• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
F6CF01C9-BB80-4F3A-9F97-996D45585F4C.jpegChase Callahan

That... honestly might have been the sweetest thing that anyone had ever said to him. Owen would dump out his drink and risk being attacked with a broom just to see Chase? "I'd never ask you to give up your alcohol or to endure being beat up by Theo, bro. But it means a lot to me that you would be willing to do that," he said. And it did. Maybe they were at a party being dumb boys, but that didn't mean that Chase couldn't tell Owen that what he said meant a lot. He always had his bro's back, whether it was punching someone for him or trying to keep his drink from spilling.

Rescheduling was a good idea. Chase was excited to climb up the side of Owen's house. He was excited to meet Owen's dog and cat. He was excited to just spend the night with his bro being goofy and eating ice cream and complaining about what life was throwing at them. Sadly, this was not the best night. Plus like, Coach was already making the boys run a lot. Chase wouldn't be surprised if they managed to slip up enough one more time that she added more laps onto their punishment. They could go burn off the calories before eating the ice cream which seemed like a pretty good deal to Chase.

"Monday night. I'll be sure to stock up on ice cream. Do you have any specific flavors you'd like? Or are we gonna leave it all up to ol' Charleston Callahan?" he asked. Chase wasn't a fan of using his full name, but Charleston sounded wise. It sounded like someone you could trust to pick out good ice cream flavors, and not like someone that would buy beef jerky ice cream. Which, by the way, Chase would not buy even if Owen gave him full power over choosing the ice cream flavor. He would also do his best to find a good song to serenade Owen with before Owen sent down his hair for Chase to climb.

Chase could always trust Owen to match him in theatrics and he felt a small smile tugging at his lips when Owen reacted to his broposal. "You made me the happiest bro in the world, bro," he said, standing up when Owen took the Capri Sun from his hands. He felt almost underdressed for what had happened. He had lost his actual shirt halfway through the party due to spilling ice cream and had changed into a dumb school t-shirt he had had in the back of his car, and the pants he was wearing were just a little too short and showing his ankles. "I'm always down for sharing with my bro," Chase said. He didn't have his own cup to propose a toast, unfortunately, but he accepted the cup from Owen. He still didn't know what mystery flavor Owen had had or how that would work with his cherry, but he didn't hesitate to take a drink. "It's actually... not bad. I wasn't sure how our flavors would mix, but I would definitely drink this again," he said, handing it back to Owen. He couldnt drink

When he noticed how Owen was looking at him, he smiled. Owen meant a lot to him. He had guy friends, but had always had more luck becoming this close to girls. He'd never had a bro before Owen, and he loved it. It caught him off guard when Owen said he loved him, but he wasn't sure why it did. Chase probably said that even more often in their texts and on Twitter. "I love you too, bro," he said back. He didn't wanna leave Owen hanging, and he meant it. It also felt nice to hear that in person, despite how often they told each other that through text. "Dang, Owen, you always know how to party," he said, laughter escaping his lips as he let his bro pull him closer to the center of the room.

cadence cadence

Mason
tumblr_inline_n8ysegZdDc1sut0fn.gif

Wait, had she just--?

Mason was a little dumbfounded. Sitting and drinking with a friend was one thing, but dancing with one? Yeah, that was a bit too much for him. The only person he had willingly danced with had been Adriane, but then he'd grown up and realized just how stupid dancing really was. He had grown up and left childish things like dancing in the past. Plus, dancing just made you look stupid, and Mason had a serious reputation to try and uphold. One that didn't involve dancing.

When she added the "friends" part, Mason got a little suspicious. In his experience, girls only said that when they were at least a little bit interested but wanted to act like they weren't. But this was Maddie, and she wasn't like most girls -- as in, she probably didn't even realize that that was typical behavior when it came to socializing. Obviously, Maddie had no idea how to socialize. But the last thing he really wanted was to make Dani jealous or think that he was having something with Maddie. Would she get suspicious, though? Like yeah, Maddie was hot, but Maddie wasn't his type. Dani had to know that, right?

Still, it was best to just try and keep things between him and Maddie nice and clean cut.

"Yeah, I don't dance. Especially not with friends." He said with a little smirk and a shake of his head. Mason brought the beer to his lips and took a sip -- without any kind of cringing, mind you. Really, he wasn't much of a drinker, but it's what people did at parties. Mason just didn't like not being in control of his actions, so he kept the times that he did get drunk to a minimum. Like those couple times over the summer, which had ended in obviously bad decisions. "Thanks for the offer, though, kid."

He heard yelling near the stairs and peered over Maddie's head to see that one bitch, AJ, yelling about some kind of revolution or something. Something to do with juice boxes, which just made Mason roll his eyes. And he rolled them even more when he heard Drake's voice being added to cacophony of noises.

Still, AJ had said something about raiding the kitchen, and that's where Dani was. That was Mason's cue, yeah?

