• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom reawakening: calamity

It was beautiful, this world. The way the sunlight lit up the plains and illuminated every crevice. It wasn’t long until they wound up in front of the mountain, a split down the middle making the path that led to Kakariko. There was another split like this on the other side. Entryways to her home, to her people.

She was bringing their enemy in; people who were once exactly like them. Men and women who had sworn their lives to Ganon. Men and women who were previously picked to protect the royal family. Yet, this man seemed closer to them than ever. He was different.

Her eyes shifted to his face at his next words, “you must not know Impa too well.” Execution? She doubted it. It was possible the villagers wouldn’t accept him, they might even push for his death. However, that was only if they realized what exactly he was. She doubted it.

Her name sounded pretty when he said it, as strange as it was. The insinuation of something making her roll her eyes, a bright pink blush dusting across her features. “Sure, handsome,” she mused, “anyway, I wouldn’t worry about it too much.” It was a simple statement, one without further question, “you saved me, so I owe you one.”

Saran followed Nessa’s lead, just as he always had, getting off the bed with her hand in his. They ran together in the hallway, shushing each other and giggling as their bare feet pattered against the cool sandstone beneath them. Soon they burst out the door, Nessa’s bubbly laughter now floating into the morning air. The air was still chilly, but had a humid touch thanks to the new sun risen in the sky.

They ran to their little makeshift stable for their two sand seals, a red cloth hanging over the beasts heads as they slept soundly on the soft sand.

Saran laid his hand over Saline, his own cream colored sand seal. He gave her head a little scratch and rubbed her white spiky hair in between his fingers. At this she woke up, opening her two little black dots, in the center of her sandy face, for eyes and staring at Sarans face. He smiled at his sleepy little pet and went to feed her some of her favorite fruit, hydromelons to be specific. She took slow bites of them, waking herself up with each little gobble of the melon.

But as he was tending to a seal, a sudden voice spoke in his head.

“Please, heroes, you must save Hyrule. The hero of time, Link, is gone. Hyrule needs you.”

He was a bit startled by it. He jumped back, was he still dreaming? Heroes? The thought of being one sounded appealing, exciting even, but he figured that it couldn’t possibly be true. He was just a desert peasant. ‘I’ll put this aside for later,’ he thought, ‘not good to be distracted before a ride.’

“Make sure to remember to feed them,” Saran found himself saying. Pulling himself from the shock and setting his mind instead on the anticipation of the adventures of the day. “It’s a long way to the yiga hideout.”

Nessa puffed out her cheeks in annoyance, “I know to feed her! I’m not a baby.” It might seem childish, but she had always been like this. There wasn’t a doubt in her mind that Saran was used to it by now. Getting into her stash of Voltfruit, she brought over a couple to Peppa. Her own sand seal was brown with black speckles all over, she rubbed the seals chin as she introduced the fruit to her. Which, like usual, Peppa ate hastily.

The sand seal let out a little noise, that some might say sounded similar to a deep ‘arf,’ patting it’s snout Nessa gave it a big grin. “Come on, Peppa, we have a long journey ahead of us.” She knew it would be tiring for the sand seals, but they would take extra fruit for when they got there.

Before she boarded her shield, she did just that; prepared a bag of food for both. She made sure to include hydromelon for Saline. She could stash it on the shield, being small enough there was extra room.

Saran traced his finger along the Gerudan map and after he set his makeshift compass, to where he had overheard some soldiers discussing the tribe's hideout, he placed it in his pocket and picked up his own shield.

The two were finally ready to go, and with one nod of confirmation from both of the twins, they took off into the sandy seas of the desert.

The innocent sun barely rose into the sky, peeking its head out from the horizon. It illuminated a brilliant myriad of colors onto the sand pink, orange, blue, and violet. But they all seemed to blend together into a gold hue when shone on the twins' faces. As they rode together, a smooth wind tossed their red hair and a pleasant heat laid upon their skin as the sun had yet to fully rise. Both of them cut through the sand with ease, each little grain that flung into the air and bathed in the same new sunlight.

The scenery of Gerudo had always been beautiful. From the pale sand, to the orange sunlight that shone down on Gerudo Town and the Kara Kara Bazaar, to all of the sights. Nessa loved this place more than she loved herself sometimes.

A mischievous smile graced her features, eyes shimmering. “Saran, you want to have a race? First one to the Yiga clan wins, loser gets to do the winners chores for a week!” It was a broad bet given they both had a lot of chores, but Nessa was rarely down on her luck. Today shouldn’t be any different.

The Gerudo boy chuckled softly. “Sure, if you want to pick up Saline’s seal poop,” he said, then right after that dashed in front of her with Saline. He turned back to her and playfully wrinkled up his nose, taunting her as he knew that’s what always got her excited when it came to things like this.

“Oh, you’re on!” Nessa jeered right back, taking Peppa by the reins and swiftly moving next to him.

It was a race by the sands, The Gerudo sun and heat rising higher in the air as time passed. Nessa was able to make a sharp cut in front of Saran soon after the start on a sand dune. She relished the moment, making sure to turn back to her brother and blow him a raspberry from her lips.

But, while she did this, she failed to recognize the boulder sticking out from the sand in front of her and had to slow down to stop. Because Saran kept an eye out, he was able to see it and cut in front of her when she slowed.

This back and forth cycle continued throughout the race, both Nessa and Saran neck to neck as they tried to claim the victory. Once Nessa even managed to get sand into Sarans eyes with Peppas tail.

“Hey! That's cheating!“

Nessa chuckled. They were almost there and she had taken a bold move to win. Saran tried to cut in front of her with Saline again, but he wasn’t able to. Finally, after the long race, they both made it to the hideout. Nessa Victorious.

“I can’t believe you-“ Saran said even though he very well could believe her, “we didn’t make rules but those were definitely against them.”

“I was just being a good rider and using my resources,”
Nessa responded with a mocking little bow. Saran rolled his eyes yet again and he gave her a light punch to the arm, laughing through his teeth. “Yeah right.”

But after all the joking and fun came the destination, the yiga hideout. Little pieces of fabric dangled off a rope hung above, illustrating the phrase ‘turn back’ with a maroon flare. All color drained from Sarans face, all laughter and joy faded back to fear.

As he looked to Nessa she held her hand out to him.

“Are you ready?”

Saran nodded and the two proceeded to walk through the canyon. The sun was now high risen at mid-day and it cast ominous black shadows across the desert floor from all of the pillars of sandstone piled high. New words from the fabric squares were being illustrated to them as they continued.

'No entry'
'Private property'
'Turn back.'

These three phrases repeated time and time again with each rope that hung above their heads, becoming more numerous the further they went. With distance they also started seeing little rocks with upside down eyes painted onto their face in red. They looked like little people with those eyes, watching Saran and Nessa as they came in, watching upon their every move-even though the statues themselves remained still. The path became narrow as well, the rock walls hiding the outside desert from the eyes of those that walked its path. Saran always enjoyed the openness of the desert. He could see what was coming for miles, and that was able to put his mind at ease. But with this new enclosed space carved out in the earth, an anxiety was planted in him. The new change of scenery made him feel unsafe, and unprepared. He came to dread walking past each piece of fat sandstone rock that stuck from the ground, fearing a Yiga soldier would be hiding behind it.

