Other Random question of the day

"I'm gonna ask you this one time: Where is Gamora?"
"Yeah, I'll do you one better: Who's Gamora?"
"I'll do you one better." *Stares into the middle distance* "Why is Gamora?"

Okay so only that last line was improved, still a work of pure genius.

Random question of the day:

What's the best unscripted movie scene of all time (In your opinion)?

The cast didnt know exactly what to expect, and all their reactions are legitimately unscripted when the chestburster popped out. And you gotta remember, absolutely none of this was CGI back then,

Last edited:
The chestburster is great, Veronica Cartwright even passed out after the scene was over. Viggo in the Lord of the Rings had two super good ones as well, when he kicked the helmet and screamed, after believing the hobbits were dead, his scream was so good because he actually broke two of his toes. In Fellowship, when he slapped away a knife thrown by an Uruk-Hai, that was a real knife. It had gotten mixed in with the props and woulda ended bad if Viggo wasn't secretly a Jedi Master.

Lot of really good ones though like Goodfella's 'Funny How' rant, Hannibal Lecter's creepy sounds and the shinings 'Here's Johnny' being some of my favorites.

Genuinely good politician.. We are talking about the guy behind the wonderful idea that was Bay of Pigs, right? Guy who helped end the Cuban Missile Crisis but also the dude who caused the Cuban Missile Crisis [You know, because of the whole Bay of Pigs thing {Putting missiles in Turkey really did not help}]?

Considering many of his actual good ideas were passed anyways after his death, the 'inside job', if there was one [Extremely doubt it, we've had hilariously worse presidents, and better presidents, that were never shot] was a pretty horrible inside job.

He wasn't super amazing as a president. He was.. okay. He had some good ideas that held promise, NASA and Civil Rights, had some meh ideas that had meh implementation [Alliance of Progress] and had downright horrible plans like the Bay of Pigs, setting up nukes in Turkey and the early interference in Vietnam.

He is remembered because he was charming and he was the last, and most recent, president to get assassinated and was charming enough that people actually cared [Unlike, say, poor Garfield {Although his killer, Charles Guiteau, is extremely fascinating if anyone is looking for a truly...
Interesting story to read}] but as a president and politician? Meh. Upper B-tier.

Is it true that John F. Kennedy's assassination was an inside job because of Kennedy being a genuinely good politician who wasn't corrupt? (Discuss your answers in this thread if necessary: Other - Random question of the day: The Discussions)
No such thing as a genuinely good politician. That's a game where everyone who plays gets dirty.

I personally think he got capped (in part) because he was trying to pull the country away from world banks. In essence, not having us rely on the federal reserve for our money. Those guys are illuminati level dangerous.
The result?

BAM! Cherry pie all over the backseat of the family car.

What's one of the best songs of the last decade?
Hold on... gimme a minute. I'm not even that familiar with songs from the last decade. Much less think one of them is the best.

Looked up some stuff and Spotify had this in their Best Metal Songs of the Decade (2010-2019)
I already really liked this song, but never paid attention to when it came out. So I guess... there ya go

Not sure if I asked this one before, but...

Have you had any mental ailments since the pandemic started?
Depression? Frustration? An overwhelming and unyielding feeling of dread and hopelessness at the thought that you've spent over a decade trying to get your life together and it still isn't happening?

(Honestly has nothing to do with the pandemic. If anything the Covid relief checks were a windfall to a problem I had since way before)

Does any of that count?

Depression? Frustration? An overwhelming and unyielding feeling of dread and hopelessness at the thought that you've spent over a decade trying to get your life together and it still isn't happening?

(Honestly has nothing to do with the pandemic. If anything the Covid relief checks were a windfall to a problem I had since way before)

Does any of that count?
I'm...not entirely sure. But I suppose I'll give it a pass.

Also, kindof an element they had in Planet of the Apes. They had pet humans

Do you believe in fate?
no. but I believe in determinism.
Determinism is the theory that you are the result of all the actions that came before you. Imagine life, existence, being broken down into mathematical probability. And every action and reaction that has ever been, is determined by the actions before it. It DOES strip away the concept of free will, like the concept of fate. But instead of some existential phenomena, our actions are determined by likelihood. Of course, the variables are too great for a single mind to possibly account for. but that doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Do you believe in fate?

Not overall. I don't believe in fate as some external impersonal force leading all events, however I do believe that within God's plan there are some events which must come to pass. God allows humanity to have free will, imposing only certain key events.

I've always believed fate to be a painting. You don't get to pick the canvas, its size, shape or material, this has been decided already: your social-economic status at birth, your parents, the location you are born, etc. These things are out of our control and were set in stone, we can not change them. However, what that painting actually is is entirely up to us and our actions, if it's beautiful or ugly, if it's profound to all or just a few, if it's a painting we will look upon with pride or regret when we finish... this is up to us, our actions and choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back