Other Random question of the day

Because 90% of its content is faked and some subreddits are nothing but lies and smear campaigns.

Yeah, reddit is full of bubbles, but making it illegal is excessive if not outright impossible. Furthermore, discerning which are which is an effort which proves time and time again to not be something any one entity can discern. I agree that much there sucks, especially these latest policies I'm hearing about, explicitly giving people permission to post hateful content against people quote "in the majority". Nonetheless, dumb and worrysome though it might be, reddit is still a private entity and relatively fringe. I wouldn't call it a public forum the way something like facebook or twitter clearly are.

What are ya, a 1984ist?

But jokes aside sadly no. There's some of us that feel pretty much the same, but that's not going to happen. It has it's fair share of greater communities not filled with parasites and the pathetic but not always talked about. It is also where people can find and keep their friends or have new ones. This stops the idea from having a grasp to begin with. That sucks and some groups can be filled with the same idiots that cry about trivialities and thinking everything is so offensive that they want to become what they preach against and repeats history, but this isn't the way. Regardless of how a group makes it seem like it's a good cause on a surface level. To illegalize it is to set a precedent, which others will follow for their own needs. Then as has happened before, shall so it will be yet again but not for any true good cause. And in of itself, for a public forum and not a publisher, an absolute failure of it's job to do it even to a single one of it's own threads without real justification.

Understandable to want to resolve the tumor that be, and sometimes there's a whole lotta crap that really pushes ya for a joke. But that's the point. A true Chad deals with it, and gets rid of the rubbish that actually counts such as death threats or trying to force an idiology onto someone else when unprovoked. A joke of a person smites it, and won't even let a discussion take place even if it is against the topic, because somehow forgetting it will prevent it happening apparently. A clown however takes it down, the person behind it down under label regardless of intent or meaning, labels the action as righteous, and brags about it.

Don't get me started about actual jokers. You know, the good usually individual people that randomly joins a random thread or server periodically for a joke and fun. They're not the problem, only mass spam is and/or when it has an actually insultive intent. But they're equally all also thrown into the category of "undesirables" as a whole to try getting rid of. We have since lost the gusto and humor previously found upon several forums. I for one, will not join that mobbish purge. It's a bigger joke than any true joke made is, and a valid example of exactly what is complained about.

It depends on the size of the game. Whenever you create any sort of story, including a game, you're going to put at least a bit of yourself into it simply by the nature of creating. This includes your values. If you're working on a AAA title with tens or hundreds of people contributing along with corporate meddling (e.g. God of War, Uncharted), that bit of yourself will probably get lost in the crowd, and the work will more closely reflect the wishes and values of the director or company. If you're making the entire game yourself, however, or as part of a small group (e.g. Undertale, Celeste) the game will be a better reflection of you. In addition, many smaller games and even some larger ones are created with a specific philisophical/moral theme in mind, so those games deliberately reflect the creator's values.

Does a developer's work reflect their moral viewpoints (Example: Toby Fox > Undertale)?
I would say yes and that this is true for most cultural products (including video games); most art mirrors the conditions and ideologies of the artist and (one could argue) its viewers- so i would say that all art has ideological aspects to them, however directly or indirectly.

Fiction is fiction. That’s my go-to. Some works of fiction have the pretense of being at least analogous to reality, of representing (intentionally) something about reality. I believe that the level of scrutiny for accuracy to our world, and to the view points presented ought to be proportional to how much a work makes such a claim. I believe that a game like, for instance, Detroit: Become Human, where anyone with a pair of eye balls can see the blatant analogy the game is trying to be, is a game where an author’s moral stance really is at the forefront, as is their responsibility for accurate depiction. On the other hand, a game like World of Warcraft has no such responsibility, it is fiction that operates entirely within that realm. It is not making claims about real life or trying to spread a message about it, and therefore it shouldn’t be judged as if it were.

I also believe that in some cases the moral viewpoint promoted by a game is that of the author, but a lot of things can be mixed in so it’s hard to know the degree. For instance, the type of game, or balancing game mechanics , etc... can interfere in how the initial viewpoint is portrayed.