But there were no ambushes yet. In fact they had made it pretty far in without seeing- let alone having to sneak past or evade a Yiga member. This was the tip of the ice berg for Saran, causing his hands to shake and breath to stiffen the more he thought about it. Sure most of the things they had seen were what Saran expected, and he could more or less keep that fear to himself, but it was the dreaded silence and lack of guards that really made his skin crawl. It provoked thoughts that something was wrong, not right, as if they were expecting their entry.

He was about to say something to his sister along the lines of 'hey uh lets scaddadle out of here i don't like this.', but that was when the narrow path ended. A square doorway stood before them, opening up to a torch-lit room cut into the mountain.

Taller statues towered in perfect formation around them, some sort of cloth binding their eyes with those same bloody red eyes painted on them. The floor transformed from hot desert dirt to icy cobble stone. The soothing desert winds had stopped, the sand rustling beneath their toes was gone, all was completely silent in this cave, and it sent shivers up the. young boy's spine.

"Maybe we should turn back" Saran spoke in a whisper, not daring to look at his sister for fear his mind would change. His hands were still gently shaking, and his body close to Nessa's. The feeling he had from this dimly lit cavern was indescribably terrifying.

Aisha tried her best to smile appreciatively at the offer, hoping it didn’t seem awkward on her conjured face. “I don’t know the first thing about tea, so I might be a bit useless as a taste tester, but I’m willing to try.” The Twilight Realm didn’t have anything close to tea, and Aisha never experimented with the drink, or most drinks, but it might be interesting to get some knowledge of one of them under her belt.

Leaving any further comments aside, Aisha kept half an eye on the girl who approached Saeha, although most of her attention was on the ethereal woman as she froze midway through answering a question, as if half remembering something from long ago, or perhaps far away. Saeha seemed to be doing that a lot, thinking about it.

The young girls second question prompted Aisha’s lip to thin. Swords were not supposed to glow, unless they had quite a bit of magic in them, although perhaps that was the easier answer. Even so, magic swords were not exactly common, so where any of them might have come in contact with one would need further investigation, because getting ahold of an enchanted Hylian weapon give her something new to poke and prod. Shaking that thought off, Aisha kept her attention on the conversation before her, and her surroundings, curious what information might drop into her lap.

Keenan

Approaching the likely entry way to the village, Keenan couldn’t help but be slightly taken aback by Atara’s response. As a child he had heard old tales of Impa’s exploits on the battlefield, her cunning nature and skilled fighting tactics leading to the bloody ends of his brethren, especially in the early years after Ganon’s rebirth. Torture or simply assassination, it didn’t matter, the old thing that was certain was that most Yiga had learned to stay far away from the Shiekah by principle. Same could be said for Sheikah encroaching upon Yiga territory. There was now an unspoken truce between the clans in recent years, the Sheikah having taken a somewhat neutral stance as its chief Impa had become frailer with age. Were they keeping their cards close in anticipation of the Hero returning once more, or simply losing their taste for the battlefield?

Keenan suspected there was some truth to those fables but only just. All he knew for sure was that in her heyday Impa had been a force to be reckoned with. Assuming the years hadn’t had made her soft it was highly likely she would not take kindly to him.

At least that was what his squirming gut felt. He wanted to believe Atara was telling the truth but his cynical nature was telling him otherwise. Who wasn’t to say she herself wasn’t leading him to certain death?

Watching her respond to him with a flirt of her own and a rather cute blush dusting her cheeks, Keenan found himself more confused. A sheikah offering protection to a Yiga as a favor was something one definitely didn’t see everyday.

Regardless he gave her a grateful nod. “It seems I owe you one once again Atara.” He mused.

Moments passed as they finally made their way into the village. It was a surprisingly busy place, vendors on both sides of the road urging passing travelers to buy their wares as the occasional cry of livestock could be heard in the background. Further down the path were a series of familiar looking houses, the only difference being the emblem painted on their decorations. Those buildings paled in comparison to the large structure looming over them in the distance however, a elegantly styled manor at least 3 levels larger than anything around it. Keenan could only assume that was the chief’s residence.

“Quite a lively village you have here.” He stated with a whistle, doing his best to ignore the curious looks of a few passing Sheikah. “It’s a lot different from my dull neck of the woods.”

endersheart endersheart

Grima and Uriah

"Why would you be made to imitate the Master Sword?" She asked curiously though huffed softly as B-206 mentioned that everyone's heard of the Master Sword.

"Well, yeah, but I've only heard of it twice a long time ago. I have no clue what it looks like but I bet it looks pretty like your sword does." She replied. Valen had told her stories about a knight with the Master Sword fighting evil in the form of a man, but that was so long ago the memory was a bit fuzzy in places. She remembers he had told her someone in their family long ago were part of the knights of Hyrule before everything fell apart due to the Calamity.

Part of her felt like that's why their dad was so mean, other than her mother's passing at least. She'd likely never know at this point, and she wouldn't bother with that now.

While Uriah hadn't noticed another pair of eyes looking in their direction, Grima had. It seemed that the sword had gained a bit more attention than he assumed it would right after buying it, though the Hylian woman seemed more interested in Saeha than the sword.

From the current conversation happening between both Saeha and Uriah, perhaps it made sense given what was being implied about the blonde's age.

Interactions: Karcen Karcen , @Jellysquishes

Mentioned: Soulmuse Soulmuse

🗡 Bemere
『 TAGGED 』 Naburius Naburius

She took the rabbit pelt and turned it over, her eyes squinting as she inspected it. Going full business mode meant she muted conversations around her as she did math in her head.

"3 rupees. I will not go any higher." She finally said, giving the pelt back. "I need to be able to make a profit from it, they usually sell for about 5 rupees on a good day." And if she were in the western side of Hyrule. Pelts were good against the cold, often Hylians near Rito Village buy all her pelts.

"You got anything else?" She asks the masked boy, her eyes sparkling. She loved a good deal and couldn't help but show her excitement.

She noticed that Saeha and the others were in conversation with the two Hylians from earlier. She would have to go see what all the hubbabaloo was about when she finished this transaction.

That sword made her curious. She would love to just touch it once due to how magical it looked. Her sense of adventure whirred deep inside her, the excitement from it making her rock on the balls of her feet.

Patience is a virtue, but not one Bemere practiced.
code by @Nano

mood :
Cheerful -> Tense

outfit :
mentions :
Naburius Naburius Soulmuse Soulmuse Takumi98 Takumi98
interactions :
Chatting with Uriah, B, and Grima. Aisha listening in.
The Lost Fairy
;; Saeha
Saeha took little Uriah's questions in stride, following her lead with the whisper and turning her head so her ear was easily accessible to them to whisper toward and taking a moment to answer them thoughtfully. Her fingers tapping against her arm as she let her thoughts wander and letting her heart answer for her instead.

