Other Random question of the day

Sorry, guys. Fooled ya! Yesterday's question was an April Fools Joke. Sorry if I got your hopes up.

Random question of the day:

Would you consider yourself a guardian angel for someone else?

I hope I am in a way. My current job attracts a lot of angry customers, and we have a lot of very young employees (including employees with disabilities) who get picked on by customers all the time. It drives me nuts and I do my best to defend them. I've had people literally call my coworkers slurs before, which I need not explain, is absolutely disgusting. Honestly, at this point, I'm not at all afraid to kick someone out of the business I work if they're being excessively rude to my coworkers. I used to be more timid but I take it as my responsibility to fend off rude people now. Just part of my job lol

Last edited:

Someone involved with Superman once said that you don't have to be Superman to be a hero, and that the smallest thing you do can make you a hero. Do you believe this to be true?

Someone involved with Superman once said that you don't have to be Superman to be a hero, and that the smallest thing you do can make you a hero. Do you believe this to be true?

Absolutely! Every little thing we do ripples in the world in ways we can't even imagine, and we all have the potential to do great good for the world. What's a hero if not one who eases another's suffering or brings them joy? You don't need to be a superhero to be a mother, a father, a friend, to be there for people, or just to lend a ear or a shoulder to cry on, you don't need superpowers to share things with people, or to help them flourish.

Absolutely! Every little thing we do ripples in the world in ways we can't even imagine, and we all have the potential to do great good for the world. What's a hero if not one who eases another's suffering or brings them joy? You don't need to be a superhero to be a mother, a father, a friend, to be there for people, or just to lend a ear or a shoulder to cry on, you don't need superpowers to share things with people, or to help them flourish.

Well said! I couldn't have said it better. Totally agree

Why has MTV gone from making music tv to making reality tv?

Ratings. Simple as that. Reality shows attract more eyeballs. It's a whole trend, many channels fell into, namely the history channel as well, simply because there was an explosion of popularity that their former audience couldn't match.

Furthermore, with the various ways of listening to music we have nowadays, who is really gonna go through the trouble of watching on a television? Open youtube or spotify or itunes or something, and you probably will find it there, at any time you want, in a much more portable and accessible format.

Would you consider yourself a guardian angel for someone else?

Pfft. No. Not by any means. Frankly, I'm not even sure what that means entirely. But aside from my kiddo, I'm not obligated to look out after anyone else.

Ratings. Simple as that. Reality shows attract more eyeballs. It's a whole trend, many channels fell into, namely the history channel as well, simply because there was an explosion of popularity that their former audience couldn't match.

Furthermore, with the various ways of listening to music we have nowadays, who is really gonna go through the trouble of watching on a television? Open youtube or spotify or itunes or something, and you probably will find it there, at any time you want, in a much more portable and accessible format.

Despite how inconvenient and annoying it was, I find myself missing cable TV out of simple nostalgia a lot, lol. There was something fun about being a kid and gathering with my family or friends to watch American Idol or whatever happened to be on.

Alright, because of the outage from the past few days, I'll be asking three questions today. Here we go.

Random question of the day #1:

Do you feel like some people are too stubborn and opinionated for their own good? (If I have already asked this question, let me know.)

Random question of the day #2:

Have you ever had those moments where you've doubted your purpose in life?

Random question of the day #3:

Do you feel like Atari's video game empire deserved to crumble the way it did in the 1980s?

All the time, but I'm coming to terms with the fact that I don't really need to have a purpose. Jellyfish float through the sea their entire lives and then perish- no matter how many times I give up on something, lie in bed all day or socially isolate myself, at least I still did more than a jellyfish. I'm okay with that much.

Do you feel like some people are too stubborn and opinionated for their own good? (If I have already asked this question, let me know.)

I'm totally not too opinionated for my own good.

>.>

<.<

Yeah, a number of them. I don't know what my purpose is. I do not believe it is up for me to decide either, but rather something up to God. But while I might not know of any one big, overall, all-defining purpose for myself, I do know I have many smaller, more localized purposes, duties and responsibilities, and place where I am welcome and I can contribute. I know that I have things I can give, and ways I can be better, I know I have friends and loved ones for whom I matter, and that my every action and decision will have some impact on the world by the simple fact I made that choice and not another, for such is the way time works in such an interconnected universe: Even small things ripple into consequences.

