• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

spartona

averi
"There is no fighting them. You either die, or you run."
Ten years ago, everything changed.

- - -

The world was peaceful. For the first time in who knows how long, the human race were not at war with each other. Small contentions remained, but ultimately, there was peace. Alas, eras come to an end.

The peace was shattered.

The world delved into chaos.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

R U N is a mystery/horror roleplay with Tabletop RPG aspects. A Game Master leads the group through the story. Stats will not be part of character sheets, but dice are included for fight scenes and actions that are better left to chance.

L O R E
Nobody is sure exactly what happened ten years ago, but everyone has their theories. The only thing everyone knows for certain is that creatures of the myths now roam the earth. Humans had no way to fight them- and still don't. At least, not that you and your bunker is aware of.

Your character lives in the bunker with nine other people. You've been there for eight years- some millionaire decided to turn a profit on the chaos and created these safe havens for the human race. Several went unfinished, courtesy of the mythological creatures.

These creatures have found your bunker.

This is where the story begins.

I N F O R M A T I O N
This is a semi-literate to literate roleplay. Character sheets are required- you may use your own template or use the one provided. As long as it doesn't include NSFW or triggering content, you're good. Character art is not required but definitely encouraged! This roleplay will take place on discord. The discord server link will be posted once nine people are interested. If you have an interest in playing multiple characters, please say so in your message stating your interest in this forum. (The limit is two.)

Feel free to leave any and all questions below.​

Hey there! My curiosity is tickled, but I also want to make sure that I'm a good fit for this since it's GM guided:

1. What pace are you looking to set for this? A weekly posting expectation? Or something fast like a daily expectation, so that we can get moving along in both dialogue, transition and combat?
2. Will this strictly only accept human characters? I really like the idea of having dice, an chances (of dying), but not so much if we all just have supernatural powers to get us out of a pickle ...
3. Speaking of death, will it be possible for our characters to meet an untimely end? And would we be given chances to make new characters if they do die?
4. I do not have experience in DnD-esque/Dice groups, but for example, if we entered a dark room, and I rolled poorly, would I be responsible for writing out how something jumps out and swipes at me, or will that be the GMs responsibility?
5. Just a question about technology and state of the world, which you might have readily if the interest takes off ... but would we have access to electricity, water, plumbing, communications, etc. in our bunkers, or is this like ... people living out here with the bare minimum, off the grid like its a zombie apocalypse, and re-discovering what the world looks like after like 10 years of being sheltered in our bunker?

I'm putting down my interest for this - and if you feel I'm a good fit I'd love to join! (I'd only make one character)

Hey there! My curiosity is tickled, but I also want to make sure that I'm a good fit for this since it's GM guided:

1. What pace are you looking to set for this? A weekly posting expectation? Or something fast like a daily expectation, so that we can get moving along in both dialogue, transition and combat?
2. Will this strictly only accept human characters? I really like the idea of having dice, an chances (of dying), but not so much if we all just have supernatural powers to get us out of a pickle ...
3. Speaking of death, will it be possible for our characters to meet an untimely end? And would we be given chances to make new characters if they do die?
4. I do not have experience in DnD-esque/Dice groups, but for example, if we entered a dark room, and I rolled poorly, would I be responsible for writing out how something jumps out and swipes at me, or will that be the GMs responsibility?
5. Just a question about technology and state of the world, which you might have readily if the interest takes off ... but would we have access to electricity, water, plumbing, communications, etc. in our bunkers, or is this like ... people living out here with the bare minimum, off the grid like its a zombie apocalypse, and re-discovering what the world looks like after like 10 years of being sheltered in our bunker?

I'm putting down my interest for this - and if you feel I'm a good fit I'd love to join! (I'd only make one character)

I'm so glad! And totally understandable.

1. It'd be awesome to go fast paced, but I know people (including myself) have lives and other things that aremore important to do and wouldn't be able to keep up with posting everyday. I would like to keep it somewhat fast paced (I've found mystery roleplays to be fun faster) but my expectations for replies are really whenever players can respond. I would like it if everyone could let me know that they're busy and can't reply. No need to apologize, just a heads up that life is happening and the response won't be immediate/will be delayed.
2. Yes, only human characters. Gotta get creative if you encounter a centaur. (I actually prefer human characters because the things players have come up with to solve problems involving supernatural characters is very entertaining.)
3. Hopefully they don't die, but if they do (which is plausible)- I would make sure the player is aware they could/is fine with it, and I'd let them make a new character. Unless they're wanting to leave the group. I've GMed groups where people tire of their character and ask if there's a way they can use a different one with death being the answer to that problem :/
4. I'd do that : ) As a GM I usually describe those things. You are responsible for your character's reaction to the situation. Some people I've been in groups with will do a quick description with their character's reaction. I try to give enough information to fill in surroundings and NPCs, but keep it loose enough for the characters to react and do as they please.
5. I'm one of those GMs who world-build more than I need to -laughs- so thanks for asking! Essentially, yes! The man who built the bunkers connected them to whatever grid was available. You have water, electricity, and plumbing. (I could go on about exactly how you have it, but I don't want to bore you.) The communication system is just radios, since cell towers have been destroyed. The state of the world outside the bunkers is...interesting. Don't want to spoil too much!

I hope I answered all your questions, don't be afraid to ask for expanded explanations. Glad you're interested! I already think you'd be a great fit. (Hopefully we'll get enough interested parties!)

bump - two more interested parties needed to put things into motion, but seven spots are still available!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back