• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Ravendawn Guild OOC

Characters
Here
Other
Here

SleepySloth

Current Level: Panda
Hey guys,
This is the OOC for the rp. I'm going to link the character sheet. Feel free to start making your sheets while we wait for a few more peiple to join.
Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Becker Becker BlightGiver BlightGiver Marksman Marksman redroseknight redroseknight

As it is about.. 20 minutes to midnight, I hope people won't mind if I wait until sometime tomorrow afternoon before I begin work on my character sheets. <3

Just placing down my two holders for Pip & Stiff. <3

SleepySloth SleepySloth I'll be working the morning-afternoon shift today so I should have my two characters completed during the evening when I come home. :)

Marksman Marksman did you mean to use a WH40K Dreadnought for Ahotos' appearance? 😂 I don't quite understand how something from 40,000 (science-fiction) would fit in a stereotypical fantasy world? Perhaps character designs from WK Old World would better fit the environment and fellow characters.

Last edited:
Now, I don't want to sound hostile or anything, I simply want to point out that old wk has literal tanks,helicopters and even flamethrowers. Even the most stereotypical fantasy setting dnd forgotten realms has mechanical creatures that are the basic equivalent of the character Ahotos. And he has no guns whatsoever. The funniest thing of all, is that in 40k there worlds called feudal worlds. Which are all basically medevial fantasy worlds.

Now, I don't want to sound hostile or anything, I simply want to point out that old wk has literal tanks,helicopters and even flamethrowers. Even the most stereotypical fantasy setting dnd forgotten realms has mechanical creatures that are the basic equivalent of the character Ahotos. And he has no guns whatsoever. The funniest thing of all, is that in 40k there worlds called feudal worlds. Which are all basically medevial fantasy worlds.

But that is a literal, Dreadnought.. in a fantasy world. What I meant by Old World were soldiers within the Empire as they have a very appealing medieval theme. I feel it is unfair towards the other members of the group; Dwarves, Humans armed with swords, bows, staves etc.. to have a literal Dreadnought alongside of them. Saying that there are tanks and helicopters in Old world doesn't quite apply.. as it would be absurd and overpowering to roleplay as a tank.

To prove a point, I suppose there would be no problem if I were to make a Deff Dread character or a Titan? There is such a huge technology gap between a fantasy world and Sci-fi one. I can understand enjoying a certain genre but it's not something I would try to inject into other things ~ something that's all too commonplace on this site. Furthermore, saying that Ahtos has no guns whatsoever doesn't mean much either. I could make a Space Marine character and have him carry no firearms... he's still a space marine ~ A being from the 40k Universe.. along side Dwarves, Humans with swords, bows, staves and so on.

I think if you were to still make a mechanical-type character. Perhaps a focus could be the stereotypical Dwarven/steam mechs as they make alot more sense than something that requires power by a Nuclear Reactor to function.
sg.jpg

Last edited:
Alright I shall change the character to better suite the setting
Appreciated, hope there is no bad blood between us <3 I do enjoy WH stuff as well and I think Old World ideas would be a better fit for this kind of RP. If there's a similar Sci-fi/futuristic RP then I can imagine some sort of Mech/Dreadnought would be a somewhat common-sight on the battlefield.

I've decided to move on from this and take part in a different RP elsewhere. I hope things here do take off and work itself out eventually :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back