"It's been fun, and thanks for the ride, but I actually got to go." He said with one last smirk at Maddie before he pushed off from the wall and started towards the kitchen. Mason did pause, though, to look back at Maddie and add one last thing. "Oh but, I'd love to see more of 'fun' Maddie later." He said with a playful grin.

You know, when he wasn't busy trying to get laid.

Beeze Beeze

Mentions: lette lette

Last edited:
Ohhhh tonight is the night, isn't it? Tonight is the night of a start of freedom. Usually people would consider summer break as their start of freedom, but not for Elijah. The moment school went into play his freedom started. He hated being home. He hates his family, his father, his house. He was constantly in his bedroom with his door locked, that is, unless his door was off the hinges. Right now, however, it was closed, and he was alone getting ready for the party.

Getting ready for a party was a process. One, you had to look presentable, but Eli didn't really care about that; so, he dressed in a striped shirt that was far too big for him, and some black skinnies, with converse. Next, you had to pregame. Usually this meant alcohol, but for this guy it meant getting higher than he already was. He pulled a book from his bookcase, and opened it. Inside was a few small baggies of various powders. The one he chose, however, was full of cocaine. He poured some of the contents into the notch on his wrist and lifted it to his nose, snorting the substance. Now... NOW he was ready... but he might as well bring some for later.

Out the window he goes...

It took him about half an hour to walk to the large house where the party was taking place. By then, his high was starting to dissipate, so once again he snorted some of the powder from the baggie before entering the front door. He didn't really spot anyone familiar at first, so he figured he would make his way to the kitchen and make himself a drink as he scoured the crowd.

Theodore Stanton
Mood: This Broom Was Made For Whacking and Thats Just What It'll Do
Interacting: Fern ( Beeze Beeze ) Mentions: N/A
"Chaotic is fine. Love a bit of chaos. Besides, you brought something, y'know? Its the thought that counts." He assured, rolling his shoulders to remove some of the ache that had come from sitting around on a table. Maybe he should've taken a chair instead, but he really had wanted to leave those for other people. You know, being a good host and all, which he was desperate to be, partly because he was nice and wanted people comfortable, but also because he was desperate for the validation. He wasn't about to admit that out loud, though.

When drinks were mentioned, he shrugged. He hadn't drank anything but juice that night, and honestly had been planning to keep it that way, but one drink couldn't hurt. "Hey, if you could, that'd be great. But you're right, nothing too strong, please. Gotta say sober so I don't fuck up." He said, before tacking on an explanation for the broom. "Yep, its for hitting people. Not too harshly, but sometimes, you gotta shoo people from a party, right? A broom works wonders."

People usually didn't just leave when you asked, especially when drunk. He'd tried that before. However, being repeatedly hit on the head by a broom tended to do the trick. It wasn't threatening, nor did it really hurt that much, but it also was really annoying. That was his specialty. It was better than nothing, and while he looked stupid, it was worth it.

Juniper Ava Rowlands
Seeing the smile show up on the other’s face made Juniper rather proud of herself. It was one thing to just throw out a hopefully put together and helpful piece of advice, but for someone to actually listen was a whole other ordeal. It can be hard to cut through to a stranger, but even people she knew also struggled to realize how simple some things could just be. So, this was absolutely another win in her book. Keeping the positivity high was what truly mattered at a party, without it, any antics that could occur would be impossible to walk away from with laughter. Juniper wondered if the other understood that as well, or was at least pondering it. She could tell the other was definitely thinking about something that led her to look around the room. That or she was taking her other advice, and Juniper was losing her chance at spending time with a rather beautiful girl and another chance to get to know someone new.
Juniper leaned back a little in her chair as the other was quick to arise, the motion a much more dramatic in her eyes. Focused back in, Juniper put two and two together. Aya, of course! The piano makes so much more sense now. She let out a small fit of giggles after she was called ‘Mysterious girl’, a small blush spreading across her face at the sudden forward offer. Her eyes looked towards Aya’s hand before looking back at her. Without a doubt, Juniper took Aya’s hand and rose from her seat. “Juniper, but you can call me Juni, and I would love a dance or something.”

“Before we do though, I was actually hoping to get a juice pouch from Theo,” she says as she takes the lead and begins to gently pull Aya towards Theo’s direction, “They’re going fast and apparently people have been planning a raid or something. I kind of want to get one now before it’s all gone.”

As if she was expecting it, Juniper paused their movement when she heard shouting over the crowd about...a dog? She could only rationalize that must be Amber or Tessa, the two mentioning being near eachother over twitter. She also heard the same person, she definitely recognized Amber’s voice now, shouting about the possible lockdown of the Caprisuns and Juni was not about to have it. Sure, it was mostly a joke on her end about going crazy for the juice. But that boy promised her some juice, she needed to sober up some if she was going to dance more, and her buzzed mind could only connect the obvious solution to getting herself a juice to drink. She looks back at Aya, “We might have to hurry now actually. Not to drag you along, but I promise if we do this, I will dance the night away with you. I’m a pretty good dancer.”

