• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Realms of Nymserine: Main Thread [[CLOSED]]

Pyrrhus watched the play of emotions on Verity's features, but they happened so quickly he could only guess at what she was feeling. She stood so suddenly he was taken aback.
"Have I asked something I shouldn't have? Forgive me, I meant no offense."
He didn't make a move to follow, instead sitting back and running his hand through the spiky mane of hair cropped short behind his neck.
"I suppose, that question could do harm to those with poignant memories..." He looked sorry to see the elf go.
He thought of his own experiences and suddenly had the urge to look for more cake.
Purize Purize

"'Someone you had to meet'?" Pyrrhus repeated Kezine, more than a little curious. "Did it work?"
What he really wanted to know was: who was so important it was worth getting arrested over, but he had long learned that people would only share as much as they wanted to, as if he had to press, it likely wasn't to be shared.
"You know, sending letters usually isn't half as...hazardous." He offered helpfully, returning her grin with his own. He was beginning to warm to the mage.
Melon Bomb Melon Bomb

*~~~Oo Verity oO~~~*

Verity smiled at Pyrrhus and shook her head. "You haven't offended me, Pyrrhus. Please be at ease. I'm just a bit tired from the past few days. I trust I will see you lot again soon." She dipped her head in farewell and excused herself.

The fae woman rose and stood, offering her hand to Verity. The silver-haired elf took it, not wanting to seem rude, and let herself be guided up the stairs. The redhead introduced herself and Verity felt a strange sensation lick at the edge of her aura. It was intrusive, but gentle, and it distracted her enougn to fumble out a reply.
"I'm Verity, nice to meet you, Kaeli." She gave a puzzled smile, and hesitated. What is troubling me...? She didn't really want to talk about it, especially to someone she'd just meant, but somehow it seemed okay to talk to her about anything. Her touch was like soft, soothing encouragement and it made the Elf's caution fade. "It's nothing really... I'm just not used to places like this," Verity shrugged apologetically.

"You and Azaria seem very close...." She glanced at Kaeli, wondering faintly how they had met. It was interesting to see the moody halfling become so lighthearted and carefree... not that Verity knew her well, herself.
SilverFlight SilverFlight Zazz Zazz

"A letter? No way." Kezine shooed away the thought with a dismissal wave. "Bastard never stays in one place, I don't even know where I'd send it. And who knows, maybe it could've worked - didn't stick around long enough to find out, obviously." She shifted in her seat, eyes following the pair as they climbed up the stairway. "Adventurers these days. . . man, they just keep getting weirder," she laughed, recalling how the camp outskirts came to life with verdant lights, and how the earth quaked with the pirate's strange display of power - and of course, the events that followed up until now.

She remembered, how with nothing more than her weapon at her side she had been at the top of her game, and rose above any challenge. No matter what happened, things just seemed to go her way - but in recent years, the times have been changing. New powers were surfacing, new heroes and new threats. . . she was quickly being outpaced.

Maybe it was finally time to play catch-up.

"Yeah. I had to meet him," she continued with a sigh, leaning her head back and staring up at the ceiling as candle light flickered warm hues against the wooden boards. "That's what I told myself."
She tilted her head slightly toward Pyrrhus.

"Maybe I was wrong."

Roland laughed at her gusto, promising silently that he would duel her someday soon and see that secret technique of hers. It was time to leave the guild, with the money in his hand. He took a final look around the establishment and smiled at charlotte, before heading with Vie towards the door.

"It's a nice place you got here. To bad there isn't another guild around to keep you on your toes. Hey, if you ever want to visit, we are just down the streets." And he curtly nodded and ushered Vie out of there presence, eager to get back to their group and make a plan. The streets were much less crowded in the middle of the evening, and while he was happy for the freedom and space it offered, there was more than one time a seedy looking man or group would step out of the alley, most of whom could see a fight they didn't want in Rolands eyes.

In a short amount of time, Roland and Vie reached the Sultry Pearl, and was ready to reunite with his friends.

"Kind of a weird looking bar" Roland surmised, looking at the shady looking exterior and the kind of men walking in and out of the door, but he thought little more of the subject and walked forward, stepping inside. It was a nice tavern, with a few ladies around and a barkeep, cleaning glasses behind the counter. It was a nice place, a little dark but nice. He couldn't see his friends, so Roland stepped towards the counter, smiling at the bartender. "Excuse me, my friends came here with a half blood elf named Azaria. Do you know where I can find them?"

Last edited:
Kaelie giggled softly, reaching over with her free hand to run her fingers through Verity's silver hair. "Yes, it can be a lot to take in, especially your first time." Her light eyes twinkled in the dim lighting at the top of the staircase. "You are always welcome, here, beautiful Verity."

