• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Reach for the Stars.

((Where is everyone?))
(( Tag them by name so the site bothers them ))
{{ Also, we need an OOC thread The DoomyFish The DoomyFish }}

The moment the pistol lowered Eiger sized Jackie in a bear hug, playing a celebratory tone. It was good to see her friend. Releasing the woman, Eiger bounced, clunkily on her toes. She was however a bit perplexed by the continuation of Jackie's sentence. She couldn't want to read an explanation off an old light. Humans often complained about their easy fatigued necks. Instead Eiger scroll another message over the tube.

"GOGGLES? FOLLOW!"

Eiger took a couple steps back and shuffled a little down the alley a little, watching to see if Jackie would come along. Eiger painted the walls of the alley way with 'CAN YOU READ ME CAN YOU...' infrared light. Scattered everywhere so Jackie could not miss it, assuming the object under her jacket was indeed more than simply glassers.

(( Tag them by name so the site bothers them ))
{{ Also, we need an OOC thread The DoomyFish The DoomyFish }}

The moment the pistol lowered Eiger sized Jackie in a bear hug, playing a celebratory tone. It was good to see her friend. Releasing the woman, Eiger bounced, clunkily on her toes. She was however a bit perplexed by the continuation of Jackie's sentence. She couldn't want to read an explanation off an old light. Humans often complained about their easy fatigued necks. Instead Eiger scroll another message over the tube.

"GOGGLES? FOLLOW!"

Eiger took a couple steps back and shuffled a little down the alley a little, watching to see if Jackie would come along. Eiger painted the walls of the alley way with 'CAN YOU READ ME CAN YOU...' infrared light. Scattered everywhere so Jackie could not miss it, assuming the object under her jacket was indeed more than simply glassers.

Jackie was shocked at first when Eiger hugged her, considering Eiger should remember her more antisocial tendencies. Slowly she began to follow the bot, sliding her goggles onto her head. "Yes I can" She spoke positively as the followed the bot. "What happened to you Eiger? You look so different than you did before. Well, it has been years so I'm sure we're all different."

{sorry its super short but I'm at school and I just wanted to reply cause I'm really busy today}
Ironrot Ironrot

(Jefferson is active but he's retarded so he probably just doesn't care about this thread anymore. Feel free to post without him I guess. We kinda needed him for captain Bashura but it's whatever. Sorry guys.)

(You wanna know what's happening with me? Writer's block, bitches. I am shooting off ideas off my head like crazy yet I can't find a way to put all these fancy ideas in paper. It sucks. Though this world isn't fully developed, I am probably the person who knows the Terran Empire the most since I have thought a lot about it. I have thought of adding multiple characters, lots of ships, different organizations with various functions. All the cool stuff that can really kick off this story but I just can't seem to figure it all out.

In short, I think I've dug myself into a hole and I have a hard time getting out.

Anyway, I don't think I am a suitable GM because it takes a long time for me to write and my internet sucks. I have heard Jefferson was waiting the arrival of a new daughter so we cannot blame him since he has some responsibilities to take care of. It can't be helped.

I suggest someone volunteer as GM and then ask Jefferson if he is willing to appoint this man as our GM for a while. Oh, and also ask if Jefferson is willing to surrender Captain Bashura to another player so we can continue without him.

*Sigh*

Well, it's time for me to work on my post again.)

(Oh fuck it, I'm watching Macross.)

Last edited:
((Not a reboot. We juet need someone tot ake over his character and to gm while hes busy. Unless everyone wants to i would vote against it.))

((So should we continue? Maloney wants to be dm. And who would like to take over his character for now? We have to also talk to him about it...))

Okay, give me a minute, I'll get caught up with Igneel's stuff and figure out where this RP is going.

IGNEEL:

"God, don't talk all at once." Igneel removed his helmet, scratching his head. If someone didn't know him, they'd think it was nervousness. He looked around him. Hoss, Drax, John; Lucius in his ear. It wasn't everyone, but it had to do. "I've been... Seeing things."

ThatOneLunatic ThatOneLunatic akumashioni akumashioni Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Lucius eagerly awaited the arrival of the ships at the designated spaceport. He was anxious to see his old friends but also excited to see them. His hands began to tingle as he kept moving in order to release some of the pent up energy

Error 420 Error 420 FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

Ship Commander Nowlan

Current Location: Coalition Asteroid Base

mining_colony_by_andr_sar.jpg
With the Coalition base in sight, Commander Nowlan ordered the operator to patch him through to the enemy. He was going to have a little chat with this intruder before vaporizing him into fine space dust. After all, it was a clear violation of the Treaty of Ganymede to build any asteroid bases so close to the Terran Empire's sphere of influence. There were to be no prisoners, the enemy knew what they were getting into and yet they still went ahead anyway. If this was the way they were going to act, this left Nowlan no choice but to punish them for their insolence.

A minute had passed, and the operator finally managed to secure a line with the base commander.

"Put him on." said Commander Nowlan.

An image of an old bearded man appeared on the viewscreen.

