Other Random question of the day

If talk is cheap, why is phone service so expensive?
Because it's not talking they are charging you for, but for the use of their technology and services. Furthermore, it tends to create a natural monopoly, the more users a certain type of phone network (I'm not 100% sure the right term, but you get the idea) has, the more people tend to go to it. Consumer surplus is therefore eaten up by the company, making it considerably more expensive than it has to be.

You're not alone there. I also have too much time on hands.

Random question of the day:

If talk is cheap, why is phone service so expensive?
Long term investments. Or in other words the natural intended Tesla principle, but a hundred years late. Also on something that is more so an ancient social tool than for a practical necessity for the average or poorer goer, making the thing irrelevant anyway.

Unlike getting short term funds this is a service that is guaranteed to be reutilized over and over again by repeat costumers. Nobody just appears and buys the ability to speak to others. They pay to use an entire service that is maintained, expanded, and upgraded upon by that specific brand. In some cases, they also build the elements that go into your tablets, phones, smartphones, etc. What tends to happen is, these bits and bobs can be purchased by manufacturers even for those specific cases or so, and thus a new generation is born and tested. As tech improves, it is necessary to be done with the old and upgrade. However in this field, more people want it and creates a trend. Something that takes a few years to progress to its fullest extent of that generation has become akin to a fashion trend. That's one of the reasons people get a new "phone" every year despite it at this point no longer being just a phone. This is one of the factors that make them go ahead to create new types every year despite it being the same thing until the 3rd - 5th year. That is the baseline for the progression of the field, so it's better just staying with the one until then. Though sometimes it may even take a decade, like the baseline for a vaccine to be created/progressed.

So in the end you're paying an upkeep cost to a brand, after also paying to have a new phone, as well as to talk. If more people use it, the service becomes flooded. So it needs to be expanded upon further to accommodate. The better or more stable it is, the chances of more people flooding it in. So it needs another one. Then, as the communication to others desired spreads, this needs to cross the distance. You don't just pull up your phone and suddenly have the ability to dial up somebody. The entire system involves broadcasting towers, satellites, etc which isn't exactly connected, but the brand needs to accommodate for this natural progression themselves. As it progresses, if it even does, then we get to a point where if the tech and service itself is good, it will spread through a variety of means. Thus the people themselves decide which ones to go with. They usually trust the age old due to familiarity, until greater progression can be achieved once that critical step is met. Thus it gets flooded again.

The overall cost of this shared monopoly is simple. Varying from about 20 - 70 USD, and the overall thing usually being monthly. However the less people there are using it, the more expensive it becomes to justify it's continuation. The more that uses it, the cost can become fixed, and vary between "cheaper" and more expensive based upon other factors such as technological improvement.

In reality it goes even further beyond. The cost doesn't actually usually change, but the payment frequency does. Ranging from a fixed or varied price over a week - annually. So in a number of cases but not all of them, you're actually ending up paying the same or slightly over, but at different periods applicable. You may only be using it to call people, but you'll still be charged the same cost as everything else regardless.

If we use 40$ as a baseline per month, you're paying 480$ every year. However, some brands can go down as low as 25$ for the first month as a trial period. If you're somebody that barely uses it except for a job like communicating with employers and all, or just for your friends, then you're not using it as much. But it tends to be a fixed price, so at maximum you're still blowing off hundreds for something you, as in overall comparison to others, barely use. Then if you're also paying for an additional phone, such as a family if individually, that's in the 800 range. But that's why family plans exist, so. Let's assume that's akin to Verizon or something with a 35$ but at a fixed price every month. That's hysterically 420$ a year.

