Other Random question of the day

Back when I worked in customer service, I had a lady want to speak to my manager over one penny.

She's come to the service desk because she didn't trust the self-check register and wanted me to make sure it didn't shortchange her. (Why, then did she use the selfcheck and not a manned register, you might ask? I don't know.) It turned out that a couple clearance Items had been scanned at full price, so the grand total we owed her. . . was sixty three cents. After paying her back her sixty three cents, she wanted me to double check everything again to make sure she hadn't been shortchanged more. All in all I spent twenty minutes doing math by hand for this lady and completely returned and rerang her items at least once to make sure they were all correct. In the end, there was a difference of one cent between my math and what was shown on the receipt.

So I said, "I'll just give you the extra penny." Did you catch catch that word: extra? Well she sure did. To her this one penny was NOT extra, and she was going to bring up my manager to prove it. So we have to wait for my manager to arrive and the she spends another ten minutes doing math by hand to try and appease this lady over the validity of her one-cent overcharge.

We gave her the penny.

That was the closest I ever came to going off on a customer.
Gee, sounds like a typical Karen to me.

Because they want to make it harder for people because they're being assholes. Not a very good answer, but I don't exactly have the time for a detailed one.

they just want to be 'in trend' and make things look 'more modern'
Sometimes it doesn't work out as expected.

What is the correlation? I know it's bad for everyone, but what would make it bad for people with Tourettes specifically?
Well, my parents told me a story they saw on tv: A person with Gilles de la Tourettes was constantly coughing and saying he had COVID-19, angering people with it. That led to me to believe that people with Tourettes have it harder in this pandemic because of that coughing tick and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back