Other Random question of the day

That's boring way to look at things, heh.
Is it though? Determinism is the notion that we are a product of everything that came before us. It is essentially a scientific rendition of Fate. You are who you are and the things that come to pass are the inevitability of all that came before. It basically breaks down the universe into a giant mathematical probability. Chaos itself is a generation of probabilities, so why not the rest of life? People like to think they are in control of who they are. But in essence, we are just a complicated amalgamate of synapse and response.

Anyways, totes getting of topic. I can PM you if you wanna discuss this further

We know there are laws that govern the physical universe: physics, astronomy, mathematics, etc. What about laws that govern the non-physical aspects of the universe e.g., the development or distintigration of the human personailty? The rise and fall of nations? Is it all just random and chaotic?

We are free to believe whatever we want to believe, but I will reiterate that there will always be consequences for everything that you and I do whether we choose to believe in a certain thing or not: consequences for living an honest life; consequences for living a dishonest life; consequences for cheating; consequences for not cheating, etc. Living an honest life may benefit one person, and it could be to the detriment of another person. So which one is right? Is there even a right way? Regardless of what we believe, there will be consequences for our actions. Obviously.
I do agree that there will always be consequences for every single action we perform; whether they are good or bad, it depends. But consequences don't have to rely on anything about religion, either. It's just how the world works. It doesn't really have to do with anything biblical.

Random question of the day:

Did you watch Ren and Stimpy on tv back in the day? If so, what are your thoughts on the show?
Fuck, yes! Ren and Stimpy was the bees knees! I actually still sport a Ren and Stimpy pin on my denim vest amongst a bunch of other pins and band patches

Random question of the day:

Did you watch Ren and Stimpy on tv back in the day? If so, what are your thoughts on the show?
Yes. I also spent many, many hours playing the game on the Sega Genesis with my brothers. I wouldn't say I liked the show or hated it, it was just something to watch on the "idiot box". I didn't understand a lot of the humor until I was older. Powdered Toast Man saves America is a classic.

Back when I worked in customer service, I had a lady want to speak to my manager over one penny.

She's come to the service desk because she didn't trust the self-check register and wanted me to make sure it didn't shortchange her. (Why, then did she use the selfcheck and not a manned register, you might ask? I don't know.) It turned out that a couple clearance Items had been scanned at full price, so the grand total we owed her. . . was sixty three cents. After paying her back her sixty three cents, she wanted me to double check everything again to make sure she hadn't been shortchanged more. All in all I spent twenty minutes doing math by hand for this lady and completely returned and rerang her items at least once to make sure they were all correct. In the end, there was a difference of one cent between my math and what was shown on the receipt.

So I said, "I'll just give you the extra penny." Did you catch catch that word: extra? Well she sure did. To her this one penny was NOT extra, and she was going to bring up my manager to prove it. So we have to wait for my manager to arrive and the she spends another ten minutes doing math by hand to try and appease this lady over the validity of her one-cent overcharge.

We gave her the penny.

That was the closest I ever came to going off on a customer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back