You also could just get a VR headset at that price, and effectively call people or actually meet them in a dedicated chat room for basically 5 years until it dies on average, [not calculating any maintenance done, production faults, or human error.] Not paying for it at all besides the electricity and internet bill every month. But this so far isn't a long term solution, nor is it probable for short randomized conversations under a minute. But for long distance meetings it's good enough, and what tends to happen anyway. Especially now with what happens in a number of city-based jobs, you communicate over an app on a computer like Skype and Discord getting rid of the phone angle anyway. For these scenarios, you save more than bothering with a phone to begin with. Now the great thing is, while a phone is a necessity socially, you don't actually need it for work. On some applications, both physical and online, there is even fields for "other" methods of communication to begin with. But these are from your usual/mid level varied jobs. Hotels, motels, Walmarts, some super stores/malls, etc. And chances are even if you're a college super genius, you'll end up there anyway if you don't have all the wealth to get into the higher jobs.

You just use it to communicate with your family more often. So if you're planning on getting something explicitly for work and your boss isn't an incompetent asshat that begs you to come to work on a day off randomly, like you're Duke Nukem or something against an alien threat nobody else can take on, then you don't need it exactly. Especially if you have a long distance family, primarily viewing it as parents, siblings, etc, and you're effectively alone, then you can stick to your one-off payment of even a laptop. OR, you could have a phone, but as long as it could connect to a source of internet to use an app, you could skirt the payment to call service via utilizing such apps. Thus you don't actually even need it if viewed by a solely logical and cost effective lens. You merely need to stay in touch with family if either side is in good enough standing to care, and the ability to conduct online meetings and work. You don't need a phone bill for this. But a phone is more comfortable to the wider audience or in other group terms, communicative choir. So the family might get pissy if one don't pay a phone bill that might not even be used to its fullest extent. Then some employers are still ancient AF, so like a old bigwig they'll probably not even know of that option. HOWEVER if you can make it to a job and partake in an interview, and you get the job in some form if not then and there, you can get again avoid paying a phone bill.

Alternatively if you live with one family member and they're cool with it, then you could utilize their ancient landline, or their actual phone as a source for this. Thus you still avoid the phone bill, but you probably might end up paying your family member some sort of fee for leaching off them. Alternatively a fee could be ignored with family, if you gave them some sort of deal to work off. Such as if you live with them then you do most of everything around the house like a personal robot for free. So by still using a general purpose "you", if you are of the mindset of at least wanting to save up as much money as possible, then that's one of the ways you can do so. Though if working on a fixed salary, it could be viewed as a better option than just a meh one. As you can see above, it can be viewed as quite expensive yearly for what equates ultimately to a "back up line" if one doesn't always use it. Every month a low price yes, but if you didn't pay it to begin with, you'd save up far more alongside whatever you make also. So for the next year, you effectively are "richer" than somebody else in the same living standard and job. And a number of employers but not all could also agree to it, cutting it off. But if they're aware of what it's being done for entirely, then I have witnessed a case where they've effectively removed some pay. Presumably because to them it's more of a "hassle" to get to you at long distance, despite their own phones perfectly able to get with the program. While others pretty much already do this beyond just the long-distance meeting angle by default. It also depends on job. You don't need a phone if your pay from work comes from online work and following transactions, or you sit down all day in front of a camera or webcam. The only options shut down for you would be things either you might not get or be interested in anyway, or the highest of the high. Low grade workplaces like a sonic, all the way up to a standard Walmart job don't 100% need it. Though I'm aware that it also depends upon where you live for a number of them too.

So one may be highly screwed if in the case of variation, but thanks to China being batshit insane alongside the brain deads that accepted it, you mostly converse socially online anyway or even work online likes others' dreams, so it is more acceptable. Since this will last past the year most likely at least, you have plenty of ways to go about it. You can also experiment around the house or apartment to see if you can get rid or lessen other sources of expenditure instead. For the active-use person, those that want a better job and are willing to expend for like a single month at least for it, or the most bizarrely social, get a phone. For types that are indifferent or the cost is minimal such as you making over 1,500 a week/month do whatever. For the introverts, those that have a boner for saving funds, and those who don't actively use it every waking minute to call somebody, it is a viable option to look into methods of ditching the payment matrix, either directly or redirecting it into a more viable source.