Interacting: Yanipurr Yanipurr (Aya) Mentions: Theo, Amber, Tessa

Tessa Torres
Mood: Viva La Juice Pouch Revolution Motherfucker
Interacting: Amber ( DxngerDemxn DxngerDemxn ) Mentions: N/A​

The music was noticeably louder when they got downstairs. Which made sense, obviously, but the fact that she could basically feel it vibrating her bones was concerning. Marshmallow was enjoying the attention, though, so that was good. She felt comfortable leaving him to soak it all up; she took him to other peoples houses often enough that she didn't worry about him running off or doing something like eating a couch. Besides, it was funny to see Amber announce him. He undoubtedly deserved it.

"Well, I wouldn't mind getting a capri sun before they're locked away." She said, surveying the scene slowly, taking in who was there and what was going on "But going off the shouting, I think you inadvertently started a riot or something. Viva la revolution, I guess." She cracked a smile, adding "Juice lovers rise up? You have nothing to lose but your straws? I don't know, I'm struggling a bit. I'm not as obsessed with the juice as some people."

The twitter was....something. She didn't really insert herself into conversations because she couldn't keep up, as shown by the fact that the juice was now a coveted resource and there were plans to attack it....or something like that. She hadn't paid much attention. All she knew was that she wasn't planning to get drunk, but she didn't want to drink just water, and juice was the next best thing.

"So....juice pouch, than trying to dance? I can't promise I'll be good." Actually, she could probably promise she wouldn't be. There was a reason she was backstage and not part of the musicals.

06c9ca551d8716851eb576c819520787.png
unnamed (1).jpg
lette lette
Winona Winona
Dani's challenge lit up Ivy's face like a Christmas tree. She slammed her own fist down on the table in a mimicking gesture. "What's this, apple juice? You're on." She laughed.

Ivy looked down at the cup, defiantly pinched her nose closed, and downed its sharp contents in five quick gulps, throwing the cup to the ground and her hands to the air with a triumphant scream. "Thought I wasn't tough? Thought wrong, biotch!"

She was swaying a little on her feet now, bony knees buckling a bit as she reached across the counter for a half full bottle of vodka, thrusting it into Dani's hands. "Your turn, babe."

Babe? Did Ivy really just call her that? Man, she must really be inebriated if she was slipping up and admitting to Dani being quite attractive... and she was. Ivy cackled, climbing up onto the counter and swinging her legs back and forth like an impatient kid at the dentist's office.
"Cmon, drink uuuup!"​

Amber James
200w.gif

Overview
Location Downstairs
CompanyTess, Drake
MoodTipsy, confused, but also revolutionary
Tags elytra elytra Winona Winona
Amber blinked several times in confusion. "Texan juice?" She got up on her tip-toes, looking across the crowd only to catch a glimpse of Drake. Of course, out of all people, Drake would be the one to turn her words into something they weren't. She grinned when Tessa began her juice propaganda. "No, keep going! I feel revolutionized already, and if I've learned one thing from watching Hamilton last week, if you say anything confident and loud enough, people will listen." She looked down at Marshmallow, hoping he would be fine if they left him here. The comment about dancing made Amber grin, "That makes two of us then. We can be idiots on the dance floor together." She looked back at the crowd, glancing at Drake who was probably the most enthused over this newfound revolution. If only to get his attention, or maybe just for the hell of it, AJ raised both fists in the air and proclaimed, "GIVE ME JUICE, OR GIVE ME DEATH!"

As a few members of the crowd halfheartedly cheered along, AJ impulsively took Tess by the hand, pulling her through the crowd towards Drake. She stopped in front of him briefly, "The Texan juice is that-a-way. March forth, valiant soldier!" She pointed towards the coveted Capri Cooler, letting go of Tessa's hand as she did so. "Sorry." She mumbled briefly, not meaning to have gotten so excited and drag her around. "I think I'm enjoying the high of having started a revolution just a little bit too much." She resumed walking with Tess, not really caring if Drake tagged along or not, although the humorous company would be nice.

AJ was giddy with pride, thrilled that she had somehow- even on accident- turned the Twitter Juice Revolution into a real thing. As they passed the kitchen however, her mood faltered. AJ glanced between Ash, Dani, and whoever the poor, drunk girl was, sighing a bit. "That kid's probably gonna die of alcohol poisoning before the night's over." She muttered to Tess, "Half of me wants to step in, but the other half kind of just wants some juice so.." AJ shrugged. By the time they made it to the cooler, AJ motioned for Tess to take her pick. "Ladies first." She joked a bit. Truthfully, she didn't know if Theo was planning on reinforcing his one-capri-per-person rule or not, so she would rather play it safe than sorry.

