• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Quinnburrow

Skylord Nexus

Dabbler in the Dark Arts
Ahh, another beautiful day in the city! The sun was shining. The birds were singing. People were running away and screaming in panic, but that's ok! That sound was practically drowned out by the sound of metal feet, of course, the alarm bells helped but let's not focus on that. Let's instead focus on this handsome chap right here!... said chap then let out a sigh as he turned to a robot stood next to a spotlight "No 3 7 2, that's when you need to turn the spotlight on to illuminate me. That's ok though, I forgive you, you beautiful bot you." The man then proceeded to pat the robot on the head to which it didn't react "Why don't you go help the others carry the money out of the bank." The robot then turned and joined a group of about three other similar robots who were removing money from a large vault which doors had been blown off.

Lucius looked at his robots with a smile on his face and he lied down on the beach chair he bought with him "I love bank heists, they're just so retro. Not to mention they provide a healthy boost to my income as well as a chance to practise my choreography for bigger plans." The villain then closed his eyes and relaxed, assuming nothing would interrupt him.

Lucius jumped out of his chair, with an overly exaggerated look of shock on his face "How could you say that?!" he then ran over to the nearest robot and put his hands over its ear's "Firstly, Yes, I know it's doesn't have ears. Secondly, Shh! You'll hurt its feelings... though yes I know they aren't alive I just don't really have many friends." The villain then let go of the robots head and made his way closer to the hero in front of him, though safely out of punching distance.

Now he was closer Lucius had an opportunity to look over what was on the hero's belt and looked at the various gadgets. Though he was unable to ascertain the purpose of any of them he assumed they were made by shard, this meant two things: one, they were shoddy at best and he could do better with a toaster. Two, it was unlikely that he'd be able to control them with his power, Shard was annoying that way. Never the less, Lucius took it in stride, pacing left and right in front of Griffin with a cocky smirk on his face "So, how do you think this is going to go? And no I'm not trying to do a villain monologue I'm genuinely curious. If we look at this from a logical perspective, I have the numerical advantage as well as the defensive advantage as my beloved robots are made of metal. On the other hand, you have the aerial advantage not to mention a multitude of gadgets, so really this could go either way I suppose. How fun!"

Lucius' attention was then drawn to the fangirls, sending him off down a whole other avenue of conversation "That's something else I don't get! How come you lot get all the fans when I get none. What's the difference between us? I'm just as good looking as him, and I mean that because you're very good-looking. I'm probably more charismatic. Not to mention my massive intelligence! And no that's not innuendo, I'm just way smarter. What's there not to love?!"

Lucius sighed and pouted at the hero in front of him "Well aren't you the life of the party." He disliked heroes like Griffin, they never partook in any friendly banter, it made the job far more boring. Then again it was fun pressing buttons to see how long it would take then to crack, and he'd be damned if he didn't find that out by the end of their confrontation. The villain then threw his arms make and made an overly dramatic face at his adversary "It's too late for that I'm afraid. I'm already smitten with you!"

With most things with Lucius, this act didn't last long as the next part of the conversation distracted him "Now I've always found saving people the most ambiguous of heroic duties because like it or not, you're going to save some bad people. On the subject of morales actually, I would like to bring to everyone's attention the fact that given my powers and what I'm capable of, I could be doing far worse than this"

A smirk found it's way onto Lucius' face again though as he circled around Griffin, much like a vulture would it's food "You know what I'm a big fan of? The art of distraction! The ability to missdirect one's opponent. The way I like to do this is by talking, which is good because I do it a lot, too much some would say. Heck! Even I think I talk too much. Right now is a prime example. While I've been talking I've been charging up energy to discharge. Oh and don't worry about our audience, I make it a personal rule not to hurt people." Lucius' body then began crackling with purple electricity before letting out pules around him that would electrocute anything or anyone close to him. The villain then let out a hearty chuckle "Let's make sure to put on a good show my heroic hombre!"