"Fairies can live for a long time, but I don't know if I was around ten thousand years ago." The fairy answered back with no hesitation or attempt to hide what she said, letting her eyes open again to look at the child, and letting her wings become fully visible.

The flickering golden beams of light some had seen forming into three tangible shapes reminiscent of pointed dragonfly wings upon her back. They fluttered in place for a moment before going invisible again, her arms crossing so she could hold her chin.
"Though I also can't deny that I might be that old, you see I can only really remember the past hundred years since I woke up." She explained with a small hum, her hand going to rest on her cheek as she let out a sigh.

"Sometimes I get little hints of something of before then, though they don't normally amount to much. I think the sword was different, how much though I can't really remember." Saeha added before letting her arms rest on her knees as she gave a small, apologetic smile to Uriah. It was out of her hands currently, as the memories weren't available to her at that moment.

"Oh yes, I do know Impa! She was the first person to greet me when I made it to Kakariko Village, though it looked a lot different than it does n-"

That feeling that had been drawing her attention before was in full force the second the spirit showed itself to her.

The change in Saeha's demeanor was instantaneous as she stood up and fell into a ready stance, her palm glowing in standby as she stared in the space that the sword's soul had chosen to be, that may have made others believe she was seeing whatever the younger girl had.

And the cheery woman saw it as a threat.

"You are no Master Sword." The fairy responded, her voice low and just a few steps away from being a true growl before she looked at the sword Uriah had. "I do not know what manner of alignment they are, but this is a spirit of unknown nature. It is best you not hold their physical form any longer."Saeha warned to Uriah, the edge to her voice gone but the firmness still remained as she advised the child to put the sword of unknown origin down.

Her expression more serious as she then cast her gaze to Grima as balled her glowing hand to force the natural reaction of fighting the unknown threat to lessen, to make the light fade. For now the child was safe, though she did not at all trust the eerie being near her. "This sword must be taken immediately to Impa."

coded by reveriee.

Saeha took little Uriah's questions in stride, following her lead with the whisper and turning her head so her ear was easily accessible to them to whisper toward and taking a moment to answer them thoughtfully. Her fingers tapping against her arm as she let her thoughts wander and letting her heart answer for her instead.

"Fairies can live for a long time, but I don't know if I was around ten thousand years ago." The fairy answered back with no hesitation or attempt to hide what she said, letting her eyes open again to look at the child, and letting her wings become fully visible.

The flickering golden beams of light some had seen forming into three tangible shapes reminiscent of pointed dragonfly wings upon her back. They fluttered in place for a moment before going invisible again, her arms crossing so she could hold her chin.
"Though I also can't deny that I might be that old, you see I can only really remember the past hundred years since I woke up." She explained with a small hum, her hand going to rest on her cheek as she let out a sigh.

"Sometimes I get little hints of something of before then, though they don't normally amount to much. I think the sword was different, how much though I can't really remember." Saeha added before letting her arms rest on her knees as she gave a small, apologetic smile to Uriah. It was out of her hands currently, as the memories weren't available to her at that moment.

"Oh yes, I do know Impa! She was the first person to greet me when I made it to Kakariko Village, though it looked a lot different than it does n-"

That feeling that had been drawing her attention before was in full force the second the spirit showed itself to her.

The change in Saeha's demeanor was instantaneous as she stood up and fell into a ready stance, her palm glowing in standby as she stared in the space that the sword's soul had chosen to be, that may have made others believe she was seeing whatever the younger girl had.

And the cheery woman saw it as a threat.

"You are no Master Sword." The fairy responded, her voice low and just a few steps away from being a true growl before she looked at the sword Uriah had. "I do not know what manner of alignment they are, but this is a spirit of unknown nature. It is best you not hold their physical form any longer."Saeha warned to Uriah, the edge to her voice gone but the firmness still remained as she advised the child to put the sword of unknown origin down.

Her expression was more serious as she then cast her gaze to Grima as balled her glowing hand to force the natural reaction of fighting the unknown threat to lessen, to make the light fade. For now the child was safe, though she did not at all trust the eerie being near her.
"This sword must be taken immediately to Impa."

Last edited:
B-206 looked at the fairy with a smirk as she said she was no master sword. Any idiot could say that the kid had even said as much in their chat. Well perhaps the fairy hadn't heard what the girl said. It really didn't matter to much. What was more intresting was the fairly the older person reacted the correct way. Fear, cation, a desire to destroy, those were what should happen.

"Well I would call you stupid for not listening, but well I haven't been talking to you and the kid is quiet" B-206 said not even trying to be nice in fact she made sure to insult the fairy and was going to mess with her. " You are right as I told the kid I'm a defective copy of that accursed sword." B'206 had to hold back theater she felt thinking about it now that she could lash out at somone. " Still I guess you can't be to bright if you want me to go back the she sheikhai just let them have back the knowledge of how to make me. Because that's who did it oh so long ago."

B-206 decided to at this point let those right around her see and her her fully " So mrs big fairy you going to make sure the sheihkai can make more like me or no?" She asked trying to frame her words to make the fairy in disguise look worse than her. The change in who could see her was at B-206's control so the fairy might not notice the shift.

Three rupees! What a deal! That meant killing one rabbit would basically net him a whole nother meal. So long as he was satisfied with skewers at least and they were delicious so he saw no problem. Dropping his bag on the floor he started rummaging through it for more items he’d acquired on his way here pulling out various gems, bones, and woods of various quality.

“Hmmmm I’m not really willing to part with too much of this but I have a pelt or two more if you’ll take those.” It was tough to give up a lot of the clutter he kept on him, he never knew when he might need it. And the gems were really pretty.

Stuffing the items back into his bag he got to his feet and turned to see what had caught Bemere’s attention, just in time to see the sword manifest a new form. Whatever conversation they’d been having previously was nearly entirely forgotten about as he noticed the astral figure that had appeared. Placing a hand on Bemere’s shoulder he pointed to it with oohs and ahs.

“You mean we can all get magic ghost swords? You want one too?” He nudged Bemere’s side as he asked.

Zaris and Mirel

The night before...

Beneath the stars in the Rabia Plain, Zaris and his lupine companion sat near a cozy campfire, staring up at the moon perched high in the sky as it cast its silvery glow down upon the earth. The only sounds that could be heard around were the distant cries of nocturnal beasts, the crackling of the blaze before them, and the whistling wind blowing through the treetops. Truly, it was a moment of peace and stillness among the wilderness.

Zaris laid himself down softly upon the grass, head in his gloved palms. "I never do get tired of glancing up at the nighttime sky, Mirel," He said to the Maraudo Wolf that sat beside him, furry head resting gently upon their front paws, their sensitive ears flicking about. "As large of a land Hyrule is, it really shows how small we really are."

Mirel let out a "woof" before resuming their resting position.

