Video Games Ready or Not: Thoughts?

TheRockInception

You're literally looking at a $2,000 meme machine
(Possible Trigger warning: The trailer I will link below contains gore and blood. Watch at your own risk.)

I recently came across the trailer for a game called Ready or Not. I clicked on it, and I was... amazed and confused at the same time. One, it's 1440p. Two, the following description got me:

"Ready or Not is a tactical first person shooter which places you in the boots of an elite SWAT team, tasked with defusing hostile situations in intense, claustrophobic environments.

It’s set in a nondescript modern America, where an income disparity between the classes have become unsustainable and the country has been plunged into havoc. Bring order to chaos with up to 8 players in cooperative play, battle enemy squads in a close player-vs-player environment, or command AI in a striking single-player mode."

So what is everyone's thought on this? I enjoy Rainbow Six: Siege very well and I hope I will enjoy this as well. IMO, it's a good idea to have a serious FPS enter the market to allow people to confront important topics, like crime, slave trade, etc. in a civil we all know that's a lie manner and experience. Music was good too. Interesting note as well: There are three people working on this. Three. And they've produced this masterpiece of a trailer.

Here's the trailer.
Or if for whatever reason you can't get to it:

Last edited:
Alright, here's my take on this. Everyone is making a big mistake by comparing this game to Siege. Siege is not meant to be a S.W.A.T simulation. Don't get me wrong, I love Siege. Saying this, however, it is more like Call of Duty than it is a simulation. In 2005, a game titled "S.W.A.T 4" was released. It was more on the lines of what this game seems to be. It is a tactical shooter, closer to a simulation. Ready or Not looks very interesting and i'm definitely keeping my eye on it.

Alright, here's my take on this. Everyone is making a big mistake by comparing this game to Siege. Siege is not meant to be a S.W.A.T simulation. Don't get me wrong, I love Siege. Saying this, however, it is more like Call of Duty than it is a simulation. In 2005, a game titled "S.W.A.T 4" was released. It was more on the lines of what this game seems to be. It is a tactical shooter, closer to a simulation. Ready or Not looks very interesting and i'm definitely keeping my eye on it.

Comparing Siege to COD is a bit of a stretch. It does require skilled thinking and planning, but Siege is more military focused over Police and SWAT. I will probably play the beta if it comes out, I'm excited.

Seriously, am I the only one who enjoys realistic FPS games that require tactical thinking and planning?

Comparing Siege to COD is a bit of a stretch. It does require skilled thinking and planning, but Siege is more military focused over Police and SWAT. I will probably play the beta if it comes out, I'm excited.
I wasnt comparing it directly. I was saying that if it had to be categorized with either Call of Duty or a simulator, then it´d easily be placed with COD. If youŕe really looking for a realistic FPS with tactical thinking and planning, try SWAT 4.

I wasnt comparing it directly. I was saying that if it had to be categorized with either Call of Duty or a simulator, then it´d easily be placed with COD. If youŕe really looking for a realistic FPS with tactical thinking and planning, try SWAT 4.
Well, you can't really say a series is a genre... but whatever.
Siege does in fact take tactical thinking and planning. Should I pop a flashbang underneath a barricade and have my teammate blow a breach charge on the door, so we can both rush the room? Or should I hit from above, or a window? Should I take a shotgun or an SMG? High mag, low damage pistol or high damage, low mag pistol? Equipment choices, operator choices, etc.

Well, you can't really say a series is a genre... but whatever.
Siege does in fact take tactical thinking and planning. Should I pop a flashbang underneath a barricade and have my teammate blow a breach charge on the door, so we can both rush the room? Or should I hit from above, or a window? Should I take a shotgun or an SMG? High mag, low damage pistol or high damage, low mag pistol? Equipment choices, operator choices, etc.
I really wish it was like that. Casual is kind of a cluster fuck without any mics. Ranked, granite, is better, but it's still hard to get teammates that are as interested in tactical entrance and execution as you are.

(Possible Trigger warning: The trailer I will link below contains gore and blood. Watch at your own risk.)

I recently came across the trailer for a game called Ready or Not. I clicked on it, and I was... amazed and confused at the same time. One, it's 1440p. Two, the following description got me:

"Ready or Not is a tactical first person shooter which places you in the boots of an elite SWAT team, tasked with defusing hostile situations in intense, claustrophobic environments.

It’s set in a nondescript modern America, where an income disparity between the classes have become unsustainable and the country has been plunged into havoc. Bring order to chaos with up to 8 players in cooperative play, battle enemy squads in a close player-vs-player environment, or command AI in a striking single-player mode."

So what is everyone's thought on this? I enjoy Rainbow Six: Siege very well and I hope I will enjoy this as well. IMO, it's a good idea to have a serious FPS enter the market to allow people to confront important topics, like crime, slave trade, etc. in a civil we all know that's a lie manner and experience. Music was good too. Interesting note as well: There are three people working on this. Three. And they've produced this masterpiece of a trailer.

Here's the trailer.
Or if for whatever reason you can't get to it:

Depends what you mean by serious FPS.....if you mean plot wise.....there are several out there even though they might be dated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back