• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Ready Roleplay Starters! [closed]

Hey all! It's WhimsicalWriter, a.k.a. Whimsy or Em. I decided to try something different with this search thread. I've already got the characters and starters ready, so all you have to do is send me your character sheet and reply through a PM. You're welcome to ask questions about the roleplay first, of course! Oh, and if you're too new to send PMs yet, leave a comment and I can send you a PM first. ^_^

Allow me to get through some rules real quick:
--I am 22 years old, so I would prefer you to be 18+.
--I do not do incest or age gaps over 10 years.
--I tend to write between 2-5 paragraphs (so no one-liners please!).
--Have decent grammar and spelling.
--Follow RPnation rules.
--My schedule varies; sometimes I can respond multiple times a day, and other times I can only respond once a week. Please understand that going in.
--I can roleplay on RPnation or Discord.
--For these rps I want to use original characters only.

On to the roleplays! Beside each one I put what gender pairings I would like. My character is always A.

1. Delinquent x Delinquent (NB/F, NB/M, NB/NB)
A and B are delinquents from neighboring schools. Both are loners who just want to be left alone. Yet one way or another they have infamous reputations in the town and are constantly challenged by other delinquents. One day they happen to cross paths. They expect a fight…until they realize neither of them actually want to. They end up talking and bonding instead. Later, as they’re walking together, they get ambushed and easily beat their enemies together. Afterward they agree to keep in touch and go home. The next day, they are immediately called to their respective principals’ offices and accused of desecrating the school statues. A and B team up to find out who actually did it and clear their names.

Zachariah Wudo

Height: 5'6

Not shown in picture: dyed teal hair; ebony skin tone; pierced ears and tongue

Usual outfit features: Classy with an edge, boots, skinny jeans or skirts, monochrome schemes

Personality: Despite being quick-witted and creative, Zach rarely uses their skills to further their work/school career. As long as they can get by, that's all they care about. They'd much rather spend time exploring abandoned places or perched somewhere playing a game on their phone. Their intelligence shows the most when they're pulling elaborate pranks.

How they interact with others all depends on what the person has done; if the person is neither friend nor foe, then Zach will be indifferent but polite. Friends receive their utmost loyalty, and foes should watch their backs. They are a huge believer in revenge and will remember if someone has made even the slightest insult to them. And, considering how creative they can get, there's no telling what that revenge will be. In general they also have difficulty working with others due to their extremely independent nature.

Fun facts: -They carry two cell phones on them at all times.
-They really aren't much of a fighter, but they'll fight if necessary. Instead of taking or throwing hits straight on, Zach prefers to dodge, use anything in reach as a makeshift weapon, and wait for an opening.​

“You’ll regret this, Wudo—oof!”

A boot heel to the sternum cut off the rough-looking student. Groaning, he lay on the ground beside two other winded students.

Zach lifted their foot off and sighed. “I told you earlier I didn’t want to fight. I’m not even strong; you guys are just dumbasses.” They dropped a textbook, which was dented slightly in one corner. When it landed on the concrete with a heavy thump, the boys flinched.

Zach rolled their eyes and walked away. These fights had been happening more often lately: students from both high schools would approach, demand to fight with the “Delinquent Mastermind,” and just start throwing punches.

“I humiliate my school’s biggest bully, and suddenly I’m the top delinquent of Brookside High school,” they muttered. Running a hand through their distinctive teal hair, they considered dying it. Maybe less people would recognize them.

A walk by the river sounded like a nice way to unwind. Few people would be down there due to the mild fall weather, and it wasn’t too far from here. Humming, Zach pulled out an iPhone to check game notifications. They’d mastered the art of looking at a phone while walking, but a couple older passersby looked annoyed regardless.

Upon reaching the riverbank they put the phone away to watch the water. It was then they noticed someone sitting near the water’s edge and god dammit they knew who that was.

The top delinquent of Brookside’s rival school, and who had also noticed Zach’s presence.

