Other Random question of the day

That is a good question, fast foods have something added to it making it delicious while fruits and vegetables don't have anything added except good vitimans for our body.

Fast food not only contains various harmful flavourings to give them appeal, but a lot of them also contain substances that are addictive/trigger chemical production in the brain! It's why you'll feel happier eating, say, McDonald's, as opposed to an apple. Though your body would probably rather have the apple, the brain wants the wacky chemicals!

From what I understand, you naturally craves fats and simple sugars because they provide high amounts of energy, which can then be stored for future use. It was useful for our anscestors who didn't know when their next meal would come from. Less useful now when most people have plenty of access to food.

It's pretty much what Macintot Macintot said- our bodies evolved under survival conditions, where food was scarce and required a lot of effort to obtain, so food which was capable of sustaining us better under such conditions was preferable and our bodies responded better to it to "teach us" as much if you will. We knew we shouldn't eat rotten fruit because it tasted awful, we knew we should eat more meat because it tasted better. Society and technology grow way faster than multicelular evolution can though, and so our bodies are still adapted to those conditions, but we don't really require the constant effort to obtain it in our day-to-day lifestyle, and our food is nowhere near as scarce either.

An excess is just as bad as a deficiency of the same degree.

That's not fair, I adore eating fruit.

Generally speaking, the entire idea of having the luxury of deciding what to eat and if its the 'healthy' or 'unhealthy' option for your diet is kinda new to the human species.

To be fair, the threshold for seemingly anyone to make fun of anything is pretty low. You really don't even have to do anything wrong, and celebrities a) are human too, and b) get a PR boost.

Celebrities have an opinion on everything, just like everyone on the planet, problem is celebrities also have people willing to actually listen to their dumb opinions unlike said normal people that get their twitter/reddit rants ignored.

Or as Ricky Gervais said at the 2020 Golden Globes:

It’s the last time, who cares? Apple roared into the TV game with The Morning Show, a superb drama about the importance of dignity and doing the right thing, made by a company that runs sweatshops in China. Well, you say you’re woke but the companies you work for in China — unbelievable. Apple, Amazon, Disney. If ISIS started a streaming service you’d call your agent, wouldn’t you?

So if you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a platform to make a political speech. You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg.

So if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent, and your God and fuck off, OK? It’s already three hours long. Right, let’s do the first award.

As for why video game companies are coming to the forefront, video games, themselves, are becoming more and more important and popular even more then they already were. Unlike with movies where you can mock a director or actor, with video games its more the company that develops the game that becomes the 'face' of the industry.

I had to search my blog to remember what happened in 2008...
I went to France and I managed to meet a friend irl who I mostly talk to online. We're still friends and met a few more times after XD

Gosh, I don't remember too much about 2008. I was in 4th/5th grade, so probably hanging out with my friends. I haven't talked to them in a while; I moved away a few years later.

Pick a Pokemon protagonist. Or a Fossil Fighters protagonist. I'd get to go live out my childhood fantasies, even if just for a day. (It's 2 a.m. and I'm feeling sentimental, don't judge me.)

Probably something nice, like a Pokemon protagonist or maybe the main character from Stardew Valley. Something nice, easy and relaxing. Wouldn't want to be in Total War: Warhammer, RimWorld, Fallout, Kenshi, etc because... I don't wanna die a horrible death. Persona might not be too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back