and will remain pretty hectic. Time zones will change monthly (CST currently) and wifi and I won’t always be on speaking terms. But despite that, I tend to reply daily, and often multiple times a day at that. Writing is always a comfort for me, and writing with friends is a passion of mine, so I try to make time for it.
My interests, aside from the two or three part time professions that I'm juggling, range from the subdued to the strange. With history studies, reading, video games, and 3D animation being the subdued. while dirtbike marathoning, book binding, and gun testing forms the strange. I also hold a culinary degree, so pair an apron to the cowboy hat for an instant odd fantasy.

Who I’m Looking For In a Writing Partner,
It's probably you,

I’m really just looking for a role-player that shares and builds on my excitement for writing. The obvious ‘decent grammar, respect for sensitive subjects’ and the like apply of course. And I don’t want to roleplay with minors. What I want is us to be excited about the stuff we are writing, and explore what we find interesting. That means planning out the rp ahead of time in ooc, making and telling inside jokes about our characters long after those jokes stopped being funny, and us having the maturity to know when we are finished/bored with a story, while also having that infectious excitement to start up another one. In short: I want someone to create stories that we ourselves will geek out over.

My writing style,
It's all over the place,

Novella, in a word. But in an overly descriptive paragraph: I tend to write long form, detailed replies that focus on character drama and/world building. I often switch between, 'Tense character introspectives with flowery words and explorative themes', and 'Dryer/cynical Greek play, with ironic themes and a mocking narration'. Though one of my biggest loves, when it comes to story building with another person, is the backdrop itself. I love world/state building, and enjoy political themes just as much as my sappy dramas. History, with that half baked classics degree, is also a favorite theming device for me. I love just dipping into a historic theme and exploring those worlds through those eyes. In summary - I write too much, and talk about writing too much. But I think that's a given for a person on a site like this.

What I’m Looking for in a Story,
Pretty much everything,

I touched on it a fair bit in the portion about my writing style, but I generally look for a lot of things with my stories. Which means I tend to write in a lot of different genres, covering different themes, with wildly different characters. I’m happy with just two main characters in a very slice of life character driven drama, or a massive cast of characters in a massive world driven procedural. Generally, I just want to be excited along side my partner and explore different forms of writing and stories. Which means dark/adult themes, politics, romance, bog standard angst and strangely specific tropes are all on the menu.
That being said, I tend to stray away from fandoms, focus on Original Characters, only play characters above 18, and overall tend to lean towards more complex stories/characters.

And finally, the actual scenes/settings/pairings/ideas,
Don't worry, this is where the endless reading REALLY begins,

First, A random list of rapid fire pairings, because no partner search is complete without them

The * marks recently added pairings

 Fantasy
* Knight - local healer
* Holy crusader - demon
* Queen/Baroness - Foreign Advisor
Cult practitioner- their underpowered first summon
Hermit Witch - court wizard
Upstart merchant - grizzled knight
Desert fighter - young noble
Dress maker - Noble
Cleric - non believing bar owner

*Horror
*Soldier - Ungodly Horror
* Deep Space Explorer - Mind Altering Alien
* Hunter - Thing they thought was a game animal

Modern
* Captain/Navigator - Dock Worker
* Explorer - Noble Patron
* Librarian- Historian
Victorian vampire - lost soldier
Scientist - first alien contact
1930's speakeasy owner - local P.I.
Inhabiting ghost - farmhand

Sci-fi
*Rogue trader - planetary noble
*Roving pirate - the officer who finally caught them
*Planetary scholar - deep space engineer
Pirate captain - captured mechanic
Alien ambassador - earth local
non'humanoid first contact - deep space explorer
Station mechanic - ship captain
Deep space librarian - Alien student

Historical
Roman senator - advisor
Legionary - captured soldier
Napoleonic officer - American observer
Greek advisor - Roman officer​

Now, onto the slightly more formed ideas

These will be lumped into general themes, but keep in mind they, like me in general, are all over the place in tone. And that they’re meant to be the seed for the rp, with the strange looking fruit coming after we discuss and brainstorm about it together.

Here we have a fairly wide spanning genre, with all sorts of offerings therein. I tend to focus towards low fantasy, with subdued magic and more grounded ‘gritty’ themes. That said, I love a solid high fantasy, deep intrigue, wild magic sort of setting with the right partner.

In a harsh medieval war, a lowborn soldier is rashly promoted to the top. Now a knight, they have to somehow operate within a strange new set of rules. The war master, a noble highborn, is set on tutoring the newly landed knight- but whether it's to help or hurt their chances of succeeding, in such a strange new social strata, is anyone’s guess.