Unfortunately, I must also stress there are dangers in assigning a connection between the appearant moral values in a work to those of the author. It's especially so when you have ideas like "death of the author" going around, claiming that your interpretation as a reader is just as valid as the author's innitial interpretation.
If
A) One's individual view of the meaning is equally valid to the original author's
and
B) Morals in the work are connected to the author's

You are suddenly given reign to interpret, and assign, moral judgement upon an author based on your own imagined perceptions of their work. Suddenly you go from "Beauty and the Beast seems like Stockholm Syndrom" being a joke, to having people who entirely miss the point and may actually judge the original creator based on something which rather obviously was not their intent, and I would argue, not what they actually wrote.

What would you do if you turned into a mermaid/merman for a whole day?
i’ve got a special power that i’m not afraid to use so come on this is my sdeventure this is my fantasy

ITS ALL ABOUT LIVING IN THE OXEAN BEIN WILD AND FRREEEW CAUSE IM NO ORIDNARY GIRL IM FROM A DEP BLUE UNDERWOLRD LABD OR SEA I GOT THE POWER IF I JUST BELIEVE CAUSE KM JO ORDIBERY GIRL IM FROM A DEEP BLUE UNDERWOLRD LANDNOR SEA THE WORLDS MY LUSTER IM THR PEARL

no ordinary girl

The mermaid question because data sucked: An excuse to finally start my upper body building program.

It's the only way I'd be capable of moving unless I randomly woke up in the middle of a large lake somewhere, or a coast.

In that scenario, I'd go troll some fishermen. I presume the human and fish organs would both exist, so it shouldn't be such a big deal to be out of the water for extended periods of time.

The world question: Full continental travel. Unrestricted, I comb the whole surface of the Earth because why not. The ultimate nomad. Just take up a bunch of fuel from abandoned cars and go, then learn how to get to other continents. If I don't get yeeted by the ocean, or engine failure and fall, proceed as normal. I'd even have my own flag to proclaim the world as mine before probably freezing to death in Antarctica.

WE WILL TAKE JERUSALEM

Last edited:
What would you do if you woke up one day and found out you're the last human on Earth?

Demand a recount because this is surely a mistake. Otherwise raid pharmaceuticals of their painkillers to numb myself to the reality my only company is my own brain, and that's just awful.

If there are animals, this would be different. I can finally be a REAL crazy cat lady.

If I'm the last human on earth, I'll need to learn to survive on my own very quickly. The first few weeks to months shouldn't be too bad. I can raid grocery stores and pantries for non-perishables, and the hospitals and ambulance stations for medical supplies, pawn shops for guns and ammunition. Houses will still be in good repair. My biggest dangers would be rampant fires from stoves/campfires being left on (assuming everyone just up and disappeared) or exploding oil rigs, feral dogs attacking me to try and get a meal, or misjudging whether some food had gone rotten. I'll need to get my animals as well, for both protection and psychological support.

Before too long, I'm going to have to start worrying about long-term survival. Fortunately, I have several advantages from where I live.

1) The area I live has a large cattle industry, so a steady source of food and hide. My dad raises cattle, so I also already have some experience.

2) I live in a heavily wooded area, so I have plenty of firewood and building material.

3) I live in a fairly temperate area. The summers are hot and the winters are cold, but none of them are too extreme.

So I'll grab the keys to my mother's car, since mine won't have as much storage. I'll pack several pairs of clothes (both summer and winter); any perishable food I have left; medical supplies from the ambulance station, veterinarians, and hospital; seeds and garden supplies from hardware stores, as many relevant nonfiction (and some fiction) books I can find from the library; all the tools, guns, and ammo I can, and my animals. I'll need to make sure I have everything I need, because one I leave town I most likely won't return.

From there, I'll head out to my Dad's ranch. It has a sustainable source of food in the form of cattle and room for a garden, and I believe its own well water. As I go, I'll tear down the fences I pass in order to let the cattle out. That way, they won't starve, and I can access them for food if I need to. The only exception is the pasture for the horses. I'll come back for them later.

Once I get to the ranch, I'll unload my stuff. Then I'll go back to the horses. They were raised by humans, so hopefully they'll be receptive for me. They'll make for reliable transport that doesn't require gasoline. I'll take the horses and leave the car behind.

From there, it's mainly a matter of growing my garden and taking care of my cows. Hopefully I'll be able to live a decently long life. The main downside is that if it turns out there are other people still alive, they likely won't find me.

I've only played Resident Evil so I'll go with that.

Resident Evil or Silent Hill?

Proud fan of Silent Hill since the tender age of 9. My muse, my home, my everything.

What was the first R-rated movie you've ever seen?

If not Heavy Metal, then Pet Sematary.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back