• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rebirth of Civilization

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Redfork2000

The Red One
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
History:

About a thousand years ago, this land used to be a magical and colorful land with fairies, dragons and all kinds of mystical creatures. It was medieval age, and the land was a lot like your average medieval fantasy kingdom. Mages would study magic and learn to use its abilities to achieve all kind of things, from healing the ill to taming dragons. Kings would rule the lands. Some were good, some weren't as good.

A few centuries later, around the late 1800's and early 1900's, this magical land entered an technologic revolution era, much like our world. With the advancement of science, magic was no longer the only solution to humanity's problems. Science and technology offered a new way of solving problems, and as the years went by, there were many differences between people. Some warned that technology would end up taking over the world someday, would destroy nature, and believed that magic should be the main source of solutions for humanity. However, others differed, explaining how this new era of science and technology would benefit human kind in a way magic never did. They argued that the power of machines would make human life much more simple, and soon, mages would become obsolete. Then were others who had a neutral point of view, and didn't really care which was better than the other.

Technology continued to progress until the end of the twenty-first century. It was then that humanity was facing a problem that neither magic nor technology knew how to solve. War had always been a part of human history, but it was now that humanity realized that no amount of magic or technology was able to prevent wars from happening. In fact, both of them only caused wars to become even more destructive. At the ending of the twenty-first century, a terrible war happened world-wide. The conflict ended in a nuclear war that devastated the entire planet, destroying civilization as we know it, extinguishing many species from the planet, and overall, leaving the planet in ruins. Out of the entire population, only about 5% of them survived this disaster, some thanks to magic, and others thanks to technology.

Now it's 2215. It's been over a century since the conflict, and the planet is still in ruins. The consequences of the war have brought the world into a new Dark Age. Civilization is slowly starting to grow again from the ashes of what was left behind from the war, but it's a slow process. However, things are starting to look promising. Those who favored magic and those who favored technology have now decided to join forces to help the world recover. Just when everything is starting to look better for the world, someone has to show up to mess things up.

The general anarchy the world fell into after the events of the war has lasted some time. Different governments has rised into power and been overthrown. However, someone took advantage of the anarchy to proclaim himself as a global dictator. A militaristic roboticist has rised up to power, and together with his wife, they have taken control over whatever has been able to bloom after the war. This dictator doesn't care if the world will recover or not. He's ruling the world with an iron fist, and using his power to keep the entire population from growing strong enough to face him. He would rather not have civilization recover if it means having absolute power.

Now, you may be asking yourself, what does any of this have to do with you? Well, my friend, you will roleplay a part of the few people that have decided to form a resistance team who plan to overthrow this dictator. You will join several other brave souls who have decided to rebel against this dictator who is currently preventing the world from ever recovering. It won't be an easy mission, though. This dictator controls a force to be reckoned with. Are you ready to fight to save the world, and help the rebirth of civilization?

So are you all ready to begin your adventure?

- Cutscene -

It's a regular day in the city. Robot guards roaming around, people trying to rebuild the large cities that once stood in what now are mostly ruins of an old civilization. The toxic smoke coming out of the robot factories has polluted the air, the sky is now red and gray. Our journey begins in a small, abandoned building near the outskirts of the city. Here, our heroes have come together to form a resistance against the dictator, and make plans to defeat him and bring a new government that will help promote the rebirth of civilization.

"Well, here we are." Charlies says, looking at the resistance. "The day has finally come for us to step up and fight to free the world from opression."

"Oh, I can't wait to show that Dr. Stahl a lesson!" Ralph says, waving his axe up in the air.

"Calm down now." Charlie tells him. "We can't just run up to him like that."

"We must be careful." Susan explains. "Not only does he live far away, but he also has an army of robots, so we must be careful."

Last edited:
"Robots?" Shizuka seemed confused. "Even they have limits - just like ours."

"Yup... yup..." Yume said, yawning. "Sorry, it's just... the entirety of this conflict is just putting me to sleep..."

"I can't blame you, but someone's gotta deal with all this mess." Scarlet sharply said. "In the end, I suppose most people we know are weak and afraid to do it."

