Other Random question of the day

Why do some games, tv shows or movies feel the need to put unneccessary characters in them?

Many reasons. The main being that
A) What characters are or not "necessary" is, depending on your worldview, either subjective or an incredibly difficult subject to navigate
B) Because even the very idea of "not necessary=shouldn't be here" is not necessarily accurate.

Random question of the day:

Why do some games, tv shows or movies feel the need to put unneccessary characters in them?
Depends on what is Unneccessary, perhaps one is there for comedic relief And one is there for fan service, there really is no unneccessary characters in anything.

No answers yesterday. What a shame.

Do you think that Square Enix pulled a George Lucas with the Kingdom Hearts series and were only patting out the plethora of prequels and side stories to keep the interest going until Kingdom Hearts III finally came out?

Hakumen_%28BlazBlue_Cross_Tag_Battle%2C_Character_Select_Artwork%29.png

I'm going to say Star Wars, but I think that's mostly because I haven't actually seen Star Trek. If I ever find the time to watch the original series I think I am likely to change my mind considering some of the things I've heard about it in terms of how it handles characters and themes.

Star Wars.
I watched a couple episodes of Star Trek but I'm not very familiar with it. I know the series has a long history but I completely missed all of it.
Star Wars, on the other hand, influenced me a lot when I was growing up. It used to be a very big part of my life at certain point, my first steps into web design were related to making a Star Wars website lol

No answers yesterday. What a shame.

Do you think that Square Enix pulled a George Lucas with the Kingdom Hearts series and were only patting out the plethora of prequels and side stories to keep the interest going until Kingdom Hearts III finally came out?
Yeah probably but it's not all that bad is it?

What kind of YouTube videos did you used to watch back in the golden days of YouTube?

I'm not sure which were the golden days if there were any, but way back when Youtube first started I used to watch anime, and I had to pause the video to let it buffer all the way through before watching because internet was so slow then. XD

I enjoyed the kids/teens/etc. react vids a lot and watched a bit of Wil Wheaton's Tabletop thing.

Nowadays I watch dramas/shows that aren't available elsewhere and music videos and not much else. Sometimes instructional videos. Youtube is a tool for me rather than an entertainment.

What kind of YouTube videos did you used to watch back in the golden days of YouTube?
Honestly, the only thing I ever watch on youtube is music. And I don't even watch the video most of the time. I put my headphones on and write with the BGM. I have a nice ad blocker in place, so I can just hit play and it goes uninterrupted for a long time before asking me if I'm still watching. And that's all I've ever used youtube for. I don't really give a shit about all these youtubers with their opinions and tutorials or unboxings and reviews and whatnot.

I don’t know what the golden days are/were, but when I was younger I watched a lot of comedy channels and American Girl Doll videos (I was really young okay?). I remember Smosh being a common one I liked.

I don't know when golden days were, right now it looks popular rnough.

I used to check music mostly and occasionally anime clips. Now it's pretty much the same (music) except that instead of anime clips it's cdramas.

I don’t think I use YouTube back in its golden days, but I used to follow a lot of comedic vloggers. Now I follow news sources and science channels instead. I still use it to find new music from time to time though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back