Better expect the worst. Acting casual but ready to fight at a moment’s notice, Zach gave a nonchalant wave. “Should I bother with pleasantries, or are you going to skip straight to the fight?"

~~~~~~~

2. Otaku x Otaku (F/F)
In a high school there are two otakus, A and B, who wear their titles with pride. They aren't afraid to broadcast their love for anime and video games, and due to that they have a begrudging respect for each other. But that's the thing--it's only a begrudging respect, and they're more rivals than anything. Due to something that happened in the past or them just plain not getting along, the two always end up in heated arguments. However, when A wants to start an anime club, she realizes she can't do it alone, and there is no one more suited to help than her rival. Bonus: Later on another plot point can be them trying to make a visual novel together.

Vivianne Brenwood

Height: 5’4

Usual outfit features: Floral, flowy, skirts, anime accessories, hats, (don't worry she doesn't actually wear a witch outfit like in the picture lol)

Personality: Wise and understanding, Vivianne is often mistaken for being older than she is because of her motherly demeanor. She rarely opens up about her own feelings or hardships, preferring to avoid bothering anyone else. Due to that fact she sometimes seems distant and hard to get close to. She is extremely open-minded, even toward things she may not understand, and tries her best to not judge others. She has a mischievous side that no one would expect.

She's kind to nearly everyone...only those who have truly pissed her off are the exception. Her rival, a fellow otaku, is one of those exceptions. While Vivianne adores romance and slice of life anime, she'll branch out and watch other genres sometimes. She's completely unashamed of her "anime nerd" status.

Fun facts: -She has an older brother and a younger brother.

-She loves to collect key chains of her favorite characters.​

“Oh Gerooome, could you—”

“No.”

Vivianne huffed and dropped the too-sweet tone. Resting her elbows on the small cafeteria table, she glanced down at the PS Vita in her friend’s hands. He was probably playing through another JRPG.

Gerome paused his game to look up at her. Under the cheap fluorescent lights, his blond roots were even more noticeable among his dyed black hair. “She’s not going to agree if I ask her. And I’m shit at convincing people, so don’t think I can change her mind.”

“But she’s our last chance, as much as I hate to admit it,” she muttered. The anime club couldn’t get off the ground without at least three officers and she had begged everyone she could think of. Everyone was either not interested in the responsibility or was too busy. That left her with her last resort—asking her rival.

She took a deep breath and steeled her resolve. She had to do this. After a half-hearted encouragement from Gerome, Vivianne walked to the other side of the cafeteria. She found her rival and stopped by her table.

Be nice, be nice, she reminded herself. It was only with the other girl that she had difficulty keeping her composure. Clasping her hands together, she plastered on a smile. “Hey…did you see the newest episode of Boku no Hero last night?”

~~~~~~~

3. Knight x Healer (M/M)
Two kingdoms are at war. A is a powerful knight, renowned for his skills and the many battles he has won. He is known throughout the lands as the mighty “Victory's Consort," and he has caused great trouble for the enemy. However, he isn’t actually invincible, a fact that his own army seems to forget. Several times he was thrown into a harsh battle and expected to win mostly by himself. Meanwhile, on the enemy lines, a healer, B, is becoming fed up. Healers are rare, invaluable resources. Despite that, magic is often misunderstood and even despised by non-magic users. B works his hardest to help the soldiers, yet they harass him and take him for granted.

Then comes the fiercest battle of A’s life, and it just so happens that B is on the opposing army. During the battle B is knocked out and, by some miracle, isn’t trampled by his fellow soldiers. A barely manages to defeat B's side with the last of his strength. Gravely injured, A collapses and waits for death. B wakes and, after realizing what happened, gets an idea. He heals A and then uses forbidden curse magic to bind A to him—meaning that B can give A orders, and A can’t refuse. Now with such a powerful person at his side, B sets out. Whether B wants to prove his use, get revenge, or some other thing, is up to you to decide!

