Other Random question of the day

Basically everything on the show “All in the Family”

I technically didn't have step-siblings, since our parents never married each other. But our families lived together for several years, so it counts.

Two sisters. I got along with them pretty well, honestly better than I did with my own siblings. The age gap probably helped. (They were approx. 13.and 9 when I was 18.)

Random question of the day:

Do you believe people are throwing their morals out the window for their political agenda?
I believe that politics are inherently immoral. In order to get involved, you have to sell your soul, so to speak.

Do you believe people are throwing their morals out the window for their political agenda?

Indeed. I think there's hardly a better example than the number of groups that succumb to exactly what they fight against. So many groups that wear the name of victims and use that as an excuse to commit atrocities, then have the balls to claim you criticizing the group is the same as an attack on the victims or whatever group those victims belonged to. Antifa for instance commit actual acts of vandalism on a regular basis, attack people for the color of their skin and propose it is ok to enact actual violence against someone for having views they deem evil. Not acts, views.

Nah, it's more like people with certain political agandas didn't have any morals to begin with.

Antifa for instance commit actual acts of vandalism on a regular basis, attack people for the color of their skin and propose it is ok to enact actual violence against someone for having views they deem evil
Source please.

Source please.

This among other instances were people attacked by them. Around 0:46-47 you hear the woman saying something akin to "die white b*tch". It's not super clear and to be honest I wasn't able to track down other videos I've seen where it was more clear that the person being white was the reason they were being attacked (in this video most protestors are attacking the old man mostly due to him trying to get through their illegal blockade, with at most a few being racially motivated).

Ain't that convenient?
No it ain't. Besides, even if we say I am entirely wrong on the matter of them attacking people based on race for the sake of argument, the rest of their actions are still vandalism and violence without provocation. Besides, it's not exactly far fetched to say a group that at the basis has the idea that it's ok to do harm to people so long as their views are "evil" would, coupled with ideas like critical race theory, believe it's ok to attack someone for being white.

That said, I know I'm not gonna convince you, and I seriously doubt you're going to convince me. I don't think it's going to be a productive discussion, but if you insist on continuing it I'd like to request we at least take it to PMs, so as to not spam this thread.

Throwing out morals? Not entirely. I don’t believe in moral relativism, and thus believe that morality is set. And with that, I think some people/groups lack morality to some extent, or completely. I personally haven’t seen anyone throw their morality away for political gain that didn’t already lack morality (or part of it) to begin with, if that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back