Other Random question of the day

Random question of the day:

If you could erase any YouTuber from existence with the Thanos Snap, who would it be?
nsv0tpg3hew21.jpg

Would you rather regain the feeling in your legs after 40 years of paralysis or get Club Penguin back?

Legs. I loved Club Penguin, but it was getting a little too packed of the membership only content. That said, I do miss the spy missions... there are copies of those in internet, probably. Copies of the feeling on my legs? Probably in 40 years, but costly xD So I'll go for my legs, thank you

I think mostly because it has a bad connotation and derogatory. You're insulting someone on multiple levels while making fun of people with conditions.

I also think it's like saying racial slurs. While it was used before and has practical linguistic history, it demoralizes and dehumanizing people.

I imagine it's because people feel offended on behalf of retarded people as they can't really feel offended or really even notice that their condition is being used as an insult.

Why is it wrong to call people retarded?
Words become offensive when enough people deem it so. If you use retarded as a slur, it becomes the slur, so you make a new word to be more polite, which is used as a slur too, and so on for all eternity.

They definitely like alt-left extremism I know that much. Probably not communism as that'd eliminate their power over society.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Idea
Back