• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Realms of Nymserine: Main Thread [[CLOSED]]

Ali watched as the frosty-haired demi-god boldly stepped through the tavern's door. He found Tieve to be an interesting character. The Magi looked behind him to make sure no thugs, brutes, or bandits were following before following the Oracle into the shabby cottage. Tieve chose the table and Ali followed, taking a seat across from her. Ali was glad that for once he could sit with someone and not feel like a dwarf. The atmosphere inside the cottage was warm and homie despite being a Tavern. The scent of savory roasted meats and boiled eggs lingered in the air adding to the pleasant atmosphere.

"Yes, I come here all the time. It's like a second home to me," Ali responded.

A rather large satyr woman lumbered over to the table. Every time her hooved foot hit the ground the wooden floor creaked threating to give away.

"Ali! Welcome back!" The large woman shouted as she slapped the Magi on the back, "Couldn't get enough of Mama Gertrude's cooking I see! Oh... and you brought a friend too ?! Well, it's about time you stop coming in here alone! You want your usual roasted pork cutlet, poached eggs, and a pint of fine dark ale?!"

Ali forced a smile. The tavern's only waitress, Alara, was definitely his least favorite part of the Golden Egg. His heart was lifted at the mention of ale, but he considered who his guest was and decided to pass for now.

"Hey, Alara! Haven't seen you in ages. Yeah that all sounds nice, but how about we skip the ale today, water will be fine."

The busty waitress raised her eyebrow at his request, but the skepticism was brief as she returned her hands to her waist.

"Alright snake boy," she jeered as her pencil wrote out his order on a small piece of papyrus, "and you little cutey, what would you like? We serve just about everything. Bread, potatoes, pork, poultry, eggs, beans, cheese, greens you name it and I'll get mama to whip it up!"

Alara's unpleasant voice was starting to make Ali wish that he hadn't skipped out on that Ale.

Purize Purize

Last edited:
Deeper inside the Sultry Pearl, the fragrance of lilac wafted through the hall, a stark contrast to the musty din of the tavern front. Kezine found herself eyeing the strawberry cake but silently passed - she liked her fair share of sweets but she didn't have much of an appetite, courtesy of the generous helpings of venison. Watching as the fairy skipped past her and straight to Verity, she felt her brow furrow as a slight sting of rejection momentarily came over her. It vanished as quickly as it had come as she dropped into the cushioned seat, kicking one leg up over the other.

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm rough around the edges. Why am I even fussing over this? Stupid.

Shifting her arm onto the rest, she took the fairy up on the offer.

"Glass of water for me, and some apple juice for the elf," Kezine said with a joking grin.

*~~~Oo Verity oO~~~*
Verity watched Azaria with a faint look of surprise as she strolled over and seated herself between her and Pyrrhus. She looked totally in her element, more comfortable and casual here than Verity had ever seen her... making her remember that she really didn't know much about this little troupe she had traveled with the past few days.

After watching the dark-haired elf, Verity's attention snapped again to the horned Fair Folk lady who shifted over to them and began playing with her and Kezine's hair. Shivers tickled down her spine and she shuffled around a little in discomfort. Nothing against the lady... or Azaria's odd tastes... but this wasn't really Verity's scene. She did, however, perk up when the woman asked them if they would like anything. She eyed the bowl of cranberries had and nodded to them. "I'll have what she's having and a glass of red wine please." She gave a shy, polite smile.

She looked to Azaria again. "So, there are rooms here? How much do they charge per night?" she asked.
Zazz Zazz

*~~~Oo Tieve oO~~~*

The large Satyr thundered over, practically making Tieve's smallish form bounce with every step. The Oracle waited patiently while Ali ordered, still looking in wild fascination at the place, and the large Fae woman. When she asked Tieve for her order and rattled off the menu items, she paused to think, scrunching her face and wrinkling her nose like a little kid while she tried to decide.

"Do you have soup? I would love some vegetable soup with a slice of bread.... oh and some water too, please." She beamed a toothy grin at the woman and giggled at Ali's apparent discomfort.
Brendanfp Brendanfp

Last edited:
Tieve's bubbly nature was getting to Ali, it was infectious that way. Ali let a smile slip as Tieve pondered what she would be eating. Something about her was just so pure and innocent, she totally contrasted someone like him.

"Soup ?! Yea hun we got soup, bread too! I thought I might put smore' weight on them bones, but Nah soup is just fine! Lemme go tell Mama Gertrude these orders and then I'll bring ya'll children your water."