"Who are you calling weak...? Why do you think we're here...?" Yume asked, potentially offended and perplexed.

"Most people, sleepyhead." Scarlet said in response.

"Sleep is a necessity to most organic lifeforms." Unit 808 barges in. "We RUR units do not need sleep, so long as we have a steady supply of energy."

"Yes, but when your power source is gone, what will keep you sustained then?" Shizuka asked while Yume, startled by U808's input, just pouted a little bit.

"Anyway..." Charlie continues. "This is why we're all here today. We've plotted out a possible route by which we could reach Dr. Stahl's base. It's fraught with danger though, so it's by no means an easy mission."

"Oh yeah?" Ralph exclaims. "No amount of danger is going to stop this team!"

"Still, I believe it would be best to train first." Charlie explains. "Since we will undoubtedly have to face powerful enemies on the way, we should first train, so that we all become skilled fighters."

"And how do you suppose we're going to do that 'without' harming ourselves in the process, boy?" Scarlet asked. "I get your aim and motive for us to start, but it's-"

"It's impossible." Yume said. "We'll just have to practice, sustain the injuries, and walk them off."

"Well, I do have a healing spell." Susan explains. "I can easily heal all of us after the battle."

"Good." Charlie says. "So if you're all ready, how about some training before be begin our journey?"

"I suppose..." Scarlet says, rolling her eyes a bit.

"Let's waste no time, then." Shizuka said. "We've got a long road ahead of us at this rate. It's best we don't be late to the party."

"My energy supply is at maximum and my Plasma weapon is ready." Unit 808 said, preparing his plasma weapon. "As the Humans would put this, 'Let's do this'."

Xavier smirks as he nods agreeing with the others and spawning his wolf "Let the journey begin!" He said finally talking instead of just standing there like a idiot

"Very well." Charlie says. "Let's start the training round. Make teams everyone!"

Soon, the people in the room had split into two teams.

"Ok!" Ralph exclaims. "So it's Charlie, Susan and I against you guys! Time to rock!"

- Battle -

Enemies: Charlie, Susan and Ralph

Name: Charlie
Class: Techno
Health: 50 (Medium)
Defense: 5 (Medium)
Abilities:
-Plasma Bolt: Deal 12 damage to an enemy.
-Electric Forcefield: An ally gets +2 defense for three turns.
-Piercing Laser: Deals 8 damage to an enemy. This attack ignores enemy's defense.
Super Ability:
-Smart Combat: All allies get +5 defense for this turn, and all enemies have 0 defense this turn.
Passive Ability:
-All Techno Allies have +1 defense.
Bonus:
-Deals 2 more damage against Magica enemies

Name: Susan
Class: Magica
Health: 40 (Medium)
Defense: 2 (Low)
Abilities:
-Northern Winds: Deals 6 damage to an enemy. If that enemy has low or medium defense, freeze them for one turn.
-Curative Spell: Heals an ally by 8.
-Lightning Summoning: Deal 10 damage to an enemy.
Super Ability:
-Moonlight Glimmer: Deal 8 damage to each enemy, and heal each ally by 8.
Passive Ability:
-All allies are healed by 2 at the beginning of each turn.
Bonus:
-Deals 4 more damage against Natura enemies.

Name: Ralph
Class: Natura
Health: 60 (High)
Defense: 3 (Medium)
Abilities:
-Axe Swing: Deal 12 damage to an enemy
-Club Smash: Deal 6 damage to an enemy. That enemy will do -3 damage on their next attack.
-War Yell: An ally will do +3 more damage on their next attack.
Super Ability:
-Call of War: All allies will do +5 more damage on their next attack.
Passive Ability:
-All Natura allies do +2 damage when attacking.
Bonus:
-Attacks from other Natura enemies do -2 damage to him.

Select your character for this battle!

Name: Unit 808
Health: 45 (medium)
Defense: 6 (high)
Abilities:
-Master Blaster: Does 15 damage to an enemy.
-Forcefield: Can create a shield for an ally that adds +3 their defense for one turn.
-Electric Charge: Does 5 damage and effects the enemy with "Charged", which does 3 damage for two turns.
Super Ability:
-Genetic Overdrive: Adds +3 to defense and doubles Electric Charge damage for three turns before skipping a turn.
Passive Ability:
-Primate Detected: All allies attacks increased by 2 against Natura enemies.
Bonus:
-This character does twice the damage against Natura enemies.