Down the hall, Kaeli let go of Verity's hand to open a door. "Azaria and I look after one another. She is the reason I am free. I can leave if I like." Inside was a large bed fitted with cozy-looking fur blankets and freshly fluffed pillows. A small vanity with a mirror stood off to one side.

The lady behind the bar leaned against the counter, her palms on the wood, and peered at Roland and Vie. "'Half blood' Azaria, eh? Some friend you are." The woman scoffed at the derogatory term and stood up straight. She jerked her head in the direction of the beaded curtain. "She's back there with the centaur and the rest." The woman wiped down her bar with a cloth, eyeing the pirate with distaste.

Vie awkwardly shuffled up and poked her head through the doorway, the moonlight at her back. Fingers tensed gingerly around the frame, she watched Roland calmly stride inside where scantily clad women passed from table to table serving trays of booze and assorted snacks. She wasn't even inside and she felt her heart begin to race, staring incredulously between the pirate and the servers.

Wha. . . ? Should I. . . am I supposed come in? Is this okay? Oh man oh geez oh man oh geez oh man-

Tentatively, she slunk inside and immediately began to hug the walls, making a conscious effort to obscure her presence from the patrons. Maybe she was actually drawing more attention this way, but she wasn't about to risk eye contact and find out. When she decided she was close enough, she casually slid up like she'd been there the whole time. Which she instantly regretted, because by the time she showed up, the bartender was already shooting them an annoyed glare and she had no idea why. Vie shrunk as she met her gaze, averting her eyes nervously to the back.

"Why is she mad at us?" she whispered, tugging at Roland's sleeve. "Did I do something wrong?"

Last edited:
Verity nodded at Kaelie, the strange feeling still lingering in her touch. "Thank you, I appreciate that," she smiled genuinely at the redhead, "I'm glad, that you're free I mean. It's good to have people you can feel close to."

She looked around the room, a little surprised. It was actually rather cozy, not bad for the shadier aspects of the inn. She wandered in a few steps, spinning in a full circle, taking it in. "I think I will relax for a moment. Would you mind telling the others that i'll be retiring for the night? I'll met with them in the morning to head to the Circle."

“I think she might be frustrated with her job” Roland gave her a smile that said he didn’t really understand either, and together he led them into the back room. One step through the beads and he knew why the bar seemed so strange. It wasn’t a bar; it was a brothel. Women walked from man to man, offering themselves up. Roland get shock wash over his body, and all he could think to do was lift his hand up to try and cover Vie’s eyes.

Pyrrhus considered Kezine for a little while.
"Far be it from be to presume you owe any sort of explanation, but...who was this exactly? Why was it so important you meet him?"
Melon Bomb Melon Bomb

Not long after a familiar face appeared, trekking a waft of cool air from outside with him.
"Roland!" Pyrrhus exclaimed happily. "You finally made it. Try the cakes!"
The centaur was still lying contentedly by the wall, legs tucked beside him. The lute was back in the possession of its fair owner who was sitting beside him, marveling at the softness of his equine coat. He saw the look on his companion's face as he cast his eyes about the room.
"It's not that bad actually, they're treated quite well here. At least I don't feel like setting it on fire like the last brothel I stepped in to." At the wide-eyed expression from the lutenist he chuckled. "Okay, well the fire technically was an accident, nobody died, well, nobody who shouldn't have anyway. We got all the workers out safely..."
He paused when he saw Vie, "New friend?" He questioned, with a friendly wave in her direction.
Melon Bomb Melon Bomb BugDozer73 BugDozer73

Roland couldn't help but wonder why they were at a brothel... were they at the right place? Oh god, his first impression with Vie was taking her to a whore house. What was happening? A familiar face smiled at him from across the room, and Roland felt himself relax a little. So Az HAD led them to a whore house: great. He crossed the room to the Centaur with Vie close behind, trying to to get to flustered whenever he came within close proximity with a scantily clad woman.

He spoke to Pyrrhus in a whisper, trying not to draw attention from the faculty, or the clientele. "This is where we are staying?" The prospect of getting there own place seemed ever more appealing as the day moved forward.

"Can I get you something sir?" A smaller woman asked Roland with a flirty smile. He smiled back at her sheepishly, trying to keep his eyes on her face.

"Ah, no thank you. I am already taken care of." Another blush, and Roland began to wonder if he had spent more time blushing the last week than he had for the entire first part of his life. "I am a friend of Mr. Pyrrhus."