Ali watched with joy as the satyr waitress made her way back into the kitchen. There were few things that annoyed him more than being called a child, but for some odd reason, he didn't mind it this time. Perhaps it was due to Tieve's overwhelming positive energy or maybe Ali was just hungry. Ali looked into Tieve's moonstone eyes.

"So," he started, "what do think about this whole situation? I mean I know you left with me in the heat of the moment, and I totally get if you're having regrets. Just say the word and I'll send you back. I just... I just want to make sure you know what you are getting yourself in too traveling with me. My past is a bit dark and well I have a lot of enemies. I just wanted to be upfront and honest with you."

Ali looked away from the Oracle. He wasn't sure how she would take his comment. Perhaps she would ask him to take her back. He was just lucky she hadn't seen his true form. The Magi anxiously twiddled his thumbs.

Purize Purize

The redhead ran her fingers through Verity's silver hair, watching it catch the light. Satisfied for the moment, she let her be and giggled. "You elves and your cranberries." Azaria watched the woman over a cranberry as she ran her fingertips along the side of Kezine's face. "I'll bring you water while you think of something you would like." She briefly caught Azaria's hand as she slipped away behind the bar.

To answer Verity, Azaria waved a hand. "It's all paid for." She took a sip of her drink and asked, "Where is your sailor?"

*~~~Oo Tieve oO~~~*
Tieve thanked the waitress as she left and turned her attention promptly to Ali when he spoke. She leaned in, propping her elbows on the table and holding her head in her hands. She stared at Ali with mock intensity and batted her pale eyelashes. "Regrets?" A devilish grin spread across her face, making her look immediately more sinister like an Imp than a sweet little girl. "You know how badly i've been wanting to get out of that stuffy old library? I mean, the brothers are nice and all but they're all so bossy." She rolled her eyes and waved a hand dismissively. "I could do with a little adventure. They treat me like a child."

Suddenly, her face became more solemn and serious, her eyes narrowed, looking a little distant. "Knowledge and wisdom is my birthright. I know how I come across at times, but don't be fooled. I know a lot more than I let on." Just as quickly as it had come, the shade of her expression lifted and she was smiling again. "What I want to know is..." She lowered her eyes to the amulet that hung around the man's neck, "what is the deal with that thing?"
Brendanfp Brendanfp

*~~~Oo Verity oO~~~*
Verity widened her eyes at Azaria and the Fairy in utter disbelief. "Wait, is that a thing? Do all Elves like cranberries?" A couple dubious blinks later, she shook herself from her revelation. "Whoa really? It's all paid for?" She watched the fae leave and felt a little bad. "It's not on the house is it? They're still getting paid?"

She tapped her fingers along the wooden table as she replied to Azaria's question. "Roland? He ran off to get the bounty money. I guess he will meet us back here."
Zazz Zazz BugDozer73 BugDozer73

Last edited:
Azaria laughed at Verity's good nature, her voice a melody of thick honey. "Yes, Verity. They are getting paid. I did say it was my treat." She reached over and fixed a bit of hair that the fairy had unsettled, and tucked it behind her pointed ear. "You do have beautiful hair," she murmured softly before leaning back in her seat. To be fair, she had already had a bit to drink.

Roland heard the woman's voice and turned to find the familiar flaming red head smiling at him.

"This is your guild??" Roland felt a coin purse plop in his hand, and he looked back at the girl who seemed to be cowering before him. The entire room seemed to shutter at her command, and it left Roland wondering who she really was. Now he knew that she ran the most successful guild this side of Aeredale, and the aura now surrounding her gave Roland a new found respect for her, and the power she welded.

"I didn't think you based your operations out of.. I can see why you weren't so deterred by Kezine." Roland looked around at the group, mirroring that rougher demeanor from outside, but they all seemed to be assorted, like they had nothing in common: nothing, except for the fact that they seemed terrified of the smaller red head.

"We are staying down by the Sultry Pearl if you want to come say hello to the gang." He smiled back to Charlotte, still genuinely glad to see her.

Ali was stunned. He was stunned by Tieve's apparent longing to be free from the great library. He was stunned by her sudden and somewhat ominous tone shift. However, he was most stunned by her bluntness in asking about the amulet. Last time she had interacted with the necklace she had been rendered unconscious.

"Oh this..." Ali said as he put his had on his chest, right where the crystal lied. He wouldn't dare pull it out in this public setting.

