Other Random question of the day

Random question of the day:

Do you play GTA Online? If so, what kind of player are you?
nope. But I have played the first couple instances on console. there wasn't a character creation option, so it didnt hold my interest for too long.

Why is it that Anakin Skywalker was able to survive after getting his limbs cut off, yet his wife Padmé died from sadness?
Simple. She's a wanker. Also, Darth Maul survived getting cut in half.
Soooo... something-something Dark side powers, plot device, yadda-yadda. The prequels were trash, etc.
-OR-

Because people don't have vital organs in their limbs. If you lose a limb, the thing that is going to kill you is blood loss. That becomes a non-issue if you lose it to a lightsaber as it cauterizes the wound so you aren't going to bleed out. Between that and his severe burns, the biggest threat to Anakin was infection [I assume his lungs were burnt too from breathing in the smoke.. from the fire of his own body.. and is why he needs a respirator as Vader].

As pointed out by Verena, you actually can die from a broken heart, its called Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy. Seriously, stress can do insane things to the human body.

(I've never actually seen ROTS, just absorbed the story through pop culture osmosis, so take this with a grain of salt.)

To add to Cosmo Cosmo and Verena Verena , Padme gets force-choked by Anakin shortly before he death, which could have left her with massive airway trauma. Though I'm guessing they didn't show her trachea collapse on a movie marketed towards kids. It's also possible, if both her trachea and a nearby large vein both ruptured, one or more air bubbles could have been sucked into her blood stream. Those air bubbles would have continued through circulation until they got lodged in the blood vessels of her lungs, causing a pulmonary embolism. PEs can kill people very quickly for seemingly no reason; they're often not found until autopsy.

Is it likely? I doubt it. But it's an explanation at least.

Not sure if I asked this before, but...

If they were to make a sequel to Poker Night 2, what characters would you like to see added to the game?

No answers to yesterday's question. What a shame.

What would the world look like today if electricity was free like Nikola Tesla wanted it to be?

Not much? Making electricity free or subsidized by the local government doesn't mean the electrical industry and infrastructure needed to create a grid is going to magically spring into place in Sub-Saharan Africa nor do they suddenly get the economic strength to support and provide it out of the blue.

For the rest of the world, its meh. One less bill to pay, poorer, more at risk families, suddenly have one less worry in their lives, but its not really going to create a whole lot of change.

Unless you are magicking in electricity for everyone and it all runs on unlimited unobtanium which is a different matter.

Last edited:
Those prank jelly donuts filled with mustard: Sweet and upbeat on the outside but secretly filled with nihilism and crippling self-esteem issues.

Have you ever had to change your plans for the day because of a family member?
That actually just happened today! I was gonna go shopping, but my sister needed to drop off my niece because of a work emergency, so I spent a lot of today doinf errands and watching her.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back