Lucius gave his adversary a small round of applause after he avoided his initial attack "Nice jump my feathered friend!" Now, this was what Lucius had been waiting for! Sure he loved the sound of his own voice and explaining his thought process to people (what villain didn't?) but he always found the fight the best part. The fast pace, the need to quickly adapt one's strategy at a moments notice, it was everything his brain needed to stay alive! "You want to know something genuinely interesting? I did all this because I was bored. And yes, I am that much of a jerk before you say anything."

All that being said, Lucius wasn't a big fan of his enemies ability to fly "You know, those wings are quite unsporting of you! We should probably get them clipped!" At that, Lucius robots stopped transporting money and looked at the hero. Two of them held up their right arms and fired out a cable with a sticky end, their aim to attach said cable to the hero and drag him down where the other two would be waiting to wail on him.

Meanwhile, our devilishly handsome villain pulled a pistol from a holster at his hip. Well, pistol wasn't strictly right, it was actually a multi-phaseic wave emitter powered by the electro-kinetic part of his power, basically, it was a laser gun that used him for power. Lucius held up the overly ornate blaster and aimed towards the small balls in Griffin's hands, his aim to destroy them before they got anywhere close to him "Reach for the sky bird boy."

Griffin and his friend were right in their assumption as the cables quickly reached their full length before they could get anywhere near him, and consequently fell to the ground. This did irritate Lucius though, well that and the heroes misunderstanding of what he said "Ok, now you're being a spoiled sport! There is literally nothing I can do like this except fire this thing." Lucius then pointed his gun at Griffin again and yet out a few shots, all of which flew off course due to the long distance before dissipating "See?! My point exactly! Oh! Also, I said: reach for the sky, bird boy. Comma Bird Boy. It was supposed to be a kind of cowboy thing because the pistol you know?"

In spite of his negative grammatical feelings, Lucius knew he needed a plan, and whilst Griffin had the aerial advantage he was in trouble so he devised a plan. He got one of his robots to fire another cable at a nearby news truck and pull it over to them, at which point he quickly removed the news team from inside of it before yelling up to the cities winged saviour "This is how things are gonna go! I will go inside here, and if you want to get me, you need to come back down!" The villain then entered the truck and began messing with the camera inside while his robots stood at the door.

Now he had some privacy, Lucius effortlessly rigged up the van's systems to broadcast him on whatever news station this was "Hello friends! I would like to draw your attention for a short while for a segment I like to call: The Things That Really Matter. Today on The Things That Really Matter: Why do we still store all our money in one place behind a large vault door? I mean think about it! Surely there's a more secure way to store our money than this, look what I did. All I needed was a bit of C4 and BOOM! Vault door: gone! So my question for today is: Why aren't banks doing more to protect our money. More in five. Back to the studio."

The 'secondary mode' proved to be more than just effective as the heads of the three robots exploded, with confetti strangely enough. It seemed Lucius planned for many eventualities. The villain defiantly noticed that three of his beloved robots had bit the dust and said a little prayer for them "No matter how long I live, I will never forget you. I hope that your time in robot hell is painless and that you are looking up at me... metaphorically, your heads exploded. And if there is a robot hell then that's just a complete mess when it comes to morality. Never the less, your sacrifice will not be in vain... no, it probably will." needless to say, this continued for some time.

Let us now move away from whatever that was to something infinitely more exciting, BirdMano vs Roboto! Unfortunately for Griffin, he was now much closer than before and this robot still had his grapple. Just like with the others, a cable was shot out of its right arm. If it found purchase the bot would proceed to attempt to smash the hero into the ground, if it failed... it was screwed.

As the tug of war was happening, Lucius began broadcasting himself again "Welcome back viewers to: The Things That Really Matter! Next up: What's with all the hate on people with powers?! Don't get me wrong. It's fine to hate on people like me who use their powers for bad things, spoiler alert: we deserve it. But that's no excuse to go hating on people just because their different. It's a constant theme we see throughout history, and it's one we need to learn from! Trust me when I say, those kids who are just coming into their powers are far more scared than you can imagine and are more of a danger to themselves than you. So to sum up: STOP BEING RACIST ASSHOLES! For more conversations like this feel free to visit my website, www.howishesoawesome.com. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a situation to deal with. Back to the studio."