"This is a magical artifact you see," Ali lowered his voice to a hushed tone, "and within this scarlet stone is housed a demon."

"An Archdemon," Zod corrected with Ali's mind.

"An Archdemon..." Ali repeated aloud, "I found it in a tomb that dates back to the Hallowed Exodus... but that's a story for another time."

Ali leaned back in his seat hoping she would be satisfied with that limited explanation. As long as he didn't have to recollect that bloody night he would be content. Ali found himself appreciating Tieve more and more. Perhaps it was her love of knowledge, sense of adventure, or bubbly personality. Looking at Tieve now she almost reminded him of Jasmine, his first love. The magi's thoughts stopped dead in their tracks. Immediately the magi hated himself for having the thought. He furrowed his brow. Ali made a mental note to maintain an emotional distance with Tieve. She would be nothing more than a travel companion. He couldn't afford to grow to close to her.

"Your waters!" The satyr waitress called as she brought two glasses and set them on the table, "food will be out in a bit!" She was gone again, off to check on another table.

"Tell me about being the oh so powerful Oracle," Ali inquired.

Purize Purize

Last edited:
Charlotte pulled up a stool with her foot and hunkered down as the pirate voiced genuine surprise, resting her arms over her knees.

"The Sultry Pearl, huh?" she chuckled. "So that's what she meant. . . I mean, I haven't been to the establishment before personally." Leaning back, she glanced briefly to the clock hanging over the reception counter, pretending to consider the man's offer. "I'm gonna be out again the moment I'm through the door, I've got a meeting to conduct soon. See those guys over there?" She casually pointed to the table Nidora had been seated at, packed end-to-end with thuggish, seedy-looking sorts.

"That's our reserve table - if Kezine came along, she'd be sitting there, too. Who in their right mind would hire a bunch of thieves and murderers, right?" As a server came around with a tray, Charlotte plucked a glass of iced whisky and took a sip - there were several more, should he choose to take one. "But, I believe with sufficient time and dedication, anybody can turn a new leaf." From her own table, she raised a glass to them in cheer. Some of them awkwardly returned the gesture, and others flat out ignored her.

"Eh. . . it's a work in progress." She shrugged and drained the glass.

From the bounty board, a young lady studied the layers upon layers of posters pinned very neatly against the cork. Someone had clearly taken the time to arrange them by class/pay, the low-end jobs on the left and the critical requests on the right. She was, of course, surveying the far right side with childish glee. With her hand to her chin, she hummed approvingly as she looked up and down the incredibly dangerous sounding jobs.

Manticore nest discovered on city outskirts. . . 1200 gold!?. . . Dagne would KILL me, but there's no way I can pass this up-

Rubbing her hands like an idiot and absolutely ready to take the poster down, her head suddenly perked up as the voice of the guild master reached her ears. I'll come back to you, love. She turned on her heel and waltzed over to Charlotte's table, hands on her hips as she surveyed the two.

"Ooh, who are you talking to?" The girl blinked curiously, walking circles around Roland and studying his tattoos with an avid interest. Man, tattoos are so cool. Maybe she should get one? Oh, but that might make her kind of hard to approach. . .

"Vie, come on. Give the man his space." Charlotte laughed, feebly waving her away. "We met on the road here, fought some bandits together. Oh, and you'll love this - he says he's going to join the Circle-"

"The CIRCLE-" Vie slammed her hands on the table and verbally exploded on pure instinct and half the guild patrons turned their heads, peeking over at the girl's ear-splitting enthusiasm. Her cheeks immediately began to flush a hot red, realizing she'd just made herself the center of attention. In a really, really embarrassing way. As if it were a burning stove, she quickly pulled her hands away from the table and stood upright, fake-coughing into her hand and clearing her throat.

"Y-Yeah, the Circle. That's, uh. . . that's really cool." She stumbled over her words, clearly having lost any opportunity to save face. The patrons muttered to themselves and tended back to their drinks.

Last edited:
Pyrrhus made a small squeak of delight when he saw the larger cake. Taking it from the fairy daintily. He picked up the delicate fork and began to scoop small morsels off the cake, fitting them into his mouth with the greatest care. He noticed Kezine's disappointment with the fairy's focus on their elven companion and gave her a small nudge with his elbow.
"Would you like to try it?" He held the small plate of cake out to her and offered her a winning smile in addition. "I can split it in half."