(Sorry I didn't get the message earlier! my notifications are off 😭)
Name: Xavier Evergreen (Known As: Sparrow)
Health: 60 (Hi)
Defense: 5 (Med)
Abilities: Gotcha: Sends out a serious of wires electrocuting the opponent for 4 damage
Team Sport: Teams up with companion sends out electron sparks while companion melee attacks dealing a total of 7 damage
Turret: Hands shoot out electric bullets stunning the opponent for 1 turn dealing 12 damage
Super Ability: ShellShocked: Power surges throw their body producing a electricity wave dealing up to 17 damage
Passive Abilites: Howler: Spawns a Wolf companion in (and out) of battle
Bonus: Does +3 damage to Magica

Name: Yume Satono
Class: Natura
Health: 52 (high)
Defense: 6 (high)
Abilities:
-Nightmare: Deals 4 damage to an enemy. If the attacker is asleep, deal another 4 damage to them beyond that.
-Lullaby: Heal all allies by 4 health. This character is then inflicted with sleep.
-Induced Drowsiness: Target an enemy. If they have high defence or health, they are inflicted with sleep and lose half of their defence for this turn.
Super Ability:
-Absorbing Slumber: Inflict all enemies with sleep.
Passive Ability:
-This character can attack while asleep. Each time this character is inflicted with sleep, the duration is doubled (from 2 to 4).
Bonus:
-All non-Natura enemies take another 4 damage when attacked by this character.

He looks at Yume "you should go first with your abilities it will be a great start to the battle" he says whispering to her making sure the other team couldn't hear him, but stayed on alert in case they attacked

"Mmm... I could give it a go..." Yume said. "I think I know what I could do first..."

He looks at the opposing team....he was silently hoping what he would do wasn't too obvious

Yume yawned a bit, preparing herself for battle.

Shizuka and Scarlet sat on the sidelines, hoping to learn from watching.

//Oops. How come I didn't get notifications when you guys posted? Anway...

"Let's begin now, shall we?" Charlie says. "Watch carefully."

Charlie uses "Plasma Bolt" on Xavier!

12 damage - 5 defense = 7 damage.

60 - 7 = 53.

"I believe it's my turn." Susan says.

Susan uses "Lightning Summoning" on Yume!

10 damage - 6 defense + 4 bonus = 8 damage

52 - 8 = 44.

"Oh yeah!" Ralph yells. "Time to smash!"

Ralph uses "Axe Swing" on Unit 808!

12 damage - 6 defense = 6 damage

45 - 6 = 39.

"It's your turn." Susan says to the other team.

"Give it your best shot!" Ralph says.

Current Status:

Unit 808: 39/45 (Defense: 6)
Xavier: 53/60 (Defense: 5)
Yume: 44/52 (Defense 6)

VS

Charlie: 50/50 (Defense: 5)
Susan: 40/40 (Defense: 2)
Ralph: 60/60 (Defense: 3)

Yume shakes her head a bit. "I suppose I'm up next...?" She asked, but shrugged. "...I'll go."

Induced Drowsiness on Ralph. Thanks to his high health, he is the only target applicable for this.

As such, Ralph is now put to sleep.

"Damage sustained." Unit 808 said, preparing to retaliate. "Reciprocating attack on target: Ralph."

Unit 808 uses Master Blaster on Ralph!
15 - 1 = 14
14 x 2 (bonus) = 28
60 - 28 = 32

"Attack successfully reciprocated." Unit 808 said.

Yume uses Induced Drowsiness on Ralph! Ralph is inflicted with sleep and loses half of his defense for this turn!

Current Status:

Unit 808: 39/45 (Defense: 6)
Xavier: 53/60 (Defense: 5)
Yume: 44/52 (Defense 6)

VS

Charlie: 50/50 (Defense: 5)
Susan: 40/40 (Defense: 2)
Ralph: 32/60 (Defense: 1) (Sleep: 2 turns)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back