Other Random question of the day

like Onmyoji stated depends on the quality of the game that has been rebooted that can make or break it in the community of either newcomers in the genre and or the older fans who grew up playing the original version like with BDSP the reboot of pearl and diamond have a mix of reviews between both old fans who played the DS version and the newer people who are playing the reboot of the game on the switch while other reboots like say spyro has glowing reviews perhaps even better quality than there olden day counterparts (given the graphics card on the switch is of higher quality and resolution than say the NES and wii in some aspects)

Random question of the day:

When a video game/cartoon franchise is rebooted, how do you think people who played/watched the original series feel about said reboot?
most of the time, I think people are mostly disappointed with a reboot of a series or movie. Usually when these things happen, I see negative response. Video games... none come to mind at the moment, so I don't really have an opinion on that medium. I don't pay enough attention to that community, I guess.

Some will probably hate it, others may like it. I'm a fan of the Saints Row franchise but what they are doing with the new game kind of makes me real ify.

Not sure if I asked this one before, but...

Do you ever wonder how the world got to the point where fans of a franchise can make better content than the company that the respective franchise belongs to?

Content creators are just a limited set of people, while fans worldwide are much more numerous than creators. So it's not surprising some of them may come up with better ideas then the creators. Also, fans usually don't have time constraints having to release something within a fixed time frame and have more freedom.

Absolutely agreed with what Onmyoji Onmyoji said. I would add as well, ok that freedom point, that often professionals are constrained by several other constraints, such as the need to make a profit, certain laws that might apply to more large scale productions, and the needs of trying to appeal to a much broader market, among other things.

In addition to this:
> Companies are often producing or adapting the content first, meaning fan productions get the benefit of seeing what worked and what didn’t before making their own thing.
> Fan-made content is held to a lower standard to begin with, though they also have less resources to begin with, but improving things get progressively harder as you go along.

With that being said, it should also be noted that companies often have different goals than quality in production - in fact I’d say quality is too unquantifiable to be anything more than a secondary or even tertiary objective. Profit is the obvious biggest motive, but there are other things that can be noticed, such as for instance the capture of a pre-built audience. Many movies are actively made worse by trying to build sequels into themselves, and others are basenjis because someone has a good idea or passion, but only because a property happens to be popular enough for them to cash in on.

Content creators are just a limited set of people, while fans worldwide are much more numerous than creators. So it's not surprising some of them may come up with better ideas then the creators. Also, fans usually don't have time constraints having to release something within a fixed time frame and have more freedom.
now, the kicker is when fan-made content is free AND better than the original work. *coughs* skyrim *coughs*

Skill/talent isn't directly related to funding/popularity. It was always this way.

Did you ever watch The Ren and Stimpy Show when you were younger? If so, how would you describe the show looking back on it?
I fucking LOVED the Ren and Stimpy Show. I still have a pin I wear on my battle vest of them. O also had the video game on the Sega Genesis. Looking back on it, is like looking back on most things from my childhood. Its the nostalgia that makes it great. But if K were to dissect it from an unbiased perspective, it wouldn't have the same charm at all.

Yeah, my way earlier roleplays. Like when I first started.

Have you ever written/drawn/done something so cheesy that you still get teased about it in the present day?
no. not really. I mean, I remember stuff I've drawn/written that is embarrassing to remember. But no one else knew or remembers enough to tease me about it. Pretty sure ppl have better things to do with their time

Despite having problems with recognizing faces, I've never seen much resemblance between ed sheeran and rupert grint apart from the hair colour

Is it true that Ed Sheeran looks like Rupert Grint hooked up and had a kid?
I... don't know who you're talking about. I think I might have notion of Ed Sheerin, but I can't readily think of who he is. the name just sound familiar. But the other guy I haven't ever heard of for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back