So as to check for any monsters that might sneak up upon them while they slept, Zaris got up and wandered around in a circular area near where their campsite was. Having found nothing, Zaris returned to the fire and began to drift off into a state of slumber. His beast companion got to their feet and shifted themselves closer to him, placing their warm body next to Zaris', their eyes closing as their breathing began to slow.

That morning...

Within the dream that the Hylian beastmaster was having, there came a voice-- one unfamiliar to him:

“Please, heroes, you must save Hyrule. The hero of time, Link, is gone. Hyrule needs you.”
Zaris' eyes opened suddenly as they were immediately met by the light of the sun. The shock of the sudden brightness caused him to lurch upwards into a sitting position. Mirel's ears perked up in response as he placed a paw in his master's lap. "Oh... woke you up, did I? I'm sorry. It's just," Zaris put a hand to his forehead. "I heard a voice just then, while I was sleeping, only... it wasn't her. But then, who could it have been? I could not tell." Striding over to the nearby pond, the Hylian splashed a bit of water on his face in order to help fully wake himself up. "We're near Kakariko Village, I know-- if there is anyone who may know more about this, I would imagine their elder, Lady Impa, would have answers. What do you think?"

In response, the Maraudo Wolf shook their head up and down with a bark.

Interactions:
None yet.

Grima and Uriah
When Saeha mentioned being a Fairy, Uriah's gaze gleamed with awe as she listened to the woman's answers to her following questions.

Before she could ask further questions about what Lady Impa was like in person a hundred years ago, along with if she was a smaller version of Great Fairy like the ones she heard of in stories and if her missing memories had anything to do with a head injury or from just being old, B-206 made herself known to the woman and Saeha's reaction caused Uriah's questions to die in her throat as the woman and sword continued to talk.

Saeha's stance, and the magic in hand caused Uriah's brows to furrow as her free hand rested on the sheath of B's physical form, body shifting just slightly as if to block said physical form at her side from Saeha's glare with her own short stature, even as Saeha told her it would be best not to hold onto the sword anymore as the girl frowned while looking between the two women.

"Are you trying to start a fight? I know you're kinda mean and all, but why would the Sheikah try and make more swords like you in this day and age after you were left forgotten for so long? Gran–er, Lady Impa wouldn't do that…" Uriah spoke mostly to B-206, her gaze shifting to the sword's corporeal form as she did so.

Impa was a nice old lady, she was the first person she met when Grima had brought Uriah to Kakariko, who answered many of the questions she had at the time too. To Uriah, it seemed B-206 didn't like the Sheikah of 10,000 years ago, which made sense as she was left alone for such a long time. Now the sword could see how the Sheikah of today was really nice! Except for some of the kids, but most of the Sheikah were nice.

"Besides, if you were a failure to imitate the Master Sword, what's the point of trying to make anymore if the Master Sword exists? Or well, existed." Uriah countered, before adding, "There's no reason to fight each other in the middle of the village anyway since Grima used money from his pocket to buy me a sword that just happened to have a weird looking lady in it that isn't a threat." At least, Uriah didn't see the other as a threat currently since B-206 hadn't given her any real reason to see her as one outside of her appearance.

When Saeha turned to meet eyes with Grima, his lips were pursed, his shoulders tense from the reveal of exactly who and what Uriah had seemed to be talking to since acquiring the sword as well as Saeha's fighting stance seconds ago.

Nodding to the blonde as she brought up taking the sword to Impa, his expression changed to one not as tense as he looked to his charge, relaxing his shoulders as he squeezed the girl's hand still in his to get her attention.

"Uriah, you're right that Impa won't try and make any more swords like this, but she should know that there's such a special sword in the village at least." Grima coaxed. He was sure Impa would want to know the specifics and such, but Uriah seemed oddly attached to the being in some capacity and by the girl's logic, she seemed to be under the impression that said sword might be permanently taken from her after he had gotten it for her.

"As long as…um, whatever her name is, doesn't mind meeting Lady Impa along with Miss Fairy." Uriah responded. Uriah had wanted to be both the sword and Saeha's friend, and she just realized she didn't even know the sword's name let alone Saeha's.

"We can go together to talk to Impa." Uriah suggested, gaze going from B-206 to Saeha as she gave a small squeeze to Grima's hand still in her's.

Interactions: Karcen Karcen , JellySquishies JellySquishies

Mentioned: N/A

B-206 was not happy that apparently no one else realized just how twisted the Sheikah were at heart how their desire for power had caused so much suffering and ended up ruining everything. She had heard over some conversations the merchant had that it was the sheikah and their technology that had ended up causing the ruin of the world. She didn't really have the full picture and she just assumed it was their fault and that they must have managed to hide enough of the truth to not make people want to kill them all like they deserved. The girl was beyond naïve not knowing just how wicked they shadow folk were how they would tear her body apart and mutilate her soul to make their weapons. They had done it to so many before and there was no reason in B-206's mind for them to ever change. The only difference was they were better at hiding it, in a world like this they could easily make a villages children vanish into the torture forges to make more abominations. The man that wasn't the girls father spoke up about going to Impa the sheikah and B-206 wished she had more substance so she could hit him and ask if he had been listening.

" B-206" B-206 said when the girl seemed confused about her name " Master sword project line B number 206 " She explained even her name now was nothing but a product number and gave them some hint of how many swords the sheikah had made in the past. " The Sheikah are a people with twisted hearts, that are good at hiding their depravity" B-206 continued having nothing nice at all to say about them then or now " But i can't really stop you, i am just a sword not even able to move myself let alone touch others thanks to them" B-206 said with a shrug hoping in some way to guilt the other into doing as she wanted as they were forcing her someone with no agency to do as they wanted despite anything she might say. The one thing she could control is who could see and hear her and Impa was not one of them she wanted to do either.

She couldn’t claim to understand his thoughts; his world, the things that had happened to him, what he believed in and what brought him here. Actually, Atara knew she didn’t understand any of that. They were different people, from different backgrounds. She just hoped Impa could understand, could find some sympathy for the boy.

“I know you’ve probably heard some unnerving things about her, considering where you grew up, but.. she’s really not like that, not all of the time.”

Pushing a strand of hair back behind her ear, she focused her eyes ahead. Kakariko was as beautiful as ever, it looked untouched. That very fact made her wonder where the scream from earlier came from. It was more lively, but aside from that there wasn’t a single difference.

“Consider us even,” came her quiet response to his previous statement. He didn’t owe her anything. Not after that poor display he saved her from. It was possible she could have fixed it herself, could have gotten back up. Still, she appreciated his help.

“It’s normally not this lively,” she hummed in response, “but I’m sure it’s different from what you’re used to.” The Yiga clan was different. In its ways, in its looks, in every way possible; it was different. The people there, although similar in blood, acted completely unalike to the Sheikah.

She definitely didn’t understand him.

It was weird. That was something even Nessa could admit. They had made it all the way to the entry of the Yiga hideout and, yet, hadn’t seen a single one. Were they expecting them? She didn’t question it too much, what would the Yiga want with some kids. She didn’t comprehend their current situation, Saran’s circumstance. She had grown so accustomed to him being around.