Do you feel like Atari's video game empire deserved to crumble the way it did in the 1980s?

No clue.

Yes and no? I think it’s important to recognise that it’s an opinion and thus can never be right or wrong, hence the reason you should be open to both praise and criticism of your public opinions, I personally believe people who do not compromise on both ends, i.e. acknowledging the points of the contrary view, and respecting that you aren’t going to change the op’s opinion, is key to an enjoyable debate.
either way it’s nearly impossible to get this online nowadays, on both ends i think people mix up what is opinion and what is plain offensive,

Alright, because of the outage from the past few days, I'll be asking three questions today. Here we go.

#1.- Well, people can often be stubborn, but I guess it all comes down to how sometimes those people know they are being stubborn and yet they are willing to listen to what you got to say. Maybe you cant change their view, but they at least listen, so I guess the answer is a yes and no.

#2.- Not really. I live to serve and to serve is to make others happy. I have never doubted on that one. Sometimes is harder to manage it, but I never doubted on it.

#3.- Man, Atari is such a story, I mean, as far as I know they keep working on stuff. Not so much videogames as others, but I mean, they are still working and existing.

Yes, kinda like me. I'm extremely opinionated, and have been told by many people that I have a lust for power and a 'god complex'. Honestly, I don't give a shit though, because the people who've had the balls to say that ended up being wrong either way. I guess that's the point, isn't it?

Who doesn't? I have, but I've learned what it truly is over time.

No. They made so many people happy.

1. I mean, I think being a bit opinionated is good. But its a scale, right? Its not a YES or NO. Sticking to your guns is good, you shouldn't drop all your beliefs the second someone says otherwise, but you should be open enough to learn new things and change your mind if strong enough evidence, or personal experience, comes your way.

2. Existential Crisis is the lifeblood of sports car dealerships. So, yea, I imagine everyone does.

3. I mean, it was just Atari. I really can't imagine the 'world of video games' would be that different if Atari hadn't pulled a Hindenburn. You'd still have PC being the big one [Since the introduction of the PC really smacked down the Atari], mobile gaming being a thing and the rest of the market share being taken up by the few consoles strong enough to survive... And I still don't see Atari surviving unless they go full Nintendo [IE, grab a few successful IPs in your iron grip and grip them so hard you can survive even when you are incredibly anti-consumer and just... way behind everyone else in every field] especially since Atari weren't exactly the most business savvy, seriously going to need some changes for them to survive. A big part of the video game crash was Atari's fault [massively overvaluing themselves and their product along with mass production of horrible games that killed consumer trust, loss of IP control and an oversaturated console world that was destined to weed out those that couldn't survive], so... Nah, its whatever. Free Market, strong survives, play stupid games, win stupid prizes, pick whatever phrase ya want.

When I was a kid, I wanted to be an animator. When I was a teenager, I wanted to be a novelist. Given time, turns out I don't really enjoy either. Worrying about being "good" sucks all the joy out of it.

Alright, because the site was down AGAIN for the past two days, I'll be asking another two questions today. Here we go.

Which fictional moms/dads are you glad aren't yours?

What's one fictional company you would love to work at?

Which fictional moms/dads are you glad aren't yours?
Where do I even begin... I'd be here all day if I tried to list every single one so I'll just say the first that came to mind. He's always scared me since I was a child, despite not actually being that bad of a parent (sometimes), the King of All Cosmos from Katamari Damacy. His failure screen was TERRIFYING.

Yeah, most definitely. And I'm probably one of them. I often find that I inevitably wind up stepping on the toes of people if I don't bite my proverbial tongue and/or water down my opinions when I comment. Most of the time, I rephrase well enough that I just ruffle feathers at worst. But occasionally, I really get some ppl barking up my tree because of something I said. C'est la vie.

The purpose in life is to live. Anything past that is a self-indulgence. I stopped giving a shit about existentialism in my late twenties.

Deserved is a weird way of thinking about it. But I guess they just failed to read the crowd and didn't get on board with the right concepts ahead of the competitors. Again, C'est la vie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back