A hundred years of peace seems like such a virtuous badge to have. For the famed ‘Kingdom of Roses’ it might appear to be. Loved by nearly all its neighbors for its beautiful and well read nobility, it is regarded as the highest place in the land. However, peace was achieved by any means necessary. And its people lay crushed under the noble’s yoke more so than anywhere else. And too, even the children of the king felt such a weight. As their sole duty in life was to uphold that peace, through expert socializing and eventual marriage between the various houses of the land. But one such child, the second in line for the throne, had grown in stark contrast to the Rose Heaven before them. They saw the rose for what it was, a beautiful trap of thorns. But it wasn’t until they met another, a lowborn in such a similar disposition, a knight of little to no valor, that they believed there was something else to this place. Another future for the kingdom. But the pair will have to work, feverishly, to scheme their perfect world to life.

In the renaissance more than a few inventions set change upon the world, but even more than technology, stories set the stage. Stories of new lands and the promises there within. Exploration and innovation- and those that drive such things. One such person, an inventor that has just recently made a name for themself, has garnered a loan from a local king, to set out into the world of the unknown, searching for dozens of different secrets and stories. But, aside from assurances of returning with things and knowledge of value, the king demands one of his children accompany the inventor, to cement his family’s name in history. Thus giving his child not only a spot, but a say, in all things on the journey. An unlikely pair, the two must head one of the most ambitious journeys into the unknown. And somehow return intact.

In the times of far flung exploration, a new world to the far west of Europe was found, “The Land of Giant” So dubbed by the few surviving parties to return. So dubbed for the massive flora, mountains, and weather. All of which are told to be some of the strangest and most extreme the world has ever faced.
Expeditions are formed, lucrative contracts of all types are dulled out by Queen and noblemen alike. All in search of this new place and the secrets it holds. The types of people and missions such expeditions entail are as strange and varied as the lands the plan to explore. And few of such expeditions return…

Secluded away from the wider kingdom by a sprawling, tangled mess of a forest, the people of a hamlet are left without option, or reason. The lands around it grow at a rate beyond any can manage, with each new burst of growth followed by horrors of all kinds to inhabit it. It’s only slowed in the spring by an unsavory practice, one which haunts the people there as much as the horrors set upon them by the forest itself. People and their possessions are offered up and sent into the heart of the lands, and in return the land subsides enough to allow them to live. The king demanded they stay put, and continue the lucrative mining and logging in the area, not caring for their plight or heading their stories. The people, with dwindling numbers and no decree to leave their homes by the king, are left to either die or send one of their own ever dwindling numbers into it.

Two knights from rival houses, with rival cultures and opposing dispositions meet on the battlefield. Only to have their long awaited duel cut short by a demonic incursion. Now, without lieges or lords to direct them, they have to fight their way back to civilization- or further to safety in some distant lands. Regardless of what they might do or not, they become known as the ‘Heralds of Fire’, always preceding the wave of demons that bound them together.

Despite the low amount of offerings, SciFi is probably my favorite genre- perhaps tied with horror. Be ready for this thread to be updated randomly at 3am with a dozen more starlit settings.
I love metric-tons of intrigue and exploration with my SciFi, but just the same really enjoy simpler comfort ‘idiots floating around in a rustbucket’ settings.
After months of negotiations and treaty dealings, a diplomat is on their way from the far flung reaches of the universe back to their home world. The tired dignitary, along with a representative from the other world, are on their way back to finalize negotiations, when an ion storm disrupts their craft, and forces it to land on a nearby uninhabited planet.

With people flying to distant stars, so too do their things. And such things are always up for grabs, if your ship is fast enough, or your will strong enough. Entire systems begin to spring up around pirating goods, bargaining captives, and shipping ellisite goods. But to the average space farer, such places are rumor and nothing more. But in those distant systems, unlikely travelers sometimes do appear. So when, in such a system, a traveler appears and offers a ship’s worth of credits for a tour, one could imagine the local’s reaction. ‘Cash upfront, and services not guaranteed!’

Not long after man left their homeland of Earth did they build new worlds to make it back again. Such stations and planetary colonies were havens of social and cultural innovation back in the day. But now, they persist as nearly abandoned and barely functioning messes. Most persist as refining colonies, space docks, and refueling points. But one, ‘Terra Tetria’ was a planetary colony, and a standout from the rest of humanities dotted, quiet works in deep space. Dubbed ‘The City of Rain’ It serves as a scientific, economic, and cultural watering hole for the surrounding stations. Crime and corruption, as with most things outside of earth’s eye, ran rampant, and the city grew into a sprawling megaplex. Now it stands as a power unto itself, with everyone from scientists to political exiles inhabiting the city. But when crime began to skyrocket, particularly after a raid from some unknown organization within the city, all the powers-at-be put their ambitions aside, and formed a localized militia force. This new force, composed of volunteers, company agents, city patriots and forced conscripts, is now tasked with curtailing the endless crime in the city of rain, by any means necessary.

