Other Random question of the day

I missed a few good questions, so if that's ok, I'd like to answer though it's a bit late.

What are some of the biggest hoaxes people still fall for?

There was this one famous incident, the "Sokal Hoaxes" I think they were called. A group of, as they called themselves, "left wing academics" created a set of fake studies purposely written to be extremely absurd and sent them to social studies academic journals, where some of those fake studies were in fact published, and one even got some kind of honor award. Among the "studies" in question was one about dog humping being a sign of patriarchal oppression and one that was a section of Mein Kampf rewritten wih some terms replaced to appear as feminist theory.

The hoax ended up being discovered while it was still partially underway, but even with the results it did achieve, it became a whirlpool of controversy.

If you could transform into any mystical creature, which would it be?
I'm guessing saying 'a shapeshifter' is cheating here, and although hydras are my favorite mythological creature, becoming one would be...less than convenient let us say, with people probably wanting to exterminate me and all.

I think I'll go with "Phoenix". Immortality seems like it'd come in handy in such a situation.

What languages do you speak?
English, Portuguese, a tiny, tiny bit of french , German and Latin , and a weeb's worth of Japanese.

Are conspiracy theorists the black sheep of society?
Not really. As looked down upon as they may be, there are still groups which suffer from far greater stigma due to conditions they have no agency over and may not even act upon, yet are still met with a visceral reaction worse than some actual murderers. By comparison at least, conspiracy theorists get off easy, and are more to blame for their treatment.

I usually stay up to 4 am if I have no obligations or things to do the next day, so I'm technically an early bird if you think about it.

In all seriousness, if you wake me up before 11 am, then I'll probably hate you for the next 48 hours.

Extremely exhausted early bird that falls asleep whenever it takes a horizontal position, no matter the time of the day.

fortnite is emblematic of the problems youth face, and have as people, today. It's nothing but trash.

This isn't the weirdest thing but one of my hobbies is making UTAUs, which are these little singing voice synthesizers that you can create by recording yourself singing a bunch of syllables and then configuring it
It's pretty fun but I think kinda niche??

Sorry for not posting a question yesterday, I was busy with other things. I'll post two questions today to make it up.

Random question of the day #1:

Why are people in humor groups on Facebook if they get offended by all sorts of humor?

Random question of the day #2:

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Why are people in humor groups on Facebook if they get offended by all sorts of humor?
For the same reason they get all offended, social points

Why did the chicken cross the road?
iu1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back