• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Ray's Partner Search | Original, new plots inside!

Raymond_of_Clubs

the Yee to your Haw
Hello, everyone! I’m Ray, I use any and all pronouns. I’m looking for a few RP partners to write some action / drama / mystery / romance / all-of-the-above stories. Some things about me you might find important:
  • My posts are usually quite long, especially when I’m excited about the RP. I love detailed writing, with a lot of focus on all the small stuff that helps set the scene and bring life to the world we’re building. Naturally, I can go shorter for action/dialogue posts, but I don’t do one-liners.
  • I’m offering three plots, two of which are entirely platonic and center around friendship and family. The third one involves an already married couple. This is just a warning in case you expected a get-together story. Still, if you have a good get-together plot and feel like we’d vibe, shoot me a message.
  • In general, if you have a plot in mind and like my style, don’t hesitate to PM.
  • I post at least once a week and would prefer the same from my partner. However, I can wait for way longer if I feel like you’re actually invested in the RP. It’s all about plotting and enjoying the story together, headcanon-dumping, sharing ideas, keeping the good vibes coming if you know what I mean.
  • I love to chat OOC! Would be cool to make some friends here. I also use Discord. I’d rather not post it here for everyone to see, but you can always ask.
Okay, now for the plots. Here’s what I’ve got.

Muse A has always been a very odd child. For starters, instead of the sharp-eared fair-haired magical folk that he resembled the most, his human mother took him to live in the outskirts of an orcish village, where he stood out like a needle in a haystack. Towering with his brightly-ginger head over every other kid in the village, he found himself to be a bad fit but made it through the early years of picking and fighting, kept his joyful grin, and earned the respect of Muse B, who later became his sworn brother.

Muse B was a local, two years younger and as green as a grasshopper. At the age of five, he got his first axe as a gift from his father, the same day when Muse A first noticed a spark of magic running between his fingers. They’ve been adventuring back to back ever since, wandering into the nearby forest, learning to fish and to hunt, perfecting their skills in a rivalry against one another, but defending each other when other kids tried to pick on their strange, rapidly growing friendship. Muse B was nine when they first called each other a brother, eleven when they made a blood pact…

…and thirteen when Muse A left.

It happened so abruptly, Muse B couldn’t believe it. The elders searched the forest, threw nets in the river, asked around the big roads, but never found the boy. His mother died two years later, and he never showed up for the funeral. Even before that, every bit of trust died in Muse B’s cruelly deceived heart. He got over it eventually, grew up and into a great fighter, and started to think that maybe – just maybe – there was never a Muse A in the first place. The village seemed to forget the red-haired elf quickly enough, finding its peace in the lack of his annoying presence. So why shouldn’t Muse B?

Five years later, now twenty years old, scarred and battle-hardened, Muse A returned home, only to find his village in ruins. Someone murdered the elders and took the young prisoners, then burned the houses to ashes. Following the tracks of their horses, Muse A found one of their camps, where they held Muse B. The two of them now have to arrange an escape, discover the identity of the captors, and save the rest of the villages.

There’s a void of years between them. Muse B is now much stronger and taller, tall enough to start calling Muse A a “shortie” in revenge for the same nickname five years ago. Muse A had his reasons to leave, and it gnawed at his conscience every day, scarring him deeper than the obvious battle marks he now bears. Muse B can be as angry and salty as he wants, and Muse A wouldn’t ever be able to make it up to him, but at the end of the day they’re still brothers, and nobody can take that away from them.

Summary: An orc and a half-human-half-elf form a strange friendship as kids, but the elf leaves their village without warning and disappears for five years. When he returns, he finds the village destroyed and its people captured and manages to track the captors to the camp where they’re holding his old friend. Together, they must fight off the captors, save the rest of the villagers, and repair their broken brotherhood.

Bonus points:
  • I would prefer to play Muse A, the elf.
  • There is no room for romance in this story, I imagine it strictly platonic, possibly very fluffy at times, but overall centered around friendship/family and adventure.
  • There is, however, room for anything else: drama, humor, interesting side characters, terrifying villains, and a whole fantasy world for us to explore! As you can see, I’m very excited about this plot, and I really believe it has almost infinite potential.
- an adventurous fantasy plot about friendship and family.

There aren’t enough bards in the entire kingdom to sing about all the adventures that Muse A and Muse B have been through together. There aren’t enough historians to document all their findings, from ancient temples and artifacts to creatures believed to be long extinct, and dangers hoped to have left this world for good. There isn’t enough fear in the whole world to keep them away from what they do, and they’re impossibly good at it.

Muse A is a warrior. They wield a greatsword with the strength of a trained soldier, know the tactics of the most cunning mercenaries, and their speed and dexterity are those of a cunning thief. Legend has it, they can shoot an arrow through a hummingbird’s heart from all the way across a small village… which is probably a bit of an over-exaggeration, but nobody dares to argue with it.