"Then you are in the most fine of company! His lute works wonders for the girls. If you need anything, Mr... Come find me.." She winked at Roland with somewhat of a lustful look and twirled around, her lace skirt spinning and rising dangerously, letting her "equipment" tease him as she walked away.

Roland began to sweat slightly. FOCUS.

"This is, umm, Vie Telarosa. She is going to be trying out for the Circle with me and Verity. Vie-" Roland turned his attention to the younger woman behind him, who looked about as comfortable with the environment as he was. "This is Pyrrhus Elegantus. I think he is also going to be attempting to join the ranks of the Circle." He gave them a moment to get acquainted, shooting a quick hello to Kezine and Azaria, who were both sitting off to the side.

After they had become acquainted, Roland turned back to Pyrrhus, not finding his elf companion amongst the... rabble. "Where is Verity?"

Last edited:
"Mikael," Kezine answered, her attention now affixed to the newcomers parting through the bead curtain. "A hero-for-hire and a professional asshole. Things haven't been the same since we went our separate ways. . . just wanted to tie up some loose ends, that's all."

She listened quietly, watching as the two awkwardly acclimated to their environment.

"Your girlfriend went upstairs," she said, jerking her thumb down the hall. With company. Her eyes fell to the new girl, who peeled Roland's hand away from her face and emerged with a little more assurance than before. She wasn't a child anymore, anything and everything she told herself she'd take in stride - that's how they do it on stage! With a spring to her step and confidence on her face, she addressed the meager numbers as though a crowd had gathered before her.

"Good evening and well met, sirs, madams, and others! Vie Telarosa- well, he's already introduced me. . ." She trailed off, frowning slightly. With a huff, she spun around, and waved a scolding finger at the pirate. "I'll do my own introductions from now on, yes, thank you very much!" Turning her attention back once more, she continued with a polite bow, "It's an honor to be performing the trials with you all."

Roland nodded at Kezine when Vie scolder him. Roland looked down at the little girl wagging her finger at him like a child, and it took all his power to maintain a straight face. "My deepest apologies, Ms. Telarosa, I spoke too soon. If you will excuse me, I must go visit my Friend-" He gave Kezine an irritated look "In the meantime I am sure you will find them to be excellent company."

Roland excused himself and found the stairs, climbing quickly and making his way down the hall, where he found a fae with crimson hair.

"Excuse me, which room is Ms Verity in?"

Kaeli looked up at the handsome young lad and smiled curiously. "You must be the seafarer," she greeted sweetly, raising delicate fingers to run along his scar. She had little boundaries when it came to touching. "Your silver-haired beauty lies just beyond that door, there on the right." The horned fae let her fingers linger over his lips. "What do you do on the waters, Mr. Seafarer?" Her silver eyes twinkled as her magic touched his skin.

Roland smiled nervously at the small red headed fae as she reached out to him and brushed her fingers over his scar. Several bad memories resurfaced, but a sense of... relief? rushed over him and he found himself saying "I used to be a pirate."

Why did he say that? He shook his head as if to clear it, and stepped past the fairy. "I uh, I gotta talk to my friend." And with that he headed to the door.

The fairy turned as he went, watching him with a gentle smile. A pirate, a beautiful elf, a melodious centaur, a curious woman with no appetite, and her own beautiful halfling, Azaria. What a group, she mused. Kaeli descended the stairs, returning to the main room to find her lover still lounging about, drink in hand, but this time the halfling's attention was directed towards a blue-haired young lady.

"Vie Telarosa.." The half-elf repeated, the words sounding sultry rolling off her intoxicated tongue. Kaeli stepped around behind Azaria and kissed her cheek, taking her empty glass to trade it for a full one. Azaria smiled up at her lover before patting the empty spot next to her. "Come," she said to Vie. "Have a drink. Eat some cake. Whatever."

When the door closed and Verity was finally alone again, she walked over to the bed and slumped down into the soft furs. A long sigh escaped her lips and she stared upwards at the ceiling. For the first time in a week, her muscles relaxed, her guard slipping away completely. Her body still ached somewhat, but the bruises were now a faint yellow. She thought about shutting her eyes and taking a light nap when there was a shift in the air, the shadows of the room grew longer and when she looked over, she nearly screamed.

Jumping upright, she glared at Sylas who had silently slipping into the room out of nowhere. "SYLAS! Are you trying to give me a heart attack? For the love of Adamine... you have to stop doing that."

With his arms crossed over his chest, the specter merely smirked at the elf's discomfort, but the smile didn't reach his cold, glowing eyes. Sylas, she noticed, always to seem to have a sort of disconnect with emotion.