Doran Dragmir

Height: 5’11

Not shown in picture: scar that spans from cheekbone to jaw

Usual outfit features: Plate armor, high quality tunics

Personality: Doran is strict, both to himself and others. He has admirable discipline and keeps his emotions under control. While he is great in combat, he isn’t afraid to stoop to unconventional strategies either. A win is a win. While not anti-social, he often listens to conversations rather than contributing. Teaching is an exception; he’s patient and will give praise where it’s due. He can also have a sarcastic streak when he’s in a playful mood.

He goes to great lengths to upkeep his appearance; he despises dirty clothes, religiously cuts his hair, and never lets stubble grow out. He always prepares for the worst, as he's had to deal with so many worst-case scenarios before, and due to that he's rather pessimistic. He's close to few people.

Fun facts: -Most animals don't like him. He has no idea why, and he is secretly sad about this fact.
-He hasn't properly relaxed in a long time, but when he does he likes open fields and swimming.​

Back leaning heavily against a tree, Doran pressed a shaking hand to the deep wound in his abdomen. Crimson leaked through his fingers. Not that it mattered; gashes and bruises littered his body, and covering one wound wasn’t going to stop the inevitable.

His sword slipped from his other hand. It had done its job well. Doran was the only man standing from either army.

His lungs ached from pained, gasping breaths. When he gave in to his knees’ trembling and slid to the ground, blood painted the bark where he’d pressed against it.

With blurring vision he observed the battlefield. Bodies strewn across the ground, arms and heads separate from their owners, grass soaked red. It was a horrific sight, one he’d seen countless times before. He’d join the corpse count soon too.

He was so,so tired. Calm acceptance washed over him. He had expected this result from the beginning of the battle. His king and commanders had been too dependent on him, the “Victory’s Consort,” for a while now. They decreased Doran’s army, sent less and less supplies, offered lower quality equipment…they believed he could manage victory no matter the circumstances, so why waste good things on him? But Doran was very much human, a fact people seemed to forget, and he could fight the odds for only so long.

Something moved in the distance. An animal? No, it was too tall. A person, then. He must not have defeated everyone after all.

His eyes closed. Consciousness began to drift away. It didn’t matter if he died by someone’s hand; the blood loss would take him if the person didn’t, anyway.

4. Detective x Detective (M/F)
A is an incredible detective who recently broke his arm. So the police chief hired B, a detective from out of town, to help him out. But with how corrupt the police department has become, A wonders how much he can really trust B. (You can decide whether B is innocent or really is spying on A.)

Delaney Brigandi

Delaney.jpg

Height: 6'2

Appearance: some lean muscle; thick wavy brown hair; brown eyes

Usual Outfit Features: wrinkled button ups, sweaters, worn comfy jackets, accessories made by his daughter

Personality: While he defaults to a serious demeanor, he's a nice enough guy, if cynical and often tired of the world's bullshit. He's respectful unless given reason not to be, and he's a believer in giving others frequent praise. When given a task, he will complete it. He'll throw all his concentration into even the small things, like walking somebody's dog. His determination is a double-edged sword, however; sometimes he'll neglect himself in order to finish the job.

Being a detective, he has impressive analyzing skills. However, he's also quite the actor--he can flawlessly adopt a different personality if he thinks it'll help him gather information. His mind is constantly going, and when he's obsessed with a case, he won't hesitate to push the lines of what's legal.

Fun Facts:
-He takes way more naps than is probably healthy. (His shit sleeping schedule doesn't help.)
-He gains bad habits (constantly popping fingers, picking at nails, pulling at threads on clothes) easily. It's like when he gets over one habit, it's replaced by another.

“Or he could have gotten the supplies through an underground trade. Regardless it’s not on any traceable records—“

“You’ve looked though all those files already?! Jesus, Delaney, it’s four in the morning. You’re lucky I’m on night shift. Have you slept?”