"I like this place." He breathed in satisfaction when the cake was done and Azaria fitted herself between Verity and Pyrrhus' thick, equine flank (still seated next to the bench, on the floor).
"I couldn't possibly impose Azaria, are you sure I can't pay?" Pyrrhus didn't want to seem ungrateful, so he didn't press further after that, only thanked her fastidiously.
The young woman playing on the lute couldn't stop watching Pyrrhus. He began to wonder if she had ever seen a centaur before.
"May I?" He gestured to the instrument. The girl looked surprised and then slowly held the lute out to him. Pyrrhus lay his equine form down on the floor, shoulder and haunch pressed against the wall and took the instrument, stroking the strings experimentally and fiddling with the tuning keys before beginning to play.

The song that poured out of it was a gentle, lilting tune. It reminded people of good times: of warm summer days, nights by a crackling campfire, or curling up with a loved one.
His hands moved over the strings with practiced grace and he closed his eyes, losing himself in the music. When the piece was done he seemed almost a little embarrassed at having his attention drift so far. He realized what a scene it made, a warrior centaur, playing so delicately, but the song brought memories both bitter and sweet, and Pyrrhus wasn't ashamed to admit this talent.

Melon Bomb Melon Bomb Zazz Zazz Purize Purize

Last edited:
A cloud of dust and gravel erupted into the midday sky. The pristine white carriage passed over a bridge and through the wall the separated the middle ring of Aeredale from the inner ring. The city felt very strange to her. She wasn't sure if it was the separation of classes, the overabundance of spirits and specters that wandered throughout the city, or whether it was this strange magical energy that seemed keep pulling her attention. Morrigan sat silently considering what had just transpired between herself and the nobleman.

"Do you think I handle that situation well," the demi-god asked sheepishly.

Her mother glanced over at Morrigan with the sort of loving gaze only a mother could provide, "Listen, hun, some people in this world can't see the bigger picture like you can. They live mundane lives and so they only worry about mundane issues..." her mother paused for a moment as if she was considering a though, "we should probably stop here."

Morrigan raised a slender finger to wipe away a tear, before looking outside the carriage window to see why her mother had proposed they stopped. She saw it immediately.

"Coachman!" she yelled, "Could you stop here, please?!"

Immediately the carriage came to a lurching stop. The two steads that drew the coach let out neighs of protest, "Here! Infront of the bloody graveyard?! You sure?"

Morrigan had already swung the carriage door open and was out of her seat. She stepped out onto the gravel road and did a sweeping survey of the gravesite. She smiled as her eyes came upon a gravedigger working the ground with his shovel. She glanced over at the coachman perched high on the carriage, "Yes, here is fine. There is no need to wait for me. I appreciate your services and tell Chester..." Morrigan suddenly lowered her voice to a low growl, "tell him that his time is near."

Morrigan and her mother burst into laughter as the distressed coachman road off towards Fairwing manor to deliver the ominous new. It was a lie of course. Chester Fairwing had not the mark of death upon him, but he was a no-good scoundrel of a man. After regaining her breath, Morrigan began walking towards the gravedigger eager to hear what he would have to say.

Azaria turned her gentle smile to Pyrrhus and twirled his loose hair around her finger. "I am sure, Pyrrhus." This was what she returned to Aeredale for, and she wanted to share at least a little piece of herself with her new... friends. Were they friends? Pyrrhus was her friend. Verity was her princess, her responsibility. Honestly, who would bring her to such a place if not the half-elf? She needed to experience more than just her royal upbringing and being on the run. Azaria wanted her to try her hand at fun. Kezine and Roland.... Well, they were there. She figured if Verity trusted Roland enough to not run off with the reward, so would she. Mostly. And Kezine... The halfling glanced over at the mage, biting her lip as she regarded the blonde. While she had nearly crushed Azaria's skull, she had also not killed them since then, and even helped them cross the river. The halfling supposed Kezine could have another chance... with a close eye on her.

The redhead returned with Verity's cranberries and wine as Pyrrhus began to play. Excited to listen, she took a seat in Azaria's lap. The halfling ran her fingertips along the fairy's exposed thigh, sipping her drink as they listened to the centaur's music. It was a happy, calming melody, and the half-elf found herself gazing at the beautiful fae resting against her chest. She gently kissed one of her horns, causing the woman to giggle softly and glance up at Azaria. The feelings between them were obvious, the suspicious half-elf's love, profound.

