• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Reality Check! - A Multiversal Dnd Game, turned Aventure

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Supergirl did as the skimpy lady bid and hoisted the old man up as she headed back into town. At least my strength is still here, relatively.

“So what’s your name?” She said to the skimpy nurse, “you can call me Supergirl or just SG for short!”

thefinalgirl thefinalgirl
Riven Riven

captain price 3.jpg
Interactions: Birb Birb (Evan), Vermin King Vermin King (Mûg-Lûg), MysticPainter92 MysticPainter92 (Eden)
Aiken obliged their next set of questions, saying what he knows about the situation. Only the guards know where the monsters go when they escape, and the guard is more of a town militia. Someone has to pay that militia, though, so following the money will tell us who is in charge. Likely whoever is also in charge of the town. The creatures change shape and appearance for everyone who sees them, which is... curious. "They look different for everyone? Huh." Not shapeshifters like Double, but something that messes with the mind. Makes them see something particular to them. If they are as vicious as the man suggests, people probably see whatever it is they fear most.

After hearing his wife inside, the peasant excused himself, having told them all he knows. Mûg-Lûg asked for any ideas, and Price thought for a moment. "I say we talk with whoever is in charge of this town. They'd be the ones paying the guards and hiring the mercs. We-" he was cut off, though, by Mûg-Lûg, who had something more to say. The rat leaned in, and told them that he smells death inside Aiken's house.

"Death? As in corpses?" There were corpses outside that were giving off a horrid stench, which could likely be what he's smelling. But animals tend to have much better noses than humans. John glanced at Evan and Eden, then whispered back to Mûg-Lûg. "You sure it's from the house? Not the corpses out here? This isn't a light thing to accuse someone of, I'd like to get it right."

Mûg-Lûg

1593393270162.png

A groan escapes Mûg-Lûg, leaning back in to whisper

"Hmm.. Corpses outside Do-Do Stink-Smell bad, but I-I know I smelt Something Else-Else."

"Stink-Smell the same but something."

Cutting himself off the warlord Raises and then lowers his snout

Mûg-Lûg rapidly Sniffs the air and parts of the ground

"Yes-Yes strong enough to be smelt by Me-Me."

"Is-Is strong enough to linger past the Dead-Dead outside."

"What-What you think hmm?"

Everything about Mûg-Lûg's posture says that he is speaking from genuine belief

For now Mûg-Lûg waits on the group's consensus

Riven Riven Birb Birb jigglesworth jigglesworth MysticPainter92 MysticPainter92

The Abomination
9092C70B-5197-4D24-9980-E7B129C8EF0B.png

Stress:
◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼​

Well...... at least he had gotten an answer from the both of them, which is that they were apparently pawns for some sort of game, and they currently have a mission here in this town. He just nodded and said “Why would they want me..... a hopeless man.... to be a pawn in some sort of game for them. I have nothing of value, but if they want me to play this game, then so be it......” while continuing to watch the....... he don’t know how to explain this.

He decided to walk up to the man who was making his rally, and whispered to him “Greetings there.... I believe I am with you guys, and here to help solve whatever is going on here. If it’s something to do with these guys passing out, I would like to check..... but it seems like it won’t be a good idea if we get too close to them.....” as he tried to use the same sense of smell he had used in order to find the group he was supposed to be working with, now using it to smell the scent of the closest of the knocked out men. Their scent..... and heat signature was much different, and he seemed to pick up three more as well in the room. Whispering to John Conner, he said “Those knocked out men, are not truly human, those two, along with three other hidden ones are..... special.... I advise caution from now on....” as he waited for John’s response, while trying not to look suspicious.
P PopcornPie DerpyCarp DerpyCarp darkred darkred