"Don't kill us!" said the old man with tears in his eyes. The poor fellow was practically on his knees begging for his life.

"Huh? Who is this imbecile?! I said patch me through to the base commander, not this junkie." Commander Nowlan gave the operator a stern look, "You have failed me again, boy. Fail me another time and you will wish you were never born."

The operator gave a whimper and covered his head with his hands so that others wouldn't see his shame.

"But... I am who you call the base commander." said the old man in the screen, "My name is Elijah."

"This is unbelievable." Commander Nowlan sighed, "So you're saying that the Plutonian Coalition left an old man in charge of an outpost deep in hostile territory? Man, these bastards have reached a new low."

"But... we're not part of the Plutonian Coalition. We're a newly established colony called Garrick's Comet. And we have no business with those guys, we're just simple colonists. Please please we're not into politics!"

Nowlan gave the asteroid another good look. Sure enough, it didn't appear to be a Coalition Base at all. It was not even outfitted with railguns for self-defense. Even the poorest asteroid colonies had invested at least one railgun for use against pirates. If these people were for real, then that meant that they were completely vulnerable. It was only a matter of time before this colony was ransacked.

He decided to send some of his soldiers to see if these so-called 'colonists' were hiding anything. He wasn't totally sure if they were telling the truth. Soon, a boarding party was assembled and they were shipped to the asteroid. An hour later, Nowlan received a call and he was told that the base was clean and that the colonists numbered only a dozen people.

Nowlan knew that if these people stayed here they would be exposed to the dangers of space with nobody to help them. So he ordered them to be taken into his ship whether they liked it or not. The soldiers delivered the colonists to the ship at gunpoint and that was the end of their story. They'd be sent back to Mars into those homeless shelters, they'd have a hard life but it was much better than being out in the middle of nowhere. Personally, Nowlan thought if it weren't for him, these fools wouldn't last two weeks.

This entire mission had been anti-climactic. He was going to have a talk with the Ghostapo for sending him all the way out here for nothing.

Ship Officers - The ones who run the place.

1. Ship Commander Nowlan - "I'm big and in charge. I'm the one who's calling the shots here."

2. Ship Vice-commander Smithers - "I'm number two. The alpha male's beta."

3. Ensign Jones - "I steer the ship around. I'm the helmsman and I am virtually the next guy in command after the Vice-commander."

4. Master Navigator Lavie - "My job is to find out where the hell we are. Space is an awfully big place you know?"

5. Assistant Navigator Cowden - "I just help Lavie with the work."

6. Master Gunner Kofi - "Who wants Kofi? I'm the guy that blows shit up. Of course, the targeting computers help, but it couldn't do its job without me!"

7. Radar Operator Tom - "I work with the deep space radar, and I hope I won't get thrown out of the airlock."

Infantry Officers - The soldiers for ground operations.

Note: Yeah, the Marines would probably do a better job considering that they are used to attacking with ships. But I'm only familiar with how the army works.

1. Major Bruscow - "I am the commanding officer of the 3rd Battalion Combat Team. Got out of retirement and I'm back serving the Empire."

2. Captain George - "I command Alpha company. Lookie here, I'm supposed to be the main character but I still play second fiddle to the Major here. I've been in the military for most of my life and I'm not about to quit anytime soon."

3. Captain Hervey - "I command Bravo company. I used to be a successful painter before I enrolled in the military academy. It was a long time ago and I'm afraid I've gotten rusty."

4. Captain Gervase - "I command Charlie company. Folks call me 'Ugly Gervase' after I walked into this meth lab that exploded and disfigured my face."

5. Captain Marryat "I command Delta company. I'm one of those people that belong to a famous military family. So far, I'm just the next in line to carry the Marryat pride."

6. Lieutenant Nashe - "I command the heavy weapons platoon. Nothing much to me, except that I've grown up poor in the slums of the Martian capital."

7. Sergeant Roget - "I command the medical detachment. My father ran a clinic back at Mars and I helped him from time to time. Now, I'll put what I've learned to good use."

Fighter Wing Officers - To provide pilots for flight missions. (COMING SOON)

1. (Fighter Wing Commander)

2. "Daredevil"

Non-Combatants - Self-explanatory (COMING SOON)

1. Gump - "Heya, I play the guitar."

2. Stella - "I sing for the boys and girls here."

3. Lieutenant Dan - "Ever heard of the power of prayer? Hah, no no no, you don't have to give me the evil eye, mister. I'm this ship's chaplain."

4. Maud - "As if I'd tell you what I am. Shoo shoo, I have no business with you."

5. Doctor Narayan - "Good day, I am this ship's most senior physician."

6. Elijah - "You know me, Commander Nowlan forced me to ditch my colony so I could head off for Mars."

Note: This is a lists of some of the named characters on board this ship. More characters will probably be put into the list. There are about 1500 souls in total and they will have a variety of functions here. Some will be in charge of weapons, training, supplies, etc., and the list goes on and on. But for now let's stick with what we have now.

Oh, and more posts from George Littlefield will come soon. I just decided to give Nowlan some more screentime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back