Other Rant about anonymous lazy, flaky, inconsiderate, lying rper

xpstitch

Loser
(I wasn't sure if this was the right place to put this rant.)

Okay so get this. (Hopefully this dude doesn't show up).

They are... Well... A flaky and lazy ass rper to say the least. Okay. You haven't had the heart to vent your feelings about this behavior to them about this yet because you are a kind and forgiving person. You have put up with this behavior for a while because they are really good friends of yours and you like them. You like giving them more chances to prove themselves. Because they've been cool before so it makes it more forgivable. You were having an AWESOME time rping with them that one time so you excuse all the things you don't like about them. You bond personally with them too. Who knows, perhaps you were developing feelings for them? Idk. That's not important. At least you THOUGHT you were friends. You just don't say how you feel about their less than desirable rp traits cuz you're nice.

They join rps, but then just leave without saying a word. They often like to claim they are busy as an excuse as to why they aren't replying to those roleplays. You aren't impatient with them. You leave them a certain amount of time before you ask them if they are still there. You don't belittle them for not responding cuz life happens. You console yourself with the idea that they are just busy.

You at some point explicitly (but politely) let them know you prefer for them to be honest if they are stuck, or are getting bored with a roleplay, etc. you ask them to just communicate honestly with you about it.

You're just a little bit mad that they got themselves entangled in a roleplay that now has a plot that's kind of dependent on them responding because well they are kind of important to the current plot. They stop responding to the rp.

You politely ask them if everything is alright. They make up some lie about how they are just busy. Exactly the thing you wanted them not to do.

How do you know this is a lie?... Well because they've joined another rp and are spamming the SH!T out of that rp. They ain't busy. They're just being lazy.

Because you like to think the best of your friend, you at first were just patiently weathering their lazy rping. Giving excuses for them. Giving them the benefit of the doubt. Trying not to jump to conclusions too quickly, despite the growing number of suspicious points.

That was the last straw. You KNOW they aren't busy. The started in on a new rp AFTER they said they are too busy to reply to the one you are ALREADY supposed to be continuing together. They are spamming the hell out of it.

Why are they lying to you? How can you be too busy to reply to your rp, when they are spamming the hell out of a brand NEW rp? Didn't you tell them to be honest with you? Communicate if they were getting bored? Why are they being so inconsiderate? That whole rp plot is currently revolving around THEIR character.

You ASKED them if they wanted to leave that rp. They said no, they are just busy. You asked them if they wanted to kill off that character so that everybody could start a new plot line since they aren't wanting in the rp. They said no, they are just busy. You asked them if they wanted that character voided so everybody could continue on with the rp without them. They said no.

They lied and said they were just busy. They were inconsiderate to everybody in the rp by not only not communicating with anybody about them wanting to leave, but LYING about it and saying they were still interested.

It's one thing if you just don't want to be in it, that is it's own problem altogether. But why do you have to prevent everybody ELSE from continuing the rp by just leaving and refusing to admit that you don't want to play anymore? Why can't you just let us void your character, kill them off, communicate, and at least tell the truth when you communicate. Let us continue the rp please. You have to consider that some people might still want to play without you.

They have bailed on a few rps with you before. Many times actually. Without any word. They start new rps without even MENTIONING the old one you guys were in together. They dodge around the subject of the old one or even lie. They say you guys will return to that other rp later but they just want to try this new one out right now.

You're too socially awkward and nice to sometimes ask about the old ones. You have never completed a single rp with them. They always want to try a new idea. They never tell the truth that they are simply bored with the old one.

But you thought it was doing FINE. It was doing just FINE! Why can't they just stay with the OLD one?! They seemed to be having fun too! Why leave it? Why?! Do they have a problem with attention span or something? Do good roleplays just stop being good simply because you find doing anything for more than a week boring? Why don't they like longer rps? You don't understand. Why do they flit around so much? Why can't they hardly ever give reasons why they want to leave rps behind. You're not saying they are necessarily always obligated to STAY in the roleplays, but why not give reasons? If you roleplay with them and they leave so often, wouldn't you start to wonder what you're doing wrong so often that they leave everytime without a word? Don't you want to know what you're doing wrong?

The problem is that they never give you an excuse. Or they give you false lies and promises. And if they find your rping so bad that they never stay around too long, why the hell do they keep inviting you back to rp with them?

I'd make an entire separate thread about that time he actually had the nerve to insult my rping when i have never been rude to them despite all this shi!t I've just mentioned. It he dislikes my rping so much, why did he have to wait so long to tell me? Why did he have to say it so rude like that in the first place? And the when I later sarcastically mentioned his insult, he treats ME like I'm the bad guy for bringing it up. Well sh!t. If you didn't want me to be salty about it and mention it later, why did he have to say anything in the first place. He started it. Damn. Should've never started shit if you weren't prepared to be called out on it later.

Last edited:
Just a tiny bit better. I never said anything about it before because I knew that even though I didn't name anybody, they might have still seen it and connected the dots. But they're so inactive nowadays so they are unlikely to see this. But I've been wanting to rant about their behavior for a long time.

In fairness a lot of people don't like conflict which is a problem on both sides as it means that a lot of times resentments or anxiety builds up on both sides.

A good way to handle it if you are the one being ditched is to build in a "Ditch Period."

In 1x1s this means that I tell my partners - If I don't hear from you for XX days I will assume you've left the roleplay and move on.
( I usually give them a month since I do very slow paced roleplays but if your more frequent poster a week should suffice )

And basically once those XX days are passed I close the roleplay and look for new partners.

In groups this meant that I would give a player two weeks to a month to post ( depending on how fast paced the roleplay was ). If they did not post in that time without giving me a good reason or prior warning than their character was written out of the action. If I noticed that a partner of theirs was stuck I might give that person permission to just time skip prior to the cut off point if the rest of the roleplay was moving on without them.

But basically my mentality was I would prefer you to let me know if something comes up but if that's not a thing you can do that's no biggie just know that I will remove your character from a group OR move on without you after a waiting period has elapsed.

Never had a problem with either of those methods and I think it did help with the people that hated confrontation and was fair to the people that participated as it allowed them to move on without being stuck by someone else's inactivity.

In fairness a lot of people don't like conflict which is a problem on both sides as it means that a lot of times resentments or anxiety builds up on both sides.

A good way to handle it if you are the one being ditched is to build in a "Ditch Period."

In 1x1s this means that I tell my partners - If I don't hear from you for XX days I will assume you've left the roleplay and move on.
( I usually give them a month since I do very slow paced roleplays but if your more frequent poster a week should suffice )

And basically once those XX days are passed I close the roleplay and look for new partners.

I do something similar. I usually wait about a week, send a message asking if they still want to RP, but if they are inactive for two weeks I leave the RP. Now, they can message me and say they are going through some stuff and the RP doesn't go on for a month, but I'll still count the RP as open. I'll only leave the RP when they don't respond.

RPing on here and other sites I do have a limit to how many I can handle, so honestly if I get 3 dropped I have 3 other people who would love to take their spot. It's not a big deal anymore.

Well, the best news is that you haven't given up or allowed such an individual to damage or ruin your desire to continue to write.

If you need someone to vent to, then please blowup my message box.

:angel3:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back