Other Random question of the day

In which way?

"I am going to Roleplay the OC Albertobobo spificanzi, and I'm gonna bang Naruto!"

"I am Mordock, canon son of Burlock. I W I L L make the canon character Pazuzu love me!"

Or do you mean the nightmare fuel that is shipping discussions for non RP, that turn into debates, and only a rare few remain sane. The most of these being super freaky and detailed, while some others might as well be an offense to the Geneva Convention before turning into a bar fight?

By the end of both of the latter of the last one, I look like the guy that gets his face melted off in raiders of the lost ark, and by the end of it I look like the Emperor on the golden throne. Physically destroyed, spiritually scarred, and mentally obliterated and scattered throughout the galaxy. I'm so irked, not even 300 Explorator fleets of the best priests could hope to find me because I D.B. Cooper that shit.

In short, yes. But half the time at least it is relatively okay.

Fandom shipping absolutely goes way to far on my side of rps...
The only thing that triggers me is someone decides to say the stupid word..."I SHIP!!!"
One perfect time for shipping is... Off site, just... Do it discord or something else beside RPN for gosh damn sake..
Oc shipping even goes way to far... (Sorry for off topic, but anyway...)

If someone decides to ship one of my canons in a RP
I'm outta here!

Fandom shipping is insane people shipping, it also fake and useless, the people who do it are fake and useless. Official shipping is the only real shipping.
I'll be adding you to my list of people I think are alt accounts of Omega.

Not that I don't agree with you. Most of the time.

i am not Omega! I am the Alpha & the Omega!
I-dont-believe-you.gif

Random question of the day:

Do you think fandom shipping goes too far sometimes?
If you mean ship war, then yeah, definitely. I've been lucky enough that the fandom circles I frequent in aren't super toxic, but I've heard horror stories about life threats and such stemming from ship wars.

As for 'how weird/uncomfortable a ship can get' -- I'd say that it can go really, really far. Most of the times I enjoy crack ships, or crack-treated-seriously ships (which can be surprisingly interesting, but then you're faced with having only 3 fics to read). Some ships I just can't get into though, and I generally just ignore those fans.

If you mean ship war, then yeah, definitely. I've been lucky enough that the fandom circles I frequent in aren't super toxic, but I've heard horror stories about life threats and such stemming from ship wars.

As for 'how weird/uncomfortable a ship can get' -- I'd say that it can go really, really far. Most of the times I enjoy crack ships, or crack-treated-seriously ships (which can be surprisingly interesting, but then you're faced with having only 3 fics to read). Some ships I just can't get into though, and I generally just ignore those fans.
I'm aware of how bad shipping can get sometimes. One time at a convention, an Undertale fan fed another fan a cookie filled with needles because they didn't agree with their ship, or so I've heard. It's awful.

Do you think technology can be faulty and unreliable at times?

I'm aware of how bad shipping can get sometimes. One time at a convention, an Undertale fan fed another fan a cookie filled with needles because they didn't agree with their ship, or so I've heard. It's awful.

Yes. My phone alarms sometimes don't ring and I don't know why (it works perfectly otherwise). My computer sometimes lags and freezes and I have to restart it. On a larger scale: machinery can fail. Cars break down. Nuclear reactors overheat. We improve our technology every time it fails, and we get closer to 'perfection.' But I don't think we'll ever actually get there.

You asketh a very important question with vast humorous implications.

Technology is great, but it is the fastest way to troll with you in spectacularly bizarre ways. Improvements can resolve the old but create anew. Therefore, modern problems require modern solutions. I will display recent examples, and go through some history in summary.

One time we were driving and trying to get to a restaurant. I believe the name was mama citas or something akin to that. Great food but I usually eat the chips and however you spell that green dip. I was using my phone for directions and turned the sound up and had it relay it verbally. At some point because we kept turning down wrong ways intentionally to get to the bank and look at random stuff, on the middle of the road ten minutes after recalculating the route, it had a "fuck it" moment. While not even near the location yet but on the street leading there, and just needing to travel another thirty minutes, it simply states: "You have reached your destination." It refused to work afterwards.

My current device's built in Bluetooth is broken. Every time it connects to my headphones, it automatically turns off and then back on again. After that, it never will work again. Turning the device on then off repeats the cycle. If left alone after this cycle completes without turning the device off, Bluetooth automatically turns itself on and off periodically. Sometimes reconnecting but immediately shuts off the moment it connects.

Beyond that, we get to Chernobyl. We will skim that.

Beyond or around that, we get various instances during the cold war where false nuclear readings and similar occasionally popped up on both sides. Random "activations" or unlocks before going dormant again, etc. There is movies even parodying it.

Beyond that, we get the following cases:
The USS William D Porter, fletcher class destroyer.
The tiger II and various other German larger tanks.
Pretty much most multi-turret and overly heavy and underpowered tank.
Even though I think they worked operationally, pretty much a lot of the Japanese AA guns. Is there even a proper list showing how many of theirs even took down something without exaggerated amounts involved?
"Anti-air battleship shells" though admittedly, fun to look at. Doomed by the very concept stage.
Most of every non-tripedal mast.
A number of if not most of every Japanese tank.
Every single Italian tank.

Inbetween and in both examples above and below:
Every improvised and non-dedicated aircraft launching system.
Every aircraft launcher ONTOP a larger ship's main battery.
The design or plan of aircraft being external on any battleship during at least test fires. Just the proximity blasts everything apart.
Cruiser submarines.

Beyond that:
The chauchat I believe it was called.
A french semi-auto rifle I forgot the name of, at least in trench conditions. Easily jammed or broken, too long, too heavy.
Most of every tank, but understandably. I dedicate this section to the chamond especially.
Medical products in general. Better than anything before the era, but still comical in effectiveness in any serious cases until or after the war ended.

And much, much more.

Bonus:
"00000000" GG no re.

Absolutely.

Ugh, he'll yeah...

My math teacher last year was talking about his gps and how it gave him the wrong directions, and heck, even my iPad is so dumb. It even touchs things that aren't supposed to be touched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back