Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure Roleplay [Closed]

"Okay, places everyone!"
The sun was shining bright on Corona that day. The kingdom had enjoyed a year of peace and prosperity and Rapunzel finally felt like she was fitting into the role she was meant to play. Today though was not about her role as princess, it wasn't about her at all. Today marked one year since Corona was saved from Zahn Tiri, and, it was also the day Varian was declared the royal alchemist. A title like that deserved celebration, and what better way to celebrate it than with a surprise party!
It had been tough keeping the preparations a secret, but finally the banquet hall was ready: Streamers hung from the walls, purple, green and yellow, flowers had been set about heaping plates of food (Rapunzel had made sure Varian's favourites were there) and in the center of the room, on a decorated table sat a big three-tier cake with tiny sugar figurines of Varian, and all of their friends standing triumphantly at the top. Rapunzel had decorated it herself.
Above the tables, Pete and Stan, the palace guards, were trying their best to hang a banner with Varian's name on it. The ladder began to wobble and it almost fell before Rapunzel grabbed the bottom of it.
"Careful! A little more and you would have wound up in the cake."
"Princess, I'm definitely not going to complain about a party," Pete remarked, "but, isn't this day about how we all fought to defeat Zahn Tiri?"
"It is! But Varian's never had a position like this before. He had to leave his village, his home to come here, I think it's important that we let him now how much we appreciate him." And appreciate him they did, Varian's inventions had improved lives in Corona, and as Eugene put it, the benefits were worth...the occasional explosion.
They finished tying the banner and came down to take their places behind one of the tables.
"Now all we need is Varian." Rapunzel said cheerfully.
G G8t1a32y_Tuh435

Trinity walked around the streets of Corona with Dawn asleep in her arms. She sat on the stairs of a building and took off her red cloak, wrapping it around the small red fox. Once she made sure Dawn was comfy Trinity stood and walked away, leaving Dawn on the stairs by herself.

Trinity made her way towards the center of town being careful not to run into anyone or attract attention from people who would try to converse with her. She looked at the carts full of fruit and a variety of different pastries and walked over for a better look but slightly angled her head so the glare of the sun hid most of her face. After inspecting a single apple she gave the vendor her payment then walked away while biting into her apple. She then continued walked around this time looking for something specific. She was looking for rapunzel. "I don't think I'll find her out here...." She thought to herself. Trinity leaned against a nearby building suddenly regretting coming to this place. She took a deep breath and shook that feeling away as she started planning out her next move.

Eugene had been given one of the most important tasks: go and get Varian from his lab. So when he found Varian in the halls he was a little surprised.
"Hey! Varian!" He said with only a little too much cheer to sound natural. "It is so good that you're here..huh?" He'd nearly cut Varian off.
"Going on? Nooo of course not," he swatted the air, "why would anything be going on, this is just...how the castle normally is on a Monday, you know Mondays. Listen,"
He put his hand on Varian's shoulder and started to steer him towards the banquet hall.
"There's been a..leak! In one of the pipes, the hot water isn't as hot as it usually is, and you know how I've gotten used to hot showers well, it's er, over here."
It would be plainly obvious to Varian, that there were no hot water pipes anywhere near the banquet hall, they were all in a completely different wing of the castle, so Eugene had to act quickly before Varian asked too many questions. He opened the door--it was dark inside-- and lead the way in.

Immediately the drapes were pulled back revealing everything.
"SURPRISE!" They all yelled. Lance and his girls tossed confetti while Rapunzel ran up to Varian.
"Happy one year anniversery of your official position as the royal alchemist!" She said brightly.
G G8t1a32y_Tuh435

The noise of that "surprise" drifted all the way out onto the steps of the castle, and some of the townspeople stopped to look up, smiling to themselves. Their princess was doing it again...
Spencypoo Spencypoo

Trinity looked in the direction of the castle as she heard the enthusiastic yelling and smiled, feeling a bit relieved. She made her way through the crowds of laughing, dancing, and overall ecstatic group of people who had gathered in the middle of a wide road, as she headed for the castle but stopped and looked around. "Dawn!" she yelled and the fox, though being on the other end of town, heard Trinity calling for her even with the sounds of the people singing and talking around her. Dawn opened her eyes and found herself laying on a young girl's lap. She jumped away and the girl watched her run off. With Trinity's cloak dragging behind the fox she eventually got to Trinity's side. Trinity pet Dawn on the head and grabbed her cloak, putting it back on then continued walking, Dawn following close behind. She then stopped by the entrance while using the hood of her cloak to hide everything but her hazel eyes. "Am I supposed to knock? Or maybe ask a guard?" she sighed as she thought to herself but decided to knock.

