• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Realms of Aldaan ~Kingdom of Ironcrown~

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
ironcrown.png

cool peeps
Ghostiiys Ghostiiys Pandy88888 Pandy88888 mito mito

In the border town of Hartgen, you and your group have gathered along with the rest of the “volunteers” to begin the hunt. Around you are all sorts of people from different walks of life, the majority of which being human. Looking around you also notice quite a few Ironcrown soldiers lined up with their respective officers briefing them on the task. Hartgen citizens peer through curtains along the street, a mixed shroud of doubt and worry adorning their faces. Clearly this was not an uncommon occurrence.

The marshall responsible for enlisting those present stood atop an old wooden stage usually used for hangings. Clearing his throat, the lightly-armoured officer called out to the crowd with stern derision.

DsFsu7gWwAADef-.jpg
“As you all know, by royal decree, all able-bodied citizens that own a weapon must answer these summons to serve our lord. Last night, a group of slaves escaped our lord’s holding and disappeared due North-East. Our trackers have found that they are moving on foot and spending minimal time resting.”

The marshall gazed across the masses, gauging their reaction. A few shuffled their feet awkwardly. It was easy to tell the difference between the inept or inexperienced and the battle-tested warriors. Near your group, a tall fighter raised his voice to question the officer.

“If you already know where they are, what do you need us for?”

A few murmurs of agreement came from those around him.

“We believe the slaves had help. Our intelligence suggests magic was used to unlock the cells and blow a hole through a thick stone wall."

More concerned murmurs. Dealing with escaped slaves was one thing, but spellcasters were dangerous. The expressions of those present were a mix of patriotic determination and dubious apprehension. This mission seemed like it could go wrong quite easily, but everyone knew what disobedience amounted to: treason.

And treason very often led to death.​

Limon Aiton
DJ UwU DJ UwU
“Oh great, Magic. I can’t believe this, they’d really call us for something like this? Ugh, I haven’t had to do one of these for years!” He complained to no one in particular.
Ever the optimist though, he decided, “Well, time to see if I’m still just as good as I was before. I just hope I’m not the one who has to deal with that mage. Actually... He sighed, and started to draw upon his experiences as a manager.
Ghostiiys Ghostiiys
“HEY! DO WE HAVE ANY MAGIC USERS HERE?” He shouted to the rest of the volunteers. He noticed Janara, and, seeing her subtle ice theme, shouted “Hey, you? You look...knowledgeable, know anything good against magic users?”
mito mito
He scanned the rest of the volunteers for anyone looking like a mage. Veteran, retired, retired, someone who found a sword… blue hair? That’s a mage thing, isn’t it? He briefly considered being nice and not shouting, before remembering, No, wait! I’m back in Ironcrown, why would I be nice? “HEY! You with the blue hair. You’re a mage, aren’t you? What school are you in?

Jeanne

After having arrived in the capitol 2 days ago, Jeanne was instructed to go to Hartgen.
While she visited the local thallassy merchant guild in castle ironcrown, she was told that the town was a good place to look for job offers.
It didn’t take long before she found what she was looking for, and was forcefully drafted into a search party.

"Excuse me, passing through" she said, as she wormed her way through the mass of people.
Jeanne was wearing her poncho with her hood on, to cover as much as possible of her head, so that at least her ears weren't visible.
When she got close enough to make out what the Marshall was saying, she stood on the tip of her toes to catch glimpses of the man.
"It looks like we're going to move quite a bit for this errand, I better stack up on food and a water jug before we head out.
Now that I think about it. This might also be a good opportunity to get a feel for it and check out what this region has to offer while we travel to our destination
."

As Jeanne was engulfed in thought the marshal replied to a man nearby who asked a question.
We believe the slaves had help. Our intelligence suggests magic was used to unlock the cells and blow a hole through a thick stone wall."

"Magic? Hole in the wall?"
"perhaps I should have approached this a bit more carefully, and not have gotten myself into this job without knowing any of the specifics" she sighed with a pinch of remorse.

Suddenly she was called out by a person in fancy clothes. totally startled by his remarks, Jeanne took a step back.
In the spring of the moment all she could muster was a forced grin while clearly looking flustered.
"jeeez why would you presume that I am, I can hardly hold my own in any type of fight.
Please don’t make such assumptions
." She said while hand gesturing as if she was accused of committing a crime of the highest order.

Jeanne was well aware of her position in ironcrown as an unative species, it was of great importance that she kept a low profile and would not make herself known as a nonhuman.
"nooo! what is this man thinking. all my efforts will be ruined. hnnng!
ok, deep breaths. deep breaths. im probably just panicking
."

Jeanne took a deep breath and managed to calm herself down.

"I might know a thing or two about magic but I'll tell you about it under a drink or something. just please don't make a ruckus." she pleaded intently.

