• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

FearItself

There is nothing to fear
The Setting

In the Realm of Seraph many creatures magics and Kingdoms exist. However the fate of the realm itself rests upon the shoulders of a human prince and his companions. Hailing from the kingdom of Kaldos Prince Aegon has been tasked with a journey to retrieve an artifact which would forge an alliance between his kingdom and the giant lands of the north. Due to an ongoing war with the nation of Malgus however the pickings for adventuring companions are slim, all the legendary heroes who wpuld normally acoompany a prince on his first journey are far to busy protecting the kingdom. So he has resigned to having his servants place fliers in all of the kingdoms taverns, promises of wealth, land, royal pardons, and even lordship are offered for the services of adventurers yet in the end the final pick belongs to the prince himself.

The World

The realm of Seraph is home to many creatures and kingdoms. While the main focus of the rp is the kingdom of Kaldos it is not alone. To the west exists the enemy Nation of Malgus. Southward are the 13 Cities of Xathrid who are free cities united to fend off their enemies. East of Kaldos exists the great forests of the Thuin, tribes of wood elves who arent particularly fond of Mankind. To the north is the World Spine, a massive chain of mountains that encompasses the northern pole and while said to bear the ruins of the great dwarven empires of old it is currently the barrier between the Giants territory and the territories of man. Beyond the 13 Cities of Xathrid are the plains of the orcish nomads who raid all that enter their lands so mighty and numerous are they that the kingdoms of man have yet to make it that far. While the area beyond Malgus is the sea of Mystery a massive body of water that has yet to be crossed.

Magic

In Seraph magic is as much a cardinal forc as electromagnetism, gravity, and both nuclear forces. It permeates every atom and is beleived to be the source of all forms of energy and matter, it is for lack of better terms...God. However magic is not an entity or a being rather its a force and like all forces it can be harnessed. While magical creatures can harness it into powerful natural abilities, the mortal races or Humans, Elves, Orcs, and Dwarves can harness magic in the forms of Spells, Enchantments, Potions, and Blessings and curses. Spells allow the user to harness magic into powerful effects such as lightining bolts, force fields, concussive blasts, teleportation and a variety of other effects. Enchantments are more permanant and are usually cast upon items turning them into tools of great power. Potions draw the natural magic out of the components of ths world around them and apply its effects when drank inhaled or otherwise ingested. Whereas blessings and curses are cast by gods on the behalf of their clerics paladins and priests. While magic is accepted in all parts of the world it can be used improperly and magical offenses are very serious. Among all the magical offenses one can commit it is necromancy that is considered the most obscene.

~~~

Hello everyone. Its high time i started this story idea thats been stuck in my head for a good while now. The basic premise behind it is that the king of Kaldos, Yakkon, has just passed away after struggling with poison for nearly a month when an Malgian arrow found its mark in battle. His Eldest Son the sorcerer prince Amon, has taken the throne and prepares to launch a far larger and mire vicious military campaign against the nation of Malgus. He has tasked his younger brother and sister, The Pugilist Prince Aegon, and ________ with finding the Moaning Diamond. This massive diamond is believed to be in the dragon lands fabled to be far south of the Orcish plains. The prince has sent out fliers to find adventureres and thats where you all come in.

Im looking for between 4 and 8 adventurers who are willing to fill the aypical fantasy hero roles. Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, and Elves only please as every other magical creature is off limits. Necromancy, Demonic magics, legendary artifacts, Angels, and other such otherworldly stuff is not gonna be allowed as we are meant to start off as relatively low teir adventurers. All that said i do have a few roles that need filling within the story itself.

1- The Princess- Aegons Older or Younger sister either way age is no more than 2 years older/younger than Aegon who is 19yrs old. You will be of the same bloodline as Aegon and grew up with him in the castle.

Two Royal guards- One royal guard for each royal child. You guys will be playing Knights who have been guarding the Royal children since they were crawling around. You likely know them better than your parents.

Everything else is up for you all to decide in a sense if you have any questions please ask away.
~~~​

hmmmm, interested but I think my plate might be a little full at the moment. I'll get back to ya on that.

Ohhhh this sounds very interesting. Depending on what age you had in mind I would be interested in taking the prince guard if that is okay?

Just for some eye candy and for those who were wondering.

b6f40a2da2bab450ff7dc66618e5f0b0.jpg
King Yakkon- Yakkon was a noble and great king who ruled for a long sixty year reign. Despite inheriting the throne at the young age of 16 from his father he prooved to be a just and well favored king known as the Sleeping Giant due to a combination his staunch anti war stance, and his terrifying might in battle. Despite his best efforts he could not avert war with the Malgus kingdom. After they assassinated his wife and several ambassadors on a diplomatic mission the cry for retribution was echoing throughout the majority of the kingdom, he gave the people what they thought they wanted but the conflict has lasted for nine years now and has just cost the king his life.

f90d153cf49d643e964d13adf7cc6c97.jpg
King Amon- The eldest son of Yakkon once the crown prince he has just been named king in his fathers recent passing. Though usually very upright and well composed he has shown a worrying lack of mercy while on the battlefield. Unlike his father who specialized in combat and being a warrior, Amon has focused on his development of magic particularly in the elemental domains. With the royal families passive ability he has become one of the kingdoms most devestating sorcerers. Though few would doubt his readiness for war, his ability to lead the kingdom has come into question.