7D9FD8D6-0CA1-4F45-8F56-C1527C32C474.jpeg

Fern Franklin

Chaos could be lots of fun, but it could also be a pain in the butt if it was preventing you from going out to do something you enjoyed. Fern loved her siblings, though, and she wouldn't trade them for the world. "If you ever do want something that's a little more..." she paused to figure out how to describe her plant matching process. "Theo-ish, let me know! We can hang out and then I can match you with the perfect plant." It was an odd thing to offer, and Fern knew that, but it was almost a way to filter out friends. If people thought it was weird, they generally didn't stick around much. If people thought it was odd, but accepted it, then they usually turned out to become good friends with her.

When Theo agreed to a drink, Fern nodded and turned around. What would be good, but not too strong? She reached the drinks and looked down at the selection. There was a wide variety, Theo had been right about that. After a few moments, she had the drink selections narrowed down. She settled on a cider, grabbing two bottles and and pulling the caps off. Fern actually had a hidden talent for making and mixing drinks, but she figured she'd go with something easy and safe for Theo. He didn't want to get drunk. He wanted to be a good host, and she majorly respected that.

"And you haven't had to hit anyone with the broom yet?" she asked, continuing them conversation when she returned. She handed one bottle to Theo and took a sip from the other. "Sounds like a pretty successful party so far, then." Though Fern had never hosted a party (she was party sure her father would kill her), she figured that was basically the key to a successful party. Not having to kick anyone out, and seeing that people were having fun.

"So what's your broom smacking technique like? I may or may not have gotten into a couple broom fights with my brother, and I think I have decent technique myself," she said, putting her drink down to mime swinging a broom. "It's all in the wrist..." What else were she and Felix supposed to do with the outrageous amounts of cleaning they had to do every single day? The house was already spotless enough.

elytra elytra

AARON OLLILA​

Aaron couldn’t help a smile as Drake whispered, and he just hoped that it wasn’t obvious just how much he cared for him.

He watched his fingers tangle in his hair, and his breath caught for a second. He couldn’t help but wonder the last time his friend had washed it- Had he at least been showering.

Then Drake was standing, and Aaron couldn’t help but look up at him dumbly. And then Drake spoke, and Aaron grimaced, open and honest, and Drake started walking away.

For a second, Aaron humored himself, pretending that he could just lay here by himself and look up at the stars and be fine, but it wasn’t as fun without Drake, and it was harder to forget there were people watching, and he’d been planning on drinking anyways, even if not so early on, so he sighed, quiet and just for him, and he hauled himself up, trailing after Drake in a way he knew in that way you could feel to your very core was not unlike that of a puppy.

He entered the house to Drake, arms up, yelling something about Texan juice.

Aaron had missed something, and the thought dug at him in a way he refused to think about.

Of course, then it kept going, and something about the idea of a juice revolution, with Drake somehow involved in a way that wasn’t surprising so much as tiring, and Aaron was again left to trail Drake as that girl- AJ? MJ?- led them towards juice. Juice. Hadn’t they come in here to drink?

He looked around, saw a dog that looked kind of interesting, and when he looked back he had to speed up a bit to catch up with the others. His neck felt hot, but he was quiet, tapping his fingers gently against his side.

4e38d312566d48b345d05ff2087906b8.png
23ca90d98f1c71c8e68fa5d2b0fa9ca4--film-carl-grimes.jpg
mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

"its luod but not to bad yet"

Max chewed his lower lip as perused the response, carefully taking note of the spelling errors and the look on Casper's face. Not too bad yet? It seemed pretty bad, at least from his friend's cues.

Still looking Casper up and down, he frowned and shook his head as if in disappointment.

Carefully, he kneeled up, reached out and tapped Casper on the shoulder to get his attention, his dominant left hand signing slowly:

"Let's go out"

He used a simple, short phrase he was sure Casper would understand: he was trying to boost Casper's ASL skills (and to be frank, his writing skills as well). Narrowing his eyebrows a bit, he closed the notebook and tucked it back into his bag, standing and offering a hand down to help his frail-looking companion up. Maybe it would be quieter and calmer outside. At the very least, there would be less people.​

CASPER OLLILA​

Casper, admittedly, may have gotten a bit too into the fangs- Getting the curvature right, and making them drip just a bit of blood- and it was kind of embarrassing that Max had to tap their shoulder to get their attention in the first place.

They jumped, but they did look to him, eyes a bit wide, and when he signed, they couldn’t help but slump in relief, smiling as they nodded gratefully.

They let him take the notebook, then took Max’s hand and allowed themself to be helped up.

They finger-spelled back, face hot at the unbearable slowness of the action: “What will we do outside?”

owen bostwick
"Anything for a bro, bro." While he certainly did prefer keeping his drink and not being assaulted by Theo's broom, those were just a few things he was willing to endure for his friend. He'd been lucky enough to avoid a thwacking thus far, which he was sure would eventually happen because of how often he and Chase mentioned a juice heist.