Like with the others, the robots head exploded in a mixture of metal shrapnel and confetti. Shortly after, Lucius emerged from the van, pistol in hand "Firstly I wasn't to apologise about the wing, I'm really not into hurting people. Secondly, I have a proposition for you. You can't fly but can likely still punch me and or use gadgets. I have a laser gun, which only stuns, and am rather bad with my fists. The way I see it is that we can either wail on each other in a way that will end up being humiliating for both of us, OR we both call it a day and go home, no one gets hurt and no more property damage is done. I'd prefer option two personally. What do you say?" Yes, he was definitely being the bigger person. And no, it had nothing to do with the money from the bank he hid on his person.

Lucius sighed and smiled at Griffin "Can't blame a guy for trying." He proceeded to walk over to the money pile and remove all the cash that was on him "You know, as much as I like fighting you, I do so enjoy our little talks, and I stand by what I said earlier about your looks. I am single you know." Lucius then walked over to him and patted him on the back "Never the less, good game... Oh and look out, I may have put a tracker on you. Then again, maybe not!." The villain then began walking off, but not before quickly turning on the heel and bowing to the crowd of onlookers "Thank you, everyone! You've been a wonderful audience! Till next time, ciao!" The villain proceeded to saunter off down a nearby alley as he made his way home, making sure to use his powers to disable any form of surveillance on the way.

About ten minutes later Lucius had gotten home to the apartment. The place itself was quite nice, sizable kitchen and living room, two bedrooms, one of which belonged to his roommate and a decent sized bathroom, though it was annoying they had to share. At the moment it seemed his friend wasn't home, which was good because this job was not one he wanted to discuss, also that meant the shower was free. Swiftly loosing his fabulous outfit, the not so villainous villain pick up and pair of purple PJ's before having a shower.

While in the shower Lucius heard the sound of the door and movement from inside the flat so he assumed Griffin must have come home "That was close. Any later and we'd have been having one awkward conversation." Now that he was done with his shower, Lucius quickly dried himself off, once again forgetting to turn off the shower, before changing into his PJ's and exiting the room. He didn't really need to wear his Pj's, it was still reasonably early, but then again he was lazy and tired.

Just as he'd suspected, he saw Griffin in the kitchen, giving him a quick wave before jumping onto the sofa "Hey dude. How's your day been?" Now was his favourite part about leading a double life, he got to talk about himself and not sound like a self-centred jerk "You seen what's been going on today? That super smart and dashing villain tried to rob a bank. He also took over a news broadcast and actually used it to raise some pretty decent point. Why do banks store all their money in one big centralized vault? Eggs in one basket much."

Lucius looked up from his place on the sofa towards his friend slightly hurt by his response "Just because someone's evil doesn't mean they can't be smart of dashing. Think about it, fictions filled with evil geniuses and dashing rogues. Though I guess everyone's entitled to there own opinion. You gotta admit though, he's definitely charismatic." He'd be damned if he didn't get one compliment out of this, his ego did need to be regularly stroked you know.

Lucius then began flicking through TV channels until he ended up on a generic superhero cartoon and began watching it. While it wasn't bad, the villain definitely found such shows far more enjoyable when they weren't basically adaptations of his day to day life, it was kind of depressing in a way. "Well if you don't care about that bad guy, what do you think of the hero he was fighting? I think he's alright. Still, though, talk about loosing at the superpower lottery, he could have been born with any mutation or power, and he was given wings, kinda sucks. He's still pretty hot though, so I guess he has that going for him."

Lucius cocked his head and thought about his friends comment "I guess they could be. Pretty impressive if they are though, they're really lifelike." Lucius then somehow managed to sink even furtherer into the sofa as he relaxed "Anyway, enough of this talk about the positive attributes of heroes and villains, hows your day been? Anything interesting happen?"

While he was never a particularly skilled people person when it came to singular people, Lucius had to admit it was nice having someone to talk to who wasn't a soulless machine, it was also quite humbling to have someone knock his ego down a peg or two, keeping it consistently the size of about three football stadiums.

"Also, you up to anything tonight? Or do you fancy sitting down and watching a movie?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back