But as per usual succeeding enough online to make doing whatever you are doing a job, or people actually being interested in your work and you keep up the quality of improve it, whether it be editorial/editing talents, art, vlogs, just being entertaining, etc, that is the best possible job. It is the thing that can make you happiest most, and you can make others such as sponsorships play your game if you do decide to ditch a phone altogether. By that point if they're actually interested in you, they'd contact you online anyway or through other methods applicable. As per usual, research will be needed to make any service ditching option, job, etc work out. Being a blind munce going into or anything else for that matter will get you minced. So don't be like a copycat that has no idea what they're doing or getting into. This is why testing any outcomes but with fail-safes exists. Like trying to start off small with a 10kg weight and working your way up if viable, rather than starting off with trying to lift the 80kg box, just to achieve working with another box after all that containing an object of 145kg. >_> and yeah, I kind of had knowledge of some dude trying to train themselves with a weight too heavy for them and busting out their back, trying to get ready to move something heavier. I think it's an apt reference to be used here to keep other people from being braindead themselves. Boy is today a fun age.

Random question of the day:

Do you wish people had more time on hands sometimes?
Negatory.

I have enough time myself, and I do not wish others to be more available to me. When the time is right, they will come. Being pushed along to feeling like their activities are a boring slog, or that something is viewed as higher priority to be completed and causing stress is something they certainly do not need.

Numa numa guy.
We need more of that today, and less superstars trying to get on YouTube being faker than Milli Vanilli. Just have a time of their lives, and cease caring about the lousy cowards outside.

Ironically, the YouTube channel T2Darlantan introduced me to em. I was watching one of the vids that eventually got taken down, and in the recommendeds there it was. It was my first official meme I had ever seen taken directly from the original source. The second being hamster dance, then keyboard cat. It was a simpler time, a garry's mod time.

I might be the only person on Earth who still giggles like a small child whenever I see a good lolcat. Yes, tiny furred mammal. You can haz cheeseburger.

Close eye once for blinking, close eye twice for winking.
Close eye three times if a reflex forced the eye to blink twice.

To blink, you close all your eyes. To wink, you have to have one eye open. Therefore' cyclopses blink, not wink (and both those words have now lost all meaning).

Depends on what he is trying to convey with that action. If it's involuntary it's a blink and if he does it on purpose it's a wink.

I mostly agree with Onmyoji Onmyoji , in that I would say the intention defines which it is, though I disagree on will being the criteria. If the cyclops is attempting to communicate the things with a wink- for instance cheekiness or playfulness, or prompting someone “this is your cue”- then it’s a wink. Otherwise, I would say it’s a blink, even if done intentionally.

Most of all, I like to watch travel shows. Travelling is expensive and it's kinda impossible for me to visit some places, so I like to watch travel shows to see those places and learn interesting things about them. I'm not sure, do they count as reality shows?
Aside from that I like detectives.

I don't really watch TV, but on the rare occasions I do I usually like sci-fi/fantasy or historical dramas.

I watch Netflix and other prerecordings unless on Saturdays and Wednesdays.
I don't watch TV but cartoons, anime/Japanese cartoons, mailcall, Discovery channel on that Wednesday, history related materials, and whatever recording of old thing that pops up that I'm interested in seeing.

things like the Kardashians annoy me, I'm not interested in most romcom, the only opera I like is the singing or when it's in space, screaming helmet hair new jerseyians are awkward, and the news pisses me off. LMAO.

Because reasons.

Safety.exe = error 404: file not found.
BootyWarrior32 has booted up.
14th Booty war initiated.

I don't know the actual reasons, but here's some of the top of my head which may or may not be true:
--> Prices, solid just being cheaper to obtain en masse
--> The plastic could be dangerous to leave in the hands of prisoners. You can't pierce someone with soap, but a plastic bottle could leave a nasty hole if applied with enough force in the right place.
--> The liquid itself would be more dangerous, as it could kill someone if slipped into food, or otherwise due to some chemical reaction.
--> Simply force of habit and a slow to change judicial system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back