Owen couldn't help but laugh at the use of Chase's full name, just as he did any other time he heard it. It reminded him of a name an old Englishman might have; someone with a fancy accent and a monocle. Perhaps a long white beard to stroke in thought. Either way, Owen could easily follow Chase's thought process. Charleston Callahan did seem like the type of man to make excellent choices, ice cream flavors included. "Well, Sir Callahan," he started, putting a really bad British accent as he stroked his non-existent beard. "Rocky road seems like a delectable choice, but I do trust your instincts. Perhaps you can get two of the little pint-sized cartons? That we can both get what we want."

"Pretty much all fruit tastes good together," he said with a shrug, hand already reached out to grab the drink when he was done with it. He knew Chase couldn't drink too much if he was going to man the ice cream stand again, a thought that made his stomach flop a little. Once Chase left, he figured he'd end up alone again. He had friends, sure. Plenty of them. But he didn't exactly have close friends. Of all the people he thought might intentionally seek him out at a party, Chase was the only one. Still, he smiled and drank and pushed away all those thoughts because parties were meant for fun and not for bumming yourself out. "I bet Ash would like this," he laughed, nodding towards the drink. He and Ash weren't close, but he knew she liked her alcohol.

He felt warm when he heard Chase say 'I love you' back, but chose not to pay attention to it. Instead, he dragged him to the dance floor so they could embarrass themselves some more. "Hell yea, I know how to party. They don't call me Party... Party..." The sentence trailed off into dead air. Truthfully, he wasn't called Party anything, but he did appreciate the sentiment. What was a good party without dancing? He couldn't understand the people who refused to dance, too afraid to embarrass themselves. That was, like, the whole point of parties. Most people are too drunk to care and too drunk to remember.

"Hey, bro, were you serious about the juice heist earlier?" He asked, purposely nudging his shoulder once again and pointing to Theo, who was currently talking to a girl he vaguely recognized as Fern. "Theo looks pretty distracted right now..."

Interactions: Beeze Beeze

68C1B3E5-DE9B-4B90-9D78-E16B65B8A3BE.jpeg

Chase Callahan

Chase had never quite had a bro like Owen. He had Ash, who he had quickly befriended and started dating and then kept close after their breakup. He had Charlie, his only pal back in Cadbury. He had plenty of friends in Radcliffe, and friends he would consider himself close to. However, none of those relationships could replace a bro. "You're, bro-some," he said, slightly regretting the pun once it had crossed his lips. It worked to bro-ify some words. Broposal. Bromantic. Browling. Eyebro. Even Owen's own name worked - Browen. Unfortunately, 'awesome' didn't work in quite the same way, and he hadn't drank enough to make it work.

Hopefully Owen wouldn't question his dumb pun too much.

Chase wasn't sure where his parents' minds had been going when they named their twin sons. Charleston and Arlington? At least his name sounded somewhat like a name. Charles was a name. Charleston Chew was a candy. Charleston itself could even be a last name. So it made a little bit of sense. Arlington was a city in Texas and Virginia. Maybe they had been going for a city theme? Charleston was a city in South Carolina. Even if they had wanted cities, Chase thought that Dallas and Denver would be better options. Or Houston and Austin. Charleston and Arlington had just never been how the twins wanted to be known, so they had been Chase and Arlo for as long as he could remember.

Picking up on the entertainment Owen got from his name made it at least a little better for Chase. He followed Owen's example, replying in his own British accent and stroking his chin as if he had a beard. "What a stroke of genius! You are quite the intelligent fellow, my friend. Rocky road is a brilliant choice, my good sir, but I will be required to peruse the selection of frozen concoctions before making my own choice." He got a little lost at the end of his little speech, wanting to drag the sentences out and make them sound as fancy and British as possible.

Chase enjoyed the drink, and he wanted more. He wanted to just have fun and drink and get lose in the thumping music and the bodies populating the house, but he had made a promise to the ice cream gods to protect his little buffet with his life. That might be... a little dramatic. After all, the biggest threat he faced so far was Theo's broom, and that was a Capri Sun related incident, not an ice cream incident. Plus, it would be sorta rude for him to take his bro's entire drink. "Ash would love this! We should tell her about it at practice!" When Coach Diana wasn't around, of course. If she didn't like the comments that Chase had already made in the group chat, he figured she wouldn't like to hear a trio of her cheerleaders discussing alcohol. He really did think Ash would like it, though. Maybe he'd stop over at her house one night and they could just watch movies and drink and snuggle with Jeffery and hang out. Right now, however, was about him and Owen being bros. When he hung out with Ash, then it would be all about her.

"Party..." Chase trailed off as he tried to help Owen finish the sentence. Well, he called his cousin Party Parson sometimes, but that wouldn't fly with Owen or Parson, he was sure. Party Owen didn't have the same ring. "How about Party-O?" he asked. It sounded good, and O was the first letting of Owen's name. "Party-O and Champion Chase!" He wasn't sure what 'champion' had to do with anything, but he was too caught up in goofing off with his bro. He leaned in closer to Owen to catch his words about the Great Radcliffe Juice Heist. Yes, he was naming it. It would be something that went down in history. "Now would be a good time to strike," he agreed, speaking a little louder now that they were closer to the center of the activity and it was harder to catch what the other was saying. "I'm down. Think we should go for it?"

cadence cadence

Noah Stewart
noah-gif.739016

"If you consider reading books in your room and helping your grandma buy new furniture fun, then yeah, my summer was pretty fun." Noah lied. Well, not completely. He did read a lot of books in his room, and he definitely helped his grandma buy new furniture, but that was just a little part of his summer—the part which didn't have Eli in it.