1593396755890.pngValentine
As Supergirl carried the old man, Valentine dashed and found an empty table. She laid out her instruments on the table, putting alcohol, scissors, surgery thread, a needle, and some bandages. She cracked her neck and her knuckles, looking over at the old man with assuring eyes. On a towel, she proceeded to let it absorb some alcohol as Supergirl laid him on the table. "It may sting a bit," she warned the old man as she started to wipe away some of the blood, cleaning up the wound to make sure that more blood wouldn't spill out. She grabbed two roll of bandages and unrolled it, putting the dressings on the exposed wounds and wrapping it around with the bandage. "Sir, I'm sorry, but this will only be just a temporary halt to the bleeding. It would be best if you rest for now," the nurse says as she holds his back and adjust his posture, making him sit on the wooden table that he's on top of. The wound was very bad, and with the materials that she had, it couldn't be treated properly. More blood would leak out when the bandages dry out, but it's much lesser than the heavy bleeding than he had earlier.

She looked at Supergirl and responded to her question, "I'm Valentine, a nurse and a part-time assassin. You can call me Valerie for short."

Interacting With: Riven Riven PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

John Connor's motivational speech, though, might've confused some of the bar attendees at first with mentions of a "Resistance", alongside the... entertainment of Double-Trouble and Fluffington's playful antics against each other. But, it wasn't without fruit. For some of the people began looking at each other with nods and smiles, before looking up at the rally crier with small scattered claps. The two passed out individuals, remain unmoving.

The arrival of the Abomination making his entrance, the words of the elderly man of a desperate cry and warning of infiltrators, as well as the sudden moment of Mûg-Lûg's sudden identification of a smell of death, that came from elsewhere other than the pit of corpses.

Have triggered something.

Something unimaginable.

Something.

Inhuman.

"Let's put the music link in the Chapter name shall we~?"

CHAPTER 1: The Monsters Among Us

Necromorphs.jpg

The Abomination was right.

His impeccable senses of other monstrosities were unmatched, and his experience of identifying inhuman horrors and the wicked monsters of Hell, were proven to be a word of reason. But, there is one thing the Abomination didn't take note. Sensing of another beast, was a two way street. The very moment he had sensed inhuman lifeforms within the town of Blackwood, was like a sonar ping or a bright flash of light in the darkness, attracting every single moth to the source. As John Connor had finished his speech, and The Abomination mentioned to Connor of the sensing of inhuman lifeforms with in the bar. Hell, has been unleashed. The very moment his final words went through to John's ear to "advise caution from then on", one of the male drunkards suddenly stood straight up, staring at the Abomination with eyes that have been bloodshot red, veins on his neck, protruding like they're about to explode from the boil of blood. The male opens his mouth, exposing his teeth as he suddenly looks to the sky and lets out an ear piercing screech, one that causes Abraham to suddenly cup his ears in shock from what was happening. The shrill tone of sound was like nails scratching against chalkboard, but the sight that followed, was horrendous.

The man's mouth had completely opened, wider, and wider, and wider. His chin, dropping to his chest as he still kept a straight pointed finger at The Abomination, the upper part of his face extending upwards as his mouth made way for beastly teeth to emerge. Each sound that came, bones cracking and breaking as that lone still pointed finger began to crack and bend, the man almost seemed to get taller as his mouth had been spread open about a foot wide, his teeth, now a mix of human and canine jaws. His limbs began to do the same, extending and stretching as his flesh began to rip and tear, his bones making the same ear piercing sounds of breaking as massive sharp protrusions began to pierce from the palm of his hands, the man almost screaming in pain as he transformed. His drinking partner beside him, as well as some of those in the audience that clapped, suddenly stopped clapping slowly as they all began to screech and scream in unison, more sounds of flesh tearing and bones breaking as sinew began to open upon each individual. Each individual transformation, was absolutely unfathomable. One began to open his mouth wider than the first as his tongue extended into a whip, the second began having feet extending and getting taller to a close 7 feet tall, the third's right arm got wider and longer as it formed a long bladed arm, and the fourth had his transformation the same as the first with blades appearing from his palms. One, two, three.. there, now lies a total of five inhuman monsters within the crowd as they all had snapped and broken fingers pointing at the crew in the bar.