Horror- From goofy to graphic, I love all its shades and shapes. Horror is probably the genre I’ve messed around in the most. It's where some of my favorite and, in my early days of roleplaying, cringiest roleplays have spawned from. Though I’ll say I’m generally more interested in darker, grounded, and character driven horrors. Blood and guts are always a plus, but the deeper, semi-traumatic horror is probably my favorite.
Winter in the most remote places in the world is nothing short of shit. A remote weather and research station in Greenland carried a handful of onsite, disgruntled grinches. Being away from family, food, and resupply trucks doesn’t bode well for merriment. Even less helpful was the snow that covered the place, keeping them locked in for the whole of winter. But cheer still tried to shine through, in the form of a few particularly happy workers and comforting presents from the head of staff. But they were in for a long, dark, winter. And happiness has a shorter half life on ice.

Through the bloodshed of the Reformation, another evil was born and spread over the world. The earth opened up 'Terran Scars' forming all over the world, and from the openings came the 'Wings'. Large humanoid creatures, aptly flying, and sparking a number of wars with the lands a once human earth. New empires slowly began to form- either from their own making, or as federations against them. Alliances between human and Winged nations did occur, but they were often short lived and one sided. Soon the world was engulfed in a single struggle, known simply as The Winged Age.

As ages passed and demons turned from reality, to religious, to legend, the art of summoning and capturing demons became all but lost. But a culinary student in the modern day would change history. It was after a delve into some old dusty library that they found a 'demonic cook book'. They thought it was a joke, and continued to do so until their first creation spawned a tiny demonic incursion!

A lowly witch, scorned by family and society alike, finally pieces the last bit of the ritual together. And in a mad ceremony finally summons their first demonic entity. She plans there-in to wield it to whatever end she might. But the demon itself has its own plans. The pair then, fighting for control over one another, set out into the world to wreak their havoc.

A monster hunter finds evidence that the very first monster they killed is back out in the world. Now, armed with far more knowledge and skills, they track them down, intent to kill them again. Only to be tricked and turned into the very beast they meant to destroy…Now they have to navigate a terribly new world, and rely on the thing that put them there.

A medieval night's sky would be painted by a single long strand of light, ending its path on a hill. Striking the ground near a lone farmer's house, and unveiling a creature of mythical proportions. Unknown to the farmer, the moment they laid eyes on the creature, they were bound in a horrific spell, changing the pair and forming one another in the other’s image.

It's a hard enough time being dead during the rest of the year, but when the holidays come around it's that much more of a sting. So, warding off boredom and loneliness, they set upon a tiny town to haunt. Wanting to spread their ‘cheer’ with those who seemed so unfairly happy. But when they found a lone, living soul that seemed immune to their attempts to ruin their holiday cheer, they were left stumped. Even more so lost when the person seemed to be slowly growing the ability to see, hear, and smile with intent at the ghost.

Two people wake up in the middle of a strange house, with letters aside each of them.. They’ve no clue who each other are, and no idea how to read the strange letters they’ve been given. As they try to figure it all out, they open a curtain to find an odd, horrific, and strangely beautiful world before them… They have to figure out how to survive and navigate the odd place, if they ever want to get out of it.

This Thread is still a work in progress, check the bumps for new settings/pairings

Last edited:
Bump! Added some pairings and fixed some formatting  again

Biggg bump- dusting the cobwebs off this partner search. I'll add some new things on the next bump

Bump, changed the time zone and some of the settings

More free time means I can take on more RP's- hope we can make some wonderful stories

bumping one more time to give those who sleep responsibly a chance to see it

Hello! Scrolling through I found I was very intrigued in the horror: hunter/ thing they thought was a game animal. I love horror of all kinds but especially tropes of "That ain't no deer Billy" type realizations 😂 I'm in the time of zone that is called ✨PST✨
My schedule just as yours bounces around, I have kids, I'll be in school come fall quarter but all in all being here making stories has been the best time for me. But I may black out from time to time when I need to step away to cook/do normal parental duties. I may also be gone for days at a time but I'm very good at communicating and would say something beforehand. I'm currently in a bad place with my Internet and they have left me on read until Friday 😅 until then I'm using my phone to do most of my responding but when we are back on good terms Im pretty good at at least 2 paragraph minimum responses.
If you would like to slide into my DMs to discuss anything please I'll be here all night (or until my body decides hey maybe I should be sleeping)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back