Other Random question of the day

Uhhhh, I'd step down. No fuss or scandals about me. No no no no, and finally no. No thank you. It's not that I couldn't handle it...it's just that I would hate that job.

I'll start by panicking because how many people are dead for me to be next in line? I don't even make the age requirement.

Random yet satisfying answer of the day:

I don't really care. Ta-Da!
Biblical stuff...isn't what I'd call something I pay attention to every day. I don't believe in this so I think that I'm not gonna give you an answer you want...so I'll just not. Yeah.

Is trolling immature in your eyes?

Not necessarily immature, but in poor taste most of the time. Trolling someone during a serious conversation or when you're dealing with someone who was already emotionally disturbed (such as being sad or upset or the like), for instance. Trolling is a form of humor, and like any kind of humor or joke, it has it's time and place- at times it can even be productive of all things- but trolling is usually a type of humor that is designed in a way as to get a reaction of confusion or upsetting people, and so one ought to at least not do it during any form of sensitive situation. There's a fine line between trolling and things like bullying or gaslighting, so it has to be done with care.

In a proper situation and with thought put into it though, it can truly be hilarious.

Random yet satisfying answer of the day:

I don't really care. Ta-Da!
Biblical stuff...isn't what I'd call something I pay attention to every day. I don't believe in this so I think that I'm not gonna give you an answer you want...so I'll just not. Yeah.
Not believing in something doesn't make you immune to its implications. You don't have to believe in earth's gravitational constant, but if you stepped off the edge of a skyscraper without any fall-arresting equipment, I imagine you would start believing very quickly... but it would be to late at that point. Unlike stepping off a skyscraper, the consequences of many actions do not manifest immediately.

Random question of the day:

Is trolling immature in your eyes?
No. I think mature, intelligent people can make the best-worst trolls.

Mortal Kombat or Killer Instinct?
A few years ago I would have said Mortal Kombat. It was one of my first fighting games.
However, this year I kinda got into Killer Instinct and enjoyed it a lot. So I'll probably pick KI this time. Simply because that's the game I played more as of recent.

Random question of the day:

Mortal Kombat or Killer Instinct?
Mortal Kombat. I had the first and third ones on my Sega Genesis growing up. My cousins had killer instinct.
Though, Mortal Kombat has kindof gone overboard over the years. I liked it in its simple, arcade form. Fighting versus games shouldn't have this ridiculous overblown story mode, imo.

Not believing in something doesn't make you immune to its implications. You don't have to believe in earth's gravitational constant, but if you stepped off the edge of a skyscraper without any fall-arresting equipment, I imagine you would start believing very quickly... but it would be to late at that point. Unlike stepping off a skyscraper, the consequences of many actions do not manifest immediately.
Ah, but your example misleads. You see, gravity is not simply a belief or a culture; it's facts. Science. Religion? You do not want to get me started. It's not that I don't like it or anything. It's very....interesting. But, I am going to have to disagree with you right here. It does make me immune if it doesn't apply to me. 'Sin' is no more than a concept for the 'righteous' to say that you've done something morally wrong or incorrect. And that, my friend, is simply bullshit. Not to offend you or anything, and sorry if I have! It's just that religious concepts can never apply to me. And, nobody can, or is, allowed to force any 'implications' upon me. It simply has no affect on me whatsoever, and never will. Belief is something that can be broken or withered to corruption over time (which many religions have prooved to have been corrupted at certain times), and that isn't allowed for me. I won't allow some random church or religious organization tell me what to do, and tell me what's wrong or right, or what is a 'sin'. No god can choose where to put me after I die, because if a god does exsist (and yes, I do have a religion of my own, but I'm not speaking for them), then they would have no such power over me. I will not explain this further, because this is a lot of typing for a simple response of, 'sorry, but no implications exsist anyways, so I'm good'.

Though, Mortal Kombat has kindof gone overboard over the years. I liked it in its simple, arcade form. Fighting versus games shouldn't have this ridiculous overblown story mode, imo.
I do agree with that, and I think that the controls for the arcade machine versions were a lot easier to manage (even if they didn't tell you the finishers). Although I used to have a Sega Genysis, I kinda lost it to some asshole teacher. I miss it. It was some good fun.

I do agree with that, and I think that the controls for the arcade machine versions were a lot easier to manage (even if they didn't tell you the finishers). Although I used to have a Sega Genysis, I kinda lost it to some asshole teacher. I miss it. It was some good fun.
you can still get the Retron system to play old cartidges. But I've been told the gaming controls it comes with are trash, and its better to seek out some original controllers instead.

Ah, but your example misleads. You see, gravity is not simply a belief or a culture; it's facts. Science. Religion? You do not want to get me started. It's not that I don't like it or anything. It's very....interesting. But, I am going to have to disagree with you right here. It does make me immune if it doesn't apply to me. 'Sin' is no more than a concept for the 'righteous' to say that you've done something morally wrong or incorrect. And that, my friend, is simply bullshit. Not to offend you or anything, and sorry if I have! It's just that religious concepts can never apply to me. And, nobody can, or is, allowed to force any 'implications' upon me. It simply has no affect on me whatsoever, and never will. Belief is something that can be broken or withered to corruption over time (which many religions have prooved to have been corrupted at certain times), and that isn't allowed for me. I won't allow some random church or religious organization tell me what to do, and tell me what's wrong or right, or what is a 'sin'. No god can choose where to put me after I die, because if a god does exsist (and yes, I do have a religion of my own, but I'm not speaking for them), then they would have no such power over me. I will not explain this further, because this is a lot of typing for a simple response of, 'sorry, but no implications exsist anyways, so I'm good'.
We know there are laws that govern the physical universe: physics, astronomy, mathematics, etc. What about laws that govern the non-physical aspects of the universe e.g., the development or distintigration of the human personailty? The rise and fall of nations? Is it all just random and chaotic?

We are free to believe whatever we want to believe, but I will reiterate that there will always be consequences for everything that you and I do whether we choose to believe in a certain thing or not: consequences for living an honest life; consequences for living a dishonest life; consequences for cheating; consequences for not cheating, etc. Living an honest life may benefit one person, and it could be to the detriment of another person. So which one is right? Is there even a right way? Regardless of what we believe, there will be consequences for our actions. Obviously.

We know there are laws that govern the physical universe: physics, astronomy, mathematics, etc. What about laws that govern the non-physical aspects of the universe e.g., the development or distintigration of the human personailty? The rise and fall of nations? Is it all just random and chaotic?

We are free to believe whatever we want to believe, but I will reiterate that there will always be consequences for everything that you and I do whether we choose to believe in a certain thing or not: consequences for living an honest life; consequences for living a dishonest life; consequences for cheating; consequences for not cheating, etc. Living an honest life may benefit one person, and it could be to the detriment of another person. So which one is right? Is there even a right way? Regardless of what we believe, there will consequences for our actions. Obviously.
One word: Determinism

Users who are viewing this thread

Back