"You seem to have assembled a number of friends since my last visit," he said with a chilly tone. Verity matched it with a defensive glare and replied, "It's not like i'm trying to. I can't help that i'm so popular." She meant it as a joke, but Sylas's eyes burned into her. She was used to his menacing nature by now, but it still took a lot of effort to not cower before him, even now.

"You're going to the circle tomorrow," he continued. It was really more of an observation than a question. A simple fact... with a hint of obligation. Verity nodded solemnly. "Yes. Roland and I, and a few others perhaps."

He blinked in silent understanding. Verity felt a little uneasy at the thought of finally facing her dream. Doubts of success crossed her mind and she wondered how things would play out... what if she wasn't good enough....?

"It will do you no good to dwell on the possibility of failure. You are a warrior, Ophelia. Act like one. All your training, all of your adventures and experiences have lead up to this. This is what you were meant to do." His voice was dark and demanding, those blazing purple eyes saw through her, blazed through her like a match on a piece of parchment. He knew Verity. He knew her skills, her fears, her dreams and her history. He knew what she was capable of doing and willed her to find power in his words.

Her blood boiled, her heart filled with a swirl of emotions. She wanted to yell at him and tell him to quit bossing her around and that he didn't have to be so rude... but she also knew he was right. She had trained. If she wasn't ready now, perhaps she was never meant to be. Of course she would giver her all tomorrow, she didn't really need Sylas to tell her that. But here he was, always the somber reminder.

Last edited:
Roland went up to the door and lifted his hand like he was about to knock, but held for a moment when he heard voices in side. He put his ear to the door and listened to the conversation. One voice was Verity's, he knew that: But the other he had never heard before. Who could be in her room at this time of night? Roland felt a twang of jealousy spring up inside and he knock on the door three times, very curtly.

"Verity? Are you in there? I need to talk to you."

Sylas slipped away with a knowing smile just as three sharp knocks sounded at her door, followed by Roland’s voice. He sounded agitated, but Verity was relieved that he’d interrupted Sylas’s interrogation. She sprang up off the bed and was at the door in a few quick strides.

She turned the knob and smiled at Roland. “You’re back! Did you get the reward money?” She opened the door wider and side-stepped, inviting him inside.
BugDozer73 BugDozer73

Roland looked at her surprised for a moment, and stepped inside, looking around to see if he could see who else was in the room.

"I... umm, oh yeah. Here" He took the coin purse and placed it into her hands. No doubt she was equally as happy about its weight. Roland scowled subtly when he decided there was no one in the room. Maybe he was just tired. why was he even jealous anyways? God he was acting like a child. Tomorrow they would be attempting to join the circle, and he was to busy being jealous over a silver haired elf. It didn't get much stupider.

"I can't believe Az brought us to a brothel.. This probably isn't going to be a permanent residence. We will need a place to stay in the city... I might know a place where we can go." He looked at her curiously, waiting to gauge her reaction.

The magi watched as the oracle fervently took her first spoon of soup and shoved it into her mouth. Immediately her face lit up with pleasure. Ali was glad that enjoyed the soup smiling as she went for the second bite, however, the spoon never made it to her mouth. At the mention of the sultry pearl, her face faded from delight to a blank empty stare. Ali watched with curiosity, he was well aware that the Oracle was capable of having visions, he wondered if that was occurring now.

"Tieve are you alright..." the magi called to the stunned oracle.

"Tieve?" he called a bit louder this time. Her spoon dropped to the floor clattering against the wood panels.

Ali watched as Tieve slowly regained her focus blinking at the magi as she returned from the void.

"What just happened? Your face just went blank all the sudden." Ali relaxed in his seat realizing that Tieve was alright. He forked at another cutlet, waiting for a response.

Purize Purize

Vie whistled as she meandered over to the cake, glancing down and practically devouring it with her eyes. "Cake, huh? No thanks. Gotta stay in shape, right? Haha."

-

A strong tang of metal hung in the air, a pungent blend of fresh blood and wrought iron. He hated the smell, to be quite honest. Unsavory hobbies or otherwise, it was a universally unpleasant odor, magnified by his heightened senses. War hounds, perhaps, but he wasn't inclined to such primitive boors. Humming to himself, he flicked his knife once and the frayed edges instantly realigned to that of a deadly sharp blade, just as crisp as the day it had been forged.

Below his perch on the pyramid of wooden crates, bodies were strewn along the cobblestone and the crooks and crannies glimmered a faint crimson under the moon's rising light.

Somewhere, out of sight, he heard footsteps. . . very faint ones, he could tell they were trying to be stealthy. And though he knew they were coming, he could not tell from which direction. The option was there to feign ignorance and to surprise the surprise-r, but it was awfully rude not to acknowledge one's guests.