Ghostiiys Ghostiiys Pandy88888 Pandy88888

Last edited:
cloak.png
Janara had only arrived at Hartgen for a few hours before getting roped into a mass mob of humans, quite awkward considering the things she had heard of Ironcrown and the numerous towns such as this one that had a reputation for.. re-homing those of different races. Trying to lay low was pretty hard considering more and more people were gathering to hear this announcement. It almost felt as if she was caught in a net with too many fish. It certainly smelled like one.

Janara held her breath for a moment, especially when hearing what this iron crown official was essentially demanding from its abled body inhabitants. "Now why would I care about such a thing?"
she muttered to herself, tugging her cloak hood to conceal her face.

Runaway slaves? How could they get help from the outside? Perhaps the mages who helped them escaped tied to a bigger conspiracy, however, Janara was not interested in endangering herself, she was herself vulnerable outside of the Cryikk Wastes, always a moment from melting away, or so she felt that way. Regardless Janara did not even belong here.
Thinking about how to get away, her thought was interrupted by a human yelling like a madman around at the large gathering of people. Most did not even want to be here by the looks of it. The tension was so thick in the air from people just wanting to go home that even Janara felt uncomfortable being here.
Pandy88888 Pandy88888
"Ah? Well, I suppose a good bash in the skull would subdue any magick user. If you're fast enough that is." Janara wasn't entirely wrong, many times she had lost spars with her peers for being too slow in casting her spells. But obviously, it wasn't as easy as just a quick bonk in the head.

"You look like a fast enough little boy. Should be no problem for you" Janara had no idea what the aging process for humans where like, so she just assumed he was a child.
mito mito
Janara looked over to see him harassing another person in the audience. She seemed extremely nervous, and Janara soon became tense herself, what if he was law enforcement looking for non-humans to enslave? "Oh yes, maybe being too loud will bring about trouble.." she stated before looking around. "Perhaps I'll join you both, best to get out of here."

Limon Aiton

mito mito Ghostiiys Ghostiiys DJ UwU DJ UwU
Lemon internally sighed. Wow! I got nothing useful out of that. Hit them? Yeah, obviously, what else did she think I’d do? And blue haired didn’t tell me a thing about her magic, not even her school! It’s like those gods awful customers... He briefly reminisced on his career in food, although he stopped rather quickly to calm down. It’s fine, calm down, considering these mages’ overall… intelligence, you’ll get plenty of time to yell at them later.

“Alright fine, let’s go to a bar.” He semi-yelled at the two. He gestured them away from the crowd, and forced his way through the crowd to somewhere less panicky. Imitating an officer he once met, he assumed the confidence of a leader of Ironcrown, and didn’t even look behind them, just assuming they were there.

“Do you two know any bars here? I assume you’re travelers, right? No other reason for you folks to be here, either to or from Dacht. I know a tavern here, but the old man might’ve met Lunus by now.” He sighed in realization. “Wow, it’s been awhile since I’ve been here. I guess Rin really doesn’t wait for anyone, do they?”

He paused for a second, feeling like he had forgotten something. “Oh, I’m L…” Limon considered for a moment which name to give to them. “Lime, nice to meet you. Who are either of you?”

Jeanne

The knot in her throat disappeared after lime agreed on taking his questions to someplace else than the town square.
She was relieved that the man somewhat lowered his voice and took a second look at the person in front of her.

It was a tall young looking man with a nice haircut. Honestly, she couldn’t even tell if she was younger than him.
He looked well dressed, but not as well dressed as a higher class citizen.
Besides lime, there was also this other woman.
White hair, white skin and a matching outfit. What reason could she have for ending up in a place like this, Jeanne pondered.

As lime took the lead and plowed through the crowd. Jeanne, dumbstruck and still flustered, glanced at Janara before following after lime.

My name is Jeanne.” She said with a cheerful expression.
ehm, well I actually came with the intent to work here as a merchant,
And i originally planned to stay here for quite a while.
But, I've only been here since this morning so its true that I’m new around here.

If you are from this place than I would love to hear all about this town and what its like to live here.” She said with big eyes

Following the both of them, Janara felt some relief to get out of the crowd. Although she had only just recently arrived at ironcrown , its reputation was infamous as well as its ideals. Her kind was not welcome here and that alone was enough reason for her to leave as soon as possible.

"I wouldn't know of these things called bars, we do not have them where I come from. " She stated.

"In fact, I wasn't even supposed to be here, I just kind of got roped into all of this..."
Her sentence trailing off as she got distracted by the young man having a name called lime. Pandy88888 Pandy88888

"Oh? Lime? Your name is a fruit? That is very amusing!" Janara said with a heartful laugh, it made her wonder if all humans were named after things they ate.

