• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic R E S O N A T O R . Schrödinger's Gambit [not accepting]

Lekiel

Two Thousand Club
Supporter
Haloweek - 九龙夜航
RESONATOR
Schrödinger's Gambit
Introduction
Timeline
Codex
  • Introduction
    Schrödinger's Gambit
    To take a course of action based on the pure belief that no matter what the outcome will be, it will be a favourable one.
    Prelude
    We are dying.

It has been exactly 4 months since the Corruptants overwhelmed our forces and turned the tide of battle against humanity. The Sons of Pythagoras had infiltrated our ranks, rotting us from within. A cancer that had spread throughout our entire system, faltering the will of men and corroding the once great machinations that unity had bequeathed us. To think that they were once branded as a small insignificant bunch of madmen. The Corruptants thrived on that sort of insanity. Historia Apostle Of Lies, wretched angel, she who is the mother of deception bathed in the blood of countless of our brethren. Sanctum Aaru had fallen.

We should’ve known. It’d been barely a few years since Shattered Heavens, the catastrophe that brought humanity to its knees. We had learned and overcome. But like countless times in our long history, we became complacent, idle in our gilded cages, safe behind the Schrödinger Barriers of our Sanctums. Fat and indolent. That’s what we were. We as in they; the governments of our fractured world. Such was the curse of men, to adapt. To grow strong in strife. And To become weak in the relative peace of a new normal.

But we are not them.

Even as the blight encroach on our borders and Corruptants tear our walls down, heroes will rise. In unwavering creed and powers derived from the very fabric of the Universe of which we have become our very own gods. Humanity shall once again retake what we had lost and from the ashes, rebuild ourselves anew.

But this tale is not ours to weave. For behind every roaring flame, is the spark of ordinary men. Men who will pave the way to Deliverance.

Men like you and I. Resonators we are called—an elite taskforce of the Retalis Concordia Legions. And we’re all that stands between existence and annihilation.

This is our story. Know it.

For you will die, and no one will remember you.
    GM Notes
    Resonator: Schrödinger's Gambit (R:SG) was originally intended to be a filler RP to get my two (literally) creative braincells moving again, as I was having difficulty expanding on another RP of mine. It borrows tons of influence from various media, in particular, the anime Human Lost and was intended to be a very simple and straightforward RP both lore and storywise. Unfortunately, the more I set into writing, the more I felt the need to explain certain parts of the world until it becomes what it is now. So hey, I hope the text walls aren’t too daunting and that you’ll find this premise interesting enough to chip in, toodles!

Premise
    An alternate earth. A universe brought into ruin, destroyed by humankind as they shattered the very fabric of reality. You are a Resonant, an elite soldier of the last vestiges of mankind. The war against Dimension Devourers, called Corruptants, has been going against humanity and it is up to a small dedicated force to protect and deliver a top-secret device to safety so that future generations will have a fighting chance. With traitors abound, your loyalty to the survival of your species must remain steadfast and your resolve unwavering. How much are you willing to sacrifice so that unborn eyes can open?
    Guidelines
    ◇ A sample post will be required along with your CS application. If you’re unsure whether my pompous elitist ass will accept your writing, feel free to shoot the sample over before you work on the CS. By doing this, it is not my intention of belittling those who are less able in this regard. Everyone starts from somewhere, but there is space for learning and there is also space for enjoying visual orgasms elicited when I read your carefully arranged communication symbols. Arguably there is both, but this is more of the latter.

◇ Posting frequency. Once a week. More is welcome. If you are unable, just let me know. I can be reasonable to you know? Just keep me updated. 2 weeks of absence with not a single poop will get you the kicker.

◇ There will be no posting order unless specified. Usually for special events or fights. But if you are capable of posting novels every few hours, lord bless you, by all means, indulge us but please be reasonable and allow others to catch up. Cake is good. More cake is good. Gluttony not so much.

◇ The RP will be dark, gritty and at times, gory. It may explore execrable themes not intended for less mature audiences. The only limits are what is permitted by RPN. Actions will have consequences and that includes me killing off your character if they continue down the path of stupid. Do consider these things before joining. In fact, your character may actually die. Consider yourself forewarned.

◇ Discord will likely be the OOC platform of choice. I’m not the most active chatter, but I do know that there are many who find it helpful to keep interactions and interest in the RP going. It is also undoubtedly easier to manage the RP given its tools. If you are unable to use Discord for any reason, do let me know. It is not a deal breaker.
Code by Nano

Last edited:
Hey! This sounds really interesting! I will have to read the rest of the lore after work, but so far I'm really into it. :ghostv:

I'll certainly put in an application.
Aww gee, I'm really glad you're interested! Wasn't sure if this was your vibe tbh haha (not in a bad way!). But I'm really glad ^^

I'll get the CS requirements up soonest! Within 24 hours.

Aww gee, I'm really glad you're interested! Wasn't sure if this was your vibe tbh haha (not in a bad way!). But I'm really glad ^^

I'll get the CS requirements up soonest! Within 24 hours.
I just started a sci fi thread a month or so ago. This is a little different, but I'm all into sci fi XD

Hi all! Character guide has been updated!

Also the discord link is now in the first post! Do drop by and if you have any questions, please ask away! Unfortunately, it's passed my bedtime so I might be sleeping soon but I promise to get to them asap ^^

Hello! Should the writing sample be sent through here, or should it be done through the ooc? Speaking of, are the sample's details in said discord?

If you got room I think I'll throw my lot in if that's ok. Can I just be lazy and direct you to past RP's of mine to save on the example post?

If you got room I think I'll throw my lot in if that's ok. Can I just be lazy and direct you to past RP's of mine to save on the example post?
We've still got room! And yes, a link is fine.

We've still got room! And yes, a link is fine.
I'll just give you my most recent post in a rp i'm currently in then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back