Journal rant thread because i have NEVER been able to speak on these topics .šŸ˜

MARSHYY

im gonna cry smb took my ROBLOX DISPLAY NAME
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
i'm sorry, but it just IRKS me when people are too lazy to care for themselves, especially if they have all the necessary tools that they need in order to be hygienic/clean. (i am making an exception for/to the people who have a disability/paralysis.) i also have a lot of topics to rant about, too, but i'm focusing on this one rn.

REMINDER: i'm not (trying to) throw(ing) shots/shade to ANYBODY here on rpn. lmk if i need to take anything down.

feel free to comment on this thread if you feel that these topics also apply to you or your life. anyways, let's begin. :D

rant bout hygiene/self care. ((TW.?))
like i said in the first thread, i am NOT (trying to) throw(ing) shots at people on here or anywhere else. any people that i mention in this thread are all people that i've come across in my life, and they will be used as examples in this rant thread as such. (sm of the people idrc about.) anyways, let's move on.

hygiene is a very important part of your body. you shower, brush your teeth, wipe after you go to the bathroom, use deodorant, wash your face, etc etc. those are the basics. that's all part of good hygiene. and yes, i'm not oblivious to the fact that there are people out there who don't have the money to buy those certain things. i am VERY aware of that. i'm ranting about the people who HAVE all those basic needs yet they don't use them/try to use them. like that's such a waste of money. if you're not gonna use it, then give it to the poor/needy who will actually appreciate it and actually use it. an example: a girl in my class. let's call her "ponytail". she practically does nothing to try and care for herself. she comes in every morning with a VERY stained shirt(god knows wtf it is), bad breath(not trying to throw shots), and just.. bad odor in general. and before you even start, she has access to EVERYTHING. again, EVVVVERRRRRYYYYTHIIING. she even has a fucking built-in LAUNDRY ROOM. like, sm people in newark have to WALK to the nearest LAUNDROMAT. just to have clean fucking clothes for the week. as my mother says, "Puedes ser bonita y todo eso, pero nadie quiere una niƱa/niƱo apestoso." and she's right. this girl has even blatantly admitted that she's had symptoms of a UTI. what?! like girl bffr. and as far as i know, a UTI can be treated with good hygiene, correct me if im wrong. :) plus many people have told her/given her advice on how to take care of herself, and she doesn't listen. yet she can sit in class and put on a fresh new coat of lip gloss thinking that it's cute. like no, it's not cute, and it's CERTAINLY not funny, in any way, shape, or form. in fact, it's just embarrassing and disgusting. she's gotten mad at ME for telling her that she needs to bring deodorant w her to school in case she gets, uh.. s w e a t y. not-so-fun fact: i can tell when she's her time of the month, because she smells worse than she usually does. ykw that's not even a not so fun fact, it's just sad and pathetic. like why have your mother spend a bunch of money on self care products for you when you don't even use them, yet spend your time eating takis, playing games on your phone, or putting cosmetics on your face?? make it make sense. jesus. i'm done.

REMINDER: dms are open if you need me to take smthing in this thread down. :D

EDIT: even though this rant is based on one specific person, just act like this thread applies universally.

EDITx2: omg this is more of a vent than a rantšŸ˜­

I've had to deal with the same people, especially when I was still in school. There were always kids who just had the worst BO, clearly did not keep up with hygiene, and didn't seem too aware of it, etc. However, I also live in a very impoverished area, so I understand that a lot of kids here just generally aren't able to take care of themselves as well (I know that's not who you're talking about, I just figured I'd clarify my own situation).

While I don't know for sure what the situation is here, there could be a few reasons for her lack of hygiene. It is possible that it's a mental health issue; while I know you mentioned this isn't meant as an attack on people with disabilities/paralysis, but people don't technically need to have physical conditions in order to be physically unable to practice proper hygiene.

Speaking from experience; during the years where my depression was at its worst, I wouldn't wash/brush my hair for days, weeks, maybe even months on end. It got to the point where when I would brush it, huge clumps would fall out in knots. And my hair was very thick, so it was always frustrating to deal with. My dental hygiene habits became very sporadic, and I ended up having to have two of my teeth drilled and filled. Even now I'm still trying to undo the bad habits I fell into. My corner (because I didn't have my own room at that god-forsaken house) was always filled with trash, used dishes, etc. because I just couldn't pull myself out of the hole I was in to clean them.
While I personally never got to the point where I'd skip showers, or ignore things like washing my hands, I've known many people whose mental illness became so disabling that they ignored all physical hygiene. Of course, it doesn't just have to be depression. It's possible that she has another mental illness that could cause her to ignore or actively avoid basic hygienic habits.

It also could be a case of her parents just not teaching her correct hygiene. Even if she has all the products available to her, maybe she just doesn't know how to properly use them. A lot of parents don't even explain the concept of a menstrual cycle to their kids until they've had their first one. I have stories from my mother and a few of my friends about how they didn't know what a period was until they experienced it for the first time, and therefore didn't know how to properly care for themselves during it. It's not outrageous to assume that there are parents out there who never told their kids the proper way to wash, brush their teeth, style their hair, wipe correctly, etc.

Alternatively, it could just be straight up laziness. As much as I would love to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and assume there is a reasonable explanation for their habits (or lack thereof), some people just honestly don't care. My sibling and I have a mutual friend that is sharing a house with us, currently. For the most part, their hygiene habits are fairly normal, except they tend to hold off on showers until the very last minute. They tend to shower every other day, and their BO can get very unpleasant. I've only refrained bringing this up to them because they are very easily agitated, and I don't generally have the energy to deal with that. So it's just possible that your person puts it off for so long because they don't see how their lack of hygiene can affect themselves or others, but especially themselves.

