Other Random question of the day

Because the options presented may not accurately reflect their opinion.

I would say there’s generally two cases when it comes to this. One is when the question is framed as or intended to be an argument, then two options are presented which aren’t mutually exclusive or are not comprehensively encompassing of the space of possibilities. That is to say, there are more alternatives than the presented and those other options may better reflect the person’s approach or views.

The other case is when a preference between two options is being asked in isolation and people either actively choose to ignore or fail to grasp the point of the question. In this case I would say it’s cause they think it’s smarter or looks better if they pick an alternative option, it’s essentially just being contrarian.

Would you say that cancel culture is one of the biggest sources of cyberbullying in this current decade?
No, because I don't believe that cancel culture is an actual thing. It's just something that's made up so people can either avoid taking responsibility for their shitty actions or use as an shitty argument of how the left's gone mad.

Like, remember when Dr Seuss got "cancelled" because his estate willingly, without any push from anyone else, choose to discontinue some of his books? Oh, how dare a company make a decision about what to do with their own intellectual property, better go buy a fucking copy of Green Eggs and Ham (even though that book is still being sold) from Ted "let's boycott Nike for making a decision I don't agree with" Cruz.

Which brings me to my next point that "cancel culture" is unfairly used to target one side of the political debate.

I mean, it's kind of weird how people don't refer to, say, Donald Trump calling for a boycott of Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co as cancel culture, isn't it?

Surely, if people gave half as much shit as they pretend to do they'd at least be bi-partisan about it.

Last edited:
Guess it depends on what you mean of biggest sources. I kinda feel like the amount of people that were canceled or had cancelation attempts is probably going to be less then the amount of people, or even just pre-teens and teens, that get cyberbullied just cause of numbers but I have no citations to back that up [Frankly, too lazy to look].

As for the term 'cancel culture', it used to be called call-out culture before its rebranding and was called out by people like Barack Obama before Trump came to office over four years ago. So... Its not a single partisan thing [Those dang republican/those dang lefties] and it is something being researched, examined, and discussed in various universities from Yale to Harvard, so denying its existence, to me, is a bit silly. What it exactly means, how its been used, why we let one side weaponize the concept against another side despite both doing it, etc, are all better questions that pertain to it rather then the term, itself. I think there has even been some push to rebrand the term, once again, maybe to make it sound less like a buzz word. Who knows how far that will go, probably not far.

I support freedom of speech though even when its dumb or hurtful, so I support the tweet someone sent out as a teenager that racist and dumb just as much as I support the numerous people that culturally shun that person and makes them lose their position. As I say, I'd rather live in a nation where the KKK has meetings or marches and people are jumping on some celebrity on the internet for something they did then have a government body decide what is, and isn't, okay for me to say and believe. Its the risk you take when you have freedom of speech.

That’s complicated to answer- after all, just the autistic tendencies themselves would, in some books, mean the person has autism.

For sure, because that's me, lol. I grew up around a lot of autism, a lot of it modelling the way I act, so I've given thought to the idea that I might also be autistic, but... there are just too many things that don't match the criteria imo.

At the same time though, this goes for far more things than autism. You can have bipolar traits without being bipolar, antisocial traits without being antisocial... I have a friend who used to hallucinate fairly regularly, but she didn't have schizophrenia. Traits are just that: Traits. It's only when they match up in a certain fashion and cause a significant amount of disruption that they form a disorder. Ugh, I love psych.

Not really. It would be an exageration to say I don't mind it, but it's not like I have a major problem with it most of the time. Besides, it's just not the kind of thing worth being that petty over.

Beach in winter. NO PEOPLE. EMPTY BEACH! Can take beautiful landscape photos without a million randoms on it! Can play the flute near the sea without bothering anyone!!!
I don't care if it's too cold to swim, taking walks on empty beach is the perfect vacation.

Random question of the day:

What's the best vacation spot you've ever been to?
San Luis Obispo California
Beautiful mountains right there with the beaches, 7 (if I remeber right) inactive volcanoes, amazing places to eat. Over all would go there a third time

I was homeschooled, so once or twice we waited and went to theme parks in September. It was awesome. Almost no one was there, so lines were practically non-existent. At some rides the operators would even let us just stay on if no one was waiting at the end of the ride instead of making us go all the way through the line again. It was a big park (Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO IIRC) and we basically had our run of the place, especially since my sister and I got to just do our own the thing together instead of staying with the adults since we were both teenagers by then. To top it all off it wasn't blazing hot, so you didn't have to worry about getting overheated.

I've also been to Manhattan and that was an amazing experience. It feels like less of a real place now than before I went. (No offense if you live in Manhattan.) I live in a small city that's still the biggest in at least an hour in any direction, so it's hard to wrap my head around seeing so many people living practically on top of one another.

Well, my dad was one of those 'went to get milk and never came back' so don't have a 'best dad joke my dad has ever told me' cause I have never spoken to the guy. Oddly enough, I have spoken to my stepsister before [As in, like, the daughter of the woman he remarried]. Weird how that one worked out.

I have a shit ton of issues with Nintendo. Like... Nintendo does so much anti-consumer crap but always gets a pass because 'Nintendo'. I guess I am just lucky that the only Nintendo games I ever bother picking up is Fire Emblem and Pokemon [Which has about as many issues as Nintendo on this front] as I could never get into the various Mario games or Zelda.

Just like.. Compare Nintendo to Microsoft. Nintendo has smash bro which has a large competitive scene and they treat them like crap. Microsoft took Age of Empires II, a game that is over 20 years old, noticed people still love playing it and has a competitive scene, so released a remastered version and helps fund tournaments. Like... Come on Nintendo. Instead of helping fund tournaments, they send cease and desist notices to them. Damn company has to gall to charge 60 bucks for Wii U ports. Are you serious? Nintendo releasing 'limited edition' consoles and games knowing people will see 'limited edition' and spend hilariously derpy amounts of money. Stop supporting or making games and then act like a shocked pikachu when people emulate them. Just garbage. Hot garbage. But they can do that because people will line up to pay for it anyways giving zero incentive for Nintendo to be better. [That said, never trust a company to ever,
ever, have your best interest at heart.]

Dumbest thing I did as a kid? Cut the hair off my barbie doll and expected it to grow back
Omg! I totally plucked the eyelashes off my favorite doll when I was little! It didn’t occur to me they wouldn’t grow back either! 😂 I always drew a kitty nose and whiskers on her face with a ballpoint pen, not realizing it would take much longer to rub off than it would on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back