“...I took a thirty minute nap.”

“You have a broken arm. You’re supposed to be resting! Plus you have to meet your new partner at seven. We can talk later, so please try to get some sleep.”

With the call ended, Delaney sighed and leaned back on the couch. There was so much to do, and he didn’t dare delegate his work to someone else. He trusted few people in the increasingly corrupt Brookville Police Department. To top it all off, they’d forced him to accept a partner while he recovered since he refused to take time off.

He glanced down at cast. Maybe he should rest. Yet, even as he thought that, he knew it was unlikely.

Delaney managed to get two hours of sleep. Better than nothing. He arrived at the police department a few minutes before seven and went straight to the police chief’s office, where his new partner should be waiting.

5. Crime Lord x Solo Thief (M/F, M/M, M/NB)
A is a crime lord who has a big plan, but he knows it'll take a different skill set than what his own underlings have. So A leaks rumors about a treasure he owns, which draws B, an infamous thief, in. Here's the thing: B knows it's a trap, but they go anyway because they know A really does have a treasure hidden somewhere else. So B lets A capture them and they make a deal: B will help with this big plan if A lets them have the real treasure after.

Royce Adams

Royce.jpg

Height: 5'11

Appearance: sandy blond hair; lime green eyes; "medium" Caucasian skin tone; usually has stubble; slightly broader than average and has muscle

Usual Outfit Features: Button ups with the top buttons undone; blazers; watches

Personality: If you looked up adrenaline junkie in the dictionary, you’d see Royce as an example. He unabashedly enjoys his power as a crime lord and uses it to his advantage. Royce is brilliant at business/money matters and making connections. Too bad he wastes a lot of his potential by dragging his underlings into needless danger. He upholds few rules beyond obey my orders and don’t harm the helpless.

He speaks bluntly with everyone. Teasing is also common, although he won’t seriously insult someone until they’ve slighted him. He’s also a friendly extrovert—or at least his version of friendly—and doesn’t mind helping people out. But if you impede his fun, you’ll be lucky to get away unscathed.

Fun Facts: -To his chagrin, he's rather clumsy.
-Receiving generic compliments just boosts his ego; however, if you give him a compliment that’s unique or took thought, you’ll fluster him.​

Water rushed out of the faucet and rinsed Royce’s bloody knuckles. Humming a popular metal song, he delicately cleansed the broken skin. Once done he turned off the faucet, patted it dry with a rag, and held his hand up to the light.

The sparring match with his guard hadn’t left him unscathed, buyback God was punching someone’s jaw satisfying.

Speak of the devil: the same guard, sporting a swelling bruise, stopped in the bathroom doorway. “I think there’s an intruder heading for the trap.”

Royce knee this particular thief couldn’t resist the rumors of him having a gold, gem inlaid Egyptian pharaoh headdress. Currently it resided inside his personal safe in his home. Whether the thief fell for the fake or not didn’t matter; he had just wanted to lure them here so he could make a deal with them.

Royce grinned. “Let’s go greet our guest, shall we?”

6. Team Skull Grunt x Nurse (F/M)
Team Skull are known as misfits and troublemakers, so it’s no wonder that the police insist nurses don’t help them. B has just finished his nurse training but can’t find a job opening. While traveling to yet another island he comes across A, a Team Skull member with a severely injured Pokemon. Even though B knows he's not supposed to, B helps them. A mentions that Team Skull needs a healer and, although B has reservations about it, B decides to take her up on the offer. But of course B has no idea what he's really getting into when it comes to Team Skull shenanigans.

Chikaze Kurata

girl 4.jpg

Height: 5'3

Appearance: choppy, ear-length black hair;

Usual Outfit Features:

Personality: Chikaze brims with confidence from her unfiltered speech to her laid back approach in serious situations. As a lover of dark humor she will unapologetically crack jokes during tense events, and no one is safe from the occasional jab. She enjoys taking on challenges just to test her own abilities, especially since her years of trying out various sports have left her with flexibility and speed to spare. But if she wants nothing to do with an issue, she will flat out leave and refuse to acknowledge the problem or topic. Her other method of coping is to detach herself and become apathetic to everyone and anything around her.