When he spoke up, voice full of fear, she faltered. How could she keep going when he, so obviously, didn’t want to. Squeezing his hand gently, she nodded, “sure, yeah, let’s go bac-“

“What are you two kids doing this far from home?”
It was an older voice, one full of amusement. Nessa tensed, body spinning to face the direction of the voice. At the sight of three Yiga, people much older than her and Saran, she clenched her fists. “What’s it to you?”

A chuckle, one after the other. She really did it this time. “We had heard about a boy, a Gerudo, we didn’t think it was true at first. Just look at you two.” Nessa took a step in front of Saran, keeping him out of harms way. “So, like I said, what’s it to you?”

“We need him.”

It was a simple statement, but it made Nessas blood run cold.

Last edited:
  • Grima and Uriah
    "B-206," B-206 said when the girl seemed confused about her name "Master sword project line B number 206." She explained even her name now was nothing but a product number and gave them some hint of how many swords the sheikah had made in the past.

"I'm Uriah," she greeted before asking, "Would you like to be called anything else? A new name?"

She had been about to ask something, but B-206's following words kept her from doing so.

"The Sheikah are a people with twisted hearts, that are good at hiding their depravity" B-206 continued having nothing nice at all to say about them then or now.

While Grima knew that his people had some dark spots in their history in their time serving the royal family of Hyrule and its people, Uriah didn't know more than bits and pieces of history and what was said to happen 100 years ago during the Calamity. As such B-206's words were met with mixed emotions from the Hylian.

"Anyone can have a twisted heart. People hurt other people all the time. The Sheikah of today are probably really different than all that time ago." She countered, a slight edge to her voice when bringing up how others hurt people. It was a weak argument, but she felt the need to mention the twisted heart comment specifically more than try and change B-206's opinion. B-206 had made it clear she didn't like the Sheikah, plus she had no one to talk to for a long time.

"But I can't really stop you, I am just a sword not even able to move myself let alone touch others thanks to them" B-206 said with a shrug hoping in some way to guilt the other into doing as she wanted as they were forcing her someone with no agency to do as they wanted despite anything she might say. The one thing she could control is who could see and hear her and Impa was not one of them she wanted to do either.

"You're a person within a sword, you're not just a sword. You have feelings and you have every right to be bitter and mad, but Lady Impa might be able to…I dunno, help you somehow? She's old, she might figure something out or maybe not." Uriah responded, not quite sure how to even go about where the conversation had been heading. She wanted to offset the general negativity B had with some form of optimism. Like when Farah and Valen would try and cheer her up by catching frogs when she was younger.

Huffing, she crossed her arms in thought. Most of what she said were really half formed thoughts and suggestions. Still she couldn't just not take B-206 to see Impa, even if the older woman didn't know what to do to help B-206 or have any answers to give regarding the reasons for trying to make a second Master Sword that Uriah wanted to know, it was a start. At least, in her mind it was.

"We can't really know unless we try. Even if she doesn't know for sure, maybe she could point us in the right direction." Uriah added, before turning and heading to Impa's, keeping a hold on Grima's hand in the process. Whether others wanted to come along or not was up to them.

Interactions: Karcen Karcen
    Mentioned: N/A

"we need him"

Instinct was his first reaction. There was no reason, nor no time to ask "what? why him? what did they want?" the threat was right in front of them

He took steps back from the guards. They followed his steps, putting their hands upon their thick sharp blades that lay at their sides.

Almost upon instinct, Saran did the same, sending cold looks their way. He hoped he could give off the same kind of intimidation that they had put into him. He felt along his belt for his two short blades' leather bindings, and their presence gave Saran slight relief. But the Guards definitely didn't take kindly to it either. They reached for the blades on their backs, and they tightened their grips.

"Think about this boy." The man on the far left said. "There's no need to make this a mess, Just come with us and everything can go over smoothly."

Like hell, he'd do that. He wasn't going anywhere with them, a fight it would be.
But then, he turned to Nessa at his side. She, as always, seemed ready as well. He looked to the three, tall, broad men standing in front of them. The thought crossed his instinct, should he just turn himself in at the possibility of Nessa's safety

No, what good would that do? He could tell Nessa to go home, that he'd come back later but she wouldn't go home; not even if he cried for her too. She would never leave her brother's side. Even if he turned himself in she'd fight for him. There seemed to only be one way out of this.. but maybe with Nessa's ability, they could have half a chance.

Saran tightened the grip on his blades and narrowed his eyes to the Yiga.

That was the only confirmation that they needed.

With a flash, the battle started.

The three Yigaman disappeared in a puff of smoke in front of them. Saran unsheathed his knives and readied himself instance. A large POOF sound. One appeared to his back, Saran turned around and ducked at the giant blade that was swung at his head. Down low, he tried to cut the Yigaman's leg, but he to dodged the attack.​

B-206 really didn't feel she was getting through to Uriah as the girl was still to young to get just how bad people were. B-206 had been the same once long ago and she had paid for that dearly. She didn't really think the shadowfolk were good, that they had any true goodness in them after what she had seen them do and what had been done to her. They were vile and in their hearts was darkness that they simply hid till they had power. The calamity was more destructive than the shadowfolk, but to B-206 the two were both equally vile.

What really shocked B-206 , though she hid it well, was just how close to the truth Uriah was without even understanding what she was saying. If she knew just what her words truly meant, for a person to be in a sword, that they had been a person before, B-206 wondered could she still think that the creators of B-206 had any good in them? B-206 did have to admit, even if it wasn't verbal, that not all of the shadowfolk had taken part in what happened to her, and none outside the forges knew how they planned to make a master sword. Still that hate was something she could not, would not give up, it was all that was left of who she had been. B-206 had been stripped of everything so this last feeling of who she had been even if it was only just before she had been torn from her body was important.

" There is a saying curiosity killed the cat, just watch out that you aren't stepping into such a situation" B-206 said feeling oddly protective of a child, perhaps seeing hope that she had lost made her want to stop the world from taking it away as it had been taken from her? Or she could just be a bit crazy after being alone so long and was randomly moving through emotions B-206 didn't really know.

It had been two days since they had left Kakariko. Two days since they had last spoken with Impa. Two days to get to know one another, to get closer. For Atara, it had felt like an eternity. Not because she had gotten closer with the others, or because she felt like they had some familial bond. It was because for the first time in her life, she felt some semblance of freedom.

She used to be scared and, normally, fear grows into anger; resentment. It didn’t for her. That scared her more than her father ever did. She didn’t hate him, she didn’t particularly care either. He was just there. Like a thorn in her side, a constant reminder that someone was watching her: that someone wanted her to make up for all the damage she had caused.

What a joke.

Deep emerald eyes swept over the sights of Trilby Valley, they were East of Zora’s domain, about half a day until they reached Inogo Bridge. It was two hours until daybreak, she assumed the majority of the group was still asleep. Only woken due to a nightmare herself. They would reach the rain soon, the outskirts of Vah Ruta.

“What a mess,” gently placing her chin against her knees, she sat quietly on the plains.

