• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Rat's Roleplay Roundup

upscalerat

one fancy rat
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

• Hi, I'm Rat! I'm a working lass on the US east coast. I've been roleplaying across various sites for several years; I begun when I was ~12 on Neopets, but spent a couple years in and right after college not really spending time writing. I am also a 2019 and 2022 NaNoWriMo winner, not that I ever bothered to look back on and edit my work- but it was still a fun project, and if you haven't heard of it yet, I do recommend checking it out!
    I'd argue that I'm somewhere between a casual and an advanced player; my writing isn't the best, but I'll always give you at least a couple paragraphs to work with, and it will be at least legibly written (in English, though, which is the only language I speak). I'm usually too busy on the weekends to respond much, if at all; that being said, I should be able to reliably get you a reply at least a couple of times a week. I typically prefer to either play female characters if I'm only playing one major character, although occasionally I'll go for a nonbinary character. I'm perfectly happy to play multiple mains though, and in that case I'm plenty happy to play male characters.
    Also- I'm a bit awkward, and won't be the best at starting small talk, but I'd love to get to know you, and chitchat ooc! Maybe we'll even become friends. Even if we stick strictly to roleplay related communications, I'll be friendly, and I promise not to hassle you about getting replies out. If a week goes by and I haven't heard from you, I might shoot you a PM just to check in and see if you're still interested.

• Witch in a Tower
    Medieval high fantasy.
    There is, somewhere, hidden in the land, a witch who is locked in a tower, as a punishment for a crime committed long ago. Recently, she was able to get out, and she's interested in revenge.
    -->Not much of a plot, I know, but that is to leave us room to create something that we'd like.
    -->I would strongly prefer to play the witch.
    -->This can be romantic, platonic, antagonistic, or something else.
    -->Some ideas for your character are: the individual who got the witch out of the tower; another witch/wizard who was also trapped in a tower and recently freed; someone trying to put the witch back in the tower; and of course, anything you can think of!
    The Dragon's Keeper
    Medieval or modern high fantasy.
    MC is involved in dragon care. Maybe MC raises hatchlings, or maybe dragons are like an endangered species and MC just makes sure that the environment is just right for the eggs to hatch. Maybe MC is from a people that simply have a life based off of coexisting with dragons. YC is on some sort of quest and needs the help of dragons, and so our characters meet. Because of Plot(tm), our characters travel together to fulfill YC's quest.
    -->Again, trying to leave it open to personalization
    -->Despite how I wrote it, actually, your character could be the one who raises dragons, and mine could be the newb
    -->Lots of directions that this could go! Lemme know what you want and we can make it happen
    Lost & Found
    Modern high fantasy.
    MC recently moved for grad school, and found a new group of friends. The semester is off to a wonderful start- until one of her new friends go missing. The local cops are fairly useless, more used to citing speeding tickets and breaking up bar fights, and think it more likely that the kid just ran off for a fresh start, which leads our characters to take on the investigation. They find the supernatural, but do they find the missing friend?
    -->YC could be part of the friend group, or someone who has their own stake in the missing individual
    -->We could both play multiple people in the friend group, or have it be a small, tight knit group, or have the others be more NPCs that we both control as necessary
    -->MC has a mysterious past she's running from- I encourage you to have something equally interesting for YC
    -->I'm planning on faeries being the bulk of the supernatural we deal with, but I'm totally open to having more options, too!
    -->The fate of the missing friend is up for discussion. Maybe they're found, maybe they're dead, maybe they don't want to come back
    Dollmaster
    Medieval high fantasy.
    This one actually isn't a plot. It's a character that I would love to use. She's a witch with two familiars: one a reanimated dead body; one a doll with a soul bound to it that has been modified to the point of being Frankenstein's monster-like, a body stitched together from a multitude of pieces.
    Anyways, this character could be used with the witch in a tower plot, or in something completely different. Just figured I'd throw it out there, and see if I get any takers.
    Misc.
    -->More plots will be coming, I promise, but it's getting late here.
    -->I really like high fantasy, so if you've got a plot in mind, that'll be your best bet with me.
    ---->That being said, I don't mind having a more realistic setting. Not huge on space though. Heck if I know why.
    -->I love dragons! I don't like dragons being the bad guys.
    -->Turning a trope on its head is nice, but something classic is, well, classic for a reason.

Last edited:
Hello! Are you still looking for a partner my friendo? The Witch in a Tower sounds good. Check out my recent rps to see if my writing style fits you ^^

Hey there- I sure am! Why don't you send me a PM with any thoughts you've got regarding that plot?

Been a minute. Bump! Rather craving Lost & Found, or something with dragons. Still open to everything else though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back