Quietus Graves

Ninth

Artificial Partial Intelligence
Quietus Graves

Normal Appearance

Nanna_zps27kmvfj2.png

Identifying features

• A light scar lining her right eye. It starts towards the brow, near the root of the nose, and travels diagonally to the cheekbone. 
  • There is a small birthmark on her stomach, though, due to growth, it can be found above her left hip. 
  • Relatively hollow eyes, it is assumed that this is due to the fact that the 'Graves' family has held the same line of occupation for many generations. It's almost like a family trademark! (They don't exactly take light too well!)

Occupation

Grave Keeper, Memorial Services;

Relatively Low Income

Because when there is life, we will find death. And with death, we find Quietus.

The Graves lineage has served as keepers for countless generations. Some might find it peculiar that a family stays so dedicated to the process of burying the dead. However, that is simply due to the fact that others don't understand the warmth that can be found within the 'cold' work. Even in death, they ensure that all lives hold a place within this world. They forge the ground much like a monument, cherishing all those who enter despite their status. All are equal here, where the depravity of life holds no greater or lesser form. 

Home Life 

(Are they rich? Poor? What's their relationship with family/housemates?)

The Graves family is one that is familiar with poverty, but are blessed with the chance to remain stable. In general, their occupation's salary tends to fluctuate, however they also ensure that prices are affordable for any family.  The only factor that places them so well off, is the fact that the Graves family slipped into a more traditional sense. (Mostly due to the fact that the price for electricity has risen). The only thing powered within their home through tagigite is a single phone, which is almost strictly used for business. But this by no means states that they live a minimalist lifestyle. In fact, when salary fluctuates to the higher ends they are known for purchasing items for leisure. Much like Quietus with her rather large quantity of written literature, though it was built with many years' time. 

Close-knit is a decent term to summarize the relationship between those within the family. They are the type of family that rarely bother closing room doors, and show no hesitation in sharing items of leisure. Then again, the family only truly consisted of Quietus, her mother, and her father, for the longest time. The mood was always somewhat peculiar, what not with the family being quiet rather than interacting for the most part, but still it was warm. It was obvious that each preferred lingering around another rather than being alone, and it wasn't uncommon for them to go out of there way to help another without a word of request. In other words, the relationship of the Graves family went beyond the need for words. Where all could live in relative happiness in a symbiotic form. 

Though, that was only for the longest of times. Even if one lives, tied to the realm of the dead, there is one thing that is never truly anticipated. By the age of eighteen, Quietus dug her first grave alone. In memoriam of her father, and those before even him, she conducted the entire ceremony herself. Things were... strange, in the time that followed. The symbiotic nature of the family remained, but it felt incomplete, as no other could fill the hole left behind by such a great man. Mother and Daughter alike found that the gravity between them increased, finding it mildly difficult to remain alone with rooms for prolonged periods. But outwardly, little else had changed, as still, they were accustomed to such a concept. There was no crushing sadness, or hatred towards a being of greater power. It was simply odd, to be without one that was practically a part of them. 

Personality 

Intelligent, philosophical, and a bit enigmatic, the surface of Quietus might be a little hard to breach. At times she has extreme difficulty in maintaining a casual conversation, simply because she is unsure of how to go about it. This is not to say that she is some sort of introvert, but rather she literally does not understand the point in a casual conversation. For example; Instead of bantering about hobbies and interests in detail, it was simply easier to say what she liked and move along. It is much like how she doesn't quite understand the subject of 'being rude', as she just relates dismissive attitudes to that of being uninterested. In short, it's kind of hard to approach Quietus without a game plan.

Quietus has always been the type to grasp things quickly, or well, most things (*Disregarding acceptable social behaviors).  And as such, she thoroughly enjoys learning. This can be backed by the fact that she collects literature over quite the vast expanse of topics. Even in engineering and the theoretical sciences, to the distant reach of gardening and art. She even gets a little excited when another asks how things work. But again, the real difficulty rises when another asks if she can teach the topic. As a result of her comprehending topics quickly, she isn't quite sure how to break it down for slow learners. Though, luckily, Quietus isn't one to show agitation.

It's probably due to the eagerness of expanding her own mind that Quietus explores the philosophical. It's undeniable that she becomes absorbed in thinking of what could be, as she can even rant for hours if one touches on such a topic. It's quite hilarious really, as one will have a hard time simply conversing about their day, but when it comes to foreign topics like 'where does the dead go', she can't seem to stop talking. As such, the key to unlocking Quietus's broader emotions is through introducing a foreign element. Bring a puzzle, or anything that can force her mind to focus, and she is typically a little easier to read. 

*Quietus mildly resents those that take life for granted. More so, those that do not cherish the life of those that are important. 

Religious views 

Quietus is not a devote follower of any single religion. This is mostly due to the fact that she enjoys philosophy, and desires to create her own beliefs. However, recently she seems to favor theories relating to reincarnation. It is unfortunate that she herself can not believe such a fantastical feat could exist. But nonetheless, she desires to believe that one such cycle could exist. (This is an internal struggle, where Quietus desires to fight against logic for once.) 

Romantic Orientation 

Panromantic Demisexual

What is your wish? 

To release the living, from the fear of death.

* For all to experience the taste of death, as a loved one is taken. *

What is your fear? 

Being cast into a void of nothingness, alone.

Famine, that which takes countless lives far too early.

And Felines, they are nefarious creatures that are only fit for choking on vermin! 

What's most scarce in your life right now? 

Friendship and Bonds. 