Outside of Aiken's home, Mûg-Lûg's sense of smell was also rewarded, with the sound of the same inhuman shrieking that echoed from the bar, coming from WITHIN Aiken's home. The sound of the elderly man crying in fear as one of the windows nearby bursts out with glass, the poor man being thrown to the ground as he can be seen with a hole impaled from his chest as he continues to scream in horror and absolute terror. The front door near, bursts open, the splintered wood smashing as an old aged corpse was thrown from the home, the very same smell Mûg-Lûg had identified. A barely day aged corpse, of Carmela. The sounds of footsteps can be heard from within the home heading towards the front, showing the same form of Carmela, but now, her jaw had been completely split open, forming almost like the mouth of an insect with four wide open petal like mouths as a long sharp tongue hang and dangled from within. The monstrosity, came out on all fours, but still reaching a height of about 5 feet tall with the extended limbs, as she simply stared at Mûg-Lûg and the group with the same glowing red bloodshot eyes, and screeched. Within the screaming, two more corpses had crawled out of the corpse pit behind them, the generic form of six feet tall mangled bodies with blade like protrusions appearing from the palms. There was now three at Aiken's home.

Nearby at the gate, as Valentine began to tend to the old man's wounds, all four, Kara, Valentine, Shane, and the old man, could hear the ear piercing sounds of shrieking. The old man simply begins to scream as he points at the town, yelling with pure absolute terror as Shane looks around in confusion, dropping his pulled back bow to look around. "No.. there's no way.. how can they... No..!" As Shane made his way back to see the upper perimeter of the walls of the guard stands, he simply stood in horror, staring at the sight that even Kara and Valentine can see. Where the old man was pointing. The three guards, armed with sharpened and bladed pikes, all in unison dropped their weapons and had transformed, letting out the same horrendous screech. "We need t- AAAHHHH!!!", Shane tries to explain to the two ladies, before a sudden protrusion from one of the transformed guards, a tongue whip like appendage, suddenly wraps itself around Shane's neck, forcing the knight to drop his weapon and simply scream as he brings both of his hands to his throat, trying to gasp and breathe for air as his hands struggle against the tied up appendage. The guard creature leaps from its post near the base of wall, about 10 feet away from Kara, Valentine, and the old man, to look at them with a loud inhuman screech, before making a jump towards the forest, trying to drag Shane in tow by his neck. The knight, grasping for any kind of grass, reaches a hand out towards the three of them, screaming with all the ounce of air he has left "HELP ME!!!" as he is continuing to grasp at weeds, still having his neck pulled more away by the creature trying to take him into the forest.

As the sounds of accompanied villagers screaming with panicked running about, alongside various sounds of slashing and blood splatter begin to follow from the shrieks of the hellspawn, Abraham dives into the bar stand and simply utters one word as he pulls out a loaded blunderbuss, giving it a hefty and satisfying chamber.

"Fuck."

The Cast

Starring:

@FactionGuerrilla as Gundalf aka CL4P-TP

thefinalgirl thefinalgirl as Valentine

darkred darkred as John Connor

QizPizza QizPizza as John Wick

PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss as Super Girl

Birb Birb as Evan

jigglesworth jigglesworth as Captain John Price

MysticPainter92 MysticPainter92 as Eden Strife

DerpyCarp DerpyCarp as Fluffington The Mighty

Vermin King Vermin King as Mûg-Lûg

P PopcornPie as Double Trouble

Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 as The Abomination

Last edited:
Double's terror at Fluffington being able to impersonate them would just have to wait; something even scarier came into the horizon. "I...think that's the thing we want. At the very least, it's on the chore list." They shyly wandered outside to see the matter, only to find themselves herded back in. Everyone around them-sans Abraham, thank God-had become some horrific creature, a collection of spare parts from living beings, pointing to the group. "Egads...Well, I don't know if our new bosses want us to handle things the way I'm thinking, but I'd rather not see if these creatures play with their food." They gazed at their group with ore than a little fright. "Okay...Who's good a good choreography idea here?"

Fluffington the Might turns around to see the horrible abominations, her Playful smile and transformation dropping, the little Eevee now standing at Double Trouble's feet. "Choreography? Nope. I can't dance. I have no Rhythm."