Noah had more topics to cover with Parson, but even with the music being as loud as it was, he could still hear people talking—people who weren't Parson nor himself—and when one hears a familiar voice in a crowd of people, one can only catch themselves before they turn around to look at where the voice is coming from. Noah didn't, and of course, the person he saw was the one person he really didn't want to.

It was Eli. His Eli. Well, not anymore, but whatever. He really didn't want to see or be in any close proximity to the boy, at least not until he eventually had to if they ended up sharing some classes or something.

Noah would never admit it, of course, because of his pride, but Eli hurt him a lot when he broke up with him so out of the blue. Even now, after thinking about it for some time, Noah had virtually no idea what caused the breakup, and every time he would ask Eli why, the boy would say some kind of a metaphor and basically cause Noah to be even more confused and hurt. It was because Noah didn't want to be hurt anymore, that he eventually stopped asking and hoping.

Whatever their relationship was now, one thing was clear—Noah couldn't be here anymore.

"Uh. Uhm, I think I'm gonna go." Noah said a little bit quieter, still looking at Eli, before looking back at Parson, forcing a smile back on his face.

Interactions: Winona Winona (Parson)
Mentions: mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties (Elijah)​

Theodore Stanton
Mood: I'm Thinking of....Him <3 Cue Image of Desert Rain Frog
Interacting: Fern ( Beeze Beeze ) Mentions: Flynn
A more Theo-ish plant sounded like a delight. He enjoyed plants. They weren't his top organism ever- that would be frogs, obviously, as nothing was about to beat the desert rain frog -but they were up there. Admittedly, he didn't know much about them. He appreciated them from afar. He was kind of afraid he'd end up killing whatever Fern gave him, but he'd likely end up taking her up on the offer, if only just to hang out.

When she returned, he took the bottle, nodding in thanks. It was good to have something other than a Capri Sun; he still didn't want to get drunk, but there was only so much juice a man could have. He knew some people didn't believe that- specifically, Chase and Owen -but if he had to live off of one drink for the rest of his life, it wasn't going to be Surfer Cooler.

"Oh, yea. Its a good party until I have to bop someone." He agreed, taking a moment to sip his new drink before continuing, grinning at her broom swinging "You always go for the legs, okay? Like, aim for the back of their knees. Its how I take out my cousin." Usually, when he attacked Flynn with a broom, there was a lot of screaming. Mostly from himself, honestly, but all the same, he still won more often than not.

4e38d312566d48b345d05ff2087906b8.png
23ca90d98f1c71c8e68fa5d2b0fa9ca4--film-carl-grimes.jpg
mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

"Your fingerspelling looks good" Max signed back, admiring Casper's effort. It could be difficult for the two to communicate at times, but just the fact that Casper was willing to make an effort made them invaluable in Max's eyes.

He quickly came up with a simple translation for what they were trying to convey: "you sign that like this: 'Now we do what'?" 4 simple words, plus a lowering of the eyebrows to indicate a multiple-response question. ASL had a grammatical structure that was very different from English: time, subject, comment, referent. Facial cues make up most of the punctuation and grammatical clarity, as well as adding emphasis. That, Max figured, was probably where Casper was likely to struggle most, but in the meantime it didn't hurt to teach him some vocab.

The two scrawny teens edged their way out of the house and onto the back porch, where Max took a seat on the steps and waited for Casper to come back into view.

Based on the lack of people, Max could only assume it was much quieter out here, and therefore Casper could hear him. "Honestly, I don't know what I wanted to do out here." Max had a somewhat higher pitched and distinct lilting cadence to his voice, slurring some consonants. "I just wanted you to be okay. You seemed..." he twirled his hands, eyes rolling up as he wracked his brain for the English word for what he was trying to say. After a few moments of silence, he sighed in defeat and just gave Casper the sign for it, hoping it would be clear what he meant.

"Overwhelmed."

CASPER OLLILA​

Immediately, Casper was glowing. They were doing good! The practice was paying off!!

They watched him eagerly as he showed them how to sign that, the embarrassment that usually went along with such a correction dulled by the compliment. They were doing good, but they could do better. And better, for once, felt achievable. They twisted their fist in their other hand, beaming as the nervous energy was worn away, and they nodded.