*~~~Oo Tieve oO~~~*

"An archdemon, huh....?" It was as she suspected. That thing practically oozed dark magic and vile intentions. She would guess it was sentient and melded with Ali in way that couldn't be pleasant. When he had found her in the hallway, he had been desperate for answers to end his misery... and she had been rude. She admittedly regretted taking her frustrations out on the stranger, but she was glad to be where she was now.

Like the snap of elastic, Ali became cold and withdrawn again. No doubt the amulet was a token of bad memories, she kicked herself under the table for bringing it up. A part of her wanted to help him. She had gotten a glimpse of something awful and horrific when she touched it. For a moment she felt the pain and suffering of all that had befallen to the evil acts of that demon. For that one moment... she experienced what the Magi before was going through. His head was a swirling sandstorm of chaos. She continued to stare at him shamelessly, searching for answers in his eyes. Unfortunately, those who were unwilling were harder to read...

She was brought back to reality once more when the waitress returned. She thanked her and took a few huge gulps of her water and the Satyr left hem alone again with the promise of bringing their meal shortly. Ali spoke again, almost catching Tieve off guard with his question. (Huehuehue... it's not easy surprising a psychic.)

"Oh so powerful?" She laughed, leaning back in her seat. "It's true, I'm a demi-god," she said quietly so as to not draw attention. "But i'm young in this life. I have much to learn. If I had stayed at the library I would start off my day being tutored and training with the brothers. I would be lectured about time and space and how my father is the greatest of the Nine." She rolled her eyes, her cheeks flushing a little in irritation. "As if they could fathom the concept of time like I do... but I listen anyway." She sighed. "In any case, it's not a glamorous life like one would expect.

Brendanfp Brendanfp

*~~~Oo Verity oO~~~*

Verity relaxed a little, feeling relieved. She didn't feel quite comfortable with this sort of thing, but these women had to make a living somehow. In any case, she was a sucker for kindness. She believed everyone deserved a chance at life and just because someone was different didn't mean they should be treated poorly. In this world... the strong often target the weak. The 'odd' are oppressed by the 'normal'. It was messed up, but that's just how things were. When she could, Verity always did the best she could to help those in need and stand up for the little man.

"You do have beautiful hair," Azaria said. Verity's eyebrow twitched and she gave the tipsy elf a side-long glance. Not you too... She thought to herself. "T-Thank you...."

Luckily, she was saved from an potentially awkward conversation when Pyrrhus got up and moved to play the lute. With wide eyes, Verity listened to his song. It's... beautiful... He's not quite like other Centaurs I've met. The soft music filled the entire pub area, turning the heads of most of the patrons. Verity couldn't help but feel enraptured by the lovely melody. For the first time since she'd gotten to the Sultry Pearl, she felt herself relax. She leaned back against the booth and watched Pyrrhus with a soft smile, appreciating the moment. Quietly, she thanked the Fairy and took several sips of her wine and munched happily on her berries. Is cranberry wine a thing? She blinked down at her bowl in amazement, thinking of the prospect. No... It was probably good if there wasn't verity knew she'd get way to drunk too fast.

During Pyrrhus's performance, Verity could see the fae from earlier get into Azaria's lap and they.... cuddled? Were they cuddling? and kissing? Verity blinked and looked away, staring intensely at Pyrrhus once more. Azaria looked really happy here, and it was clear she had affections for this woman. With a shrug to herself, Verity took another sip of her wine. Maybe that's why the halfling brought them here, to share her happiness with the rest of us. or maybe she just wanted to see her lover..... either way. Verity was happy for her. She looked over at the two of them with a smile and raised her glass to them, a silent toast to their contentment.

Zazz Zazz SilverFlight SilverFlight

Last edited:
Roland grabbed a glass with similar looking contents, and downed it with one swig. If there was one thing in the world he could handle, it was his liquor. Roland listened as Charlotte spoke about her guild and some of its employees, when a short slim women with bluish hair circled him. She was tiny but walked with confidence, and carried an ornate looking sword with her. She took him in rapidly, her eyes very invasive, and it left Roland feeling a little uncomfortable, but he played it off with a laugh and a smile. "I am Roland Stormblade."

Charlotte mentioned the circle. and the woman's eyes nearly popped right out of her head. She slammed her hands on the table, and all music and conversation stopped, attention now gravitating in their direction. "Uh... yeah.. the circle. It wasn't my idea really, not at first anyways. But my companions dream has always been to join the group, and I said I would do it with her. You seem to like the circle very much..." Roland laughed tentatively, still a little on edge of the woman's explosive reaction.