There was no doubt in Nessas mind this would turn into a fight. They had known they were coming. An analytical detail that hadn’t crossed the twins mind until too late. They were prepared for their arrival, which meant, they probably had backup. They would lose, but not without a fight.

Saran didn’t have to use words, Nessa was right beside him. When the Yiga shifted forward, disappearing into thin air, Nessa brought her hands up. A vine grew out of the sand, wrapping around the first Yiga to reappears ankle and launching him upwards, throwing him into the ravines wall.

The next one reappeared closer to her, causing her to stumble back. Reaching towards her shoulder, she yanked her spear from it’s carrier, smacking the Yiga’s weapon away with the end as soon as it came towards her. Twirling the weapon, she narrowed her eyes in warning. They were kids, but they weren’t untrained warriors.

The Yiga launched his next attack, coming forward, Nessa used her height to her advantage and slid down and in between his legs. Once she was at his back, she whipped around and jabbed upwards. The man let out a cry, disappearing while black smoke appeared in his place.

Before she could so much as stand, more Yiga had came to the enemies aid. One of the many grabbing her by her hair, causing her to let out a shocked yelp. “That’s playing dirty, you bastard!” The Yiga pulled harder, “with a mouth like that, I’m surprised you’ve made it so far as an orphan.” Her eyes widened, uncertainty of how he got such personal information.

Struggling did nothing to help get out of his grip, only furthering her pain. Getting pulled up and into the mans chest, he restrained her arms. “Ugh, let me go!! You dumb, stupid-“

“Shut it!”
Nessa squirmed, the feeling of being held captive making her skin crawl. She wanted to go home. Squeezing her eyes shut, she kicked her leg back in an attempt to get free. The attack hit, but only made the mans grip tighten. A deep snarl leaving his lips, “I have no problem discarding you.”

At the thought, she went limp. Tears pricking her eyes instead, “you big bully! How dare you!” Childish as it was, there was obvious fear written all over the girls face.

Last edited:
Saran was low on the ground, the other Yiga clansman now looming over him at some distance. Taking a deep breath in, Saran waits until the man comes charging at him, dual wielding his sword above his head for a high blow. It comes crashing onto the sand, and Saran jumps to the side quickly, then pounces back to send a nasty cut across the clansman's waist. He yells out in agony, blood now gushing out from the cut, and goes to try and grab Saran before Saran jumps out of his way again.

The clansman yelled some vulgar language at him as Saran gave him a sly smirk of victory before another clansman appeared at his back. He tore one knife out from Saran's hands and was about to tear the last before Saran managed to deliver another stab to the man's gut from behind. The man screamed a hoarse rattle, and Saran finally tore himself away from him and re-insert the knife into his wound, then send it tearing up through his chest. He was gone in a puff of black smoke, and Saran breathed another huff of relief.

He went to pick up his other knife in the sand but was met by five more clansmen in front of him. Shit, a whole crowd, how many had they prepared for their coming?? He ran to the side to try and avoid them all, but he was quickly met with two other clansmen to his right. Saran didn't move an inch as all seven slowly backed him into a corner.

The sight made his heart ache, and he could feel his breathing picking up again as his back, hot from sweat, was pressed against a cool sandstone wall. The touch sent shivers up his spine, and he took a gulp that slide up his chest. He had barely managed to take two, how could he take seven of them?? He didn't want this, he just wanted to go back with Nessa and pretend this whole thing had never happened. Why, Why did they want him so bad?? Why was he all of the sudden so special to them?

A brief thought about running with all of his strength to go pounce upon one of them crossed his mind. Maybe that way he could grab Nessa and run out of this situation. He was about to make his start when he heard his sister yell

"you big bully! how dare you!"

His eyes widened at the fact. Did they finally manage to capture her? To withhold her? How many was she up against?

Time was running out, they were closing in and Saran had to react somehow. He felt along the wall tentatively and suddenly, an idea popped in his head. It was risky but it could get him to see what was wrong with Nessa.

Within a flash, Saran stepped forward to the guards, then ran back to the wall and with all he could, tried to run up it in full force. He gained some leverage, then used his knife and stuck it into the sandstone as a hanging spot for him. Now above the guards, he looked over to see Nessa, restrained by another guard by her hair.

"Nessa!!" He yelled. He grabbed his knife he wasn't using and aimed it at the face of the Yiga Clansman holding her back. He prayed to the gods that it would hit him as he attempted to jump off the wall over the yiga to reach Nessa. But he fell short, right into the cesspool of yiga men. "No! No! Nessa!" He yelled.

All of a sudden he was being grappled and pulled every direction. Someone forced him to his knees and he immediately felt both his knives be taken away before he could do anything. They all began to say. "Get it, bring it here." and before he knew it, he began to smell something incredibly sweet around him.

"what is this?? What are you doing-Nessa!" He screamed and tore at the other clansman to try and break free, hoping his sister was ok on the other side of wherever he was. He kept fighting and fighting until he suddenly realized he had become very worn out. His eyelids grew heavy, and a yawn protruded through his mouth. His sight began getting hazy and the world darker.

But he didn't stop fighting. He weakly hit each of the guards and tried to break free of their restraints. The last thing he saw was Nessa's face through the legs of other clansman, before passing out by the effects of whatever was used on him.

It was a strange but welcome feeling, having company on his travels. Adagio had come this far on his own and while he hadn’t expected the weight that would come with the information of the state of the world and the stakes at hand he wasn’t one to turn away from such a thing. That being the case and with the resulting nerves from having the weight of the world on one’s shoulders he’d volunteered to take watch. He’d run into plenty of monsters on his way to kakariko initially and camping out in the plains wasn’t going to lower those odds any.

His skill set was well suited towards it anyways. His eyes dimly glowed an unnatural blue through the holes of his owl mask as he sat with his back to the dying fire. He quietly carved the wooden mask in his hands, working on the main facial features despite the darkness.

His work only stopped when his head jerked at the alert of someone stirring. Seeing it was only one of their merry band waking up he went back to work as he greeted Atara.

“Good evening, though it might be a little late for that. It is quite the mess isn’t it? Cataclysmic catastrophe, new people, new places, quite the load of responsibility. Though it’s certainly an interesting mess.” Adagio was the type to fill silence wherever possible, not due to any particular distaste for it but more just enjoying liveliness. Though he had no way of knowing what she was referring to and frankly was aware she wasn’t addressing him, his acute awareness of the faint calamity that filled the air made him feel as if he could run his hand through it and forced him agree with her.

It was exciting being away from home and plenty of fun thus far but when he dwelled on the imbalance the world was in truly the only way to describe it was a mess. Still it wasn’t just that, more than anything as far as he was concerned it was an opportunity.

The talk with Impa had not given B-206 any peace and had not proven anything to her. They claimed they had changed abandoned the old ways and old technology. B-206 doubted a people that had so willingly thrown hundreds into the fire could change. Even Grima was not above doubt. The shadow folk were good at hiding what they did, who they were, they always had been. B-206 just couldn't forgive them even if some had changed did that erase their sins? Would that do anything for those they had left to rust in that dark vault? B-206 could only hold hate and her desire for an end.