They followed him out, and plopped down next to him, leaning closer than they had dared in the house, hands up at their chest. They had almost forgotten about their question when he started speaking, and their eyes widened as he spoke. They seemed…

He made a sign, and their brow furrowed as they processed it. They tilted their head, breaking it down. It wasn’t anything good- They knew that much. And they didn’t want to draw attention to the fact they didn’t know exactly what he was saying, especially when they figured the vague notion of it in their head was close enough, and it was a nice sentiment, even if it made them flush with embarrassment.

They forced a smile, though, eyes dropping, and they started to speak before they remembered to use their hands and not their voice: “Thank you.”

Ash
tumblr_inline_p42rn416m41urfelz_540.gif

This girl was going to die.

The girl who thought that Ash had fake boobs was going to die from alcohol poisoning and she couldn't imagine telling her dad that. Sorry! I was at the hospital all night because this girl drank too much alcohol because Dani dared her. What a mess.

So when Ivy tried to dare Dani, albeit a bit drunkenly already, Ash decided to step up. She had pulled her thing sweater tightly around her front to try and hide her (very real) boobs from sight, but she now let go of the tight grip to step forward and snatch the alcohol out of Ivy's grip and move between her and Dani.

"Oh no, we are not doing this." She said and glared over her shoulder. "Please leave." Ash begged and waited for her friend to leave the kitchen before she looked back at Ivy, eyebrows narrowed to glare down at the girl. "And you are done drinking for the night."

This was perhaps the most forward and upfront with someone Ash had ever been and her heart pounded in her chest. She was worried that the girl was probably just going to just yell at her or worse -- insult her again.

Ash slammed the bottle back onto the counter. "If you want anything else to drink, it's gotta be Theo's juice or water."

Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

06c9ca551d8716851eb576c819520787.png
unnamed (1).jpg
Winona Winona

Ivy, still giggling from the counter, hardly resisted when the vodka bottle was wrenched away and placed back. Now alone with Ash, she smiled, waving off the older girl's ultimatum with an almost operatic gesture.

"Thash okay! I'm like, lit up like the Chryshler Builthing." She responded nearly incoherently, through her laughter and slurring and the occasional hiccough. She slid off the counter, landing unsteadily on her feet and wobbling on her tiptoes to pat Ash on the shoulder. "Y'know, I'm sorry about your boobs. I mean, what I shaid abouddem. You're actually really chill, and you uh... don't look like Ann Coulter." She grinned like the Cheshire cat, tilting her head from side to side as her body tilted with it. "We shouldn' be tearing each other down like thad. I wanna go dance!" She dramatically flung out her hand to Ash as an invitation, as if nothing had ever happened. Everything looks rosy when you look at it through half your bodyweight in alcohol...​

Parson
tumblr_inline_npxlhgugft1sccn28_500.gif

The smile faded from Parson's face when Noah's own face seemed to fall and he said he was going to leave. Well that wasn't what he wanted to happen. He wasn't sure what had caused the other boy's sudden change of opinion about the partying scene, and he worried for a moment that maybe it was him. Had he said something?

"But you just got here," Parson stated the obvious and almost regretted what he said. Stupid. Of course Noah knew that and now Parson just felt, well, you know, stupid. "I-I mean like... kind of a boring night. Coming all the way out here just to leave right away." Parson started and he wondered if now he was making sense. Unlikely.

He took in a deep breath because this tripping over his words just wasn't working out. Parson didn't really want to hang around this party alone if Noah left, anyway. Aya was busy flirting with some cute girl which left him effectively alone. So he glanced behind him and set his red solo cup down on a table (sorry, Theo) for someone to clean up later and then returned to Noah, a bright smile on his face. He was crossing his fingers that he wouldn't get shot down and this would work.

"Can I like come with you?" Parson asked. "See those great driving skills I'm always hearing about." He shrugged as if he would be fine either way, no matter what Noah might say. "Not much to do here, anyway."

mogy mogy

Tessa Torres
Mood: Drunk Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (But Maybe They Shouldn't?)
Interacting: Amber ( DxngerDemxn DxngerDemxn ) Mentions: Drake, Ivy
Tessa let herself get dragged along. It wasn't as if she would've fared well on her own anyway. She would take being pulled somewhere over being left alone. Besides, it was amusing to see Amber get into the idea of starting a revolution for juice. It probably wasn't the sort of energy she could handle for too long- chaos has never been ideal for her, she liked things more organized -but in the moment, it was fun. Some other guy, Drake she was pretty sure, (though she didn't know anything about him past his name), also seemed enthused by the oncoming rebellion.

"Don't worry about it. Everyone gets a little high off of revolution." She assured with a smile.

When they were walking towards the cooler, however, that dropped. The younger girl looks extremely drunk; she wanted to step in, just like Amber had mentioned. She would've, honestly, if it weren't for the fact that it wasn't her place to. The girl looked like she was barely in high school, which made it worse, and there was definitely some hostility there, but if she stepped in....well, she couldn't see it ending well. So, she ended up looking away, hoping for the best, and continuing towards the juice.