The flustered Vie began to mentally beat down her swelling embarrassment with a stick, knowing that if she froze up now it would only make things between the two more awkward than it already was. She didn't even have to look with her eyes - not that she had the nerve to at this point - to feel the discomfort radiating from the man like a physical aura. And Charlotte was, of course, unphased as she sipped her drink, silently challenging her wandering gaze. Just play it cool, just play it cool. . . maybe it's not too late to convince him I'm not crazy.

With a curt step backwards and her hands to her hips, she returned a knowing nod as if she hadn't just made a fool of herself not ten seconds ago.

"Me? Liking the Circle? W-well, you could say something like that!" As the words came to her, slowly she felt her natural energy bounce back - she shook off the negative vibes and beamed brightly, lightly beating at her chest with a gauntleted fist. "Your friend. . . I'd love to meet her there, then! It's been my dream too, ever since I was a little girl." She paused a moment to gauge his reaction before she continued, with a little less gusto. "And. . . sorry about that. Just now. I have a hard time controlling myself sometimes, I know it puts people off."

You're doing good. Act natural. I'm not a weirdo. I'm not a weirdo.

Vie put her hand out sheepishly.

"Let's try that again. I'm Vie Telarosa, aspiring adventurer and soon-to-be Circle member. It's a pleasure to meet you, Sir Stormblade."

-

Kezine set her empty glass of water to the side, snickering at Azaria's public display of affection.

"Get a room, you two," she teased, completely aware of the fact those two almost certainly will be getting a room. . . and then some. With any luck, soon they would too. She considered the morsel of cake the centaur offered her, mulling over how much she wanted some against how much indigestion she was likely going to have in roughly an hour's time.

". . . Bah, I'll have a bite, sure," she caved in, not being so greedy with her portions this time. Hopefully all that walking burned something off.

As he borrowed the lute, like Pyrrhus she gently closed her eyes and lost herself in daydreams as the strings were gracefully picked. Daydreams of a simpler time, when she still had friends she kept close to her heart and trusted with all of her soul. Friends that would never betray her. . . not like she betrayed them. When the centaur finished his piece, she opened her eyes and adjusted back to reality. Her, and a group of strangers she'd tried to murder crashing at a brothel for a night. That reality.

"You're a good player." Kezine leaned forward with a slight smile, pleased with his brief performance. "Shame you don't carry one of those around."

Pyrrhus smiled warmly at Azaria and her lover, as if the two of them together were the source of all light in the room. He chuckled at Verity's display of slight discomfort.
"Have you ever been in love Verity?" He asked, playing idly with the strings of the lute, plucking out no melody in particular, yet the sounds still drifted in a peaceful way about them.

His eyes alighted on Kezine as she asked her question, a wistful smile appeared on his pointed features.
"Oh I did try once, turns out musical instruments have quite a short lifespan in my line of work...my first lute was filled with arrows...the next was set on fire, burned with acid...crushed by a golem..." Pyrrhus began counting them off on his fingers. "The last one I accidentally sat on, and it was then I decided that my pay grade was probably too low to sustain the practice...but,"
He considered her in a mock-serious manner, "If that was a formal request from someone who would be joining our team, then I will take it under consideration."
After a moment he spoke again, "So, Lady Kezine...scourge of the highroad...why did you become a bandit?"

Zazz Zazz Purize Purize Melon Bomb Melon Bomb

Roland felt much more comfortable when Vie took a step back and recomposed herself, and he visibly relaxed.

"That's quite alright. I get excited during sword fights and the smell of Pelorian sound rock fish. I am certain the circle could use a girl of your enthusiasm! The pleasure is all mine, Ms. Telarosa." And Roland smiled at her and shook her hand firmly. It was always difficult for him to maintain his mana sometimes, the sheer ocean of its force sometimes tipping the edge, and he felt a small portion of his power slip from his hand and into the girls.
Shit he cursed himself silently, hoping she was unharmed. What escaped not a physical manifestastion of a spell, but rather just a surge of mana itself.

~

Nadia knelt on the ground and dropped the sword, bent almost at a 90 degree angle. The bounty had said he was powerful, but Nadia had not anticipated this level of magical proficiency. Clearly, her own sword would be of no use against him. It would have to be a live capture: not that she hadn't done that before. She recalled paralyzing a minotaur with a few well placed strikes and dragging his drooling form by the horns through town and into custody. She smiled, the memory bringing her some satisfaction. She rose and exited the empty building, stepping over the bodies of the knights, crushed beneath there own armor. She would need a plan..

