• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings 𝗿𝗲𝗯𝗲𝗹 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗸𝗶𝗰𝗸𝘀 : ̗̀➛ 1 x 1 search for long-term partners

Zepherine

Zep
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Hello! I’m Zep (22, She/Her) and I’m looking for some long term co-writers create to unique and meaningful stories with. I’ve been RPing since 2016 so I’m fairly experienced in the process. I welcome all new and old writers alike. Please send a message if interested!

• 121abf30f4166462e4228a7df5932ea3e0a78c39.gif

bf25cdfd6a2ffbb4e8d48ec6a9d62ea093ee548d.gif

ab162e4aaa93a1c74e3621ceed982b92b1efc93a.gif

16dd1efb7a1f8cc877501d905c3f604f677df172.gif

✎ I’m a descriptive writer who replies in third person, past tense. But I’m gonna put my money where my mouth is and leave you a sample here.

Context: The setting is in a Victorian era sewer. My partner’s character, Garreth, is a skilled bounty hunter. My character, Inez, is a rookie. We’re chasing a rat that ate something valuable while a plague-like illness spreads across the fictional city of Wilford.

Like the mechanical ticks of a clock, the dripping water reminded Inez that time was of the essence. Garreth blocked off the east entrance to the sewers as she ran west. They were hot on the vermin’s tail quite literally. On her last shot, the bullet barely grazed its upper fur before it turned away from Garreth and ran the opposite direction. His scream of frustration equally matched the worn expression on his face. For a moment, she tapped his back in a gesture of consolation. “It’s okay, Gare..reth.” Her own breathing too ragged to utter more than a few syllables at a time. “We’ll get him.. soon.”

Her vision fogged. The condensation from her googles took a few moments to dissipate, but she continued to move blindly. She felt the resistance of the sludge when her boots sloshed from a frantic pace. She must be getting closer to the main line. Without a shadow of a doubt, this rat had to have been the single most annoying pest that they’ve dealt with. It didn’t help that this was the day Atlas’ package came into their hands. Their employers diamond encrusted, gold pocket watch was worth more than a decade’s wages. Nevermind the fact that it was a prized heirloom passed on his former great, great, great grandfather. That man capitalized on the industrialization of production and never looked back.

“I almost gotcha, you stinky little rat!” She narrowed the gap between them and peered through the scope. It was a blur of glossy obsidian that trailed pellets like dress with a long train. With a held breath, she steadied her hand. She swore she felt her heart skip a beat before it slowed down.

3, 2, 1.

Trigger’s released. She heard the bullet sail through the air for a second before it exploded unto the upper mid-back of the giant rodent, paralyzing it. “Bull’s eye!”

Once she heard the echo of the water splash from the fallen body, she slowed her pace. No need to waste any more energy chasing this crazy thing. She didn’t know how far back Garreth had been standing, but she’d hoped that he could find comfort that it was finally over. Small victories bolstered her confidence that they could anything and perhaps hunt even greater bounties get by the Guild. Despite the fact that the next part was one that she dreaded the most, a tiny smile crept along her lips under the bandana tied to the lower half of her face.

The closer she’d been, the stronger the scent whiffed through her nostrils. Inez was not incredibly sensitive to such dirty work, but boy was she looking forward to getting out of here. Wilford’s sewers were about as unkempt as they could get - at least, it’s what this disease had subjected them to. The illness came from nowhere as it discombobulated even the brightest of minds. And it was just getting started. Without a cure, people became more reclusive, suspicious that the other might be a carrier of such a viral strain. Perhaps she should be grateful, it made it easier for hunters like them to move about the city. Yet, she felt haunted by the images of the corpses on paper, the journalists words apt enough to leave nightmares when she slept.

Her headlight shone enough to reveal where her target’s back was blasted through. A deeper scarlet with a visible ring of black from the gunpowder stood out against soggy fur. She felt guilty for shooting at the thing, but they were left with no choice as the rat swallowed that pocket watch. How else were they going to get it out without cutting a hole through the vermin’s stomach? She had already little experience with stubby, domesticated creatures save for the scruffy alley cats and stray dogs that wandered at night. How to even induce vomiting from such a rodent seemed impossible. Although she had to get accustomed to committing such violent acts, she told herself that she would try to do it as painless as possible.

Drip! Drip! Drip!

From its tail to the point of it’s nose, it wreaked of the foulest, ever most detestable stench she could ever describe. It was like a cross between rotten eggs, a skunk’s spray, and the fecal matter of a lion’s den that devoured the long-dead carcass of their prey. The hunter was certain that if she’d held it any closer, she would’ve passed out then and there. Never had she appreciated the fabric that covered her nose more than she now. She began to wonder how many showers it would take to remove the scent from her skin. She reckoned five might not be enough. She might just have to douse herself in perfume or walked through a field of lavenders one hundred thousand times. Oh the things she did to survive… She really loved her job sometimes.

With a click of her heels, Inez turned around to walk back towards her fellow hunter. She caught up with Garreth. Despite neither of them wanting to dissect the thing, she held the prize, lowering it to her side as she knew its odour would possibly repel him as well. “Coin toss to whomever will cut it open?” She shrugged, a playful tone laced her suggestion. “The winner gets to keep the rat’s… fur?” Her voiced sounded uncertain. Who’d want to keep this ratty old thing as a trophy? Maybe Garreth? Maybe not? But one thing’s for sure, she wasn’t going to lug it around further than what they need it for.

“So how about it partner? Lead us back?” A familiar comfort surrounded her with the knowledge that Garreth knew the city like the palm of his hand. They wouldn’t have made it as far as they did if he wasn’t aware of the sewer’s entrance. She often wondered how many times he had to go through a place to memorize its layout. Perhaps, once or twice. Truly, it was talent that proved its usefulness over and over again. One day, she hoped to pick his brains about it. How did he get so good? How long has he been in Wilford? They’ve only known each other for a few weeks, but he’s taught so much about tracking already. She figured he must have been doing this for a long time.

A little grumble escaped from her stomach reminding her that she hadn’t eaten since last night’s supper. “Know any good places to eat? I could devour a whole chicken right after we hand this back to Atlas.” She laughed.

✎ I really enjoy plotting and OOC chatter. The latter is not required, but the former is very much so encouraged. I’m really interested in your ideas and opinions. I find that the more engaged I am, the more I’m inspired to write. And it’s just really fun to trade head canons, playlists, and memes to stir up those creative juices!

✎ I’m patient and ask partners for the same courtesy. Real life > Forums. I do have bouts of anxiety and a busy schedule from time to time that make it harder for me to reply fast, but I can communicate those times when I need a little longer to write. Likewise, please take your time. I’m of the philosophy that RP isn’t meant to be a job. So enjoy the process and respond when you can not when you believe that you should. 🤗💕

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back