She picked up a random juice, before checking the flavor. Strawberry Kiwi. That wasn't too bad; she'd take it. "Thanks. Do these actually taste good, or....? I don't think I've had a Capri Sun ever." To her knowledge, they were just flavored water. But she was willing to give them a shot to see how it went.

Maverick Flynn
Mood: Puts Mantis On Arm Its Free Real Estate
Interacting: N/A (Open-ish) Mentions: Theo, Fern, Ivy, Ash​

There was one reason Flynn was at Theo's house, and one reason only: Revolution.

In all honesty, he didn't like parties. He never had, and he never would; while it was a 'cool' thing to like, he could never bring himself to stomach them. They were too crowded for his tastes. Everyone got packed in like sardines and people were likely to bump into each other and over all, it just wasn't the sort of thing he vibed with. He did vibe, however, with the idea of getting back at his cousin. After last weeks prank, it was something he desperately needed to do.

To break it down, Flynn and Theo had been at odds with one another since they were 12. It wasn't that they hated one another, but Flynn had released a thing of hissing cockroaches into Theo's room at one point- to be fair to himself, they were cute -and since that point, they'd been going back and forth terrorizing one another. It had especially picked up since Theo was heading off to college the next year, which meant that pranks would dwindle down only to the summers, of which they didn't have many left since soon Flynn would be leaving as well.

This had ultimately culminated with Theo covering his car in sticky notes. It had taken him two hours to take them all off, and he was pretty sure he missed some.

Obviously that meant he had to hit back and the best way, judging by the twitter, was to distribute the Capri Suns to the public like some sort of unskilled Robin Hood. He didn't even like Capri Sun, not to mention that again, he hated parties, but he needed a win and this was it. It was the only the perfect plan, really. He got some brownie points with whoever was at the party, and he got to piss off Theo a little. It wasn't exactly a prank, but it would need to do.

He regretted it almost immediately when he got into the party.

He slipped through the crowd, trying to keep space between him and the people there, already feeling crowded. He could see Theo with his broom in a corner, talking to some girl, and in the kitchen, there was an absolutely wasted child seeming to instill some hostility in one of the cheerleaders. Overall, not anything he wanted to get involved in. That wasn't to mention that he was positive Vanessa was around, and if he happened to see her, he was positive that he would curl up and die, which was a pretty uncool thing to do. He had never power walked faster in his life, but with the amount of stress he was currently under, it wasn't surprising.

He was able to make it to the basement door with little issue, unlocking it with his set of keys and slipping in, trying to be as stealthy as possible. He didn't bother locking it behind him, figuring no one would follow. They were all too distracted by whatever was going on out there. His plan was simple: get whatever boxes of Capri Suns were stored in the basement and not in the cooler and get out. It would've worked perfectly....

But he ended up getting distracted. Just a bit.

One minute, he was a man on a mission. The next, he was ignoring the Capri Suns and instead scooping Doris, his aunts orchid mantis, out of her enclosure to hold her gently. Impulse control had never been his friend, alright? And really, people could wait a bit for the juice. He needed a moment before throwing himself back into the fray, and there was no better way to relax than sitting on the floor and letting Doris explore his arm a little bit. This was all well and good, until he heard the basement door open, causing him to freeze up. It was a bad position to be caught in and he needed a good excuse quick, but his mind was blanking out. Shit.

Ryker Sylvi-Highland
(Mentions: BasilOwO BasilOwO )

"This the place..?" Ryker asked himself, pulling his truck over on the street close to the locale. "...Aw, shit, I'm prob'ly late." He cursed, still mostly speaking to himself as he switched his truck off and exited, jogging up to the house and biting his cheek. Before he went inside, he adjusted the sleeves on his denim jacket, that had been previously been pulled up to a degree he did not enjoy. After, without even knocking, he jogged by the people still outside and entered, becoming quickly enveloped by the music and loud conversations of other guests. The environment was...unusual to him, but nonetheless welcome. He'd been to parties before--many, many parties, in fact--but they were usually more "open" than this. That wasn't going to stop him, though, no sir!

His first order of business was finding the alcohol, of course. He suddenly wished he'd brought his own, but he didn't know the city well enough to get a buyer for it. He made his way throughout the house randomly, looking to where the crowds were thinning so he could talk to someone and hopefully get a drink, or snag some weed. He ended up more or less being forced to the sidelines, which wasn't an issue, but he didn't really enjoy being there. He came across a girl sitting alone, sipping her beer. "'Scuse me?" He asked her, in his typical and very noticeable southern accent. "Where might a guy go about findin' a drink like that? I jus' got here an' I'm a bit, eh, turned around, I guess." He said, chuckling as if he'd made a joke that was only slightly funny as he was brushing some loose hairs out of his brown eyes.​

Samantha Jones
“Follow me, I’ll show you.” She murmured, leading him through the crowd of people. She was fixed with glares, and someone actually told her to fuck off. She scoffed at that, shaking her head. “Don’t let them fool you, they love me.” She mutter, stumbling slightly. Any normal person could tell that she was lightweight, though she would never admit to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back