Last edited:
Rapunzel hugged Varian back laughing. "We couldn't let all your hard work in the past year go unmarked."
"That's right," Eugene grinned, "Your inventions are the envy of everyone around, you know just the other week I caught Equis spies trying to steal the secret of our hot running water for King Trevor? They left their uniforms on under the dark clothes. Ha! Rookie mistake."
The wrapped parcel intrigued Rapunzel and she took it just as the knock sounded on the great doors of the castle.
Eugene gave her a puzzled look. "Were we expecting anymore guests?" He and Rapunzel shrugged at each other before Eugene went to check.

Rapunzel turned her attention back to the gift. "Varian, you didn't have to get a gift for me..." She trailed off as the paper fell away and the portrait appeared in her hands.
"Oh wow!" She held it up for the group to see. "Varian this is amazing! You stepped outside your comfort zone to make a gift for me, that is so sweet!" She hugged the portrait to her chest beaming. "This is going to hang somewhere really special."
G G8t1a32y_Tuh435

Meanwhile Eugene made his way to the doors, only to find Shorty had got there first.
"What's the password?" Shorty demanded of the stranger before Eugene pulled him back.
"Ok Shorty, thanks, but the captain of the guard will handle this." He looked surprised at the figure waiting to be let in.
"Hello..." Eugene said. He couldn't help but let a little caution slip into his voice.
"You're not my new stylist are you? Cause I have to admit, I thought you'd be older."
Spencypoo Spencypoo

Trinity looked at Eugene with a confused expression as Dawn lightly jumped onto his shoulder, she curled her tail up in a ball and stared at him with intelligent eyes. "I'm not a stylist sir, my name is Trinity Smith" she stated as she adjusted her hood and looked at you, taking in every detail. " And judging the tales I can assume that your Flynn Ryder". The fox then jumped off Eugene's shoulder and started to run in circles around the room as she started softly chittering excitedly. "I was looking for the princess and by the sounds I heard earlier I can only take a guess and say that she's here." Trinity looked past Eugene and watched Dawn run around and sighed then shook her head before returning her attention back to Eugene. "Do you mind if I could enter to talk to her...Unless she's busy of course?" She snapped her finger and Dawn instantly sat down, wrapping her tail around her as she did.

Rapunzel looked a bit wistful.
"I know I've been pretty busy with palace duties, I wish I had more time to visit you." Rapunzel had gone to Varian's lab as much as she could, making sure he had everything he could ever want, but it didn't change the fact that being Corona's princess took up the majority of her time.
"I really hope you're happy here, and I want to make sure it stays that way, so, I made sure to finish all my royal duties early this weak so I could plan this!"
G G8t1a32y_Tuh435
Eugene froze as the fox jumped on him, but her eyes, big and round made him smile.
"Aww, Rapunzel would just love you. It's Eugene, actually. Been a while since I used that name. Come on Trinity, if you want to talk to the princess, you might as well come get a slice of cake."
He let the fox down and watched as Rudiger approached.
"Be nice." He cautioned the raccoon as he lead the girl into the banquet hall.
Spencypoo Spencypoo
Rapunzel looked up from the painting when Eugene returned with a strange girl. She wasn't from the castle town..or, at least Rapunzel hadn't seen her before.
"Hi!" She greeted warmly, "are you uh, a friend of Varian's?" She glanced at the alchemist with the question in her eyes.

Dawn looked at Ruddiger and moved from her spot, playfully tackled him, quickly jumping off him and sitting down again. Trinity followed behind Eugene then took off her hood to reveal her vibrant peach skin and short, wavy, brown hair that framed her face. She and looked at rapunzel with visible confusion when hearing Varian's name. "I don't have the slightest idea on who that is-" She cleared her throat and straightened her posture. "But I'm here on behalf of my fox, Dawn" Trinity motions to Dawn and continues. "My mother and I found something troubling about her and figured that if anyone could help us it had to be you!" She walked over to Dawn and picked her up, holding her in her arms then turned back to Rapunzel.