Last edited:
Ali nodded his head as he listens to Tieve explain why she was so eager to leave with him. He took a long sip of the ice-cold water. Perhaps life as the Oracle was overrated. Hearing Tieve's ramble about the brothers reminded the Magi of his days as a student under Cheif Solomon, back when he would spend weeks and months learning magical theory and putting it into practical application. Ali remembered cold jealous stares from the envious students of Solomon, but Ali paid them no mind. He went for another swig of water as Tieve continued.

"Wow and I thought the brothers were anal before, looks like I didn't even know the half of it," Ali's joked as his head turned instinctively towards the smell of savory meats and steamed vegetables wafted in their direction.

For the kitchen emerged Alara palming a bowl in one hand and balancing a plate on the other. The satyr woman made her way over to their table before presenting the two dishes.

"I hope everything is prepared to your liking. I can't wrap my head around why you wanted breakfast in the evening, but hey good food is good food!" commented the satyr.

"Yah you could say we lost track time (no pun intended)," Ali offered a reasonable explanation.

"Well if yall don't have a place to stay for the night I recommend the Sultry Peral. Just around the corner from here and is dirt cheap. If you do end up heading that way, say hi to my sister Kamari!" The towering satyr turned and made her way to another table leaving Ali and the Oracle alone again.

"Prepare to have your taste buds tantalized," Ali said to Tieve as he forked the first pork cutlet on his plate. He bit into the slice of meat releasing a torrent of savory juices into his mouth. He chewed contently.

Purize Purize

The redheaded fae woman leaned up for a kiss, which Azaria granted with a content smile, before pulling away. She was, after all, at work. She was light on her feet and seemed happy enough as she stole away Kezine's glass, along with her lover's. In her absence, Azaria smiled at both Verity and Pyrrhus, sending a smirk Kezine's way. "Oh, just eat your cake," she teased, "and I'll eat mine."

The woman returned with another drink for Azaria, another water for Kezine, and a plate of a fluffy, layered pastry. She seated herself next to Kezine, breaking off a piece of the almond glazed creation. "Have you ever tasted moon bread, my lady?" With a playful smile, the fairy brought a small bite to Kezine's lips, tempting her with the scent of a freshly baked treat.

"My cake is finished, and yours. . . yours looks like a sweet second," Kezine quipped back, easing forward in her seat and absentmindedly swirling her new glass. In its reflection, there was another girl; younger, smarter, quieter. . . maybe not everyone changed for the better, but this was who she was now, whether she liked it or not. With a contented look, she bit into the pastry as it was offered to her and threw Kaeli a curt gesture to signify she's had her fill for the time being. "I have now," she said, taking her time to savor the moon bread's flavor. She wasn't terribly picky with her food but as far as her personal experience would attest, it was hard to go wrong with anything homemade.

Kezine leaned back into her chair and folded her legs as the centaur posed her a question.

"Not a bandit," she (likely ineffectually) corrected, pointing casually to Pyrrhus with her drinking hand. "Never was, though as you've noticed, I've been in their company as of late. There's someone I wanted to - no, excuse me - someone I had to meet. And that just happened to be the most convenient way to do it." She took a long sip and cracked another small grin.

"My bad."

- - -

Like a pulse, the current of mana instantly shot through Vie's body and reverberated like an echo - it was not an unfamiliar feeling, nor was it a painful one. In fact, just the other day she had experienced something quite similar during training. Hazy visions and sensations akin to rolling tides abruptly filled her mind; he was a man of the sea, no doubt - and if his tattoos were any indicator, he was one well acquainted with the people of the depths. But, something else nudged at her. Something she couldn't quite place her finger on. . .

With a vibrant shiver, she nodded excitedly as her body shook off the rogue energy.

"I've got more than just enthusiasm," she said proudly, hand hooked over her flexed bicep. "I know it takes more than a sword and wishful thinking to be a hero, and I'm ready to prove it."

"Once you learn to quit tripping over your own shoelaces, anyway," Charlotte added, a tired smile on her face.

"Nobody asked you!"