The Abomination
9092C70B-5197-4D24-9980-E7B129C8EF0B.png

Stress:
◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼​
He should have expected this, for two of the drunk occupants, along with three others transformed into horrible beasts that are comparable to those back home. This however, did not deter him or stress out his mind as he looked at the creatures pointing at them. Pointing back, he yelled out I fear no demon for the greatest monster lies inside!” as he let his chains out, his body becoming ready for the hardships ahead. He felt tempted to transform right now and claw these beasts down to their bone right now, but he had to prepare for his allies to get ready as well, and all he can do is stare back at them, with cold and empty eyes void of all emotion.
Riven Riven

Now Double felt a familiar soft coat between their legs. Aww, poor little thing...But Fluffington had faced gods before, so she couldn't have been that frightened, right? "I didn't mean like a dance. I meant 'Has anyone any idea of how we beat these guys?' I really don't like the way they're sniffing at us." They lifted Fluffington up with their tail, right into their arms. "Now, look, you horrific creatures. I've known this little fox for all of fifteen minutes, but if I see her hurt, I'm slaughtering every single one of you, and then myself."

Eden sensed that something was horribly wrong as Carmela's body was flung threw the door, letting out a petrified scream resisting the urge to run towards Aiken and Carmela as an excrescence of Carmela comes out from the home, screeching at the group. Eden turns around to look behind her and sees two more freak of natures crawling out of the pile of corpses behind them. "Can I just .... go home now?"

Evan
1593436767293.png1593436731358.png

"Hmm.. Corpses outside Do-Do Stink-Smell bad, but I-I know I smelt Something Else-Else."

"Stink-Smell the same but something."

Cutting himself off the warlord Raises and then lowers his snout

Mûg-Lûg rapidly Sniffs the air and parts of the ground

"Yes-Yes strong enough to be smelt by Me-Me."

"Is-Is strong enough to linger past the Dead-Dead outside."

"What-What you think hmm?"

Everything about Mûg-Lûg's posture says that he is speaking from genuine belief

For now Mûg-Lûg waits on the group's consensus
"... well.. uh... RIGHT, there are some.. outside aren't there. Huh... but what else could it-"

Evan didn't get to finish his sentence. Something, something wicked, cut him off.

Lovely.
Outside of Aiken's home, Mûg-Lûg's sense of smell was also rewarded, with the sound of the same inhuman shrieking that echoed from the bar, coming from WITHIN Aiken's home. The sound of the elderly man crying in fear as one of the windows nearby bursts out with glass, the poor man being thrown to the ground as he can be seen with a hole impaled from his chest as he continues to scream in horror and absolute terror. The front door near, bursts open, the splintered wood smashing as an old aged corpse was thrown from the home, the very same smell Mûg-Lûg had identified. A barely day aged corpse, of Carmela. The sounds of footsteps can be heard from within the home heading towards the front, showing the same form of Carmela, but now, her jaw had been completely split open, forming almost like the mouth of an insect with four wide open petal like mouths as a long sharp tongue hang and dangled from within. The monstrosity, came out on all fours, but still reaching a height of about 5 feet tall with the extended limbs, as she simply stared at Mûg-Lûg and the group with the same glowing red bloodshot eyes, and screeched. Within the screaming, two more corpses had crawled out of the corpse pit behind them, the generic form of six feet tall mangled bodies with blade like protrusions appearing from the palms. There was now three at Aiken's home.
As Evan had been finishing his sentence.. well.. indeed, something wicked came forth from the ground. And the window.

"SHIT- DAMMIT I THOUGHT I WOULDN'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH- ACK-"

Evan would have taken a step back from the now obviously zombified corpse of Carmela.. but there were more. More of these.. horrible memories, as Evan would have described them...