Trinity turned to Varian and gave a small smile, "I sure hope so" She said turned to look at everyone else in the room when Dawn suddenly jumped out of Trinity's arms and landed on Rapunzel's head. "I'm sorry about Dawn she's not usually this...friendly." Trinity sighed "I should better get going- It looks like you already had something going on here. I'll stop by later or whenever you should be done. I hate to interrupt a seemingly joyful celebration with my problems. " She pulled her hood back over her face, tucked her hair in it so it wasn't visible then snapped her fingers on both hands and Dawn jumped off rapunzel's head, sitting by Trinity's foot. She waved at Varian while still holding her smile then both her and the fox turned away and slowly walked out of the castle the same way she had come with Dawn close behind.

"It's good to have you close by." Eugene spoke for both himself and Rapunzel. "And the bangs from your lab certainly keep the guards on their toes!"

They listened as the strange girl explained why she was there.
"Your..fox?" Rapunzel tried to puzzle out why the girl had come to her.
"Um, is she sick? We have an amazing animal doctor here in Corona..hey, wait, don't go!"
Varian ran after her and with only a glance at Eugene, the pair of them ran to follow.

"You mother, your fox, whatever you need," Eugene added to Varian's words. "We'll do our best to help."
Spencypoo Spencypoo G G8t1a32y_Tuh435

((Sorry, had some stuff to do, I'm back now))

Last edited:
Trinity stopped and looked at all of them a bit surprised as she thought that you wanted her to leave but yet here you were telling her to stay. She slowly walked back to them, Dawn staying in her place. "My fox...Isn't a fox" She thought for a second about the way she phrased it. "Well, she currently is one...But she wasn't always this way" She looked back at Dawn and sighed. "She used to be human...She was my best friend. I've tried everything I could think of, From potions to spells, and nothing works! She gets less human every day...I'm...scared that if I dont find a way to fix it soon... I might lose her." Trinity then turned away from Dawn to look at Eugene and Varian. She stayed quiet for a while looking a bit distant but soon pulled herself out of it, "I was hoping that... You could help me fix her before it's too late."

"The fox is her best friend," Rapunzel explained to Varian, thinking she understood what the girl was trying to say. "I guess her mother knew her too, back when she was human."
Rapunzel looked at the little fox in a new light now.
"This sounds an awful lot like magic to me." Eugene said uneasily. "I should have known the sundrop and moonstone wouldn't be the end of it."
"Did someone tell you I could help?" Rapunzel asked.
"I bet Xavier would know a thing or two that might point us in the right direction."
Rapunzel looked to Varian and Eugene and nodded.
"You should come back inside and tell us everything you can." Rapunzel said, stepping aside so Trinity could do just that.
"That's right, you can at least have a slice of cake while we figure out what to do. I'll ask Max to go get Xavier for us."
G G8t1a32y_Tuh435 Spencypoo Spencypoo

Trinity nodded and calling for Dawn. The fox walked behind Trinity as she made her way back into the castle, "My mother told me about what had happened to Dawn when I was finding wood for our fireplace.. after a while, she started to tell me about you and your adventures, of course, she didn't know if they were true considering how she only received the information the things other people told her. I made up my mind and decided to come here for you to see for myself." She looked at the ceiling for a moment trying to remember something. "Me and Dawn had been talking when my mother told me to gather more wood before the fire died down completely, so I went and left Dawn there by herself. On my way back with more firewood, I saw my mom was staring at a little red fox a few feet from the door...She told that she had sent Dawn to get Coal from the back and when she came looking for Dawn- She turned into a fox." Trinity shook her head. "I always feel like there's more to that story...Something she isn't saying-But, of course, I didn't point it out...I probably should have. But I probably should have."