Bring a sword B-206 didn't sleep no one cared to ask her if she did so every night she simply remained out of sight and watched thos Mish mash of people. Heroes the idea was laughable heroes just killed they didn't save. After all no hero had even tried to save those like her. This group was doomed and B-206 guessed she was along for the ride.

" Thos whole world is a mess is there any point in this quest saving a destroyed land from being more destroyed? " B-206 asked appearing by the two that were awake " kingdoms rise and fall over and over is there any point in trying to build another? she asked venom in her tone she didn't see much in the world to save.

This world continued to shift in various ways. Ganon’s malice seemed to be ever changing, growing. She was certain it was the fall of the hero, the way the triforce of courage had went missing. Sitting around camp felt like a waste of time. She would have offered to take over for Adagio, but he seemed to be doing fine on his own.

Night watch was a constant cycle. Adagio had it tonight, somebody else would have it tomorrow night and, if someone felt generous, she had noticed sometimes it would change throughout the night. Uriah was the only one excluded, it felt wrong to ask that of her as a child.

The group got along fairly well with the exception of a few outsiders. Often enough she felt like one of them. It wasn’t due to uncogniel people, more so her antisocial nature. Even now, all she offered Adagio was a small head tilt at his words. Her eyes laid on him for a moment, yet any response she would have given left at the new voice that spoke up.

With a gentle roll of her eyes, she pressed her palm against the grass and pushed herself up. “Responsibility is a good word for it,” she took a moment to stretch her muscles, gathering her words, “I think I’ll go ahead, scout the area.. do you think anyone would want to come? I could use a hand or two, I’m sure.”

Saran had called out to her. She had heard his voice, she was sure. Even if it had drowned in the amount of Yiga surrounding him by now, he had been physically conscious just a moment ago. She felt the wind of the knife as it slammed into the Yiga, piercing his skin and sending him staggering back. It was just enough for him to let go of his restraint on her.

She pushed her body forward, willing it to move. There was another hand grabbing her arm in an instant, to stop her from interfering. “Saran!” She called back, there was no response. The hand that had managed to catch her tightened, pulling her back and grabbing her other arm.

“Let’s move, time is of the essence,” one of the members called, “we’ll have to drop her somewhere on the way!” Whether she had went into a panic or the Yiga had put some sort of herb on her, she didn’t remember much after. What she did remember, was consciously waking up on Trilby Valley’s plains.

He quietly smiled in response to B-206's cold cynicism. "Personally I say there's nothing wrong with seeing this as a new start rather than some horrible end. The world I've seen thus far has actually been rather beautiful." He didn't plan on being any sort of kingdom maker either way. It was up to the rest who were left whether Hyrule would actually be rebuilt, it was a product of their goddess' will so he didn't care too much if it didn't return. Still that didn't have to mean the end of the people themselves and he was happy to help them however he could.

He internally debated with himself at the idea of going for a bit of a walk. He had been sat like this for a while after all. He should be able to keep an eye on the camp just fine even if he wasn't right on top of it anyways. He sat down the mask he had been carving on the ground and got to his feet. "I wouldn't mind stretching my legs a little. Care to come with us B? I should be able to monitor the camp still if so." The eyes on the mask he'd placed on the ground began to glow and his senses split. It was a little disorienting but he'd adjust in a minute.

B-206 could tell Altara was ignoring her, really did these people not get angry? Adagio was even harder to anger and actually responded with optimism. B-206 just could not get that how could one see the world and see anything but something that needed an end? B-206 had needed to moderate herself because the girl was always around her now and as always hurting a child was not something she wanted to do even if it got b-206 her freedom. B-206 did wonder if either of them thought about her not needing sleep and how she had been making them actually take night watches just because. Well they likely thought she might let some monster come into the camp and they were somewhat right to be worried about that. The question of a patrol was almost laughable as well B-206 didn't actully have a choice this form was an illusion she was still very much the sword and could not stray to farm from it. B-206 could not go with them unless the sword was taken, and she couldn't refuse them if they took it. So far at least once her desires had been violated to not see that miserable old woman.

" You will need to actually go get me" B-206 pointed out " I know it i hard to remember but what you see isn't me I am just a sword " She explained again sarcastically. Though she then shrugged " And even if you do take me we would need to get back, I think Uriah might miss me if she wakes" B-206 couldn't keep up her sarcasm as she actually did somewhat care if the girl was upset to much " I mean her whatever he is did pay a lot to get me" B-206 quickly added trying to cover for her momentary slip away from her sarcasm and pessimism.

• Grima and Uriah

In two days, Uriah had found a sense of comraderie with the group. Moreso than Grima at least. She felt rather close to Atara specifically, whether as a surrogate sister or not Grima couldn't tell and he highly doubted if his charge could tell herself.

Uriah had tried to stay up and help keep watch, though after an hour or so she fell asleep, and her guardian let her.

Grima, for all intents and purposes was awake, laying curled around Uriah as she slept. His eyes watched the other side of the group from where he lay with his back to them, as he had been awake for at least an hour or two.

He listened as a few of the others keeping watch spoke, turning their words over in his head before saying anything.

"It's simply in our nature to get back up after being knocked down." He spoke up towards B specifically, shifting carefully so he wouldn't wake Uriah as he sat up.

"Even a forest that gets destroyed grows back eventually if given time." He grunted, visible eye sweeping the area instinctively for a moment.

When Atara mentioned scouting, he took one glance at Uriah, then back to her.

"I'll stay, gotta keep an eye on her." He spoke, motioning to his charge. Though when B mentioned him and Uriah and the fact that he wasn't the girl's father or even relative (at least in blood), there was an upward twitch of his lips and an amused glint in his eye. B seemed fond of Uriah to some extent, and the girl would be ecstatic to learn that information, if he told her.

"Uriah would miss you. Would probably try and find you, too." He spoke thoughtfully.

"If she wakes while you're gone, I'll simply tell her where you are." He offered to B, while moving to retrieve her physical form where it rested near the sleeping girl and held said form out for either Atara or Adagio to take for the time being.

Interactions: endersheart endersheart , Karcen Karcen

Mentioned: Naburius Naburius

Last edited:
When Saran opened his eyes, he saw a hazy pattern of metal squares dangling above his head. His senses felt diluted, and a fog wrapped around and clutched his head. the memory of events prior felt like a distant dream. There was something cold and tough wrapping his wrists and ankles together. Upon blinking the squares above cleared up to be prison bars, tightly knit together in iron, shaping the light that came from above into little squares cast down on the floor. He looked down to his hands and ankles to see they had been shackled together in a rustier Iron.

When he tried to sit up, the weight of his chains pressed him back down. They gave a little jingling sound with his push upwards, and when he finally was able to sit up straight, he realized he was laying upon some sort of elevated slab in a room made entirely out of sandstone.

In his dazed state, the sense that he was far from home and nowhere near familiarity weighed down upon him. What was worse was that his sister was nowhere near. Just what had happened?

