• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Ranks/Titles

negomi

trying to navigate a new biome, this site
Hello - I'm new. Started today, in fact!

I apologise if this has already been asked/is obviously displayed somewhere else, but I have a query about the ranks/titles? Is it possible to see a list of the available ones? I used to be 'lurker' then when to something else, then 'magic eight ball', now I'm a 'new member', which makes sense! I was just intrigued at the threshold to reach each rank/title, so I have an idea of what they really mean when looking at other users.

Apologies if this post is too short/has already been asked/stated, but I'm still navigating/getting used to this!

Also, if you're interested in roleplaying, drop me a message - I may be new to the forum but not to roleplaying, that's for sure!

Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here. ^33^

Somebody did ask sometime back about a list of them, but I can't recall offhand whether we were able to post that. I'll take a look in a few minutes if someone else doesn't beat me to it. ^;3^

The default titles are based on your post count, so "Magic Eight Ball" just means your post count happened to be 8 at the time. (They change rather quickly at lower counts, but more slowly at higher ones.) Lurker I believe meant you didn't have any posts that counted towards your post count yet, but I could be misremembering. You can check your post count on your profile, where it says "Messages." (Posts in the Private Workshop, Forum Games, and on profiles and in conversations/PMs do not count towards this, but everything else should.)

You can also set your title in Account Details. If you do, it will no longer change with your post count but stay as whatever you set it. Clearing this will get you back to the default, whatever that happens to be for you.

Taking some time to get used to it, that's for sure, but it's working out alright now. I've seen so many literate, innovative ideas for rps which has ignited a spark in me that has been suppressed for almost a year. Very happy with it so far!

Thank you for your response, and a speedy one at that! I noticed the rank/title went up when I posted this initially which I thought was interesting - I didn't realise you could pick one you liked. If you did pick one, do you still gain titles if you continue to post?

As well as this, I noticed I've got some likes on some comments, so wondered if likes are limited on how many you give a day, or if there's any bonus like ranking up?

Thank you for your help so far and patience with my many questions!

Because the default title is based on your post count, if you set a custom one now and then go back to the default later, it will be the default title that matches your post count. For example, if you had set a custom title when your post count was at 6, and changed it back to default when your post count was 8, it would then show the "Magic Eight Ball" title, but would go back to "New Member" when you made another post that raised your count to 10 as that's how the list works.

Custom titles -- it's not so much that you pick one from the existing list, as that you just type whatever you want into the box for it in Account Details. You could certainly set it to one on the list if you liked it, but that's not required. (Mine is "Dannigan's Lady," for example, in honor of my significant other who is also on the site.)

There's no bonus to getting lots of likes, except the warm fuzzies when you see the alert. ^D^ I don't believe we have a limit on likes.

Because the default title is based on your post count, if you set a custom one now and then go back to the default later, it will be the default title that matches your post count. For example, if you had set a custom title when your post count was at 6, and changed it back to default when your post count was 8, it would then show the "Magic Eight Ball" title, but would go back to "New Member" when you made another post that raised your count to 10 as that's how the list works.

Custom titles -- it's not so much that you pick one from the existing list, as that you just type whatever you want into the box for it in Account Details. You could certainly set it to one on the list if you liked it, but that's not required. (Mine is "Dannigan's Lady," for example, in honor of my significant other who is also on the site.)

There's no bonus to getting lots of likes, except the warm fuzzies when you see the alert. ^D^ I don't believe we have a limit on likes.

Thank you so much for your help. I understand it a lot better now. I love the idea of setting a custom title, especially something so sweet for your S/O (wish I was open enough to admit to anyone irl that this is a huge hobby of mine!). That's good news to hear - I admit it did feel welcoming when I got two likes within a good 10 mins of posting on a welcome thread!

I can show you the full list of "default" titles if you would like.
That would be awesome, thank you - I do like having an idea of what the website offers!

User Title
Lurker

One Time Luck

Magic Eight Ball

Unlucky Member

Hit Me!

BLACKJACK!

Bust :(

Double Luck

Meta-Magic Eight Ball

QT π

New Year's, Baby!