Midheaven relations?

Wings Choriste@Thalia_Neko 

(( Symbiotic ))

It was a meeting of chance, beyond predictability at that point. It had always been Quietus's strategy to lure the Nadir into traps, so she could effectively pull them into the Garden Realm for a secure capture. Though, plans had to forcibly change when a fellow Midheaven was caught as well. This was her encounter with the Midheaven, Wings. Her power and weapon amused Quietus, the potential strategems within her mind proving too tempting to release. And as such, she proposed a most peculiar idea. This girl should make use of the the Garden Realm in order to train. 

Though, neither know of the other's true form.

Mantis Weaver: @Mollisol

(( Acquaintance )) 

This was a relatively expected meeting. For one that works so closely to death via funerals and other commemorations, it is not strange for Quietus to know those who work with the floral. And though the two don't necessarily know each other privately, there are a few instances where the two can gain knowledge of one another. 

Midheaven Appearance

Traditional%20Preparations_zps5zs7nzm8.png

Constellation 

The Plum Tree

Emotion 

Tranquility

Weapon description

Quietus wields little more than a fan, a passive alternative to most weapons when it comes to straight combat. However, it's true use is to alter the winds within her Garden Realm. Within that realm, the fan is capable of releasing invisible projectiles, as well large gusts to reap her foes of balance and maneuverability.  

Magic 

Through the power of Tranquility, Quietus gains the ability to phase herself and others into a sub-dimension as though to maintain order within the fabric of reality. This sub-dimension is called 'The Garden Realm', as in appearance, it is a large circular garden covering roughly a mile and a half. When one reaches the boundary, they are met with an invisible barrier. Quietus rules within this realm, as she herself is capable of weaving it's design. However, if changes are to be made after the Realm is created, she must be within the proximity to apply them. 

Stars

Emotional Magical Effects

Your magic can cause extreme effects based on your emotions. If you start as a Midheaven, strike out one of the Despair shifts (indicating that you went through it already) and start with 0 Despair and 0 Hope, or start with 2 Despair and 0 Hope. If you start as a normal person, start off with everything uncrossed and at 0.

Hope: 0/3

Despair: 0/3

Hope Shift

• A lucky break gets you closer to your goal.
  • You are able to heal someone else, removing all of their Despair points, healing a serious injury, or removing alterations by a Despair Shift or Great Despair.
  • You have a moment of sincere hope. Remove any Despair points you have.

Despair Shift

• You have an outburst that alienates you from others.
  • You have an outburst that injures you or someone else.
  • You permanently acquire another fear or twisted wish. Write it on your CS.

Great Hope

• You cause a small miracle to happen.
  • Undo any fears, twisted wishes, or alterations to your body caused by a Despair Shift or Great Despair.
  • Somehow, life in Astrophel gets a little happier and less panicked.

Great Despair

• Your body permanently takes on an unnatural aspect related to your constellation, your associated emotion, or something that led up to your Great Despair.
  • Your magic goes out of control, destroying non-magical things in the immediate area.
  • A Nadir wrenches itself from your body, with characteristics and a human target based on what led up to your Great Despair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Demisexual

If I'm understanding this correctly, she needs to have a sufficient emotional bond/relationship with someone before becoming attracted to them? That's all fine and good, but I need to know which gender(s) that applies to. (I'm not trying to say she can't have that as a sexuality; I just need more information.)

Through the power of Tranquility, Quietus gains the ability to phase herself and others into a sub-dimension as though to maintain order within the fabric of reality. This sub-dimension is called 'The Garden Realm', as in appearance, it is a large circular garden covering roughly a mile and a half. When one reaches the boundary, they are met with an invisible barrier. Quietus rules within this realm, as she herself is capable of weaving it's design. However, if changes are to be made after the Realm is created, she must be within the proximity to apply them. 

I really like the idea of being able to design and phase combatants into a sub-dimension. It's not an issue; just something I thought was really cool. ^^;

Other than all of that, Quietus is accepted.

If I'm understanding this correctly, she needs to have a sufficient emotional bond/relationship with someone before becoming attracted to them? That's all fine and good, but I need to know which gender(s) that applies to. (I'm not trying to say she can't have that as a sexuality; I just need more information.)

All, actually. 

She is just strongly attracted to those with a strong emotional bond. 

Regardless of gender, it's less about 'They look cute', and more 'I want to get closer...' 

If you want, I can put (Homosexual) up there next to it, simply to make things easier! 

I really like the idea of being able to design and phase combatants into a sub-dimension. It's not an issue; just something I thought was really cool. ^^;

And thank you very much!!! 

Last edited by a moderator:
All, actually. 

She is just strongly attracted to those with a strong emotional bond. 

Regardless of gender, it's less about 'They look cute', and more 'I want to get closer...' 

If you want, I can put (Homosexual) up there next to it, simply to make things easier! 

And thank you very much!!! 

"Homo" is just gay though? "Pan" would be all.

And you're welcome :)

Quietus could be a Panromantic Demisexual, meaning who she is romantically attracted to is not limited by gender/sex but she has to develop a close bond with someone to be sexually attracted to them. Maybe? Just thought I would add in a comment in case you hadn't thought of it.

Quietus could be a Panromantic Demisexual, meaning who she is romantically attracted to is not limited by gender/sex but she has to develop a close bond with someone to be sexually attracted to them. Maybe? Just thought I would add in a comment in case you hadn't thought of it.

Ooooh! Nice add! 

I might actually go ahead and insert that. Thank you! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back