• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Rack 'Em Up Bar and Grill

MothSav

What are words
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Struggling Hooters knockoff restaurant suddenly loses owner. The rest of the employees try to keep it afloat.

Inspired by:

1576987234415.png

Themes:
Found family, comedy tones, waitress/customer, slice of life, hot wings and beer, realistic, big city, gang of misfits

Rack ‘Em Up Bar and Grill has been in business since its conception in the 80s. Danica Billings scraped it up and kept the business afloat despite all odds; the blizzard of ‘91, the chicken wing shortage of ‘98, and Danica’s single-handed raising of two daughters.

Things have changed, though. In big ways. The businesses surrounding Rack ‘Em Up have added tremendous pressure over the years. Flashy bars, modern restaurants, and dazzling new appeal have left the little business in the shadow of its competitors.
The sudden death of the Rack ‘Em Up matriarch is the biggest punch of all. Her oldest daughter, Laurie, is left to run the show in her wake.

Laurie Billings has had plenty of experience growing up and working in the bar and grill, but now at the helm, she’s struggling more than ever. Her younger sister, Gloria, is all about chaotic schemes to keep them afloat.

With a troop of employees, regular patrons, and supportive locals, will Rack ‘Em Up rise above it all and prosper once more? Or leave the final piece of their mother foreclosed and abandoned?

The place:
Rack ‘Em Up Bar and Grill, Chicago, Illinois.

The people:
Laurence ‘Laurie’ Billings: 27, owner
Gloria Billings: 22, bartender
Sarah Dawson: 21, waitress
Maria Esperanza Guadalupe-Valdez: 24, bartender/waitress
Alexander Volkov: 28, customer
Shawn "Goldie Shawn" Orozco: 27, server
Venera Petrov: 23, server/dishwasher
Guy Newcombe: 25, prep cook/deep fryer trainee
Phan Thi Xuan: 21, waitress
Nemanja Milović: 43, customer
Helena "Lena" Rose Matthison: 24, server (backup bartender)
Casper Ollila: 19, server

Rules:
This is first come, first serve for the most part. Approved character sheets will get a ‘like’ from me on the character page. However, if your character sheet looks like it won’t mesh well, I’ll shoot you a PM and we’ll discuss how to make things work.

No smut is going on here, but you still need to be 18 or older to join this RP.

Realistic faceclaims, no anime/cartoons. A written description is also totally acceptable.

Don't disrespect the chicken shirt.

Always feel free to discuss relationship connections! The Billings family is welcome to grow, and meshing characters family/friend-wise is welcome. Just ask first!

Be kind.

(Don't be hella extra)

No one is perfect; make sure your character isn’t either. The faults are what make us interesting!

At least one post a week, with a six sentence minimum on posts.

Please keep bbcode unobstructive. If I can’t read your font on mobile and desktop, you’ll be asked to change it.

If you don’t follow these rules, me or a mod will message you with a warning and explanation of what happened. If you break the rules again, you will be kicked.

Discord link will be PMed to you pending character approval

Have fun! Make friends!

Last edited:
Interested! ARGH I WANNA MAKE A PREGNANT WAITRESS. (points if yall get the reference to the movie)

A somewhat more festive bump than usual~ We're aiming to kick things off around the 28th, so let us know if you're interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back