She is loyal to and loves her teammates, but she's not afraid to admit that most of them are a bunch of numbskulls (ha).

Fun Facts: -
-

Chikaze quickly dove her hands under a dangerously swaying, hovering Vikavolt. She then guided her to the ground—if the 100 pound Pokemon suddenly dropped, it would be a messy landing, so best to help her out of the air now.

It was easier to see the full extent of the Vikavolt’s injuries now. Worry twisted Chikaze’s stomach, but she kept it off her face.

“I’ll figure something out, Zoe,” she reassured.

Zoe gave an apologetic metallic buzz. Scuffs covered her head, and her right mandible had a concerning dent. Blood oozed from a gash in her abdomen. Sagging with exhaustion, she settled into the grass.

She needed medical aid, and soon. But police had been discouraging nurses from helping Team Skull Pokemon, and Po Town was still several miles away.

Maybe she could wait for an unsuspecting trainer to walk by and threaten them for potions. Or coerce a Pokemart employee to sell her something.

She was so lost in thought she didn’t notice someone approaching from behind until he was only a meter away. Her muscles tensed, but her expression remained cool as she turned to look at him.

7. Vampire x Werewolf (F/F)
In a big city, both a vampire coven and a werewolf pack live. A is the current head vampire, and B is the pack leader. Naturally, tensions are always high between the two groups, and the rules are taken very seriously. One day a werewolf drunkenly stumbles across the border, which is against the rules. A captures him and waits for B to come pick him up. After B arrives, however, hunters attack. B has more experience with handling hunters; thus A has no choice but to work together with her to escape.

Alejandra Valleja-Ramos
Alejandra (2).jpg

Height: 6'0

Appearance: bronze skin; auburn hair; golden brown eyes; toned muscles (especially the biceps)

Usual Outifts: windbreaker jackets, tank tops, yoga pants

Personality: She comes off as gruff due to her curt, sometimes harsh speech. However, she’s surprisingly good at dealing with other people’s moods and calming them down. Outspoken about what she wants, Alejandra never hesitates to speak her mind. She automatically takes charge of situations, and she dislikes when someone tries to take leadership from her. When she commits herself to a task, almost nothing can stop her from accomplishing it. Believing firmly in the philosophy of “try even if you’re destined to fail,” she respects people who take action instead of sitting back.

She is known as a "first generation" vampire; that is, she was born from two vampires. Thus she has better control over bloodthirst, slightly better senses, and is somewhat stronger than humans-turned-vampires. On the downside, she is more vulnerable to hawthorne wood and needs to sleep far more during the day.

Fun Facts:
-She is good with children.
-She is close to her twin brother, Valentin, who is her second-in-command.​

Alejandra half-guided, half dragged the drunk werewolf inside the abandoned building. After she set him down—he kept throwing slurred insults at her, but he was swaying too much to actually be a threat—she pulled out her phone. 3 a.m.

No doubt another werewolf would cross the border soon to find him. When that happened, she could dole out the proper punishments and be done with this mess.

As head vampire of the city, she already had a lot on her plate without dumb drunk werewolves forgetting rules. Thankfully he hadn’t transformed into his wolf form, at least. She leaned against the wall and texted updates to her brother.

Now that she was stationary, she remembered her hunger. It wasn’t bad yet, and she should be able to go another couple days without blood. Alejandra was trying to avoid feeding on humans as much as possible. Lately the humans had been especially careful for some reason, and it was putting her on edge.

Had something happened? Did someone suspect the vampires’ presence?

The werewolf snored loudly. Sighing she glanced over at him. Yep, he’d passed out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back