Rapunzel thought about every word carefully.
"So, she just..turned into a fox? Nobody saw anything strange?" She asked.
"Strange and magic do tend to go together, it's odd that nothing else was out of place." Eugene mused. "But if you said she's getting worse then we probably don't have much time."
"We could check the castle library too," Rapunzel turned back to Trinity with a kind expression. "Don't worry, we'll get to the bottom of this. I promise we'll do everything we can to save your friend."
"Maybe it'd be worth looking at where this all happened? Where did you say you were from?" Eugene asked.
Spencypoo Spencypoo

"I live just outside the northern end of the kingdom," Trinity said this while running a hand through her hair then looked around the room before speaking again. "I could take you there if you would like but my mother most lightly won't be home yet." She then got down on her knees to pet Dawn lightly on the head, Dawn gently rubbed her head on Trinity's hand as she pets her then Trinity stood again.
"But before I do anything else I need to find Dawn something good for her to eat. Do you any of you know anyone around here who sells meat by any chance?" Trinity placed a hand on her hip while looking at the few people that were left in the room with her.

"Well, I do have the occasional strike of brilliance." Eugene preened at Varian's compliment.
"I'm sure we can find something for Dawn to eat, I'll have something brought from the kitchen. You must be hungry too, please, help yourself to anything you see." She gestured to the banquet hall tables, where Varian's feast still sat, perfect and tempting.
Rapunzel didn't waste anytime. She served them cake when they were done and they went straight to the library to look for books on magic.

By the time she had a nice pile of books on the table next to her cake the chef had brought out a tiny plate. He had been briefly told the story and was unsure whether to set the plate for Dawn on the table or the floor, he looked a little distressed.

Rapunzel was pouring through books when the door opened and Max strode in, Xavier in tow looking slightly confused, but with a plate of cake in one hand.

((I'm gonna let you guys decide what we find in the books, and what Xavier has to say, 'cause I know nothing of what's going on XD))

Trinity nodded and thanked Eugene for his kindness then found a place to sit seemly ignoring the food that sat on the table. She closed her eyes as she started to lean back in the chair, finally taking a break for the first time in weeks. Before she knew it Trinity had fallen asleep.

Dawn carried the plate of cake on her head and nodded at Varian then carefully walked to a corner of a differnt room, letting the plate slide onto the floor without making a mess then sat down to eat it. Half way done with her peice she saw Trinity dose off then walked over to her, pulling on her cloak until the clasp broke then dragged it away to where the plate of her cake sat on the ground and made a bed with it. Dawn sat on it and continued to eat her cake but once she finished she got up and pushed the empty plate to Varian then started chittering to get his attention.

Eugene looked up from his book and saw the sleeping Trinity.
"Aw, she must have been pushing herself pretty hard to get all the way here. She's completely worn out."
Rapunzel looked up too. "We should giver her a room in the castle for the night. We can start out first thing tomorrow morning. Are you finding anything in the books on your side Eugene?"
"Nothing yet, the closest I've gotten is magic pumpkin growth, but I think they're just making commercial embellishments."
"Well we can't give up, there's got to be something that could at least point us in the right direction."

"They could exist." Eugene said over Varian's shoulder, starting to get a bit bored with library duty. "Believe me I've seen weirder. A particular talking monkey comes to mind."
Rapunzel stood as Xavier came into the room.
"Xavier! Thanks for coming on such short notice. We're really not sure where to start."
"Howabout starting with that fox down there, the one that used to be human?" Eugene pointed to Dawn. "Story is she just, poof. No explanation. Ever hear anything like that?"
Eugene sidled back to Varian and leaned over, keeping his voice low "You don't think it could be some kind of magical illness do you? Do you think it's contagious?"
He casually took a step behind Varian. Keeping the alchemist between himself and the fox.

Dawn tilted her head to the side as they talked and walked to Trinity, laying under her chair then wrapped her tail around herself as she closed her eyes but just as she was about to sleep Trinity woke up, still a bit tired, but awake nonetheless. She stood and stretched then realized her cloak was gone so she walked around looking for it just to find it on the floor and she muttered to herself as she picked it up. She then inspected it to see if it was ripped or had gotten dirty when she discovered that the clasp was broken. "Oh come on-" She said, trying to hide the irritation in her voice then looked back at Dawn who was staring wide-eyed at her as though she both knew and understood what Trinity was upset about. Dawn tried to put on her cutest face possible while slowly backing away but Trinity only rolled her eyes and laid the cloak on her arm like a rack, walking over to Varian and Xavier. "Anything new?" She asked both of them.