Also, on the UTI; first of all, that absolutely awful, her parents desperately need to intervene and tell her that she needs to get better about cleaning herself (her parents also may not care, which is a whole other can of worms). And while proper hygiene can prevent UTIs, once you get them they usually won't go away until you get proper medicine. If they persist, it can lead to some more serious health issues down the line (serious as in you will be having a sleepover in the ER). While some can go away on their own, it's extremely high risk to just ignore it and hope they go away.

Overall, very tricky situation. I totally get where you're coming from as far as not being able to stand their lack of hygiene (and the assumed smell that comes with it). Hopefully, someone can get through to them. Best of luck!

I've had to deal with the same people, especially when I was still in school. There were always kids who just had the worst BO, clearly did not keep up with hygiene, and didn't seem too aware of it, etc. However, I also live in a very impoverished area, so I understand that a lot of kids here just generally aren't able to take care of themselves as well (I know that's not who you're talking about, I just figured I'd clarify my own situation).

While I don't know for sure what the situation is here, there could be a few reasons for her lack of hygiene. It is possible that it's a mental health issue; while I know you mentioned this isn't meant as an attack on people with disabilities/paralysis, but people don't technically need to have physical conditions in order to be physically unable to practice proper hygiene.

Speaking from experience; during the years where my depression was at its worst, I wouldn't wash/brush my hair for days, weeks, maybe even months on end. It got to the point where when I would brush it, huge clumps would fall out in knots. And my hair was very thick, so it was always frustrating to deal with. My dental hygiene habits became very sporadic, and I ended up having to have two of my teeth drilled and filled. Even now I'm still trying to undo the bad habits I fell into. My corner (because I didn't have my own room at that god-forsaken house) was always filled with trash, used dishes, etc. because I just couldn't pull myself out of the hole I was in to clean them.
While I personally never got to the point where I'd skip showers, or ignore things like washing my hands, I've known many people whose mental illness became so disabling that they ignored all physical hygiene. Of course, it doesn't just have to be depression. It's possible that she has another mental illness that could cause her to ignore or actively avoid basic hygienic habits.

It also could be a case of her parents just not teaching her correct hygiene. Even if she has all the products available to her, maybe she just doesn't know how to properly use them. A lot of parents don't even explain the concept of a menstrual cycle to their kids until they've had their first one. I have stories from my mother and a few of my friends about how they didn't know what a period was until they experienced it for the first time, and therefore didn't know how to properly care for themselves during it. It's not outrageous to assume that there are parents out there who never told their kids the proper way to wash, brush their teeth, style their hair, wipe correctly, etc.

Alternatively, it could just be straight up laziness. As much as I would love to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and assume there is a reasonable explanation for their habits (or lack thereof), some people just honestly don't care. My sibling and I have a mutual friend that is sharing a house with us, currently. For the most part, their hygiene habits are fairly normal, except they tend to hold off on showers until the very last minute. They tend to shower every other day, and their BO can get very unpleasant. I've only refrained bringing this up to them because they are very easily agitated, and I don't generally have the energy to deal with that. So it's just possible that your person puts it off for so long because they don't see how their lack of hygiene can affect themselves or others, but especially themselves.

Also, on the UTI; first of all, that absolutely awful, her parents desperately need to intervene and tell her that she needs to get better about cleaning herself (her parents also may not care, which is a whole other can of worms). And while proper hygiene can prevent UTIs, once you get them they usually won't go away until you get proper medicine. If they persist, it can lead to some more serious health issues down the line (serious as in you will be having a sleepover in the ER). While some can go away on their own, it's extremely high risk to just ignore it and hope they go away.

Overall, very tricky situation. I totally get where you're coming from as far as not being able to stand their lack of hygiene (and the assumed smell that comes with it). Hopefully, someone can get through to them. Best of luck!
i wish i could pin this comment so bad DD:

edit : this is very true , yes , but her parents have taught her EVERYTHINGGG n i always try to help her but she still refuses . idk what to do atp cs now even the teachers are complaining abt it

She may have a psychotic disorder where it prevents her from cleaning. Or perhaps ptsd? While I donā€™t know any psychotic disorders personally they do exist. Did you know that 30% of the worlds population of people donā€™t even wipe?? This is due to many mental disabilities or even obesity. If youā€™re over a certain weight it makes it harder to reach down there. The higher the weight the less likely someone is going to wipe.

But there are so many mental disabilities too.

Ptsd.
Depression.
And even sensory processing disorders aswel.

And thereā€™s many psychotic disorders that could play a part.

When I was 12 to 16 I didnā€™t because I had no Energy. Iā€™ve only gotten into a good habit of wiping from when I was 17 and I still struggle with other parts of hygiene. I shower every other day one day no one day heā€™s next day no. And brushing my teeth is still something I struggle to do aswel.

If she had none of these and youā€™re certain then yes that is a poor hygiene and really gross.

I know hygiene is super important, it's a really big deal to me personally as I hate feeling sticky or gross in any way, but if people aren't very hygienic there's usually a reason!
One of my friends is autistic and he rarely brushes his teeth because it's a sensory nightmare for him. I think it's a lil gross but I try to be forgiving, he is not a bad person for not brushing his teeth.
Over time I've gotten less picky about how people present themselves, maybe I've just gotten used to body odor from others but it's really no biggie to me if someone's a little yucky now. I wouldn't want someone to think I'm disgusting for something minor behind my back, so I try to just love people as they are ^__^
(not trying to be rude- I get offensive odors can be frustrating šŸ˜­)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back