a2c097df7883d3064a84886b26c49648.jpg
Prince Aegon- The youngest son of Yakkon has always been the most laid back of his children always loafing around, shirking duties, and napping on rooftops. He can always be found with his three monkeys Shakku, Zakku, and Jakku. While its not quite accurate to call him a monk due to his lack of diligence and discipline, he is a rather skilled martail artist due to his expressing an interest in it at a young age. His Monkeys have also become decently well trained and will usually heed his call. While he is not excited for this adventure he does love his brother and is going for the sole purpose of heloing to end the war and helping to build his brothers reputation.​

Ohhhh this sounds very interesting. Depending on what age you had in mind I would be interested in taking the prince guard if that is okay?
Yeah thats perfectly fine. The prince is 19. His guard wouldve been there since the prince was about 4. So he has ti have been a soldier for at least 15 years. Perhaps a young upcoming knight who was selected with high favor from some lords and because they wanted the guards to have grown with the child as their duty the whole time. So if the minimum age for being a soldier in this kingdom is 14 (war times ya know.) That would mean...minimum age of 29 years, being a young knight would mean like 18 to 21 so maximum age of like 36.

Yeah thats perfectly fine. The prince is 19. His guard wouldve been there since the prince was about 4. So he has ti have been a soldier for at least 15 years. Perhaps a young upcoming knight who was selected with high favor from some lords and because they wanted the guards to have grown with the child as their duty the whole time. So if the minimum age for being a soldier in this kingdom is 14 (war times ya know.) That would mean...minimum age of 29 years, being a young knight would mean like 18 to 21 so maximum age of like 36.
That is perfect I was thinking of making him mid/end 20's anyway! Though I also have an old character that I would like to give some showtime again, but I am not sure if he will fit into the story...

Different question though: What are your postings expectations? (Frequency and length)
Also am I right to assume this will be artistic images for the characters?

The royal families passive ability is them lacking a plateau effect. They can basically grow remarkably strong at a fast pace but only if they are dedicated to a focus. This is the ability that caused the first Queen of Kaldos to have so many people rally behind her and form the kingdom.

That is perfect I was thinking of making him mid/end 20's anyway! Though I also have an old character that I would like to give some showtime again, but I am not sure if he will fit into the story...

Different question though: What are your postings expectations? (Frequency and length)
Also am I right to assume this will be artistic images for the characters?
Frequency is about 1 to 2 times a week and though id prefer like 2 or 3 paragraphs i can deal with just one if its nice and juicy and/or there isnt much material to go off of.

Also your old character...care to elaborate there may be a way to wriggle them in as at least a side quest character or something tis a rather big world were messing with and the chunk of land were on is about the size of Cali.

The Cosmos

Outer Space in the realm of seraph is a fascination to many mages, scholars, and those who can afford the time to gaze into the heavens with a sense of wonder. Those who have studied it in particular depth and detail know that the planet itself is at the center of a crystal sphere at least 100 million miles across. This sphere contains the Star Solite which the planet revolves around. It also contains the planet itself and its twin moons that orbit in a binary pattern around the world. Four other planets exist within the sphere itself each positioned at one of the four cardinal directions and through scrying mages have been able to identify odd plants and animals. However even a hundred mages together could not open a portal with enough range to get to one of these worlds so as of now they are only able to be viewed at a distance. The "Stars" that dot the sky are actually tiny constantly fluctuating and ever changing portals which many scholars beleive lead to other Spheres much like the one Seraph exists in.

Also your old character...care to elaborate there may be a way to wriggle them in as at least a side quest character or something tis a rather big world were messing with and the chunk of land were on is about the size of Cali.
I send you a PM to dicuss things more easily

I'm interested and i have an idea. Basically a human who is half fire elemental who can channel magic to turn into fire. Does that work in this world?

I'm interested and i have an idea. Basically a human who is half fire elemental who can channel magic to turn into fire. Does that work in this world?
The half fire elemental no. But channeling magic into fire spells yes. It wont be anything like manipulating fire with your mind but spells like hurling fireballs or javelins of flame, whips, tornadoes, walls etc. Spells will need to be really specific to avoid one person being an overall master of one element.

The half fire elemental no. But channeling magic into fire spells yes. It wont be anything like manipulating fire with your mind but spells like hurling fireballs or javelins of flame, whips, tornadoes, walls etc. Spells will need to be really specific to avoid one person being an overall master of one element.
Okay thanks. I think I'll come up with something else. Still interested

Okay thanks. I think I'll come up with something else. Still interested
Sorry to take the wind out of your sails but im trying to avoid magical creatures from being pkayer characters as they have different origins and afterlives and stats. Its harder to build encounters for an entire party of monsters. But also mortals in this world go to the same of two afterlives whereas monsters go to a different place/places which is relavant for later in the quest.

Sorry to take the wind out of your sails but im trying to avoid magical creatures from being pkayer characters as they have different origins and afterlives and stats. Its harder to build encounters for an entire party of monsters. But also mortals in this world go to the same of two afterlives whereas monsters go to a different place/places which is relavant for later in the quest.
Its cool. That kind of thing why I wanted to run it by you first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back