Muse B’s talents are in a different realm – that of magic and healing. They stitch up wounds with a touch of their hand and protect the land from sorcery-born spirits and beasts without the darkness ever coming close to corrupting their brave compassionate heart. Minstrels sing ballads of their magical gifts, recounting all but one – a deep secret that nobody but Muse A knows about Muse B. Sometimes, when the moon is small and the night is black, the future flashes before Muse B’s eyes, and whatever they see always – always – comes true.

Besides being a perfect team, Muse A and Muse B have another reason to stick together through fire and ice: they’re happily married to one another. Have been for several years now, barely ever caring for what rumors and whispers about them the powers of gossip carry from town to town. And they’ve never been happier than doing together what they were born to do – taking on dangerous mercenary jobs, seeking adventure, protecting the weak.

Until now.

Muse A is as ready to embark on a new journey as ever – this time it seems like the usual job for them, protecting a caravan of vendors as they pass through a mountain creek, cleaning the path for future trading. Muse B doesn’t have the heart to tell Muse A that their last vision of their future was that of a horrible death.

Summary: Muse A (a warrior) and Muse B (a mage/healer who can see the future) are happily married and adventuring together, until one day Muse B sees a vision of Muse A dying during one of their missions.

Bonus points:
  • Despite the premise being that of an established relationship, there is still room for drama, emotion, and exploration of character. Still, I like the idea of the two Muses being married, because it would be nice, for once, to write spouses that don’t hate each other.
  • I just love putting warriors and healers together, I think it’s a good trope.
  • The plot has the potential for action as well, which comes naturally with the characters’ job. And then there’s a whole unexplored map of beautiful fantasy things that I love so much.
  • Just to be clear, I don’t want Muse A to actually die, no matter what the vision said. It can be a wrong prediction, a shape-shifter, something that looks like death but actually isn’t, or even a whole arc about one being the sole creator of one’s fate. But don’t kill off your character, I don’t appreciate that.
  • I can see them adopting a kid at some point.
  • It can be any dynamic we want, but for MxF I would only be comfortable playing a man (don’t ask why, I don’t know, it’s just a gut feeling).
- another fantasy plot about adventure, but also love and fate.

Muse A didn’t want to end up at an orphanage.

Their parents were nothing short of loving, if not a little bit doting, overwhelmingly protective, and just the tiniest bit old-fashioned. Muse A loved them no less for it, showing it scarcely but sincerely, much like any other lonely teenager going through the milestone phases of their social life. Muse A was a good child, a kind child, even if it didn’t always shine through their wall of anguish. Until every bit of that brightness was buried in grief.

They didn’t want to end up at an orphanage, but for the longest time, it seemed like a possibility. Muse A was only sixteen, with no known living relatives, and although social workers were doing everything in their power to make it better, they weren’t of much help.

That is until some old archived paperwork was dug out to reveal the existence of Muse B, an uncle, who, after finding out there was no one else to take care of Muse A, agreed to take them under his wing.

Muse A, as it goes, wasn’t terribly happy about it. Having to move from their rich and cozy home and prestigious school to a small misty town where the most exciting thing to happen is a day without a pesky rain, living with an uncle they don’t even know – and don’t want to know, for that matter, trusting he wasn’t that good of a part of the family since their mother never ever mentioned a sibling. Sharing the house with a cousin – Muse B’s eight-year-old daughter, and oh boy, was Muse A bad with kids. And then there was the pain that they buried so deep within, it only ever showed in salty remarks and insufferable attitude which they have adopted since… since their parents…

Muse A decided not to think about it. It will take them some time to actually start wondering why their mother never told them about Muse B.

Summary: Muse A is a teenager who just lost their parents and is moving to live with Muse B, their uncle, and his little daughter. Muse A, obviously, is quite unhappy about it. Muse B has a secret that made him a stranger to his own family. Their story can start the moment Muse B picks Muse An up from the airport.

Bonus points:
  • I would prefer to play Muse B, the uncle.
  • Drama! This plot is practically set up for some good drama, and I’m all here for it. Muse A having to deal with their loss, Muse B trying to earn their respect, as well as help them with what they’re going through. Then there’s the weight of this “family fall-out” thing, where Muse A suspects Muse B of being a horrible person for abandoning his sister (or doing something that caused said sister to abandon him), and Muse B’s secret which he doesn’t feel comfortable disclosing at all.
  • I actually have a firm idea for that secret, and it has a supernatural twist, but nothing too cheesy. I’ll tell you all about it if you don’t like surprises.
  • And then there’s also Muse B’s daughter.
  • AND a whole bunch of side characters because it’s a small town where everybody knows one another.
  • But it’s mostly a warm and cozy plot about family values and dealing with loss.
- a realistic plot with a supernatural twist.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back