*~~~Oo Verity oO~~~*

The Centaur rejoined the group after his little spotlight, gaining some applause from the crowd. Everyone drifted back to their own business, indulging once more in their spirits and feminine company. Verity heard Pyrrhus chuckle as he trotted back over, making her look up at him. At his question, a faint dusting of pink rose to her cheeks and she looked down and away from the couple next to her. Amaury flashed in her mind and she shook her head.

"No... I don't suppose I have." She looked back up at Pyrrhus, offering him a small smile. She really could think of a time when she'd ever loved anyone in that way. She loved many things in the world and her heart ached for the family and home she had left behind in Shylanora, but that wasn't the sort of love that Pyrrhus meant.

Verity stole another glance at Azaria and the fairy, wondering if she would ever be happy in that way. Of course she had thought about it before, but it always seemed like a distant luxury that only normal people could have. She took another long sip from her wine and leaned forward, looking around the tavern.

"So, are our rooms already prepared? Are they just upstairs?" She asked out loud to anyone who would know the answer. Roland hadn't come back yet, but while she wanted to wait for him, she also had the sudden urge to get some privacy.
SilverFlight SilverFlight Zazz Zazz BugDozer73 BugDozer73

*~~~Oo Tieve oO~~~*

Tieve shrugged at Ali's comment, as if that was the last she had to say about being an Oracle, and grinned happily when soup was set in front of her. She thanked the waitress fervently and immediately stuck a spoonful in her mouth, rolling her eyes in pleasure at having a tasty, warm meal. And it was very tasty... She was just about to take another bite when the Satyr woman mentioned a nearby inn to stay at, the Sultry Pearl.

Lights flashed and suddenly the restaurant around her was gone. Images cycled quickly before her, filled with action and vivd color. She saw many people with magic and a variety of weapons, she saw them traveling, laughing, crying.... but everything they did, everything they went through.... they experienced it together. Then, she saw a burst of red and black... a sort of ominous figure with eyes that glowed among shadows, whispering silently for the blood of the earth. Then it was all gone. Like a curtain being jerked from a window, she was back in the pub. She had dropped her spoon, making it plop heavily into the soup and splash all over the table. She stared across at Ali, blinking like an idiot.

A strange feeling hung in the air, like a tether that tugged at her soul, calling her name. She could feel the static of power somewhere else in the city... and it somehow felt like kin.
Brendanfp Brendanfp

The redhead, Kaeli, giggled softly and set the plate down. "It's there if you would like more." She trailed her fingers along Kezine's arm as she stood once more, holding out a hand for Verity. "Come, I will show you to your room.

The fairy kept hold of the elf's hand as she led her up the staircase, lifting the edge of her open skirt so as not to trip and fall. "I never introduced myself," the fairy commented lightly, her magic teasing at their touching skin. "I am Kaeli. Who might such a beautiful lady such as yourself be? What could be troubling you?" Her voice was gentle and kind, her silver eyes alluring.

Roland nearly vomited his sigh of relief, and regained his composer quickly. Who knew that keeping secrets was so exhausting? Sometimes he wished he had never found out his heritage, but then again the truth was inevitable. Deep down he had known for a long time that he was different, from his core to his finger tips: That level of connection with the sea was unlike anything anyone could ever feel.

Everyone seemed to fall back into a state of normalcy and Roland watched as Vie showed off her muscles, causing him to chuckle.

"I can see that. No doubt you know how to use that thing-" He gestured to her blades. "- We will have to have a duel someday to see who is the more talented swordsmen. In the meantime, would you like to come with me to meet my friend? If we are all going to be taking the tests, then It might be a good idea to get to know one another..." He smiled at her, and wondered what Verity would say about eccentric little woman.

"Oho? So you think you think you can handle me, hm?" Vie challenged, dramatically flipping her hair back with a flick of her wrist. Her chest puffed out and her arms folded deliberately - you'd think she was trying stand over him, if she wasn't quite clearly a full head shorter than the pirate. "You might be the first person in the world to experience my sword techniques firsthand, so. . ." She stood at ease with a playful smile, hands behind her back. ". . . try not to blink."

. . . Well, second person in the world. Nearly her entire repertoire of skills shared some derivative of what Dagne had taught her, but now she was confident enough to call them her own.

"Your friends? Of course, I'd love to meet them!" she chirped, skirting around in a circle toward the doorway. "I was just about to leave anyway."

That was a close call. She was really about to take the bounty for that stupidly dangerous mission, now there was a convenient reason to excuse herself before her idiot brain changed its mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back