Other Random question of the day

I mean it can considering abuse can cause truama but not everyone develops it abuse is also linked to antisocial personality disorder and sociopathy not just psychopathy so abuse actually causes three different behavioural disorders but it's not always a major gurantee that a person will develop these things.

Depends on what me in another dimension is doing differently from me here 🙃

Random question of the day:

What would you do if one day you swapped places with yourself from another dimension?
Who's to say I already did and just haven't noticed I'm in the wrong dimension? I mean, if there are infinite alternate dimensions the only difference between this one and the next could be that my neighbor has blue socks instead of yellow ones. And otherwise, everything else is exactly the same. I'd never know the difference. js

Not sure if I asked this one before, but...

Why are some companies such as Nintendo and Fresh TV so hellbent on cracking down on fan projects?

I guess for Fresh TV you're refererring to that Total Drama Reunion drama from last year? Unless they've had more fan projects shut down since.
I wasn't really following the project so I don't know the details but wasn't the problem with that that they were profiting off the franchise? Tell me if I'm wrong because I'm not 100% sure, I just remember Christian Potenza making a vid

If I had to guess, their logic is probably that time fans spend engaging fan-made content is time they aren't engaging with the company's content, which they're afraid hurts their bottom line.

Never heard of Fresh TV.
Probably Nintendo doesn't want to be shown up, who knows? Really funny actually if the fans do a better job.

reasoning on why least what i think is cause it's directly stealing from there profit ya fan-made projects aren't necessarily legal (since it is still copyright infringement if it's based on something copyrighted like pokemon) but it takes a different path if it's monetized seeing as monetized content is well creator gets money each time the vid or game is watched or played therefore it becomes theft in a way compared to non-profit fan-made content which have one a content warning and cause there is a fair use law so long as it's entertainment based and not meant to gain profit on said vid or game nintendo and Fresh can't shut it down however Nintendo and Fresh TV have a right to shut down any fan-made projects gaining profit from there copyrighted items. Like say Adrive and his pokemon related content Nintendo can not Directly sue him for copyright infringement cause he's producing content under the fair use law weather ir be shiny hunting montage vids or updates about pokemon games (like scarlet and violet) nintendo can not flag his content or shut his youtube account down cause he's using there content under the fair use clause and engaging his community under that clause.

Why are some companies such as Nintendo and Fresh TV so hellbent on cracking down on fan projects?
skip.

I don't really know what kind of instances you're talking about, and I've never even heard of Fresh TV

No idea about Fresh TV. Nintendo has always had a backwards policy on.... Everything (From not seeing the point of disc based consoles and so allowing the rise of PlayStation to their iron censorship to refusal to understand online games or Internet functionality for their consoles, like good god it took them forever and it's still bad).

There are reasons to close down fan projects, just as there are reasons to let them stay, it depends on the circumstance, but if you're asking why Nintendo is particularly rabid, well, it's Nintendo and see the above for their normal bad decisions/inadaptability.

Money somehow, I’d guess?

Wouldn’t be surprised if Nintendo hunts down every parent of a Mario and Luigi in Italy and DMCAs them.

Have you ever started a passion project before? If so, what was your project about?
Pfft... like just about every group RP I ever poured my heart into. SO much worldbuilding. But in the end, they never got anywhere and all I had to show for it was a whole bunch of unrequited lore and maps and characters

Have you ever started a passion project before? If so, what was your project about?
In the middle of one right now, actually. More than a year ago, I got the idea to make blankets for each of my children. I was 90% done with the first one, for my eldest, when I realized I hated how it looked. So I went and ripped the whole thing out, and started from scratch. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m still about halfway through it now. Hopefully I’ll have it finished before Christmas. And then onto the next one!

I have one going but it's incredibly slow. We decided to make a game with some friends! And if we make it, we'll release it as a free game. It's slowly going, but like, really slowly. Started in 2017 I believe, and I don't think we touched it for the past year or so, but we keep talking about it so maybe one day.

I have my RP, which I someday intend to convert into a TV show.
It's going to take countless revisions and might not even be the same story by the time I'm finished with it, but it's what made me decide to go into animation, and possibly screenwriting.

I have my RP, which I someday intend to convert into a TV show.
It's going to take countless revisions and might not even be the same story by the time I'm finished with it, but it's what made me decide to go into animation, and possibly screenwriting.
Currently, I'm kinda sorta working on my own writing project. I could be turned into a group RP.... but given my success rate with those and my time constraint to give it the TLC it deserves, it would only fail. So, I'm hoping to eventually turn it into a novel (or a series of novels if I ever manage to write the first one). Buuuuut, it's very much a WIP at the moment. I'm still elbows-deep in writing out my lore.

Usagi Drop. What's the best way to end a cute slice of life story about a man adopting an abandoned child? By making it end with them get married! Cause that isn't a horrifying and disgusting example of grooming.

Good god, that was such a horrible ending that no one, least of all the characters, deserved.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back