Being so near to them Janara got a good look at who she was following. Lime seemed like a put-together human male, but he was a little too loud for her liking, and the fact he was in a place like this.. did he also hate anything that wasn't human? It did make her quite uncomfortable. And the shorter girl was hard to get a good look at, but her unnatural hair color did spike some curiosity, She did shuffle around with her poncho to conceal herself, maybe in that sense she was like Janara, that she wasn't human. mito mito

"You can call me Janara." She said to the both of them, Janara placed her hand on her chin in thought.

Was this an indirect confirmation that the three of them would group up and catch these slaves? Not only would it be incredibly inconvenient to have to do that but the implied dangers sent chills up her back. She had just survived a brutal attack on her tribe not too long ago, and now she would have to risk her life?

"How inconvenient..." She mumbled to herself. Biting her bottom lip, she thought of things she could do to somehow wiggle her way out of this. maybe she could just run ? Make an excuse as to why she couldn't go? Or maybe she could say she had a cold! However, she did feel bad that she tagged along with them. But she did not want to die.

"Does this mean we are a team now?" She asked, moving her hands around as to signal her confusion.

"I do not know about the both of you but this uh... "Volunteering".. seems extremely dangerous.." Janara's statement becoming a whisper as her apprehension in her words clearly showed.

Limon Aiton
mito mito
“A merchant, huh? Well, I really don’t fancy your chances against the big merchants, especially since you aren’t from around here, but I suppose you don’t seem that bad.” Limon, or Lime to these two, contemplated how likely she was to survive. It’s fine, she’s a mage, probably. He decided. “Well, I’m not actually from this town,” He admits,“but I was here, once.”
Ghostiiys Ghostiiys
Limon turned his attention onto the person he now knew was Janara. “Hey! It’s a perfectly normal name! How do you even know what a lime is, anyway?” He sighed, listening to her concerns about this mission. “Well, we’re a team now, unless you want to go alone. Besides, this ain’t dangerous, it’s just slaves, not the Drannids. And, well... “ Limon looked around for any guards, and finding none, he whispered to them. “The good guards don’t get sent here. They go to protect against the bugs, or the ruins. The decent don’t either, they get the good assignments in the ports, or Ironcrown itself.”

He eyes a patrol and attempts to look unsuspicious, and fails, as the guards stare at the two conspicuous foreigners Limon is leading. Not his best moment, he admitted (which is rare), but luckily, the patrol wanders off, probably because they decided this wasn’t their problem. Foreigners weren’t that rare, but of course, free ones were. His mind briefly pressed on the whole slavery thing, but, like the guards, he decided it wasn’t his problem. After all, what could he do?

He turned his attention back to the two he was leading. “So, Janara. Why are you here?” It was a bit suspicious, the Frostfolk don't usually show up in Ironcrown. If he was paranoid, he would suspect she was an infiltrator. Luckily, he only thought she was weird.
DJ UwU DJ UwU
Finally, he arrived at the bar. It wasn’t how he remembered it, but that was normal. It had been a good few years, after all. He paused briefly to hear Janara’s answer, and then headed in, and saw...

As the bunch walked through town, the crowd started to become thinner around them and a bar sign appeared in the distance.

Ghostiiys Ghostiiys
It was surprising she didn’t know what a bar was, even though she herself only found out about them a few years ago.

Oh, ins are some of the most fun places in towns. The mood is always cheerful and its mostly a place of banter and conversation. Not to mention it’s the place to be for getting yourself in-one’s-cups.(Drunk)

It helps that we’re not locals but be careful, the guys will always try to strike up a conversation with you. [Wink]

While she explained she got a bit enthusiastic. In a way it felt like could share this great find she made, to a person not from human society. As if it were a member of her home country for example.

As janara continued jeanne thought to herself: Hmm she didn’t plan to be here? I wonder what that’s all about.

Jeanne let out a chuckle as she listened to lime defending his fruitlike nickname.

Nice to meet you janara. I hope we'll get along. She said as the woman/girl introduced herself.

Pandy88888 Pandy88888
Oh I see, if your not from here, is there any reason why you came to this place.
She responded after lime answered her question.

Somewhat content with her new found group jeanne put in her best effort to come of as a respectable and capable individual, now that she was in this new place she had to build up connections for later uses.

Regardless of this she was mostly preoccupied by lime whom she was busy with, finding out what intel he could provide. She had a great interest in learning what the military of ironcrown was like, aswell as cultural habits of the citizens.

Oh I’m happy to be a team with you both.
As you said the more of us, the better our chances.
She said.

As lime adressed janaras concerns:
Oh. You said your not from here yet you seem pretty knowledgeable about the soldiers here.

(as soon as the group entered the bar the first thing jeanne did was quickly scan the crowd for individuals that might seem like they would be of importance, she checked for individuals that seemed most preoccupied and least interested in listening in on any conversation.
an optimal place to be seated next to.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back