But, he felt something different now. Fear for a second, and a new sense of nostalgia for five more. This was a situation he had been in COUNTLESS times, and he was afraid?! Had he gone SOFT from being in space!? Well.. he'd like to think he hadn't. In fact he was now.. kinda excited!
Eden sensed that something was horribly wrong as Carmela's body was flung threw the door, letting out a petrified scream resisting the urge to run towards Aiken and Carmela as an excrescence of Carmela comes out from the home, screeching at the group. Eden turns around to look behind her and sees two more freak of natures crawling out of the pile of corpses behind them. "Can I just .... go home now?"
"GO HOME!? THERE ARE FOUR OF US AND THREE OF THEM, WE GOT A CHANCE!!"

He.. DEFINITELY seemed excited, almost happy. None could see his face, but his stance was that of someone who was going to either beat someone's ass or get killed trying.

".... any of you guys ever FOUGHT zombies like this?? Cause I HAVE, and they're a PAIN.. I mean.. if you don't know HOW to kill them that is..."

Meanwhile.. well.. the frog had already hidden behind Evan's neck again. It wanted nothing to do with the fight about to go down, especially considering its.. uh.. planet of origin, and the recent incident there.

Vermin King Vermin King MysticPainter92 MysticPainter92 Riven Riven jigglesworth jigglesworth

Mûg-Lûg

1593446478843.png

Mûg-Lûg watched as these monster's tore through a peaceful setting

Most would be horrified but Mûg-Lûg had seen far worse, it was at this point the Carmela Dead-Thing screamed towards the group

This felt like a threat... a Challenge

A test of Mûg-Lûg's resolve, These Dead-Things made a mistake

"WHAT-WHAT!!!"

Drawing his weapon and shield the warlord returned the scream with his own and shouted

"UP YOURS DEAD-THING!!"

"I-I WILL CUT-SLICE YOU-YOU UP AND LEAVE YOU-YOU FOR THE WORMS!!!"

Now the warlord's restraint had loosened, the death frenzy swirling around his mind and now he was ready to tear these Dead-Things to shreds without mercy

That is ofcourse... if these were anything like the ones back home

Riven Riven Birb Birb jigglesworth jigglesworth MysticPainter92 MysticPainter92

Supergirl can only watch as the guard-monster grabbed Shane and starting dragging him to the woods, and she made to move immediately to help him but some over worldly force froze her in her tracks so that she could only yell out - “SHANE!!!”

Riven Riven
thefinalgirl thefinalgirl

Abraham climbed up atop the bar, pulling out the blunderbuss as he held the weapon at his hip. "Listen up you freaks of nature! I built this bar up from nothing! And you all have no right to take it and tear it all down! So with all due respect.. EAT THIS!" The aged barkeep suddenly turned to the side, facing the first Monstrosity to unveil itself with the barrel of his massive friend. With a hearty chuckle, he pulls the trigger with nearly enough recoil to launch him into the wall of expensive liquor and alcohol beverages behind.

The blast of the Blunderbuss hits the horror right dead center mass with the blunt of it, causing the monster to scream in unearthly agony as it has been knocked down to the ground.

- Abraham has done 15 damage to Basic Slasher 1 -

darkred darkred
DerpyCarp DerpyCarp
P PopcornPie
QizPizza QizPizza
Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505

"So that's how it's done around here." Double gave Abraham a thumbs-up, then continued to concentrate. "These beasts look like they could come apart with a good enough physical attack, but they could easily snag someone who's moving too slow in those teeth. Would be great if our overlords gave us some guns to use, or..." Their ears straightened. "Are there spare blunderbusses?"

Riven Riven

John Connor
1593452509572.png
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Connor eyed the room and heard zombies of all creatures there appeared from the two men who appeared "drunk" when he checked them.

He heard the Abomination's whispers and frowned as he cautiously whispered back to the Adomination "..Thanks."

It was then John Connor aimed his Plasma rifle at the creatures who screeched making him wince only for a few seconds.

They just had to hold back and kill these hellish creatures for now, right? They couldn't be as horrible as terminators.

Yet at the back of John's mind, he growled, thinking to himself.