- Devon Bronson -
" Royal Castle "

A black cat in a white and black tailor's suit strode up to the castle steps, head barely reaching the waists of the guards in attention. The afternoon sun glinted on his glasses, and the glossy red ribbon of the paper box he carefully carried in his paws. On it was a crest of four leaves curled up like a wing, the crest of Bron's Tailoring, a once popular shop four years ago, but has since fallen to the sidelines unable to keep up as the fashion fads changed over the years.

The black cat stopped at the gate, patted a bit of stray thread away from his vest, stood up straight, and then knocked. "Good afternoon! Devon Bronson from Bron's Tailoring, here to deliver the King's coat!"

Trinity slowly nodded and looked up in thought before answering. "As far as I know Dawn was loved by all who knew her. If there is a possibility that she has an enemy either I don't know them.....or they're just really good at playing pretend." On the outside, Trinity tried to seem as calm and content as possible when the reality...she was really torn up inside at the thought of her friend being cursed. Who would hate Dawn so much that they would go so far as to curse her? Trinity was hating herself for even feeling that way in front of others rather it showed or not because it could take control at any moment. She shrugged it off and turned away. "Is there anything I can do at the moment to help in any way?"

"Maybe it wasn't an enemy," Rapunzel mused, "Is there anyone living close to where you and your mother live? Would they have any connection to magic?"
"You're saying it might have been...an accident?" Eugene finished for her.

The guard that opened the door for the cat smiled as he stood back. "Oh! We were expecting that. I'll take you to him!"
This guard was new, and had been informed of the cat tailor, unfortunately he hadn't been informed about the castle layout. and before long he had gotten lost. He wound up at the library and opened the door to find Rapunzel, Varian Eugene and a strange young girl and her fox.
"Oh! Princess! Thank goodness! Do you know where the king can be found? The tailor is here with his new suit."
"Hi Devon!" Rapunzel greeted happily.

"Oh! Devon," Eugene approached him with an enthusiastic step. "I am so glad you're here. I wanted to talk to you about ordering a custom suit for the big day." He glanced back at Rapunzel, only to find she had found Trinity's damaged cloak pin.
"Actually, can we put a pin in that? I think this cloak could use a tailor's attention first."
Eugene laughed, "Ah! I caught that little bit of sewing humour. Nice one Sunshine."

"I think the only thing left for us to do is go out there and see what we can find." Rapunzel continued their though path after Devon was made aware of the damaged cloak. "Trinity, could you lead us back to your home? We'll saddle Max and Fenella and...hmm, we might need more horses."

G G8t1a32y_Tuh435 Spencypoo Spencypoo Zer0 Zer0

- Devon Bronson -
" Royal Castle "

"Thank you, sir." Devon inclined his head courteously.

And so with a swish of his tail, the quiet patter of his neatly trimmed paws followed the guard's echoing footsteps through the familiar sunlit halls. He breathed, enjoying the scent of forest meadows carried by the flowers decorating the walls. Minutes passed. Slowly Devon's calm smile turned into hesitant curiosity, as he swore this is the third time the guard led him through the same sun lit hall.

"Err . . ." began Devon, as the guard opened a set of handsome double doors. Then he quickly resumed his professional air.

"Your highness, sire, my lady and Sir Varian, good afternoon." he bowed to everyone. Suddenly his ears perked up when Eugene mentioned ordering a custom suit for the big day. He was asking him, a mere apprentice, to make the groom's suit!

The paper package dropped to the floor. "Oh, pardon me!" he scrambled to pick it up, entirely ruffled, and happy, all professionalism tossed away. "By the good grace of Maximus' flanks, I would be honored, sire, to make a suit for you!" he beamed at Eugene, tail thrashing excitedly.

Good golly this is a chance for him to honor his grandparents name! Make it known far and wide Bron's Tailoring made the prince's suit! Build up their reputation once more! He can't wait to tell his grandma this!

"Of course, I can fix that cloak right away, your Highness." he said, still flustered, and flipped the package over his back, caught it with his tail, and came forward, drawing out a small leather wrap from his vest. With a flourish, he unfurled it, revealing a well stocked sewing kit.

He barely heard the rest of their conversation, as he worked with practiced ease, but caught on that they were in a hurry. "Fear not, I'll follow behind you and have this cloak fixed before you ride off."

Users who are viewing this thread