For a while, Saran sat still trying to piece together memories of the day prior until a loud growl interrupted his thoughts. It was his stomach, devastated by a horrible hunger that felt it hadn’t been met in what felt like days.

“Hello? Is anyone there?” Saran called out, in a dry and tired voice.

At first there was no answer, but after a few more minutes in silence, a bigger yiga clan member peeked his head above the caged ceiling. When he spotted him he seemed to jolt back, and yelled something in some language Saran couldn’t comprehend.

Seconds after, rustles of footsteps piled up into his cell. Several voices echoed around Saran’s cloudy head, and large gloved hands started tugging upon his chained hands.
“Hey-hey what are you doing! Stop-” Saran said as he made an attempt to struggle against them. The wrangling touch of those unfamiliar made him feel sick in his own skin. He had only let his sister touch him in warm hugs and hand holding for as long as he could remember, so now having someone unfamiliar come upon him and throw him about was all the worse a reminder that he was nowhere near her, and had no power over the situation.

“I said stop!” Finally, Saran had managed to grab someone’s wrist as they were unlocking his chains and wringing his hand backwards. The man let a pitiful cry out and lurched his hand away from him. He tried to use it to get up, but before he could do anything, a white cloth was being pressed to his mouth.

His threats and Yells were now being choked down his throat as the world around him grew darker and sleepier yet again. The feeling of the men wrangling his hands numbed away, and the bright light shining down from above blotted out to a black as his mind slipped into a fearful slumber.
When he opened his eyes again, the light from above was replaced with a red and gold color blurred together by some fabric.

Now, something cold and metallic was wrapped around his head and neck, while a irritable silk-like clothing was placed around his chest and legs. His mouth was still bound up in some sort of cloth, but whatever was on it that made him faint earlier was obviously gone.

However, before he could assess the situation any further, a loud hollow bang erupted from behind him. Then it happened again, and again, stringing together to a slow rhythm. From the shadows several deep masculine voices started to sing to the beat. The notes were a deep harmony, foreboding, intense and loud. Saran tried to turn his head around to see where it was coming from but he couldn’t seem to move . He felt paralyzed, and whether it was from fear or chains he couldn’t tell.

Lights suddenly began to dance on the fabric above him, which he could now make out to be a Yiga symbol engraved on a tapestry. More voices than before started to sing, joined by the hot cracklings of a newly born flame. It was all so overwhelming, sounds that he didn’t know the source of all coming together at once, joining into a symphony of terror that was so strong it caused a few tears to leak out from Saran’s eyes.

He never wished so badly that it would all just stop. That he could just go home, that he could wake up to his sister shaking him awake from this terrible nightmare, telling him that it was all ok, that he had been dreaming the whole thing and he was safe with her in the inn.

He started trying to convince himself of that-that this was all just a dream. That he would wake up soon in his sisters arms and this all would be over. He repeated it to himself over and over in his head “this isn’t real, I’m dreaming, this is just a dream. This is just a dream.”

And suddenly, all of the noises around him stopped. He briefly began to wonder, ‘had it actually worked? Was he about to wake up to the comforts of his bedroom soon? Was it over?’

But sadly, the ceremony had just begun.

“Members of the Yiga clan!” A voice said in clear Hylian. “Today we have won another victory for a tribe, for within our grasp is the male Gerudo that we have been searching for a decade and then some! The descendant of our beloved king, the rightful heir to the Gerudo by law, and soon-our savior that will carry out the will of Gannon!”

“Hail to King Gannon!” voices cried out from around him.

“While we may have lost our angel of death, this ceremony of the descendant of Ganon is a reminder that our acts of service are not going in vain. We are the servants of the king! And his
day of victory and conquer over hyrule will come!”

“Hail to king Gannon!”
All of these words being spoken to Saran were going in one ear and out the other. With everything going through his head he just couldn’t process them. ‘Male Gerudo?’ ‘Descendant of Ganon’? None of it made any sense. The words only prompted his tears to flow even more and wish, keep wishing that none of this was really real.

Then suddenly, the world began to tilt on its side. Saran was being raised up from the ground to face a crowd of Yiga members now at his feet. They all looked up to him with their eyed masks, and cheered. It sounded like a hoard of lizafolos were screaming as loud as they could, and Saran wanted so bad to cover his ears and shut his eyes. The crowd was terrifying-all looking upon him heads cocked and arms flailing. Each of them didn’t even look human to Saran. they looked like inhuman beasts who wanted more than to torture him for mere pleasure. His lip quivered and he squeezed his eyes shut; though that didn’t make the feeling go away. He knew they were still watching, all eyes focused on his cowardly figure raised high in the air.

When was this nightmare going to end?

“Now brothers, to truly start our ritual.” That was the main figure talking closest to Saran. He was shorter than the rest of them, with a tall pony tail and a spiky mask. Was that master kohga? Right here in front of him?!

He approached him with a red triangular bowl in his hands. Inside the bowl was something purple and hot, creating a thick steam that rose from the bowl slowly and steadily; and as Kohga got closer and closer he grabbed a golden knife from a nearby stand and dipped it into the malice.

He stirred it slowly as he approached, and the liquid gave a little burble in his hands. “In the name of our king Ganon, We will continue his proud lineage.”

He approached closer, and closer “We will create another beacon of hope for all who serve him, and stand against the goddess of Hylia and The princess zelda for their acts of treachery to the throne.”

Saran stared deep into the purple goo that was now right below him. He had realized what was going to happen, and his whole body was now trembling before that fact.

“So with this malice, I give you the official Accolade to the Yiga as the next Gannon of Hyrule! You are now our Prince of Power!”

Kohga took the knife and sliced Saran’s chest. He cried out in agony, as a hot sting unlike anything he had ever felt before sank inside his him. Looking down he saw as it marred his brown skin, crawling across it like it was alive until it finally sunk deep into him. The singing and drums started again, but they were now blurred out by a horrible ringing in Saran’s ears. His whole body became unbearably hot as Saran’s malice and blood melded together in a tight knot within his body. It felt as if the world had been split into two as boiling tears were now pouring down his face.

And even though his mouth was still binded, Saran had never screamed louder in his entire life. He screamed for his sister, he screamed for it to all stop, he screamed for help, and he screamed for the pain to just cease. The blur of red and masked faces ignored his cries, and only continued to cheer louder and louder as his suffering increased. The world was pounding, folding in and out simultaneously in a twisted terror- and it was in that moment, that Saran realized that this wasn’t going to end.

His sister wasn’t here. He wasn’t in the inn, and he wasn’t going to shake this all off and continue his day renting out sand seals. He was alone, he was alone and no one was coming to help.

Or so he thought, for as the world again faded from intensity, he could make out a brief struggle in his ringing. There was a flash of green among the red, and the words “protect the prince” riverbed around in his head before he passed out again entirely.

He wasn’t sure what had happened, or who had come to help; but his life was now in their hands.

And he prayed to the gods that they would find a way to turn this reality into nothing but a mere nightmare.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back