He was entirely focused on his Plasma rifle hitting something, he had hoped anyway.

darkred darkred darkred darkred
DerpyCarp DerpyCarp DerpyCarp DerpyCarp
P PopcornPie P PopcornPie
QizPizza QizPizza QizPizza QizPizza
Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505
Riven Riven

The barkeep had shaken his head with a coughing laugh from the recoil, inspecting his partner's damage, before turning over to hear Double Trouble asking for another weapon like the one he carries in his arms. Abe keeps a grin as he shakes his head. "Saitama here is one of a kind", the aged man replies, patting the smoking barrel of the blunderbuss, "This is the only fire arm I got here with me, but.. I can at least get you something!"

The man proceeds to dive back into the shelf of the bar, pulling out a still rather clean Longsword. Giving it a quick inspection, he pushes it back into its sheathe and tosses it in Double Trouble's direction. "Her name's Asuka, This here girl is still inexperienced! Feed her some adventure will ya!"

-Double Trouble has acquired: The Lightning Flash-

TW2_Witcher_Longsword_e4.jpg

P PopcornPie

Last edited:
"Oh, my!" Why, this prop was even better than a blunderbuss! Double never was all that good at shooting weapons, the kickback typically knocked him on his back. "Yes, this will do the trick! I'll feed her full to bursting!" With one eye closed, they gently slid the sword across the air, trying to determine where they ought to slice once they had the chance to attack for real.

Valentine

In the direness of the situation, everything was slightly tense. The old man's warnings made Valentine worry about an imminent threat that was about to happen. That was when a scream broke out in the middle of the dead silence. All around Valentine were humans transforming into rotten-looking monsters from hell. Looking over to Shane, Valentine widens her eyes in shock as he was getting dragged by his neck from one of the monsters. Holding the handle of her bone saw, she proceeded to dash like the typical ninja she was, her right elbow in the air as her left hand was completely gripping the bone saw on her medical satchel. The situation was not looking too good, but if Christmas taught her anything, it was to save as many lives as possible. Protecting the lives of the innocent is what matters most to Valentine, even if it doesn't seem like what she would typically do.

"Not on my watch!"

1593472678673.png

She proceeded to jump and slash at the tongue, proceeding to get cut off completely as Shane was free. I helped Shane get back on his feet as the monster probably felt that. If anything, she might have absorbed all the attention and made sure the monster was only targeting her. Some blood was spilled onto her clothes and bone saw, making her sigh as she will have to change clothes and rub them out if she can do her laundry here. Looking over to Supergirl, she raised her voice. "Keep the old man safe! Make sure he's in a safe spot by then," Valentine ordered to Supergirl as the fight against her and that beast was just starting.

Interacting With: Riven Riven PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

The severing of one of the monstrosities' tongues causes another loud shriek as it had backed off, reeling and flinging its half missing tongue appendage around and about as it came back out from the forest and eyed the trio of heroes. As it keeps its hungry and angered eyes at the three, slowly moving closer, the sound of movement approaches from another direction.

The scuffle of Valentine's assault to protect their quarry, causes one of the Slashers to suddenly break into a sprint, running across the catwalk of the wall as it suddenly dives from the top, arms preparing to make a slash for Kara as it stealthily lunges for her!

Supergirl was too busy looking at Shane to notice the slasher until it was too late. The slasher dived beside her, successfully slicing a deep cut along her arm, causing her to scream out in genuine and flabbergasted pain.

Kara had just figured out too late that she is not invurnable in this world!

Kara Zor-El has taken 7 damage!

However as Kara is damaged, she feels a sudden well of power flood through her as she instinctively flares up and yells in Kryptonian, ”you will pay for that abomination!” As her eyes heat up and roasts the slasher full blast, burning it alive!

guard slasher has taken ten damage!

Fluffington the Mighty stares at the most massive of the creatures, before puffing out her pelt to appear as large as possible. She stares unblinkingly at the largest of the group, with eyes that have toppled gods threatening to pierce into the Necromorph's being. If successful, the creature would fall to it's primal instinct to retreat from the predator before it, hiding in the far corner of the room.
1593476039222.png

"Oh my god, she's so cute." Double's heart fluttered. "Maybe I should make her my default form instead of my current one."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back