Other Random question of the day

Random question of the day:

What does the concept of hope mean to you?
For me, hope has to be logical. Illogical hope just because you WANT it to happen is ...well, stupid. But hope because you find there to be a reasonable likelihood of something to happen/not happen, etc. is warranted, and something to potentially hold out for. Weighing odds (with whatever information you might have available to you) and figuring there is a decent chance of a favorable outcome is what I consider hope.

It’s a tougher question than it looks, but overall I’d say it’s a wish or desire that something positive will happen or more often that something negative will be avoided, where the actual outcome is something one believes is out of their control. It has to be something actively desired otherwise it isn’t hope but mere belief, expectation or prediction, and it has be something at least partially out of one’s hands in one’s own eyes (even when one says “I hope I do X” this is suggestive that the decision and/or action is at least partially something that could not be realized despite one’s own will).

idk if stealing a news van would be the best of idea's unless you want the news reporters reporting on there own news van being stolen......

Not sure if I asked this one before, but...

Is it true that pressure is the #1 reason why many child stars go crazy?
Well, by their own accounts, a lot of them have come out about the abuse they suffered in the form of sexual trauma at the hands of those in seats of power in the industry.

I believe it is one of the reasons. I'm not going to say it's number 1. There's a lot of other factors involved too.

If you could go back in time and tell your past self about their future life, what advice would you give them?

If you could go back in time and tell your past self about their future life, what advice would you give them?
Not to F!ck my ex-husband, avoid him like the plague.

Start saving money from early age, you'll need all that to fix your stupid health failures later on.

Aaaaaaaaaargh.

I know this one is something that may not be exactly considered  unfair per say, but I was turned away from the Walking dead as a result of Glenn's death and I remember it was because I felt is was incredibly unfair.

And I understand that killing off characters with a nobody is safe attitude is sort of what the show is famous for, but that was the death that killed my enjoyment of the show. I felt if any character should survive, it should have been Glenn. Rick wouldn't have survived in the first episode if not for him, and through the seasons Glenn was responsible for saving many characters and overall was an absolute beacon of forgivness, hope and perseverance that I think really brought something special to the show. So when he was killed off, I was really struck by how  unfair it was that the person who was responsible for saving the story in the beginning didn't get to see it through all the way to the end.

Anyways, that's the most Unfair moment from a TV show that comes to mind for me, personally.

What's the most unfair moment in a movie/TV show/video game (In your opinion)?
I remember when I first watched The Phantom Menace in theatre, I thought Darth Maul had a really cheap death. Like, all that fancy fighting, and then he just got stabbed in the gut by a cheap shot that....imo, had way too much delay to even be landed. Also, don't force people have that precognition thing going on? Oh, right... that only works when it's convenient for the good guys, right?

Would it actually be possible to be born into a different family if you prevent your parents from getting together like what Stewie did in Family Guy?

Would it actually be possible to be born into a different family if you prevent your parents from getting together like what Stewie did in Family Guy?
no. if you were born to different parents, you'd have an entirely different set of genetic traits to be created from, and therefore would not be the "you" that you currently are.

But if you believe in reincarnations... then I guess that would change the perspective. I guess at the root of this question lies the conundrum of what part of "you"... is unchangeably you? My answer to that is: nothing. But that's me. I don't believe in souls and reincarnation and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back