"If you're going to hit me," Nezma called to the hidden hunter, tapping the forehead of his mask. "You better make it count."

The second Morrigan stepped foot on the coarse graveyard gravel she felt empowered. Burial sites always made her feel this way as she was closer than ever to the dead. The bleak grave was littered with a fair number of wandering souls, they too were attracted to the atmosphere of the graveyard. Evening slowly approached as Morrigan stepped ever closer to the busy gravedigger, her magic satchel swinging over her shoulder. Morrigan's mother Melinda followed from a distance giving her daughter room to approach the stranger.

Morrigan was now a few feet from the man who was currently digging a hole in the earth, "Pardon me..." this part was always awkward.

The gravediggers head swung around quickly as he had not heard her approaching, "Who are ya'? What do ya' want?" he berated.

Morrigan cleared her throat, "I would like to speak to my father," she really did hate this process.

The gravedigger made a confused face at the request, "what are you talking about, I don't know who you're... talking... about..." his voice slowed to a stop and his eyes closed. When his eyes reopened they were jet black, and his demeanor had changed. His body was more relaxed and an immense aura radiated off of him.
"Morrigan, you called?" the gravedigger now spoke in a thunderously deep voice.

Morrigan took in the tranformation, intrigued as her father possessed the man. He had told her before that if she ever needed advice she should ask a lone gravedigger to see him and he would use their body as speaker. He ever so fond of gravediggers as they were surrounded death more than most people. However, as he was a busy god, sometimes he would fail to appear leaving Morrigan to deal with grumpy gravediggers who thought she was crazy.
"Hello, father... nice to see you actually showed up this time," the demigod said with a hint of salt.

The gravedigger looked on with a stone cold glare,"Morrigan my dear, you know that I am preoccupied with maintaining the laws that govern death. Compared to that your trivial problems are... well trivial."

Morrigan tried not to look hurt, "I released a soul today. I don't know know if I made the right choice but I was the one I made."

The gravediggers face softened as he heard her daughter obviously distressed, "I saw. You know out of all my childlren I can say with confidence that you would have handled that situation the best. You are truly worthy of my blood."

Morrigan couldn't control herself and began to tear up, reaching out to embrace the smelly gravedigger. He had no chance to protest as she pulled him in for a hug.

"Alright Alright, enough of the waterworks I really must get going!" said the gravedigger clearly flustered by the sudden burst of emotion.
Morrigan dried her tears, "wait I have one more question..."

The gravedigger raised an eyebrow waiting for the inquiry.

"What are these two massive wells of mana? I feel so drawn to them." Morrigan asked.

Erebus took a second to consider his daughter's question. He looked out into the distance and realized what she was referring too. It was a rare occasion indeed for three demigods to be so close to one another. The god wondered if this had anything to do with the massive loss of life he sensed in the future. The gravedigger looks down at Morrigan with a smile, "How about you go see for yourself?"

Morrigan looked at him confused on what he went, but she soon realized something was off when two pairs of skeletal arms came up out of the ground and grabbed on too her legs. Slowly they began to pull her down into the gravel.

"Erm, dad? What are you doing?

The gravedigger smiled even harder now, "Were you planning on walking to the outerring? The daughter of death needs to travel in style."
Morrigan watched as the gravedigger snapped his fingers and she was pulled down into the earth. Everything went dark.

~~~Outerring of Aeredale~~~

Morrigan popped out of the ground screaming as the pair of skeletal arms pushed her to the surface. Her heart was racing as she looked around at her new surrounding. She was in a dark alleyway. As Morrigan rose to her feet she realized that the two alluring sources of mana were closer than ever. She slowly walked out of the alleyway and found herself in front of a strange building. It was called the Sultry Pearl.

Nadia heard his voice from above her, and she turned, facing the clown. He was dressed... well, like a lunatic. His mask was the same as on the bounty. She sighed and cursed herself for getting off guard, but she gave off no indication that she was surprised.

"I don't plan on hitting you. I plan on you being a nice boy and coming with me. You are going to help me get a nice little sac of gold. How's about it?" She smiled confidently up at the strange character, a small twitch in her finger as she felt a strange feeling resonate in her gut. Something about this situation, this guy.... something was off.

"Really?" Nezma murmured to himself, his gaze fixated on the point of his knife. "Well, by some strange twist of fate I seem to have glued myself to this crate, you'll have to pull me off."

He may have put on disinterested airs, but he was in fact very curious to know how this encounter would develop. Surely, this bounty hunter did not climb over piles of mangled bodies without a trick or three up her sleeves. But until she made a move, he was content with idling on his haunches, fiddling with the blade as he listened attentively for any movements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back